9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

Well its been a very busy few weeks here so had no time to post. Cruise is now paid off, flights booked and hotels sorted too. Now its just a waiting game til September! Are we there yet?

We were on the 2005 Repo as well what a small world

We were on the 2007 sailing, so next year will be our "10 year anniversary" for our first transatlantic and our revisit to Barcelona.

I will add your daughter to page one.

Flights booked! Hotel in Barcelona reserved! Cruise paid for! Will be taking Barcelona Day Tours from the airport to Monserrat when we arrive, and spending another day on our own sightseeing in Barcelona. This leaves one free day. Has anyone flown anywhere on Vueling? Thinking maybe a day trip to Disneyland Paris or Rome. Would love any suggestions!

Would like to be added to the post card exchange. Side note, we're pretty set on our excursion for Ponta Delgada....anyone have good suggestion on St John's? That seems to be the only port we don't have a plethora of good options for.

We're on the fence about what to do in Cadiz and narrowed down our options for Lisbon and Barcelona. Can't wait for this trip.

TRAVEL INFORMATION AND TIPS:

Postcard Exchange
A different idea on the fish extender gifts -- collect postcards from your local area.....scenery, historical, whatever you want to represent your state/country/town....and we will have a stateroom exchange of postcards. Easier to pack, less weight, nothing to make and some great souvenirs from our group. [Thanks to gismo1554] Please note, a stateroom list will be made and posted in this thread 30-days before the cruise for those participating.

Aanna
dencord7
Frances Carter
gismo 1554
mom2tcdx2
RedSox68

Had to cancel this cruise - just can't get into the early sitting and we have a 4 year old.

Going to do a NYC based Disney cruise in October instead.

Enjoy everyone - looks like a really nice cruise : )

Had to cancel this cruise - just can't get into the early sitting and we have a 4 year old.

Dang. We would have gladly traded our late dinning for your early if it would have saved your trip : (

I would like to join the post card exchange please. Rachael, hotfiregal, room#6069. Thank you

I WILL START A POSTCARD SECTION ON THE FIRST PAGE. Anyone interested in participating, please sign up. Also, that means that before we sail, I will need to make a list of everyone's room numbers so people will know where to drop them off. [If you don't want to do a fish extender, you can leave them on the fish like they do with ship messages].

Aanna -- I have added your family info.
I couldn't add myself to the postcard list, but would like to join. Rachael-hotfiregal #6069

That is a real shame -- this far out you had a good chance of getting into early seating. Sorry you won't be joining us.

For those you mentioned joining the postcard list, I will add you to page one. You cannot add yourself -- only the person who started the thread can edit it.

If you need me to add any other iformation to page one, please feel free to let me know. And HAPPY 2017 ALL ~ IT'S OUR VACATION YEAR!

Flights booked! Hotel in Barcelona reserved! Cruise paid for! Will be taking Barcelona Day Tours from the airport to Monserrat when we arrive, and spending another day on our own sightseeing in Barcelona. This leaves one free day. Has anyone flown anywhere on Vueling? Thinking maybe a day trip to Disneyland Paris or Rome. Would love any suggestions!

You will LOVE Monserrat!

Would like to be added to the post card exchange. Side note, we're pretty set on our excursion for Ponta Delgada....anyone have good suggestion on St John's? That seems to be the only port we don't have a plethora of good options for.

We're on the fence about what to do in Cadiz and narrowed down our options for Lisbon and Barcelona. Can't wait for this trip.

What excursion are you doing in Ponta Delgada? We are going to book a car in St. John's and explore it ourselves.

What excursion are you doing in Ponta Delgada? We are going to book a car in St. John's and explore it ourselves.

Thanks for the post card addition.

For Ponta Delgada we're going to do horseback riding. The photos from the rides are unreal. This is the place we're booking through http://www.quintadaterca.com/media/index.html

I think for St. Johns we're probably going to do the zip line, but won't decide on that for a while. https://www.zipthenorthatlantic.com/index.html

I'm hoping that with the new year more people will make themselves known for this voyage. I know there must be more than we have listed so far.

I need to start thinking about excursions now!

So far I have sorted:
  • Bus to the airport (paid)
  • Flight from LHR to BCN (paid)
  • Hotel in Barcelona (not paid but booked)
  • Transfer to cruise (not paid but booked)
  • Cruise (paid in full)
  • Hotel in New York (and doing transfer through hotel I think) (paid for hotel)
  • Flight from JFK to LHR (paid)
  • Bus home from airport (paid)
I think in New York as only there 1 night I'm going to do the hop on hop on bus. I have ruled out a show now as think that the price of tickets for Aladdin is excessive for a show I'm not that bothered about seeing.

In the first two ports I'm doing the hoho buses pretty sure and then I just need to work out Ponta Delgada and St John.

I would love to be able to see some excursions that Disney is offering for our sailing, but I can't find where it will show them. I see what I thought were just more generic options, but an inability to actually reserve anything for our sailing. Too our sailing just isn't on the Disney site anymore - does everyone think this sailing is sold out? I have our hotel booked in Barcelona and our flight to Barcelona is booked. I just now need to get the transportation from NY to VA done when we come back.

I have to say not being able to reserve early seating ahead of time wouldn't have been a reason to cancel. They probably could easily change that later, and there are many who probably have first seating that haven't bothered to change their reservation to second seating. Personally we only do the 2nd seating, and most often cruises give us first seating and I eventually get around to changing it. I do see my reservation for this sailing has the 2nd listed. I even requested a particular server, which I hope works out. Though I am also going to message her on facebook and see if she can help make sure we get assigned to her.

Are we doing a FE - I didn't overly see one listed anywhere.

Any idea why this cruise isn't showing up on the DCL website? I wanted to price it out before contacting our travel agent and it hasn't been there for (at least) the past couple days. It isn't sold out, is it?

Hi, I'm booked on this sailing as a solo! I don't think I mentioned that yet. :)

I would love to be able to see some excursions that Disney is offering for our sailing, but I can't find where it will show them. I see what I thought were just more generic options, but an inability to actually reserve anything for our sailing. Too our sailing just isn't on the Disney site anymore - does everyone think this sailing is sold out? I have our hotel booked in Barcelona and our flight to Barcelona is booked. I just now need to get the transportation from NY to VA done when we come back.

You won't be able to reserve excursions until paid in full and your booking window opens up based on your Castaway Club level. I think the port adventures that currently appear for the ponta delgada are pretty much what will be offered, as those were the ones available to us last year.

Any idea why this cruise isn't showing up on the DCL website? I wanted to price it out before contacting our travel agent and it hasn't been there for (at least) the past couple days. It isn't sold out, is it?

I think it is actually currently sold out. But availability does fluctuate as people change their minds, so keep checking! You may want to let your travel agent know to watch for your desired category to open up and let them do the legwork. They can then hold the cabin for you before you commit with deposit.

Hi, I'm booked on this sailing as a solo! I don't think I mentioned that yet. :)

Did you used to be on RADP with the same handle? I think I met you at the 1999 RADP meet if so. In any case, I'm also on this cruise as a solo and it's always nice to see others who are too. *waves hi* :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter