9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

Well drat. We may have to change off of this cruise. I guess that is what happens when you book the honeymoon before you book the venue hall haha. Hoping we can make it work but we are also now considering the Canada cruise from NYC in October.

I hope the WBTA works out for you. I saw that DCL is now having Marvel-themed cruises out of NY next year; my brain had to start plotting.

Oh, lol, not quite sure why my brain translated "Canada" to "Alaska." East coast Canada in October would be more "brisk cuddling weather." :D

We sailed on HAL on a 10-day Canada/New England cruise from Quebec to NYC -- just beautiful!

ok.
yes, I would try calling. I have done that in the past and found rooms through them that did not appear online.

All booked.

deck 2. Ocean view.

2 adults and 2 kids,5 and 8.

Booked hotel in NY - Radisson, but may change.

Booked holiday Inn express in Barcelona.

Just need flights now!

ok.
yes, I would try calling. I have done that in the past and found rooms through them that did not appear online.

All booked.

deck 2. Ocean view.

Just need flights now!

No, as I said we are not near any toilet stations. They are in the rear of the plane and then all the way forward in the upper class. But that's what it shows on seatguru. So now ya have me nervous, so I'm going to live chat with Norwegian to make sure.

Sorry didn't mean to make you nervous and clearly didn't read that bit lol! Proves I skim read! Looking at the plan though I think you will be alright. Depending on where they load from it might be a bit chilly during boarding but after that it should be fine.

Well drat. We may have to change off of this cruise. I guess that is what happens when you book the honeymoon before you book the venue hall haha. Hoping we can make it work but we are also now considering the Canada cruise from NYC in October.

Oh no! Well hopefully you can swap to a nice cruise!

It does excite me these just a shame we don't get it as the fireworks could be fab!

ok.

All booked.

deck 2. Ocean view.

Just need flights now!

WOHOW! Welcome

ok.

All booked.

deck 2. Ocean view.

Just need flights now!

Welcome. You have been added to page one.

Well, I am very impressed with Barcelona Day Tours. Their spot on timing for answering an email is amazing -- and they are so patient about questions and information.

I booked them for pick up from the airport; and also for a day tour (8-9 hours) with a private driver to Girona and Costa Brava. So we will have two full days in Barcelona, plus a half day when we arrive (for which I am going to get La Sagrada tickets for that afternoon) and then the full-day out of Barcelona tour. The prices were cheaper than excursion prices on the ship and we will have our own private tour with an English speaking driver. They do provide one with a driver and guide, but that was almost double the price and we don't need a guide!

Well, I am very impressed with Barcelona Day Tours. Their spot on timing for answering an email is amazing -- and they are so patient about questions and information.

I booked them for pick up from the airport; and also for a day tour (8-9 hours) with a private driver to Girona and Costa Brava. So we will have two full days in Barcelona, plus a half day when we arrive (for which I am going to get La Sagrada tickets for that afternoon) and then the full-day out of Barcelona tour. The prices were cheaper than excursion prices on the ship and we will have our own private tour with an English speaking driver. They do provide one with a driver and guide, but that was almost double the price and we don't need a guide!

Sounds great! Are you also using them to transport you to the port, or can you only use them for that if you tour with them on embarkation day?

Sounds great! Are you also using them to transport you to the port, or can you only use them for that if you tour with them on embarkation day?

DOH -- I forgot about that end LOL. Guess I better send another email.

DOH -- I forgot about that end LOL. Guess I better send another email.
I'd be interested to know how the pricing is working out for those transfers: still debating on how to get the six of us to the hotel and then to the port. I was just figuring on taxis, but if the transfer prices are competitive, that would be interesting.

I'd be interested to know how the pricing is working out for those transfers: still debating on how to get the six of us to the hotel and then to the port. I was just figuring on taxis, but if the transfer prices are competitive, that would be interesting.

This is the response I got for the airport transfer to hotel:

We do provide private transfers from the airport to hotel and the cost is 69 Euros per transfer (not per person). As for luggage, please note that we usually prepare for 1 large suitcase + 1 carryon bag per person unless you notify us in advance.

That's a lot cheaper than what Disney charges. I'm waiting for a response about hotel to airport.

Taxis you are likely to need 2 for that number of people so its likely to be more expensive than transfers. A few people I know used Sun Transfers and they were really good by all accounts.

Booked my flight to Barcelona using miles- it's ON! :banana:

WOHOW! I'm on count down to Friday to book my return flight then I'm all sorted!

Airline tickets to Barcelona purchased! We'll fly Norwegian from the West coast to Barcelona, then use Southwest points to fly home from NYC. We've never flown on Norwegian Airlines before, but online reviews are pretty good. The departing airport is not our home airport, but I've swiped an idea from elsewhere on DisBoards. We'll rent a car locally to drive to the departing airport at a lower cost than taking a shuttle.

So, let the planning fun begin! We've never previously been to Spain and are really looking forward to Barcelona, as well as a day trip to the Dali Museum. A new Dali museum, Dali17, opened this year in Monterey, CA. I'll be attending a conference in Monterey in two weeks and intend to check it out. Does anyone have documentaries or books they recommend to enhance the experience of a first time visitor to Barcelona?

Thanks so much for the warnings against using DCL for hotels and transfers. With just under a year to go, I've got plenty of time to figure it out.

Now onto some sort of exchange for the non-crafty among us. :rolleyes:

Don't book Disney -- their prices are ridiculous.

Don't book through DCL if you can help it. We did it for the Med cruise and saw nothing of Barcelona except from the bus ride from the hotel to the port.

I booked our flights last night on TAP Portugal, nice of someone to post about them. I ended up booking out of JFK for $265 each, which I am pretty happy with that price. Last TA we paid $425 each for our tickets. We will do a flight from Dulles or Reagan to JFK and then will have our return trip home. Right now Reagan is cheaper, if I can get my mother or someone to keep my car so we don't have to leave it at the airport.

If it is wanted we are booked in a balcony on deck 7 (we actually booked the same cabin we had on our first TA). Hoping we do a FE group, though I have a super hard time with coming up with something to make or bring, I am not a crafty or creative person by any means. Though I thought they were a lot of fun when we did them before.

Love the listing of possible hotels too. We will have a couple days in Barcelona before hand with the date of the flight we booked.

Airline tickets to Barcelona purchased! We'll fly Norwegian from the West coast to Barcelona, then use Southwest points to fly home from NYC. We've never flown on Norwegian Airlines before, but online reviews are pretty good. The departing airport is not our home airport, but I've swiped an idea from elsewhere on DisBoards. We'll rent a car locally to drive to the departing airport at a lower cost than taking a shuttle.

So, let the planning fun begin! We've never previously been to Spain and are really looking forward to Barcelona, as well as a day trip to the Dali Museum. A new Dali museum, Dali17, opened this year in Monterey, CA. I'll be attending a conference in Monterey in two weeks and intend to check it out. Does anyone have documentaries or books they recommend to enhance the experience of a first time visitor to Barcelona?

Thanks so much for the warnings against using DCL for hotels and transfers. With just under a year to go, I've got plenty of time to figure it out.

Now onto some sort of exchange for the non-crafty among us. :rolleyes:

Yes, same here -- we are flying out of Newark which is about 90 minutes from us. We've done it before and just rent a one-way rental from Hertz -- who has a great drop off area there. A lot cheaper and more convenient than trains or shuttles.

We bought the following books this year and they are full of the information we were looking for:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1631213113/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1465440844/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We used this in 2007 and have bought these for every city we have visited: https://www.amazon.com/Inside-Barce...78005677&sr=1-2&keywords=inside+out+barcelona

There is a 2014 edition now: https://www.amazon.com/Barcelona-Travel-Guide-InsideOut/dp/1845879724/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter