• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

24 Desserts and 124 Food Pics!! A June 2011 Dining Report**Pics Back & Complete 8/17

rachel09985

DIS Veteran
Well hello fellow Disboardians. I am very excited to be coming back and doing anonother dining review. It will only be my second one but I hope to have many more to come. This trip is extra special because there is 6 adults, which means more food pics--124 to be exact!! However, the 24 desserts; that is ALL me!!! Yes you read that right. 24 desserts in 7 days...That is 3.4 desserts per day. Yikes!!!:yay:

Now onto the who, what, when, why, where.

Who: Mom(Mary-59), Dad(Joe-56), Brother(Josh-23), Sister(Jessica-18), Sister's BFF(Rachel-18), and ME(Rachel, 25). Now a disclaimer--Mom and Dad are not married anymore. They got a divorce when I was a junior in HS. They are still very amicable towards each other. This leads to the Why.
Why: Jessica(Sister) graduated from high school the week before and before my parents got divorced they promised each of us they would take us on a graduation trip. I chose Panama City beach(this was before I was Disney obssessed), Josh chose Disney (this began my obsession), and Jessica chose Disney/Universal(which made me a happy sister).
What/Where: 7 nights at Pop Century with the Disney Dining Plan. Mom, Sister, Brother, and Sis BFF were doing a split stay so they only had 4 nights on the DP.
When: June 2nd- June 9th (Magical Express leaves at 4:15am on the 9th so that day does not count)
Here is some pics of us from this trip:
Jessica and BFF Rachel
DisneyJune2011072.jpg

Dad, Me, and Josh
DisneyJune2011046.jpg

Mom and Me
DisneyJune2011267.jpg

Now onto our itinerary:
Thursday June 2nd:
Lunch: Pop Century
Dinner: Teppan Edo
Snacks: Create Your Own Pretzels at Goofys

Friday June 3rd
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Lunch: Cosmic Rays and Snacks at Main Street Bakery
Dinner: 'Ohana

Saturday June 4th
Lunch: Flame Tree Barbeque
Dinner: Captains Grille
Snack: Pineapple Bar

Sunday June 5th
Lunch: Sci Fi
Dinner: Pizza Planet
Snacks: Fantasmic Snacks and Starring Rolls

Monday June 6th
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
Lunch: Sunshine Seasons
Mid Day Snack: La Cava del Tequila
Dinner: Via Napoli
Snacks: France Bakery, Karamelle Kuche, KakiGori

Tuesday June 7th
Breakfast: Pop Century
Lunch: Wolfgang Puck Express
Dinner: Wishes Dessert Party
Snacks: Dole Whip

Wednesday June 8th
Lunch: Wizarding World of Harry Potter Three Broomsticks
Dinner: Pop Century

I did have a wonderful trip and it was lots of fun BUT it was very different from my normal trips. I normally go with my boyfriend and we both like to do the same things. However, it was different with 6 adults on this trip! I was the trip coordinator and it was very hard to try to make 6 adults happy. The rest of the family doesn't believe in hurrying up, they just kind of went at their own pace, which is fine but not all the time. It also took a while for them to "get" the dining plan. My dad didn't understand why he couldn't substitute an app for dessert and my mom hated ordering at counter service because she likes to see the whole menu at once. Lets just say lunches became stressful.

I can't wait to get this review started!

I'm in! How very cool of your parents to keep their promise even after divorce! My parents divorced when I was 3 ... many years ago! They are now very good friends but it too a while to get there and I don't know that they would vacation together!

Can't wait for the reviews!

Wow, this sounds awesome!

How nice that your parents still get along...that is so great!

Awesome! Can't wait.

On another note your parents give me hope. My parents got divorced after 39 years of marriage, 7 grand children and 1 great grandchild. They don't speak unless they have to. :(

Any who back to your soon to be, most spectacular dining report!!

Really looking forward to your report - especially the 24 desserts!:lmao:

It can be difficult going with several adults and trying to keep them all happy!

This sounds great, I'm looking forward to it! Good for you for organizing a trip of 6 adults, I know it can be stressful, especially when everyone has different vacationing styles!

I organized a trip for 10 before (2 kids & 8 adults).... well lets just say, I wont do that again :rolleyes1

Live & Learn ;)

cant wait for your reviews :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter