A sore back, sore feet and we still overeat! Dining Review for 10/9-10/18. Update 11/04 Complete!

disneyAndi14

DIS Veteran
Hi to all, I have decided to share our dining experiences at are most recent trip. This trip consisted of myself (Caroline) in the middle of the picture, my dd (Andi) next to Dug, and my sister (Donna). Andi and I have AP's and travel to WDW at least 2-3x a year from chilly northern Minnesota. My sister joined us this trip and she has not been to WDW since 2009 so it was fun showing her the ropes. I have been battling plantar fasciitis so I was not up to my usual pace. I normally walk 5 miles a day and I have been unable to do 2 miles without significant pain so I was a little bummed it had not resolved before our trip. I also ended up with a really sore back the last two days so that is where the title comes from.

We visited some new restaurants and som old faves. The list includes Caseys, Pecos Bills, Yak and Yeti, Sci-Fi, Raglan Road, Ohana's, GG, Vi Napoli, BOG, San Angel Inn, snacks at FW, Hollywood and Vine Halloween dining. We also ate at The Leaky Cauldron, Krusty Burger, Cowfish, and snacks at US. Please join me on this great dining experience. We really liked it all. Will be back with day 1 Caseys and Pecos BillsIMG_0580.JPG

Great pic! Looking forward to the reports . . .
Thank you, glad to have you following along
Looking forward to your report! Nice to meet you :)
Thank you, nice to meet you!
Looking forward to your reviews!
Thank you, I hope you enjoy our fun trip!
Reading along! You have some of our favorites on your list.
Thank you, we really enjoyed all the choices we made this trip!

Day 1. Today was our travel day, we arrived in WDW around 1:30pm, we were staying at the BWV for the first time. We loved it so much, what a great location! We stayed in a studio on rented points, our view was the creepy clown pool, guess what I secretly loved the clown lol. Our room was clean, comfortable, and very quiet at night. We headed to MK, this is a tradition for Andi and I. We always go to MK and eat at Casey's our first day. It was late afternoon when we arrived, right after FoF parade, we saw it another day, love it!
Casey's was busy as usual, we did find a table outside. We decided to share a hot dog meal and corn dog nugget meal. Both were very tasty, the food was hot and fresh. I am not a big fan of the skinny fries but they did taste good except you get a ton of them. We then went and had dole whips, this was Donna's first time trying one, she is like me, she thought it was good but not oh my goodness good. Andi, on the other hand, loves them and eats 2-3 a trip.
We enjoyed our FP+ and park touring and found we were hungry again so we went to Pecos Bills, we shared the beef nachos and used the topping bar, these were very good. The CM was so nice and she reminded me of the AP discount at the QS location now so that was a plus, Andi had a Mickey pretzel instead. The girl can live on dole whips and Mickey Pretzels.IMG_0585.JPG IMG_7219.JPGIMG_6547.JPGIMG_7221.JPGIMG_6736.JPG

The nachos look great, and now I really want a Mickey pretzel. I agree that the Dole Whips are pretty good but not fabulous.

Hi Caroline!!!!! I can't believe you beat me back to Disney. Seriously jealous. Can't wait to eat all about it

Holy fries! Yup, that's quite the large order! I love corn dog nuggets but haven't had them at Disney for awhile. I'm also with you on the Dole Whips, it would suffice if I needed something to cool me off and if was the only option but otherwise, I'll go for something different.
Is that the view from your room? Pretty nice! We've stayed at BWV 4x but always on an upper floor. Lucked out once with a great BW view and then lucked out again (kind of) for a couple nights of our trip last year with a BW/Wishes/high Illuminations view. I don't care if I never see another clown in my life but the pool has never bothered me!

We then went and had dole whips, this was Donna's first time trying one, she is like me, she thought it was good but not oh my goodness good.
I'm in the minority, but I definitely do not like Dole Whips. :duck:
Granted, I've only had them at my home park, Disneyland. Maybe they taste different in Orlando? :confused3

img_6736-jpg.202062
Yum! All that's missing is a side of cheese to dip it in :goodvibes

oooooooh yum so far! Sounds like an amazing trip! I can't wait to hear about the Yak & Yeti! That's on our short list for when we visit! We drool every time we walk by because it smells so amazing. But then I look at the menu and worry that we won't like anything on it so we keep walking.

The nachos look great, and now I really want a Mickey pretzel. I agree that the Dole Whips are pretty good but not fabulous.
The nachos were very tasty and a good deal at 10.99, especially if you share. I can't believe that was our first time in Pecos Bills, Andi is not much for Tex-Mex but I will definitely be back!
Hi Caroline!!!!! I can't believe you beat me back to Disney. Seriously jealous. Can't wait to eat all about it
Hi Kari, yes we had to put our AP's to good use, we are planning one more trip in February with the AP's, love all the new discounts!
Holy fries! Yup, that's quite the large order! I love corn dog nuggets but haven't had them at Disney for awhile. I'm also with you on the Dole Whips, it would suffice if I needed something to cool me off and if was the only option but otherwise, I'll go for something different.
Is that the view from your room? Pretty nice! We've stayed at BWV 4x but always on an upper floor. Lucked out once with a great BW view and then lucked out again (kind of) for a couple nights of our trip last year with a BW/Wishes/high Illuminations view. I don't care if I never see another clown in my life but the pool has never bothered me!
Thanks for joining in, I wish they would give you more corn dog nuggets and less fries. The BWV picture was from our balcony, we could see the SW fireworks if we crouched down on the deck chairs. I liked the pool area but I hear you about this terrible clown phase, it is really scary!
I'm in the minority, but I definitely do not like Dole Whips. :duck:
Granted, I've only had them at my home park, Disneyland. Maybe they taste different in Orlando? :confused3

Yum! All that's missing is a side of cheese to dip it in :goodvibes
Thanks for joining in, I really can take or leave a Dole Whip, but not my daughter!
You can keep that clown! :rotfl:

I love the little corn dogs. I miss dipping them in the plastic cheese, but they're still great!
I did see the CM's giving a side of the cheese to people that requested so ask for it next time for sure!
oooooooh yum so far! Sounds like an amazing trip! I can't wait to hear about the Yak & Yeti! That's on our short list for when we visit! We drool every time we walk by because it smells so amazing. But then I look at the menu and worry that we won't like anything on it so we keep walking.
Thanks for joining in, we love Yak and Yeti, it is coming up on day 2' I say give it a try the food is amazing, I really think you would like it

Day 1. Today was our travel day, we arrived in WDW around 1:30pm, we were staying at the BWV for the first time. We loved it so much, what a great location! We stayed in a studio on rented points, our view was the creepy clown pool, guess what I secretly loved the clown lol. Our room was clean, comfortable, and very quiet at night. We headed to MK, this is a tradition for Andi and I. We always go to MK and eat at Casey's our first day. It was late afternoon when we arrived, right after FoF parade, we saw it another day, love it!
Casey's was busy as usual, we did find a table outside. We decided to share a hot dog meal and corn dog nugget meal. Both were very tasty, the food was hot and fresh. I am not a big fan of the skinny fries but they did taste good except you get a ton of them. We then went and had dole whips, this was Donna's first time trying one, she is like me, she thought it was good but not oh my goodness good. Andi, on the other hand, loves them and eats 2-3 a trip.
We enjoyed our FP+ and park touring and found we were hungry again so we went to Pecos Bills, we shared the beef nachos and used the topping bar, these were very good. The CM was so nice and she reminded me of the AP discount at the QS location now so that was a plus, Andi had a Mickey pretzel instead. The girl can live on dole whips and Mickey Pretzels.View attachment 202058 View attachment 202059View attachment 202060View attachment 202061View attachment 202062

Excellent report. You say there is AP discount at the QS location now??? What QS locations???

Excellent report. You say there is AP discount at the QS location now??? What QS locations???

Oh Found it!!

A special 20% discount is available for Annual Passholders at the following Walt Disney World table and quick service restaurants through September 30, 2017

• Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree Barbecue
  • Animal Kingdom - Tiffins
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge - The Mara
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jiko
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge - Sanaa
  • Beach Club - Beach Club Marketplace
  • Beach Club - Cape May Cafe
  • Blizzard Beach - Lottawatta Lodge
  • Boardwalk - Boardwalk Bakery
  • Boardwalk - Boardwalk Pizza
  • Boardwalk - ESPN Sports Club
  • Boardwalk - Flying Fish
  • Contemporary - Contempo Cafe
  • Contemporary - The Wave
  • Disney Springs - Disney Food Trucks
  • Disney Springs - D-Luxe Burger
  • ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex - ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill
  • Epcot - Biergarten Restaurant
  • Epcot - Coral Reef Restaurant
  • Epcot - Electric Umbrella
  • Epcot - Garden Grill
  • Epcot - Liberty Inn
  • Epcot - Rose & Crown Dining Room
  • Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground - Trail's End Restaurant
  • Grand Floridian - Gasparilla Island Grill
  • Grand Floridian - Citricos
  • Grand Floridian - Grand Floridian Cafe
  • Grand Floridian - Narcoossee's
  • Hollywood Studios - ABC Commissary
  • Hollywood Studios - Backlot Express
  • Hollywood Studios - Hollywood & Vine
  • Hollywood Studios - Hollywood Brown Derby
  • Magic Kingdom - Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen
  • Magic Kingdom - Peco's Bills
  • Old Key West - Olivia's Cafe
  • Polynesian Village - Capt. Cook's
  • Polynesian Village - Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
  • Polynesian Village - Kona Cafe
  • Port Oleans Riverside - Boatwright's Dining Hall
  • Saratoga Springs - The Turf Club
  • Typhoon Lagoon - Leaning Palms
  • Wilderness Lodge - Artist Point
  • Wilderness Lodge - Roaring Fork
  • Wilderness Lodge - Whispering Canyon Cafe
  • Yacht Club - Gaptain's Grille

Glad you found the list of restaurants offering the 20% discount, merchandise is also 20% off and many other restaurants are 10% so if going it is good to take advantage if you have AP definitely! Glad you like the reviews so far, stay tuned for more, coming up soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter