24 Desserts and 124 Food Pics!! A June 2011 Dining Report**Pics Back & Complete 8/17

I feel the same way about Teppan Edo. Not one we'll be doing again when there is so many others to try! We're hoping to try CP for breakfast on our next trip. It looked wonderful! Enjoying your reviews so far; can't wait to read more. :)

I'm enjoying your reviews and pictures, can't wait to see more especially 5th & 6th June :yay:

I didnt care so much for Teppan Edo myself..We have better hibachi places here at home.. Everything else looks very good!! Cant wait for more!!

After breakfast, Jessica and Rachel arrived at Magic Kingdom, only to say my mom realized she left the safe open with $800 in it!!! She went back to close it after she arrived at Magic Kingdom.

Jessica and Rachel were hungry so they went to Main Street Bakery to get some snacks.

Here is a chocolate muffin and a chocolate croissant.
DisneyJune2011074.jpg

DisneyJune2011073.jpg

Sorry I can't comment on these. I think they said they were good.

All of a sudden it was noon and we didn't even make it out of Main Stree yet!!! My mom finally got there so we headed to Cosmic Rays to eat lunch. Boy, was it a madhouse in there. It was the busiest I have ever seen it. They had workers directing you where to sit. It was very chaotic because none of us knew where we were. My mom ended up at her own table and I ended up at my own table so I only got pics of my food and my Dad's food.

I had my favorite counter service- chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans!
DisneyJune2011092.jpg

This was good but it seems like it was lacking meat on the chicken, which I didn't really care about because I was still full from breakfast. For dessert I had the carrot cake. Dessert Count #3! I don't really like this but I always get it anyways just to take a few bites!
Dad got a chili cheese dog with french fries.
DisneyJune2011093.jpg

I personally think this looks gross but he said it hit the spot!! Although he seemed jealous when he saw mine. He said, "You can get THAT here?" He obviously didn't look around hard enough. I don't think he got dessert here. Josh got a plain hotdog and french fries, did not take a picture of that. He also got a sugar free brownie..WHY? I do not know!! I tried a few bites and it tasted like I was chewing sawdust.

When we met up with my mom Dad went to the bathroom and he said there was a foreign woman in there helping her little boys go to the bathroom. Why would she think that is okay to enter the male bathroom??? Why wouldn't she just take her sons to the womans bathroom. That was weird and my dad didn't even go to the bathroom there because of her in there!! Its a little different for guys..they don't have as much privacy! Lol.

I forgot to mention earlier too, Josh has autism so some of the things he does are a little different. He is very particular with things and gets very frustrated easily and he does NOT overeat. At the buffets we went to he would only get one plate.

Next up..'Ohana.

Great reviews!:thumbsup2

I was interested in Teppan Edo - we are hoping to get to Tokyo Dining at some point in the future.

I would still like to do Tokyo Dining as well! I think I will do a different country before Japan though.

Teppan Edo looks kinda meh, except that chocolate ginger cake stuff, that looks amazing! We have 2 restaurants like that by us that are quite good, so I will probably not bother to eat there.

Your CP pics are making me very excited for our trip back there in October! My boyfriend and I went there on our last trip without the kids for breakfast and are excited to take the kids there. I love that Pooh's Puffed French Toast! It's like funnel cake for breakfast! :lovestruc

I wouldn't bother to eat there either. The only nice thing was the dessert! That french toast is very good!!!

Just got caught up ....great reviews so far. I am also a fan of the puffed french toast. Yum! We go tp CP for breakfast every trip. Looking forward to the rest of your reviews. :)

Thanks for reading

The breakfast at Crystal Palace looks delicious! I never have an appetite in the morning, so we don't usually do any big breakfasts in Disney. Someday I may have to make an exception!

I am the same way. I don't eat breakfast ever, maybe some fruit here and there. I can't eat doughy things for breakfast at these buffets, beside the poohs french toast! I don't have an appetitite for waffles, pancakes, bread, pastries every in the morning. On the buffets, i stick to eggs, fruit, and lunch like items.

Great CP review! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to have breakfast here and try the famous puffed french toast!
Thanks for the compliment!

Loving your reviews!!!
Aw thansk!

I enjoyed reading your reviews with the pictures.
Thanks!

I am loving your reviews so far! Makes me wish I hadn't abandoned my own food report months ago... :(

I see what you mean about Teppan Edo - one of my husband's rules is 'if we can get this at home, let's avoid it at Disney'. Which is why we stay away from, for instance, the Italian restaurant (I could probably pay way less for the same thing at home!). Looking at this review makes me glad we do it that way!

Yes, I agree. I go to the italian restaurants just because we are italian but I wont go to Teppan Edo again. It was nice to try it though.

You're pictures are awesome! I'm looking forward to Ohana and Karamelle Kuche. Please don't abandon me, I'm hooked! :surfweb:

Oh im definitely not abandoning this! Never!

I feel the same way about Teppan Edo. Not one we'll be doing again when there is so many others to try! We're hoping to try CP for breakfast on our next trip. It looked wonderful! Enjoying your reviews so far; can't wait to read more. :)

It was pretty good!

I'm enjoying your reviews and pictures, can't wait to see more especially 5th & 6th June :yay:

Thanks!!

I didnt care so much for Teppan Edo myself..We have better hibachi places here at home.. Everything else looks very good!! Cant wait for more!!

Yes I def agree about Teppan Edo. Nice to try once but I don't need to again.

All caught up! Cant wait to read more
Thanks!
Enjoying your reviews so far. I'm sure our DD would love the Tye-Dye Cheesecake. :cutie:
It was good although weird to eat =)
I'm joining in!

I can't wait to try the POP cheesecake and Teppan Edo sounds like fun!

Thanks for joining in.

Teppan Edo looks pretty good! We have a hibachi place by us that we go to a lot, so it's a little disappointing to hear that Teppan Edo doesn't do quite as much as the local places. At my place we get soup and salad too, and lots of tricks/entertainment. Teppan Edo is a place I'd like to try eventually, but it's not very high on my list right now.

Yes, I agree about trying as many places as possible but there is definitely other more unique places to try first.

definitely subscribing - initial thoughts - fantastic parents, amazing photos and scary cheesecake :goodvibes:

Aw thanks!! My parents are pretty fantastic =) The cheesecake was good but it was scary haha!!

Wow, you are like an identical twin of my cousin. That is crazy!

Thanks for sharing your reviews... That's really cool that your parents get along well enough to go on a trip together, and your dad is a cutie in the Tigger picture. I love parents with characters.

Definitely joining in! Great pics so far. I can't wait to read what you thought of Ohana!

I think your dad's hotdog looks gross, too! In fact, when I saw that picture, my first thought was, 'Yuck!' :lmao:

Can't wait to read more of your reviews! How fun! I do a double take every time I read your references to places like Minneapolis or the MOA, I work in HR at AG at the MOA (did you get that? :rotfl:) I was considering Teppan Edo but I eat at Benihana a lot in Maple Grove so my question is...do they have something comparable to shrimp sauce? I'm a shrimp sauce-aholic when I go to Benihana! I went to Benihana in Hawaii and it was such a letdown because they had no shrimp sauce there. Love the reviews - keep em coming!:cool1:

Wow, you are like an identical twin of my cousin. That is crazy!

Thanks for sharing your reviews... That's really cool that your parents get along well enough to go on a trip together, and your dad is a cutie in the Tigger picture. I love parents with characters.

Thats funny! I always wonder if I have a twin somewhere!!!

Definitely joining in! Great pics so far. I can't wait to read what you thought of Ohana!

Its coming up and its positive =)

Great reviews! Looking forward to more! :cool1:

Thanks!

I think your dad's hotdog looks gross, too! In fact, when I saw that picture, my first thought was, 'Yuck!' :lmao:

haha I don't know why he picked that!! It does look gross.

Can't wait to read more of your reviews! How fun! I do a double take every time I read your references to places like Minneapolis or the MOA, I work in HR at AG at the MOA (did you get that? :rotfl:) I was considering Teppan Edo but I eat at Benihana a lot in Maple Grove so my question is...do they have something comparable to shrimp sauce? I'm a shrimp sauce-aholic when I go to Benihana! I went to Benihana in Hawaii and it was such a letdown because they had no shrimp sauce there. Love the reviews - keep em coming!:cool1:

They sure do have shrimp sauce! It is very yummy!!! I wouldn't go to Teppan Edo unless you really want to try it. The dessert if unique if you are a dessert person.
I understand everything but AG. What does that stand for?? Do you live in Hudson??

Dinner was at 'Ohana tonight and I was most excited about taking my family here and I hoped they would love it. We had to wait a little bit longer here. Our reservation was at 6:40 and we probabaly got sat around 7pm. I went to 'Ohana last year in December with my boyfriend for the first time and loved it so I wanted to come back.

In the bar area I started with a Lapu Lapu.
DisneyJune2011119.jpg

DisneyJune2011114.jpg

DisneyJune2011113.jpg

This drink is actually quite expensive at $12.75 and there really is not much drink in there, although there is a lot of booze! I couldn't finish it because the bottom was so boozy, I gave it to my dad to drink. He thought it was strong too but was scraping the sides of the pineapple out and eating that. My mom ordered the Island Sunset.
DisneyJune2011121.jpg

This was very yummy. It has rum, more coconut rum, melon, and peach combined with orange guava juice! I would get this drink again. And it was only $7.00!:thumbsup2 It is frozen too which was nice after a hot day at the parks.
DisneyJune2011122.jpg

Now onto the meal. I know this meal has been reviewed till death but I will do it again because I took a lot of pics! Sorry if I have the descriptions wrong on some items.
You start with bread, which is a coconut bread. That is good but our part was pretty hard on the corners so it was inedible in some parts.
Then you get the salad which is basically just lettuce tossed in a honey lime dressing. My mom LOVED this salad. She said it was her favorite part. I really enjoy it too.
DisneyJune2011128.jpg

They also give you three dipping sauces, a sweet sauce, a ginger sauce, and a spicy sauce. I LOVE that spicy sauce (on the bottom). I use that for the potstickers and the chicken.
DisneyJune2011129.jpg

You then get a platter filled with chicken wings and potstickers. The guys loved the wings and the girls loved the potstickers. =) The postickers really are good! They are a little crunchy on the outside but they are still very good especially dipped in the spicy sauce. I don't know why but I don't care for the wings here. I just don't think they are good: not much flavor and fatty.
DisneyJune2011130.jpg

You then get noodles and broccoli. I do not like the noodles here, they are too sweet for me and not very hot. I love the veggies though!! They are cooked perfectly. Probably cooked too much for most people but I really like them like that. They are juicy and flavorful.
DisneyJune2011132.jpg

The meat was good tonight, especially the shrimp! The steak was a little dry, it was better in Dec 2010 because it was more like medium, this time it was well done. The chicken and pork were good.
DisneyJune2011135.jpg

We even got another potstickers platter!
DisneyJune2011136.jpg

Our server was really good, he refilled all of our drinks multiple times....
DisneyJune2011138.jpg

His name was Morris and he was really really funny and a great server, much better than the server I had in December 2010!
Now the best part...the coconut banana bread pudding!!! Dessert Count #4.
DisneyJune2011139.jpg

If I must say so this is one great looking bread pudding!!
DisneyJune2011140.jpg

They even give you a huge mound of ice cream because we had 6 people!
DisneyJune2011141.jpg

'Ohana was $32.99 per person tonight. This restaurant is definitely a must do now for me every single time I go to Disney! My whole family LOVED it and my brother proclaimed it "The best restaurant he has ever eaten at." At work today my dad said that he could eat that every single night. So yeah, I guess they liked it!;) My mom's favorite was the salad and potstickers.

As for me- last year's steak was better but this year's server was better. I still do not care for the wings or noodles but there is plenty of food to make up for those two things!

I rate 'Ohana a 4/4. SOOO good!! I would try it out for yourself. I know there are a lot of negative reviews but I think it is very good.

Mmmmmm Ohana! I wish we could eat there this next trip again. But we have other places for the kids to try and that we want to try. I can only dream of the bread pudding until then :cloud9:

Right now Ohana is #1 on my list of places I want to try next time in Disney! (This upcoming trip we have our ADRs pretty set and want to go to all of them). I keep reading more good reviews and it looks so delicious. I love anything with tropical flavors, so the coconut bread, honey lime dressing, everything sounds delicious! Not to mention the tropical drinks ;)

I just don't understand how people complain about Ohana - I just about died of happiness when we were there! :)

They sure do have shrimp sauce! It is very yummy!!! I wouldn't go to Teppan Edo unless you really want to try it. The dessert if unique if you are a dessert person.
I understand everything but AG. What does that stand for?? Do you live in Hudson??[/QUOTE]

I work at American Girl (AG)! I live in River Falls (close to Hudson!). I can't wait to go to Ohana in August I :lovestruc meat and potstickers! And I think I'll stick to a regular drink at a lower price rather than go for the lapu lapu. Thanks for the tip!

We went to Ohana on our second trip and thought the food was amazing! We all just loved it there. We couldn't get reservations last year and I was very disappointed so hopefully, on our next trip, we'll be able to eat there again. I really enjoyed the noodles very much and we ordered seconds on the bread pudding! The entertainment is a little corny but DS (7 at the time) had fun. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter