A sore back, sore feet and we still overeat! Dining Review for 10/9-10/18. Update 11/04 Complete!

The beer braised beef with gouda mashed potatoes was my favorite thing at Food and Wine! So delicious :p

We slept in a little again today since we stayed out until midnight for the party, that is late for me LOL!
I'm with you! We are going to the Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland this coming Saturday and will be there until midnight as well. I'm already planning out how I'll be recovering the next morning :laughing:

My only complaint was there was a lot of green onions.
img_7313-jpg.202930
I absolutely LOVE green onions, but I have to agree that is too much for a mac n cheese dish.

We loved this meal, wish it would have been paced a little slower but the food was really good.
I've heard the same kind of feedback from several Dis posters. Many report feeling a bit rushed.

I want every single thing in this photo!

:love::faint:

We rented points in January and did a split, part of that being AKL-Jambo for the first time. It became my absolute favorite resort - until August when we had our first stay at WL! So now they're pretty much tied, WL with a bit of an edge b/c of the boat transportation. Renting points is the best; hope you enjoy Jambo in Feb :goodvibes

Now back to your report: I want to love Raglan Road so bad! We had a good lunch there a few years ago and then 2 not so great dinners. Maybe after we've tried more of the restaurants we haven't been to I can get DH to give it another try.........so many people love it, so I know it's us and not RR lol.

Have to try the sweet cream cheese pretzel next month. Must be worth it, as so many people are ecstatic that it's back!
Sorry you didn't have a good experience at RR, we really lucked out and loved everything we had that day. I am glad to hear you liked AKL, we are excited to stay there. The cream cheese pretzel is really good, it is sweet and tart at the same time I really love it.
The beer braised beef with gouda mashed potatoes was my favorite thing at Food and Wine! So delicious :p
I loved this as well, I was surprised how good the hummus fries were otherwise this one would have been my fave.
I'm with you! We are going to the Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland this coming Saturday and will be there until midnight as well. I'm already planning out how I'll be recovering the next morning :laughing:

I absolutely LOVE green onions, but I have to agree that is too much for a mac n cheese dish.

I've heard the same kind of feedback from several Dis posters. Many report feeling a bit rushed.

I want every single thing in this photo!

:love::faint:
Have fun at the Halloween party, I loved the WDW one! I really like green onions as well but I did think it was to much. Loved Ohana, I wasn't sure what to expect because of all the mixed reviews but the food was very good and I would go back again. I see from your ticker you will also be going to Harry Potter World, we spent two nights there and loved it!

Have fun at the Halloween party, I loved the WDW one!
Thank you! This is our 6th year in a row and we have enjoyed it each and every time. Just so much fun!

I see from your ticker you will also be going to Harry Potter World, we spent two nights there and loved it!
Yes! We have a couple of days there and I'm just so incredibly excited about it :hyper:

Day 5. Garden Grill Breakfast and Via Napoli for Dinner.

Today we headed back to Epcot for EMH, we were able to ride FEA first thing with only about a 15 minute wait, we also did TT and Nemo, all before 9:15. We had ADR at 9:25 so we headed over to the Land. We checked in at GG and had about a 15 minute wait. We were then seated in a booth on the lower level so this was cool, we were able to see Living with the Land scenes from our spot. Andi and I have had dinner here before and really liked it, we loved the character interaction. Our breakfast here was 50/50. The waitress unfortunately was not good, we only saw her two times the entire meal! She took our drink orders and I asked for cream with my coffee. She returned in about 10 minutes with our coffee, but no cream, oh well, I reminded her and she said oh boy I will be right back, well she did come back about 10 minutes later with all our food but no cream. The food was very hot and fresh, however it all came at the same time and the waitress never came back to refill our coffee or to check if we wanted more breakfast items. We would have loved more Mickey waffles, however when she did come back, we had been done with the food and characters for quite awhile so we didn't want anymore. The waitress did not even ask if we wanted anything more she just gave us the check.

The food was a cinnamon roll, bowl of fruit, eggs, ham, bacon, tater tots, and Mickey waffles. The cinnamon roll was good but you had to eat more of the center, the outside was firm with less flavor, the fruit was really fresh, scrambled eggs were really good, fluffy and flavorful. The ham was a little dry and tough. Bacon was really good for Disney bacon and the tater tots were so good, not mushy at all. Crispy outside, soft inside with just the right seasoning. Mickey waffles were so delicious, what was irritating is she gave us 5 waffles for 3 people, so we had to split one because there was not enough for us each to have two.
IMG_7404.JPG IMG_7405.JPG IMG_7406.JPG
The characters were really good, they spent more than a minute with us and came around a couple of times. This breakfast was a thumbs up for the food but a big thumbs down for the service. We did get 20% off the meal so this really helped since it is a pricey breakfast.
IMG_0789.JPG IMG_0792.JPG IMG_0793.JPG IMG_0794.JPG

We went spent the rest of the day between Epcot and DHS, we did FP+ at DHS since we were able to cover many attractions at Epcot. We had a 8:20pm Via Napoli ADR, I think we snacked in the room during the later afternoon and had Disney popcorn. We bought the refillable popcorn bucket and we were able to get refills for 1.50, pretty cheap for Disney. We went to Via Napoli a little early and we got right in. Our waitress was on the ball here, she was very friendly and checked on us just enough. The server who brought us the water was very good as well. Andi and I love this place, it is our 3rd time here.

We decided to share a large pepperoni pizza with mushrooms and the appetizer Arancini. We
love this appetizer, it is fried risotto balls with cheese and meat. Donna and I shared the beer flight, I'm sure you are all thinking don't overdo! lol. We had a seasonal fruity beer, a pale ale, and a darker one, all were pretty good, the middle pale one was my favorite. The food was really good, did not disappoint. I did notice the appetizer is now only 2 Arancini, use to be 3. These were slightly larger but still, decreasing a portion is not cool especially when the cost is the same! Our pizza was so tasty, I love the light thin tomato sauce on the pizza. Toppings were good. We were full and ready to head back to BWV. We had some beer in the room and watched the fireworks again. Two thumbs up for Via Napoli, service and food were very good. 10% discount here as well with AP.
IMG_7414.JPG IMG_7415.JPG IMG_7416.JPG

Glad to hear you enjoyed Via Napoli. We will be going for the first time in 2 weeks.

Love the picture with all 3 of you with Dale. How did you guys get pic with all 3 of you? It's going to be just 2 of us and hope we can find someone who can take pic of me and my son.

We did GG breakfast last Nov. and it was DS11's one request for our trip next month :) We had great food, sorry about your Mickey waffle shortage!
We also ate at VN last Nov. and enjoyed the Arancini but yes, we definitely got 3. The 2 on your plate look a little lonely lol. In the future if you're looking for delicious Arancini somewhere else on Disney property, Citricos has a delicious Arancini app and they DO (at least as of August) give you 3!

Sorry to hear about your lackluster service at Garden Grill. The character pics are really great! Love your Mickey & Minnie shirt!

The Via Napoli pizza looks incredible. Very much looking forward to our lunch ADR there in just a few weeks.

That sucks your GG service was so bad. At buffets and the family style dining places I find they usually don't care as much. Do they tack on 18% gratuity with the new AP discount? That's one thing I hate about TiW. We are usually 20% or more tippers, but when someone is really bad you have no way to "show" it financially.

Glad VN made up for the GG debacle though. Best Pizza Ever!

I was really thinking about trying the Garden Grill breakfast, but keep going back & forth about it since it isn't cheap, and it doesn't look like you get much. Especially since I can't eat gluten, and wouldn't get to enjoy the sticky bun. After reading about your poor service, I think I've made up my mind to forget about it for this trip. Enjoying your report!

Glad to hear you enjoyed Via Napoli. We will be going for the first time in 2 weeks.

Love the picture with all 3 of you with Dale. How did you guys get pic with all 3 of you? It's going to be just 2 of us and hope we can find someone who can take pic of me and my son.
Thanks for joining in. You will love Via Napoli, how exciting to be leaving shortly to the most magical place on earth! My daughter and I travel alone almost always and either a character handler, wait staff, or another table of people always offer to get us together in a picture, so no worries for getting some pics of you and your son together!

We did GG breakfast last Nov. and it was DS11's one request for our trip next month :) We had great food, sorry about your Mickey waffle shortage!
We also ate at VN last Nov. and enjoyed the Arancini but yes, we definitely got 3. The 2 on your plate look a little lonely lol. In the future if you're looking for delicious Arancini somewhere else on Disney property, Citricos has a delicious Arancini app and they DO (at least as of August) give you 3!
Love Mickey waffles! We could have flagged down another staff but our booth seemed to be the cut off area, so it was hard to get anyone's attention. The food was really good. Thanks for the recommendation on Citricos, we love the Arancini, around are neck of the woods, we really can't find it at our Italian places, so it is always a treat for us.

Sorry to hear about your lackluster service at Garden Grill. The character pics are really great! Love your Mickey & Minnie shirt!

The Via Napoli pizza looks incredible. Very much looking forward to our lunch ADR there in just a few weeks.
I'm jealous you will be at Via Napoli soon, enjoy! Thanks for the compliment on my shirt, I have quite the Disney attire now, have to keep up with my daughter lol. The characters were really great at GG to bad they weren't serving the food!

That sucks your GG service was so bad. At buffets and the family style dining places I find they usually don't care as much. Do they tack on 18% gratuity with the new AP discount? That's one thing I hate about TiW. We are usually 20% or more tippers, but when someone is really bad you have no way to "show" it financially.

Glad VN made up for the GG debacle though. Best Pizza Ever!
I agree about the service at the family style meals, we usually don't do family style but the one time we actually wanted more food, it would take an act of god to get someone's attention for a couple more waffles! They did not apply the gratuity before hand so that was good. Getting 20.00 off with the AP discount made up for the poor service a little. I'm with you on Via Napoli, yum, yum!

I was really thinking about trying the Garden Grill breakfast, but keep going back & forth about it since it isn't cheap, and it doesn't look like you get much. Especially since I can't eat gluten, and wouldn't get to enjoy the sticky bun. After reading about your poor service, I think I've made up my mind to forget about it for this trip. Enjoying your report!
The food was really good at GG and usually you can ask for more, suppose to be all you can eat but for us it was just to hard to get the attention of the waitress ugh! Thanks for joining in, happy to have a few readers. How exciting for you, having a trip coming up soon! Enjoy the parties, we loved the MNSSHP.

Day 6. BOG lunch and San Angel Inn for dinner.

Today, we headed to MK for EMH, it started at 0700 today ugh! We did not quite make RD but did get in early enough to enjoy some favorite attractions. We had coffee, yogurt, and some sweets in the room before heading out. We had an ADR for BOG lunch at 11:40. I have seen many mixed reviews on BOG, it either gets a lot of love or a lot of hate! Andi and I have loved it here, so much, we have been here at lunch 5 times, breakfast 1x, and dinner 1x. I went to check in about 10 minutes before ADR and the CM states I have to come back in 5 minutes, really! Oh well I come back in 5 minutes and we are checked in. The CM right away says to me you can't use your AP discount here. I knew this and had not even said anything about it, she most have seen my AP slider on my magic band. She said it rather harshly I thought so I don't know if people have been upset BOG isn't part of the promotion or what, but I thought it was a little off putting. I just smiled and said no problem.

We had preordered online so went right in, paid and found a place to sit. We went in the Rose Room this time because it was a hoppin today! Very busy. We did have to wait about 15 minutes for our food, which was unusual because we usually get our food very quickly. Our food came to us a bit of a mess, Andi's Croque Monsieur's bread was not even on the inner portion of the sandwich, it really looked bad and she was not to happy with the taste this time around. It either was knocked over and put back together or was made very hastily. Sad looking Croque
IMG_7434.JPG IMG_7436.JPG IMG_7435.JPG IMG_7437.JPG
Donna and I shared the Carved Turkey Sandwich, French onion soup, and the Strawberry Cream cheese cupcake and the Lemon meringue cupcake. Our food was very tasty, the fries could have been warmer, but overall happy with our choices. The soup was cheesy with a great onion flavor and I love the Turkey sandwich. I will have to say mixed reviews with BOG this time. The staff was unorganized and a little short this time. We will be back again in February for lunch so we will see if it redeems itself for Andi. The cupcakes were very good, however we love The Masters cupcake more so will go back to that next time. We spent the afternoon at MK using our FP+ and having a wonderful day.
IMG_0696.JPG IMG_0697.JPG IMG_0699.JPG IMG_0698.JPG
We went back to Boardwalk to relax before heading into the zoo called Epcot at FW season. Our Mexican dinner coming next...stay tuned.

Cont. from last post, dinner at San Angel Inn.
IMG_7492.JPG
Speaking of love or hate reviews this is another restaurant with that type of reputation. We love the inside of the Mexico Pavilion but have never eaten any where in Mexico, can you believe that! Comes from traveling with a picky teenager, I was able to convince Andi to eat here because her favorite cool Aunty Donna wanted to try it out. We had an ADR for 6:30pm with the goal to head to DHS for the EMH from 8-10pm. The World Showcase was really busy, wall to wall people. The Grand Fiesta ride had a queue that started by the restaurant. I never saw that before. We checked in and were actually seated right away. We weren't right next to the water but pretty close. We had the nicest waiter here, he spent time visiting with us and was shocked we actually live in Duluth, Minnesota. He had visited a few times when his son was working up there and could not believe how cold it gets. I know we are crazy, the older I get I wonder what the ?? Am I living here for. Winters can be brutal!

We decided to do three appetizers and order the house made guacamole. We split Quesadillas Rebozadas, Tacos de Vegetables, and Tostada De Tinga. We just had water to drink, most all our meals we drink water. We find it a good time to rehydrate as well as relax. The three appetizers were all good we enjoyed each of them and the house made guacamole was so fresh, flavorful, and a whole lot of awesomeness! It was served with fried corn fritter puffs, I think. We really enjoyed this sampling of flavors. Our food came out fast, which for us was good because we had plans later, some people may not like this if you want a leisurely dinner. Two thumbs up for us here, including food and great service. Our water glasses never even got 1/2 empty this a big plus to me! 10% AP here as well. We picked up a couple treats on our way out of Epcot at the French Bakery. We got the packaged Macaroons and The Framboise. We enjoyed snacking on both of these after our dinner. The pictures of the treats from France are from google. The tostadas are pictured first then the tacos and Quesadilla last.
IMG_7479.JPG IMG_7480.JPG IMG_7481.JPG IMG_7482.JPG IMG_7484.JPG
IMG_0675.JPG IMG_0676.JPG
It was a nightmare trying to get out of Epcot, it was so busy with FW going on. It was Friday so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. We headed over to DHS for EMH and were able to ride TSMM 2x and SW 2x. I do think in SW is when I hurt my back, we were in the back row and I was really bounced around!

IMG_0588.JPG
We had a great day and evening, Saturday will be our last full day at Disney. We will review Minnie's Holiday dining at Hollywood and Vine.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear BoG was a bit of a bust. We aren't huge fans, but do enjoy the lunch when we can grab a last minute ADR. Love that french onion soup. But how rude to say you couldn't use your AP when you hadn't even asked.

On the upside glad you all enjoyed San Angel. While we've never had good service there the food has never disappointed. Love the idea of having apps for dinner. I've only had the tostadas but they were delicious

We're like you with BOG although reversed-it's one of our favorites but we prefer dinner, so we've done breakfast and lunch 1x each, and will be having dinner there in a few weeks for the 7th time :goodvibes I'd like to give lunch another try but DH is VERY hard to persuade to go back somewhere once he hasn't enjoyed it :rolleyes: I love their french onion soup, an the potato leek as well!

Also like you, we'd never eaten in Mexico because of picky children - what can you do? Glad you finally talked Andi into trying San Angel and you all enjoyed it! DH and I did finally ate there in Aug. when we went without the boys. We just got entrees, no apps, and they were fine. We didn't think it was any better or worse than other Mexican restaurants we've been to but I'll tell you what was awesome, my Avocado Margarita. Oh, yeah! I'll be getting that on EVERY future trip for sure!

I also want to try those packaged macarons from Les Halles. We atcually bought them last year but before we could try any I accidentally knocked them off the counter in our room and they opened and spilled all over the floor :guilty: DH was quite unhappy because for some reason, he'd thought they were all for him?? He should know by now that no snacks we buy in Disney are ever just for him!

Thanks for sharing your dining experiences here! I have been enjoying reading your reviews. We are going to be at Disney for 2 weeks in December on the dining plan and your reviews have been really helpful. You are dining at some of the restaurants we have reservations at that we've never tried before like San Angel and Raglan Road. I'm also liking the quick service reviews like Peco's which we have never been to before but will be sure to try this time!

Looks like we will have to purchase the pack of macarons, as well. The framboise dessert looks incredible, too. Definitely stopping at the bakery!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!