• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

86'd From the Poly? No worries-bring us Margarita's & Wiener Salad! A TFW Meet Aug 08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay Jenny found the right TR :yay:

Also if anyone reading wants to come "chat" with us over on TFWer follow the green link in my siggie, all welcome :goodvibes

So what is the exact date for our meet have we decided?
THAT is a very good question!
I thought we had decided on the 23rd, the Saturday. Can someone else confirm:confused3 :banana:
I know we've been throwing the 23rd around, but I don't think we ever settled on it. :confused3 Since my plans pretty much revolve around everyone else's plans, what works best for everyone?

And, WHERE'S MO?????

Everyone go read Jenny's TR it's great the links in her siggie :thumbsup2 Is that OK ;) :rotfl2:

So T are you going to post everyones dates in the first post????

I've just been looking at Discovery Cove but it's about $1000 :faint: Is it worth it???

That's alot of $$ Jo, please tell me that would be for all of you and not per person:eek:

I don't know much about Discovery Cove. Is that the thing at Sea World where you can swim with the Dolphins? Maybe you can find something out about it on the Sea World/Universal Board.

Yeah $1000 is for all of us including the dolphin swim all meals and drinks and passes to Sea World, I've been reading about it on here and everyone raves about it but I can't get over how much it is!!!!! My Dad even said he'd pay as our Christmas and Birthday presents but I still think it's too much :confused:

I'm SO In! I'm going with purple in the hopes of getting DH to agree to a long weekend in August for a quick trip...and mention the meet after he agrees and we book!
Yay Kat! :yay: I hope you can work your magic on KC!

Hey guys! Well I am here to follow along with all of your crazy plans even though I am not going (unless somehow I get a boatload of extra money). You all are going to have such a fun time judging from Lapupalooza.
You never know, Lessa. :hug:
Yeah T about that last photo you posted
What? :rolleyes1

So how did I end up going back again? When I left the girls at MK that last morning we swore to meet again, 2009 was the date set due to the ridiculous cost for us to go, well about 2 weeks after returning home I was pricing up cheapie holidays and my DH (who originally thought he'd hate WDW!) said just go book WDW
:cool1: I think your new American friends really sealed the deal for an earlier Disney trip! :lmao:

I couldn't believe it, he gave me a budget (which I'm below, yes girls really )
Hey, me too! By $15, I think! :lmao:

Yes, I've been hard at work on my DH, too... just slowly and carefully ... if the girls & I go in August, that would be trip #3 for us. Sounds GREAT to me, but not to the checking account! He knows that it would give Brenna a chance to meet Jess & Ellie (Jo's daughters) IRL so that helps!!!

:wave2: Hi Michelle!
Wow, ladies - we're really going to have work over those hubbies of ours arent' we?? :rotfl2:

[COLOR="Magenta]They had a fabulous time, even though pinapples are now [B][U]an endangered species[/U][/B][/color][/quote]
:rotfl2:

[quote="jcc0621, post: 22122565"][COLOR="Magenta]
Our dates are August 19th - 29th and like Tracy, I do have our days planned out and our ADR choices ready to go for the 180 mark. I will give out all that info in my next post. I am at work so I guess I should go do something that they are paying me for [/color][/quote]
[COLOR="blue"]Oh I'm hoping we have P&PP days the same! [/COLOR]:goodvibes

Hi there, I'm V Funny - the way Tracy paints this picture, you'd think it was all my and Lauralee's fault we wound up drinking every last pineapple at the Poly last year.
It wasn't?? :confused: :rolleyes1

I have - T & LL cover your eyes - NO PLANS yet for this trip. (Could someone please hand T the smelling salts?)

It's like a bad car accident.... I couldn't help but look and now .... THE PAIN!!! THE PAIN!!!! :scared:

Swimming at the SSR pool
Getting another day in on our water parks APs
Swimming at the Poly pool
Swimming at Stormalong Bay
Getting another day in on our water parks APs
Mai Tai suggest a water park meet on 8/22??? :teeth:

Listen - I live down here in FL. And. It's bloody HOT in August. That's the time of year any sane Floridian gets the heck out of FL. It's a pretty big step even getting me to WDW in Aug., let alone doing any park touring.
V!!! You're scaring the people! It's not THAT hot. :rolleyes1

But to meet up again with my awesome DIS friends, and to meet some more in person... I'm willing to brave the heat.
Ahhhh... your such a good buddy! :cloud9:

Of course, it's not the heat that kills ya - it's the humidity.
D'oh! :headache:
Oh good no one else chose BLACK!
:lmao:
I want to be rainbow!! :rotfl2: ;)
Figures! :rolleyes:
:lmao:
Wow all of you in one PTR. I'll stay tuned for what I'm sure will be a wild ride!
pirate: You bettah believe it!
OMG This is so much fun so far So what is the exact date for our meet have we decided?

I thought we had decided on the 23rd, the Saturday. Can someone else confirm:confused3 :banana:
I know we've been throwing the 23rd around, but I don't think we ever settled on it. Since my plans pretty much revolve around everyone else's plans, what works best for everyone?[/color]

Here's my take.... I thought for those interested we could do a Water Park meet on Friday AM and then have the Official DIS Meet on (8/23) Saturday evening somewhere in WS - perhaps the Cantina or Tequila bar? And then I did toss out the idea of a group meal at Biergarten for anyone interested on Sat as well. And, WHERE'S MO?????

Hey Jenny - I've been playing catch-up on your TR for a couple days - I'm getting there! :thumbsup2

Disneyland_Mama;22127664 [COLOR="Blue" said:
Here's my take.... I thought for those interested we could do a Water Park meet on Friday AM and then have the Official DIS Meet on (8/23) Saturday evening somewhere in WS - perhaps the Cantina or Tequila bar? And then I did toss out the idea of a group meal at Biergarten for anyone interested on Sat as well. [/COLOR]

:thumbsup2 to all of the above!

I'll give you what :headache: :rotfl2:

Oh I'm hoping we have P&PP days the same! :goodvibes
Did I tell you we're not doing P&PP this year!!!!!!

Here's my take.... I thought for those interested we could do a Water Park meet on Friday AM and then have the Official DIS Meet on (8/23) Saturday evening somewhere in WS - perhaps the Cantina or Tequila bar? And then I did toss out the idea of a group meal at Biergarten for anyone interested on Sat as well.
I'd better start the diet for our WP day oh and I hope you've all read up on my BB TP :rotfl2:

And, WHERE'S MO?????
She did post T and said she was coming back, more to the point WTH is LL!!!

Are you sure you weren't a thread pimp in a former life? :cool1: :lmao:
Maybe :rotfl2:

Hey Jenny - I've been playing catch-up on your TR for a couple days - I'm getting there! :thumbsup2
She's just getting to the good bit, well when she eventually tells us :rolleyes1 LY Jenny :hug:

Ok, I'm here, aka puggymom, I will be 42 by the time this Meet of all Meets happens. I love Disney (of course, why else am I here with all you other OCD planners). I have had a spreadsheet started for a few months now. Oh, come on like none of you plan over a year in advance:rolleyes1

On this trip I am bringing along my goddaughter,Kelly who will be 8 years old when we arrive on August 21st. This will be her first trip to the World (she started asking me over a year ago when will I be taking her). She has no idea that she is going yet, I will tell her on her b-day in June.

As already stated we arrive on Thursday 8/21 for 8 nights. The first 3 nights we are splurging at the GF and staying at the Royal Palm Club inthe main building:cool1: followed by 5 nights in a 1 bedroom at BCV (though currently booked at BWV, I will call at the 7 month mark to switch).

OK that's it for now I will post more details shortly....

I'm CE. I may or may not be partaking in the weiner salad and margaritas, but DH has given me the approval and, indeed, the encouragement, to "research" a meet trip. Even if I don't get to go, I certainly want to follow along with the adventures. :grouphug:

Im here, Im here!!!
I wouldnt miss this for anything. THIS is going to be fun.
It will be even more fun if I could talk P into another trip(this would be #3 for next year) and I could attend too.
Let me get working on him:rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

I hope you can both make it!!!
Woooohooo!!! I'm here!! :yay: I'm gonna go with Orange

Are you in? I thought I read somewhere you were a Yes?!?!?!?
Yes, I've been hard at work on my DH, too... just slowly and carefully ;) ... if the girls & I go in August, that would be trip #3 for us. Sounds GREAT to me, but not to the checking account! :sad2: He knows that it would give Brenna a chance to meet Jess & Ellie (Jo's daughters) IRL so that helps!!!

I'm sure that this DISmeet is going to put all others to shame! :dance3: I'm looking forward to being a part of it! :goodvibes

OH, Michelle, you have to come!

Swimming at Stormalong Bay

Are you staying at BC!!!!!

But to meet up again with my awesome DIS friends, and to meet some more in person... I'm willing to brave the heat. :grouphug:

Love you too V:goodvibes

I want to be rainbow!! :rotfl2: ;)

:rolleyes1
So T are you going to post everyones dates in the first post????

Great idea!

I've just been looking at Discovery Cove but it's about $1000 :faint: Is it worth it???
OMG, I did this is in 2004 with my oldest niece and nephew. To me, it was worth every penny, I may do it again one day even though I said it was a once in a lifetime thing, but well as we all know plans change;) I will try to post pics for you later.

Yes! It was amazing. :thumbsup2 My family went in September and had a wonderful time. Everything is included but any photos, except the one when you enter, you have taken and souvenirs. It is definitely an all day experience so get there early and enjoy.

hey Jo, I just went and got these pic uploaded for you to see...

Enjoy!

My niece Lauren with Roxy the dolphin
47b7cc30b3127cceb1ea9751e22700000026108AaNGbZw4bti

nephew, Ryan with Roxy
47b7cc30b3127cceb1ea9758631e00000026108AaNGbZw4bti

me and bad hair
47b7cc30b3127cceb1ea974c630a00000026108AaNGbZw4bti

me getting pulled through the water
47b7cc30b3127cceb1ea9734637200000026108AaNGbZw4bti

Ryan playing with Roxy
47b7cc30b3127cceb1ea97f7e28100000026108AaNGbZw4bti

continued in next post

Yay Kat! :yay: I hope you can work your magic on KC!

Ditto:goodvibes

Hey, me too! By $15, I think! :lmao:

:rotfl2:

Oh I'm hoping we have P&PP days the same! :goodvibes

If they have it I have it on my schedule the same day as you.

Here's my take.... I thought for those interested we could do a Water Park meet on Friday AM and then have the Official DIS Meet on (8/23) Saturday evening somewhere in WS - perhaps the Cantina or Tequila bar? And then I did toss out the idea of a group meal at Biergarten for anyone interested on Sat as well. And, WHERE'S MO?????
[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, a water park. I have Friday & Saturday as free/relax days. Really should put those swimming lessons Jimmy is getting to good use. Oh Daaaaaad, how much of a discount do you get at a water park:rolleyes1 Otherwise I am pretty flexible on what eveyone wants to do.

Ok, I'm here, aka puggymom, I will be 42 by the time this Meet of all Meets happens. I love Disney (of course, why else am I here with all you other OCD planners). I have had a spreadsheet started for a few months now. Oh, come on like none of you plan over a year in advance:rolleyes1

On this trip I am bringing along my goddaughter,Kelly who will be 8 years old when we arrive on August 21st. This will be her first trip to the World (she started asking me over a year ago when will I be taking her). She has no idea that she is going yet, I will tell her on her b-day in June.

As already stated we arrive on Thursday 8/21 for 8 nights. The first 3 nights we are splurging at the GF and staying at the Royal Palm Club inthe main building:cool1: followed by 5 nights in a 1 bedroom at BCV (though currently booked at BWV, I will call at the 7 month mark to switch).

OK that's it for now I will post more details shortly....

Yay! Mo is here:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter