9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

Now onto some sort of exchange for the non-crafty among us. :rolleyes:

lol I'm crafty but have very little luggage space as travelling solo and have to be able to maneuver through the airport so only bringing one case. Would be up for a postcard or recipe exchange though if anyone fancies that?

lol I'm crafty but have very little luggage space as travelling solo and have to be able to maneuver through the airport so only bringing one case. Would be up for a postcard or recipe exchange though if anyone fancies that?

NOW THAT IS AN EXTRAORDINARY IDEA! I collect postcards -- and if everyone brought postcards from something famous in their area, what a great collection one could have. It would be easy to pack and cost-effective and wouldn't require a lot of time. You have plenty of time to collect them through the next year.

I am onboard with this over making gifts. The last time I did that the stuff took half a suitcase and I can't do that again. Then we didn't have room to bring back all the stuff we were given because they gave us huge bulky stuff.

ANYONE ELSE WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS?

Oh! And we've just put down a deposit on a GTY for my in laws to join us. Our party will now be 8 people: 4 in our family and 2 sets of grandparents. :D

I WILL START A POSTCARD SECTION ON THE FIRST PAGE. Anyone interested in participating, please sign up. Also, that means that before we sail, I will need to make a list of everyone's room numbers so people will know where to drop them off. [If you don't want to do a fish extender, you can leave them on the fish like they do with ship messages].

Aanna -- I have added your family info.

I like the idea of the postcard exchange too, those are easy enough to pack. Last TA I did we also did something from our particular state - like maybe a candy or small packaged food item that was easy to pack. I had for instance little small jars of jelly/jams that were from a local orchard. Though we drove into Port Canaveral so it was easier to get onboard.

RedSox 68 - I see you have the Breakaway listed as a cruise in October -what date did you go? We just went on October 16 on the Breakaway.

I like the idea of the postcard exchange too, those are easy enough to pack. Last TA I did we also did something from our particular state - like maybe a candy or small packaged food item that was easy to pack. I had for instance little small jars of jelly/jams that were from a local orchard. Though we drove into Port Canaveral so it was easier to get onboard.

RedSox 68 - I see you have the Breakaway listed as a cruise in October -what date did you go? We just went on October 16 on the Breakaway.

Yeah, flying overseas I wouldn't want to pack to much bulk. We brought salt water taffy one year from Atlantic City for our room stewards, but that was leaving from PC.

I have added you to the postcard exchange list.

Yes, we sailed 10/2-10/9 -- right between the two hurricanes. I know the cruise after ours went to PC and Nassau -- which would have been a bummer. Did you go to Bermuda? Did you like it? Did you like the ship?

We did go to Bermuda, was pretty nice. This was our second time on the Breakaway, first was the TA sailing from Southampton to NY which was the ship's first sailing back in 2013. Overall I do like the ship, though its prices are a bit higher than if we just did something out of Florida.

We did go to Bermuda, was pretty nice. This was our second time on the Breakaway, first was the TA sailing from Southampton to NY which was the ship's first sailing back in 2013. Overall I do like the ship, though its prices are a bit higher than if we just did something out of Florida.

It wasn't as overwhelming in size and people as I anticipated. It's the biggest ship and most capacity we've ever sailed on. Getting on and off in port was easy. I just didn't like the layout of the center of the ship with the loud unending music/game shows/performances. It made it almost impossible to talk to guest services or the excursion desk, and we hated that O'Sheehan's didn't have walls to cut off the noise! The first night we ate there we couldn't even have a conversation. After that, we asked to sit way in the back around the corner which helped buffer the noise.

I WILL START A POSTCARD SECTION ON THE FIRST PAGE. Anyone interested in participating, please sign up. Also, that means that before we sail, I will need to make a list of everyone's room numbers so people will know where to drop them off. [If you don't want to do a fish extender, you can leave them on the fish like they do with ship messages].

Aanna -- I have added your family info.

We would like to join the postcard exchange:) Our state room is 7092.

Thanks!

WOHOW! Postcard exchange is off and running! I'm so excited. I collect postcards so for me this just adds to my collection! Hopefully we can get a nice exchange going. So glad I mentioned it now as I thought it was just me who liked postcards lol My family think I'm mad still collecting them but I love them.

WOHOW! Postcard exchange is off and running! I'm so excited. I collect postcards so for me this just adds to my collection! Hopefully we can get a nice exchange going. So glad I mentioned it now as I thought it was just me who liked postcards lol My family think I'm mad still collecting them but I love them.

We have photo storage boxes full of postcards -- going back to when my DH and I travelled with our parents in the 50's. And then we have their postcards from the first half of the century from their travels and family members. My friends are always bringing me postcards from their trips. Even if I haven't been there, I love to see the postcards. And they have come such a long way in design and coloring. Some airlines give out postcards and some airports have postcards.

Page one updated.

Hi Fellow WBTA Cruisers! We are just off of the Magic today and wanted to share some possible changes on the ship.

Boarding: No asking for a family name. After we scanned our Key to the World cards, the crew staff looked at the screen and announced families by last name or by first names (husband and I have different last names).

Dining Rooms: Parties were seated at their own tables. We only requested a specific server and were surprised when we were led to a 4-top and two settings were removed. We looked around and saw families eating alone. I asked about this and was told that so many families were asking to have their own tables that they reconfigured seating. It did get us out of the dining rooms faster so this could also be a motivating factor.

Adult Entertainment: Overall weak and am hoping this is not a tone-setter for future cruises. The last night after the act in Fathoms they didn't even try to keep anyone in the club.

Hi Fellow WBTA Cruisers! We are just off of the Magic today and wanted to share some possible changes on the ship.

Boarding: No asking for a family name. After we scanned our Key to the World cards, the crew staff looked at the screen and announced families by last name or by first names (husband and I have different last names).

Dining Rooms: Parties were seated at their own tables. We only requested a specific server and were surprised when we were led to a 4-top and two settings were removed. We looked around and saw families eating alone. I asked about this and was told that so many families were asking to have their own tables that they reconfigured seating. It did get us out of the dining rooms faster so this could also be a motivating factor.

Adult Entertainment: Overall weak and am hoping this is not a tone-setter for future cruises. The last night after the act in Fathoms they didn't even try to keep anyone in the club.

FINALLY! I am so glad that Disney is getting it and what families want. It shouldn't be so hard to want to sit alone. All the other cruise lines we have sailed have always accommodated us for a table for 2 or 3 alone. Thanks for posting!

That's disappointing about the adult entertainment -- I know they have had some great acts in the past. Maybe it was a dry period. Hope the sailing next year has some good stuff for 11 nights!

Last edited:
Oh good info! Thanks for that. I guess DCL are trying this out as haven't heard about this on the other ships yet. Will be interesting to see if it continues.

Hi James and Brenda Cordova will be on this sailing. We would like to join the post card exchange stateroom 6650

Hi, James and Brenda, and welcome to our fun group. I will add you to the first page for both stateroom and postcard sections. Happy planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter