86'd From the Poly? No worries-bring us Margarita's & Wiener Salad! A TFW Meet Aug 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneyland_Mama

<marquee><font color=peach>His head instantly infl
Let's see how does one start an open forum PTR? :confused3 I guess I'll have to take you back - back to the beginning, Puumba. ;)

It all started on the Trip Report Boards - ironic no? And I think it may have started on either PrincessV's or was it Lauralee131's trip report? Anywho, basically V and LL had a DIS meet last December, hitting it off and becoming life long friends. Somehow or another talk of a girls weekend came up and actually became a huge meet in August '07, fondly referred to as Lapupalooza. You've heard of it, yes? Anyway, the DISers involved last year were myself, DisneyJo, Lauralee131, Sorul82? & PrincessV and all our adorable kiddos and neck craning, hand flailing, golf ball losing hubbies. Oh and don't forget, Waldo! NOTE: Waldo will not be attending the '08 festivities. ETA- as of 1/11/08 Waldo WILL be joining the festivities

Well, we're doing it again next August. :woohoo: Bigger and Better this time baby! We've added more DIS friends and family and we're ready to party!! :cool1:

After our Pineapple wipeout at the Kona last year, we decided we're too proud to return there and are now ready to storm World Showcase. Bring on the Margarita's and the Wiener Salad, my friends!! :banana:

This PTR is a group effort with all the parties contributing - everyone pick a color and start posting!! I'll be BLUE!

Here's some of my favorite pics from Aug. '07 fest:
Tracyswdwpics106-2.jpg

Tracyswdwpics111.jpg

Tracyswdwpics104.jpg

Tracyswdwpics103.jpg

Tracyswdwpics094.jpg

So sit back and enjoy the ride for the next 8+ months!! :cheer2:

AUGUST DATES: **note: dates subject to change a minimum of 4 times, TFI ;)**

Tracy (Disneyland_Mama): 8/20-8/29 SSR
Jo (DisneyJo): 8/14-8/28 POR
Janet (jcc0621): 8/19-8/29 POP
Mo (puggymom): 8/21-8/29 GF & BCV
CE (cmp1111): 8/20-8/25 AKL
V (PrincessV): 8/21-8/24 SSR
LL (Lauralee131): 8/21-8/24 SSR
Kate (Sharkb8hoohaha): 8/17-8/29 SOG
Kat (KatGarcia): 8/21-8/25 POR
Z (LurrrvtheDuck): 8/21-8/25 POR
S'late (Sorul82?): 8/23-8/27 AsMo
Lessa (Lifelongdreamer): 8/19-8/25 POP
Heidi (Blue River): 8/21-8/31
Leyla (Pierresgirl): 8/18-8/21 AKL
Tanya (Tanya90210): 8/24-9/7 POP
Margie (dreamn_Disney) 8/24-8/30 WL?
Mel (Muffinygood) 8/23-8/26 POP

I'll pick this lovely forest green.

Hi, T! Thanks for starting the thread...:goodvibes

I'm CE. I may or may not be partaking in the weiner salad and margaritas, but DH has given me the approval and, indeed, the encouragement, to "research" a meet trip. Even if I don't get to go, I certainly want to follow along with the adventures. :grouphug:

Im here, Im here!!!
I wouldnt miss this for anything. THIS is going to be fun.
It will be even more fun if I could talk P into another trip(this would be #3 for next year) and I could attend too.
Let me get working on him:rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Welcome friends!!! CE & T I sure hope you guys get your men folk to agree to an August vacay! That would be mayjah!!!!

Z- I believe your in, no? :rolleyes1

My turn: (again)
So I'm sitting here with hair color on my head - yup I have to color my own hair this month - my girl is out from mayjah surgery (Hehe good thing I was a hair stylist in my earlier days! ;) ) anyway- I thinking how in the heckles am I going to finance another trip to WDW? :scratchin: Then I have to giggle a little because I know I'll just magically make it happen. Most of you know I'm really good at "finding" extra money, so that said, I don't think I'll have a problem. I'm so confident, I even renewed my subscription with Lover boy TGM a few weeks ago.
Now I'm going to share with you all a secret........ I have all my days planned. I know, it's sick isn't it? I've got a bad disease, but I know I am not alone - most if not all DISers have it. :teeth:

Ok, so I've worked my park days and my ADR's according to TGM's best days from last year. I think I've got it pretty down pat, but I'm prepared to make changes. :rotfl2:

Ok, so here goes (don't laugh!) :bitelip:

8/20 - Arrival day - room only ressie at POR. Hang out with DisneyJo at the pool or make her and her loverly family have dinner with us. :teeth:

8/21 - Transfer to WL - Off to Animal Kingdom for Tusker House breakie - afternoon break - Evening at Disney Studios

8/22 - Water Park AM - afternoon break - early dinner @ Kona (if they let me in :ssst:) - evening at MK

8/23 - Open for DIS meet - possibly Epcot day - Dinner @ Biergarten for Wiener salad, beer and the ziggy zagga song! :woohoo:

8/24 - MK for LOEMH (oh yeah, we're doing it babies! :lmao: ) - afternoon break - Dinner at Spoodles

8/25 Epcot Akershaus Breakfast for Maddie - afternoon break - Evening at Disney Studios

8/26 MK morning - Lunch at Crystal Palace - Hoping for P&PP tonight!!

8/27 Pool morning or Water park - depending on previous evening activities - Epcot afternoon/evening

8/28 Departure day - breakfast at Chef Mickey's . We'll probably catch an early afternoon flight back to LA. :sad1:

INTRODUCTIONS:
I just realized I haven't intro'd my famdamily!
Real quick :
Me: Tracy - Wife, mother, p/t student - In love with 2 things : Disney and Tour Guide Mike! :love:
DH: Andy - Husband, father, full time funder of WDW trips (for now ;) ) Likes, not loves Disney. Has no clue I spend my afternoon's with TGM. :laughing:
DD: Madison aka Maddie - my pixie Princess! Loves all things Disney and can't wait to see her DIS friends again! :goodvibes
DS: Evan - my little Daredevil! Kaaaachow!! This little guy is really hoping to ride everything (legitimately this time!). He's just below the 40 inch mark STILL! I'm sure he'll hit it in the next 8 months!! :rolleyes:

That's it for now - I just realized I'm not in any of the pics I posted. Can someone post one from last year? No swimsuit shots, PLEASE!!! :lmao:

I'm SO In! I'm going with purple in the hopes of getting DH to agree to a long weekend in August for a quick trip...and mention the meet after he agrees and we book! :thumbsup2

After he saw the Blizzard beach stuff on the recent Disney travel Channel show he seemed into it...maybe thats my hook! That and we have friend's that live near WDW so visiting them could be the hook too....

Hey guys! Well I am here to follow along with all of your crazy plans even though I am not going (unless somehow I get a boatload of extra money). You all are going to have such a fun time judging from Lapupalooza. ;)

Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

Can someone post one from last year? No swimsuit shots, PLEASE!!! :lmao:
Yeah T about that last photo you posted :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

I'm going with red and thanks for starting this T :yay:

So how did I end up going back again? When I left the girls at MK that last morning we swore to meet again, 2009 was the date set due to the ridiculous cost for us to go, well about 2 weeks after returning home I was pricing up cheapie holidays and my DH (who originally thought he'd hate WDW!) said just go book WDW :yay: I couldn't believe it, he gave me a budget (which I'm below, yes girls really :rotfl2: ) and after lots of flight watching and waiting it was finally booked. We're staying at POR (wanted BC but budget wasn't that big one day maybe!) for 2 weeks 14th to 28th August and we've got free DDP again :cheer2:

Once I'd booked the meet just snowballed and I think we're up to about 8 DISer's who I just can't wait to meet :goodvibes

My Girls don't know about this trip yet, we're wrapping it up as part of their Christmas present so hopefully (no I know) they will be so excited. Especially when I tell them they will be meeting up with Maddie again, oh and Evan, Michael and Leo of course but the girls really did bond. Also Jess has been e-mailing Brenna (Michelle TheDISneyFamily's DD) and she will get to meet her IRL too :yay:

Here are some of my favourite photos!

100_5368.jpg

683.jpg

646.jpg

621.jpg

620.jpg

I'm here!!! :yay: Let's see... I'll pick... SeaGreen! :thumbsup2 It's not quite focker green... but I wouldn't want to put anyone (or myself) into an epileptic coma from reading blaring LIME GREEN LOL! :lmao:

Yes, I've been hard at work on my DH, too... just slowly and carefully ;) ... if the girls & I go in August, that would be trip #3 for us. Sounds GREAT to me, but not to the checking account! :sad2: He knows that it would give Brenna a chance to meet Jess & Ellie (Jo's daughters) IRL so that helps!!!

I'm sure that this DISmeet is going to put all others to shame! :dance3: I'm looking forward to being a part of it! :goodvibes

Have a great day, ladies! :grouphug:

C-Ya!
Michelle

CE - I can't tell if we picked the same green!? I picked the green third from the bottom, right above LIME. It's called SeaGreen. I'll change my color if that's the same one you picked!

CE - I can't tell if we picked the same green!? I picked the green third from the bottom, right above LIME. It's called SeaGreen. I'll change my color if that's the same one you picked!

Nope, we're good, mine's the darkest one - darkgreen :goodvibes

T, of course you're sick, :lmao: but we love you anyway! :hug:

If I do get to go, I think it will be short-ish and I'm probably looking at the 20th to the 25th. My boys will start school on the 27th, if they stick to this year's template. I have a family wedding in Missouri on 8/2, so we'll have to see what D can do, vacation-day wise. Oh, and money-wise, too... :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

:yay: It's started and I am here!!!! I will go with this magenta for my part.:)

Hi everyone, I'm Janet and I was one day short last year of being part of Lapupalooza and it made me :sad1: because just by getting to know everyone here on the boards I just knew they were going to have a GREAT time...and I was right::yes:: They had a fabulous time, even though pinapples are now an endangered species:rolleyes1

When I found out that everyone was planning on doing it again next year I adjusted our plans, just slightly by a day or 2:rolleyes1 , so that I could take part and meet some of these great ladies.

The Philly Crew will include:

Me/jcc0621/Janet: 40ish, Mom, Probation/Parole Officer Supervisor, Loves all things Disney,

Jim/Scrooge: 40ish, MIddle School Math Teacher:teacher: , Bored with Disney but goes becasue he knows it makes me happy:love: (and when I am not happy, nobody is:rolleyes: )

Jimmy/Stitch: 4 going on 40 and like Evan a daredevil. Got to ride BTMRR and Splash for the first time last trip and loved them:thumbsup2, HAve been showing him pictures of all of the kids and is looking forward to making new friends:thumbsup2

Andrew/DNephew: 14 and going to the WOrld for the first time EVER! This trip is our gradution/birthday present to him.

DMom & DDad: My parents, live in Florida. Both are CM's - this is an important note becasue of all the fabulous discounts they get us:woohoo: They also spoil their youngest grandchild terribly.

Our dates are August 19th - 29th and like Tracy, I do have our days planned out and our ADR choices ready to go for the 180 mark. I will give out all that info in my next post. I am at work so I guess I should go do something that they are paying me for:rolleyes1

T - Thanks for starting this, this is going to be so much fun!

Let's get this party started:banana:

Can I please be dark red? But if the Bucs lose again, I'll want to change. :headache: TFI.

Hi there, I'm V :wave: Funny - the way Tracy paints this picture, you'd think it was all my and Lauralee's fault we wound up drinking every last pineapple at the Poly last year. Not so. See, our initial decision to meet over Lapu Lapus in Dec. 2007 was influenced by a DIS group called the Malestromers. Their multiple reports of a fun-filled, Lapu-festooned evening on the Poly beach are what prompted Lauralee and I to hit the Poly in the first place. So, it's all the fault of the Maelstromers. A group of fine people we don't even know.

Have I mentioned that I'm known for my Fuzzy Disney Rationalizing skillz?

I think T left out a couple other critical points. This, for example...

1258545258_115bdd4c68.jpg

Apparently, T's a tad fuzzy on the details of Lapupalooza, as she shorted our group by one - it was T, Jo, Lauralee, me and sorul82?! Must've been those 21 Lapu Lapus. Give or take.
1258545660_0b4809ae8f.jpg

LY/MI! :hug:

But all that is history - we're ready to plan another crazy get-together for 2008. This one even bigger and badder than before! :banana:

So who's traveling in my group? Well, there's my DS5 (6 by then), Leo. He had a lot of fun meeting T's and Jo's kids and Lauralee's DS. I know he'll love doing it all again with even more kiddos to play with!

Also likely to join us is Gramma. That's my mom. The idea of going to Disney in August is absolutely repulsive to her, but last year's promise of no parks, just swimming seemed to sit well with her. We'll see.

I have - T & LL cover your eyes - NO PLANS yet for this trip. (Could someone please hand T the smelling salts?) Well, I do have a studio at SSR booked for 8/21-8/24. But it's entirely possible that I'll change the dates by a day at either end based on our group plans. It's also highly likely that I'll switch to AKV or BCV, depending on my DVC points situation. Beyond that, I've got nothin'. But here are some ideas I'm throwing around...

Swimming at the SSR pool
Getting another day in on our water parks APs
Swimming at the Poly pool
Swimming at Stormalong Bay
Getting another day in on our water parks APs

Do you see a trend forming? ;)

Listen - I live down here in FL. And. It's bloody HOT in August. That's the time of year any sane Floridian gets the heck out of FL. It's a pretty big step even getting me to WDW in Aug., let alone doing any park touring.

But to meet up again with my awesome DIS friends, and to meet some more in person... I'm willing to brave the heat. :grouphug:

Of course, it's not the heat that kills ya - it's the humidity. :rotfl:

I'm here... Now I'm going back to read after I play my son in a game of Christmas Chicken Invaders! He always wins... :lmao:

Wow all of you in one PTR. I'll stay tuned for what I'm sure will be a wild ride!:drive:

Hi I'm in for the ride if not the meet I chose black 'cuz I don,t know how to go colored!!:rotfl2:
OMG Rosie you do surprise me ;) :rotfl2: BTW we need to sort out your siggie again :thumbsup2

He knows that it would give Brenna a chance to meet Jess & Ellie (Jo's daughters) IRL so that helps!!!
Oh I hope he agrees :yay:

I want to be rainbow!! :rotfl2: ;)
Trust you to be different :rotfl2:

OMG This is so much fun so far :yay: So what is the exact date for our meet have we decided?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter