• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

24 Desserts and 124 Food Pics!! A June 2011 Dining Report**Pics Back & Complete 8/17

Thanks for all the GREAT REVIEWS! :thumbsup2
I think I'm gonna try to snag a reservation in December for my wife and two of the girls for the Wishes Sugar Overload! (I can't do the sweets, but they sure can!)
Thanks again...glad your Dec. trip is back in play! Leave some for us the following weeks!

Great reviews! I am sorry that they are over but excited that you have a Dec trip planned!

What a great review!! So HAPPY FOR YOU that you get to keep plans for Dec!! Have a great trip & I hope you do another review!!:thumbsup2

Just came back to look at your pictures. They look great! :goodvibes

Thanks!! some of our PP pics were so funny!

Great PP pics! :thumbsup2 The Star Wars one made me laugh!

I know lol! I was dying of laughter when looking at our CD. Have fun on your upcoming trip! I just checked out your PTR!

Thanks for all the GREAT REVIEWS! :thumbsup2
I think I'm gonna try to snag a reservation in December for my wife and two of the girls for the Wishes Sugar Overload! (I can't do the sweets, but they sure can!)
Thanks again...glad your Dec. trip is back in play! Leave some for us the following weeks!

Thank you for the compliment! That will be a nice treat for them!

Great reviews! I am sorry that they are over but excited that you have a Dec trip planned!
I know me too!! I am so happy. After this trip I think we are taking a long break (year and half) and doing the beach instead.

What a great review!! So HAPPY FOR YOU that you get to keep plans for Dec!! Have a great trip & I hope you do another review!!:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for reading! Your stories were a hoot. Thanks for reading. Have fun on your trip!

Enjoyed your reviews and sidebar commentary too ;) on the random weird/funny/annoying things that family can do... Thanks for all the pics. And I must say I am impressed also with your dessert reviews and the quantity of desserts that you endured to provide us with reviews!

We will be on the Dining Plan for the first time next trip so I am curious to see how I do eating dessert twice a day plus snacks... I think I will be in trouble :eek: but also pretty darn happy :goodvibes

Nice to find another Minneapolis person here - albeit a bit younger :) I would be curious to compare notes on local joints. We tried the Blue Door last wknd and were not knocked out as everyone else seems to be... if your doing a lucy, Matts is still the way to go.

Enjoy the Dec trip,
Sydnerella's Mama

Enjoyed your reviews and sidebar commentary too ;) on the random weird/funny/annoying things that family can do... Thanks for all the pics. And I must say I am impressed also with your dessert reviews and the quantity of desserts that you endured to provide us with reviews!

We will be on the Dining Plan for the first time next trip so I am curious to see how I do eating dessert twice a day plus snacks... I think I will be in trouble :eek: but also pretty darn happy :goodvibes

Nice to find another Minneapolis person here - albeit a bit younger :) I would be curious to compare notes on local joints. We tried the Blue Door last wknd and were not knocked out as everyone else seems to be... if your doing a lucy, Matts is still the way to go.

Enjoy the Dec trip,
Sydnerella's Mama

I love being able to order dessert on vacation! Disney is the only place I eat dessert and it makes it that much better! I don't even order dessert on non disney vacations so Disney dessert is amazing!!

I have never heard of the Blue Door..where is that?? We have never tried Matt's, we have had the 5-8 Club and I don't really care for that Juicy Lucy. We are obsessed with The Nook in St Paul. They have the best juicy lucy!!! We will have to try Matt's Bar. I am not originally from here so I don't know a lot of places and we tend to stick to the same places. Thank you for reading and have fun on your trip!!:)

I love being able to order dessert on vacation! Disney is the only place I eat dessert and it makes it that much better! I don't even order dessert on non disney vacations so Disney dessert is amazing!!

I have never heard of the Blue Door..where is that?? We have never tried Matt's, we have had the 5-8 Club and I don't really care for that Juicy Lucy. We are obsessed with The Nook in St Paul. They have the best juicy lucy!!! We will have to try Matt's Bar. I am not originally from here so I don't know a lot of places and we tend to stick to the same places. Thank you for reading and have fun on your trip!!:)

Yeah, I have seen the Nook on DDand Dives, but oddly never been. Blue Door is new, on Selby in SP, near St. Thomas. They are supposed to have unique lucy's such as the namesake blue cheese one, a "frenchie" - stuffed with onions and gruyere with side of au jus, etc... Matts are basic not "gourmet" but far tastier than those we had a BD or the 5-8. Matt's is very much a dive bar, on cedar and a tad seedy feeling... but fine. Someday when the next hankerin' for a lucy comes our way we will have to check out the nook. We live in between all of these places near the river so when we need a quick meal these are some of our options. Non lucy burgers at the Bulldog in NE are awesome. And we love Ristorante Luci in SP for pasta... ok enough bugging you...

Anyway, thanks again for the fun report and it is very interesting to me that WDW is the only place you eat dessert. If only.... :sad2:

Sydnerella's Mama

GREAT REVIEWS AND PICS!!!:thumbsup2

What a pleasure to read and thanks for linking everyone of them on the first page... just wonderful:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter