• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

24 Desserts and 124 Food Pics!! A June 2011 Dining Report**Pics Back & Complete 8/17

Now onto Wizarding World of Harry Potter. This might be a long post so I apologize now. I have not been to Universal since I was about 8 so I basically remember nothing. I had no idea the two parks were separated out by City Walk and that you have to walk into City Walk to get to Islands of Adventure. That was pretty cool!

The first thing we did was head right to Ollivander's. The line was pretty long and we waited about an hour. Luckily, they cut the line off right before us so we were first in to show. That proved great for us, because Rachel got chosen to have her wand selected. It was an amazing experience, seriously!!!

Here is the video of her getting selected.

After that we waited in line for the Forbidden Journey.

DisneyJune2011530.jpg

It was about a 1 1/2 hour wait. Mom got some fruit from a stand, which was very good and juicy!

DisneyJune2011532.jpg

Also got pumpkin juice. Now that was nasty!! Tasted straight up like pumpkin pie. Way too sweet to drink!!! The bottle is very cool though. Don't mind my brother's shirt- my stepmom made that shirt for him!
DisneyJune2011529.jpg

I loved loved loved that ride!!! Probabaly the best ride I have ever been on. We got stopped on the ride and we were leaning straight down so that was cool. I hated the locker system at Islands of Adventure, it was so confusing.

After this we had lunch at Three Broomsticks. I ordered the Fish N Chips with a sweet tea. I know they are trying to be authentic but they don't have any pop there. I was CRAVING a Diet Coke and they didn't have it!! I was bummed about that.

DisneyJune2011566.jpg

The Fish N Chips were very good!! They were heavy for the summertime but they were still good. A little greasy but not too bad. I really enjoyed this counter service meal. From what I understand Universal's CS is not that great but this meal was good! Better than some Disney CS!

For dessert I got the Chocolate Trifle! Dessert #23!

DisneyJune2011565.jpg

This was sooooo good. Probabaly the best counter service dessert I had this week. It was light and delicious! It was whipped cream inside with berries and a chocolate sponge cake with berries. YUMM!!!

After dessert I went to the pub and got frozen butterbeer.

DisneyJune2011570.jpg

WOW! Amazing!!!!!!! Seriously!!!!! One of the best things I have ever had...I'm serious!! I dream about this delicious frozen concoction...

One random picture of someone's half rotisserie chicken.
DisneyJune2011567.jpg

Just a warning- it is expensive here. I mean, not too much different than Disney counter service but it was pretty expensive. Fish N Chips $11.99, Chocolate Trifle $3.49, Sweet Tea $2.49. Okay...I guess it is a little different that Disney CS! Still very good though!

At the end of the day I got another Frozen Butterbeer with the collectible glass. I believe this was about $10.99. Such a cute cup though!
DisneyJune2011593.jpg

I tried a regular butterbeer as well. That is just nothing compared to the frozen. The regular was too creme soda like. The frozen was just incredible. Gosh- this is really making me one crave one =(

Random Pics..
DisneyJune2011545.jpg

When we were there Fred and George Weasley were there!! That was sooo cool!
DisneyJune2011526.jpg

All in all, a really great experience. I loved loved loved Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The rest of Islands of Adventures, not so much. I liked the Spiderman and Jurassic Park rides but I did not like the areas. They were just kind of trashy and dirty. In fact we saw a HUGE cockroach crawl across one of the other counter service restaurant's floor. I don't mean to be a Disney snob but this just reaffirmed my affection for Disney. I really did like Harry Potter World though and would definitely come back for that. The problem is my one day ticket was so expensive that it is going to be an expensive day just to come for the Harry Potter section!

DisneyJune2011421.jpg

Previously, I did not like Dole Whip. I tried just the regular Pineapple Dole Whip Float and I did not like it. It was too sour. This time I tried the pineapple and vanilla swirl and this was very good! I will get this again. It was perfect with the vanilla and pineapple.

Here's some corny photopass pics of my wonderful alone day at Magic Kingdom!!
DisneyPhotoPassPicsJune2011233.jpg

DisneyPhotoPassPicsJune2011218.jpg

where and how did you find that yummy looking cheese platter to enjoy during Fantasmic? is it at the Hollywood Hills counter? can you use DDP to obtain?

I am not entirely sure which stand it is becuase my mom ordered it but it is somewhere in the Fantasmic pavilion. I am almost positive you can't use DDP on it. I think it was about 12 dollars.

I think you are the first person to mention how small the desserts were. I always wondered how people fit in a second plate! :)

Lol yes thats why!! They are super small which is good to try mulitple things.

That's too bad about your next trip. Hopefully they will offer free dining, so you could go!

The Wishes Dessert Party looks marvelous! I would definitely like to try this someday.

I hope I can go too. It would have to be free dining or else we definitely can't go. We probabaly shouldn't go anyways but I love Disney too much.

I just booked my dessert party for September! I'm definitely excited about it, the food looks and sounds pretty delicious from your description :goodvibes

Have fun at your dessert party! You will love it.

Very good review of the Dessert Party. The desserts looked good even if they are small. I am hopeing we are seated where we might have a decent view from our table.

Did you happen to notice where the 2 party tables were located?

At least there is a wall to lean on if I do have to stand, with my back it is hard to stand for any length of time unless I have something to lean on.
Last time we watched Illuminations we picked our spot about and hour and a half so we could lean againt a wall near the water.

I figure booking the dessert party would be great if we did not have to stake out a spot so early plus DH is a big sweet fan.

The tables only go about two or three deep at any one point so you will not be far back from the rail. I think the two tops are all over not in any one place, not sure though! If you have a back problem they might let you get a char to put up against the rail. Maybe you can get that GAC and they will let you do that.

Everything looks soooo good! :love: I definitely would have tried those brownies and probably more than once. You can't tell but I'm actually drooling! I'm glad your family was able to all sit together.

Haha I am drooling too. These reviews make me hungry to relive my food endeavors!

I have to keep coming back here to look at those brownies from the dessert party and the butter finger strawberry. :lovestruc Looking forward to your next installment. :thumbsup2

LOL Thats funny! Im glad you are enjoying this. Those pictures are good looking if I must say so myself!! haha

I feel bad you have to cancel the plans for Dec. I just wanted to tell you I planned my next trip a year & 1/2 in advance. Disney lets you put $200 down one year in advance. IDK if u know this, but it was very helpful considering I was pregnant & knew it would be sometime until we could go. So it will be 2 years since our last trip. [btw, I got prego in WDW...tmi?:confused3 lol!!!:lmao: All the kids made us want to have one. So we did.] Anyways the nice things about this is it will have been a while so we'll enjoy it more.& of course, making our payments along the way has been easier. Lastly planning has been longer but still fun & we only have 3 months til we take my son for his 1st trip!!!! Wooohoo!! My husband is "the voice of travel reason" in my life too. I still squeezed 4 weekend local trips out of him in that year & a 1/2. Just to make it through. :woohoo: I hope you get to go!

Lol this made me laugh!!! I definitely take advantage of the monthly installments. Thats why I love Disney , because you don't have to have the whole payment when you book. Thats funny that you got pregnant in WDW. I feel like happens a lot, haha! Me on the other hand am always way too tired for that !!! haha!

Excellent review of WWoHP!! I'm going to Disey next month and we're also doing one day at Universal becaue I love Harry Potter! Thanks for the warning about how expensive it is. I'm kind of spoiled by doing the dining plan and having my meals prepaid. I'll have to save a little extra to eat at Three Broomsticks and to have lots of frozen butterbeer! Your review makes me even more excited. :banana:

Back from my lunch at Raising Canes with gelato at Mall of America, now it is time to add some more to this dining review.

You must live near me! (I'm in Farmington.) LOVE Raising Canes and that new gelato place at MOA. I even tried the maple bacon gelato. Couldn't do the goldfish cracker one.

Voraciously reading your report. Looks like you know how to eat well!!! I guess I'll settle in for the night for a great read!

I read your entire review last night. You ate at some great places. I love your reviews and pictures! We hope to visit Universal next year and I cannot wait to try the Butterbear. What does it taste like? I know you said the non-frozen tastes creme sodaish but how about the frozen? That souvenier mug is so cute.

I've been to the Wizarding World of HP three times in the past year!! I'm a huge Harry Potter fan... I had the rotissiere chicken at the Three Broomsticks, it was good but the corn was pretty bland and gross. Your dessert looks amazing there! Also, I love butterbeer :goodvibes The pumpkin juice is good for a few sips, but I definitely can't drink a whole bottle.

Thanks so much for the photos of the 3Broomsticks food. My DD and I are heading there next May and I also haven't been to Universal since I was a kid. We'll definitely be purchasing the souvenir Butterbeer cups. Cool!:)

Wow what a great review of WWoHP! I can't wait to visit in September! :cool1:

How exciting that Rachel got chosen to have her wand selected at Ollivander's! :thumbsup2 Have heard of there being no coke available - think it has something to do with JK Rowling not allowing it :confused3

I also love the pics of your alone day at MK!

OK! All done reading. So now you don't have to reply about being near Farmington. Is there another Cane's other than Apple Valley? I've been over your way to try out Lions Tap......

Your report was fantabulous! I loved it! Really made me miss WDW. I'm not a sweets person (gasp! :sad2: don't hate me....:scared1:) but you really have me thinking I'll need to try a few new ones this next trip.

Sorry about the Dec trip. We're trying to get down there in September and it's so up in the air. Bills stink. Hope you can go soon with the peace of knowing your cards are all paid off!

OK! All done reading. So now you don't have to reply about being near Farmington. Is there another Cane's other than Apple Valley? I've been over your way to try out Lions Tap......

Your report was fantabulous! I loved it! Really made me miss WDW. I'm not a sweets person (gasp! :sad2: don't hate me....:scared1:) but you really have me thinking I'll need to try a few new ones this next trip.

Sorry about the Dec trip. We're trying to get down there in September and it's so up in the air. Bills stink. Hope you can go soon with the peace of knowing your cards are all paid off!

Do they ever have MN DIS get togethers? I live in WI but I work at the MOA (and yes, I've eaten the goldfish cracker gelato! :lmao:). If they don't do a gathering, we should plan one! I posted on Dizneydawn's review that we should get together and do a dining review of the MN State Fair! :rotfl2:

Excellent review of WWoHP!! I'm going to Disey next month and we're also doing one day at Universal becaue I love Harry Potter! Thanks for the warning about how expensive it is. I'm kind of spoiled by doing the dining plan and having my meals prepaid. I'll have to save a little extra to eat at Three Broomsticks and to have lots of frozen butterbeer! Your review makes me even more excited. :banana:

Thats how I am too with the dining plan. I wasn't used to forking over cash for good! Yes plan on the frozen butterbeer. It is super duper good!!!!

You must live near me! (I'm in Farmington.) LOVE Raising Canes and that new gelato place at MOA. I even tried the maple bacon gelato. Couldn't do the goldfish cracker one.

Voraciously reading your report. Looks like you know how to eat well!!! I guess I'll settle in for the night for a great read!

Yep, I live in Eden Prairie. I read your other other post that you already figured that out though. I tried the maple bacon too but didn't get. That is the best gelato ever. it is delicious. I love the cinnamon flavors and any peanut butter flavor.

I read your entire review last night. You ate at some great places. I love your reviews and pictures! We hope to visit Universal next year and I cannot wait to try the Butterbear. What does it taste like? I know you said the non-frozen tastes creme sodaish but how about the frozen? That souvenier mug is so cute.

It is kind of hard to descripe the frozen. The frozen part is maybe a caramely, butterscotch frozen cokeish?? Then they put the foam on which is this sweet butterscotch white foam. It is very good! The foam is the same on both drinks.

I've been to the Wizarding World of HP three times in the past year!! I'm a huge Harry Potter fan... I had the rotissiere chicken at the Three Broomsticks, it was good but the corn was pretty bland and gross. Your dessert looks amazing there! Also, I love butterbeer :goodvibes The pumpkin juice is good for a few sips, but I definitely can't drink a whole bottle.

Geez you are obsessed with Harry Potter! What did you think about the last movie?? I didn't love the end but liked the beginning! I couldn't even drink one sip of that pumpking juice! I would love to go back but I don't know when I will go back.

Thanks so much for the photos of the 3Broomsticks food. My DD and I are heading there next May and I also haven't been to Universal since I was a kid. We'll definitely be purchasing the souvenir Butterbeer cups. Cool!:)

You two will have a blast. It is very fun! I loved taking pictures of everything. You could spend hours just looking in the stores.
Wow what a great review of WWoHP! I can't wait to visit in September! :cool1:

How exciting that Rachel got chosen to have her wand selected at Ollivander's! :thumbsup2 Have heard of there being no coke available - think it has something to do with JK Rowling not allowing it :confused3

I also love the pics of your alone day at MK!

I know it was super cool that she got chosen. I was so happy for her. That is interesting to know that JK Rowling wouldn't allow it...I know they are very specific on the theming there. It still is amazing. You will have to write food reviews of when you go in September. You will love it

No the only Cane's is in Apple Valley. We travel far for Canes! Lol. They had canes in columbus ohio and we would go there all the time so we had to go there when we found out it is here. Five Guys is good too..have you ever had it? Lions Tap is good. I just went there the other day. Thats ok your not a sweets person. I almost grew out of it after this trip!! Thats how we are about December. Looks like they might have FD after all, so maybe we will still go!

Thanks!!

Do they ever have MN DIS get togethers? I live in WI but I work at the MOA (and yes, I've eaten the goldfish cracker gelato! :lmao:). If they don't do a gathering, we should plan one! I posted on Dizneydawn's review that we should get together and do a dining review of the MN State Fair! :rotfl2:

That would be fun! Or we can do dinner at the Rainforest Cafe followed by a trip the Disney store!! Hahah!! That will just be like Disney =)

The dining review of the Fair would be funny. I looove the food there!!!

Wonderful review of the WWoHP! I LOVE Harry Potter and am quite obsessed with the entire series. I really wish I could have gone there on my last trip to WDW, but our family really could justify spending that much on admission just to see the Harry Potter section. Hopefully I will be able to make it there next year because that frozen butterbeer is calling my name!!

Also, it is AWESOME that you got to see Fred and George! So cool!

Pizza Planet is always our 1st meal at Disney. Tradition for us, boys loved Toy Story and so do I.

Lol this made me laugh!!! I definitely take advantage of the monthly installments. Thats why I love Disney , because you don't have to have the whole payment when you book. Thats funny that you got pregnant in WDW. I feel like happens a lot, haha! Me on the other hand am always way too tired for that !!! haha!

Well you'll make it back soon enough! Ur reviews make me wish u could go when we go!! lol!!! we'd have fun if ur bf likes to eat too! My husband will try anything! Anddd ummm... :lmao: "that" only happened once for us on that trip. ah ha ha!!

Harry Potter looks like fun! Now is that butterbeer like a real beer or root beer? Ur mom's fruit looks yummy& I'm eating my husbands leftover fish right now urs looks wayyyy better.:goodvibes

Yay, I finally got to come back and finish reading your delicious report! Desserts as SO up my alley. I've got a list in my "planning spreadsheet 'o fun" of yummy desserts all over the parks so I'll know what's closest at any given time. ;) Thanks especially for the Dessert Party review. DD8 and I are REALLY hoping they open it up into December. We'd love to do that our last night in the parks.

You're teasing me with those yummy chocolate covered strawberries though! I can't eat seeds anymore and choc strawberries are one of my most missed things. :sad1: Never fear, though, DD will eat enough for both of us! :thumbsup2

You had me so curious on that fruit tray that I just spent 10 minutes looking at menus on all the different planning sites trying to figure out where your mom got it. My best guess is that counter in the back of the seating area, it's just not listed on anything.

Thanks for all of the great reviews and pictures. It all looks so yummy!

Welp, it is my last review for this trip, and it is a boring one!! This one marks my last dinner.

We got back from Universal about 7 pm and I really contemplated going to Epcot because I still had one day of tickets left and I really wanted Tangierine Cafe. The more I thought about it, my feet were aching and I would have to walk allll the way to Morocco and I knew I would be exhausted! I could barely walk. So, instead I went to my room to try to book that bounce back offer (I didn't) and then went to Pop Century for dinner.

I got the Fish of the Day, which was salmon with rice, and cornbread. Yummy! This was very good. Fish was cooked pretty good if not a little dry, the cornbread tasted JUST like Boston Market! The green beans were good.

DisneyJune2011616.jpg

For dessert I had to have the Tye Dyed Cheesecake. This is my LAST dessert of the trip =( Dessert #24...I am so sad this is over, seriously!!! I tried to get a cheesecake that had more yellow color and not as much bright colors.
DisneyJune2011617.jpg

Here are my souvenirs from Wizarding World of Harry Potter (all edible minus the mug)
DisneyJune2011618.jpg

The chocolate wand was my favorite (and least expensive!) It is that fake tasting chocolate, waxey almost but I actually really like that chocolate so I wasn't too upset. The Bertie Botts beans were cool packaging but I can barely eat them because of the gross flavors. The gross flavors are Bogies, Earwax, Black Pepper, Vomit, Rotten Egg, Soap, Sausage, Dirt, and Grass. And trust me they are GROSS! I can't even eat them because they are nasty. They are still sitting on my counter. I really liked the chocolate grog package but it is hard to eat because it is a huge chocolate frog that is solid!

I enjoyed everyone's comments and enthusiasm towards my review. I really hope we go in December because I want to do another review. We are contemplating Garden Grille, Tonys, 1900 Park Faire Bkfast, Ohana, Le Cellier, and Cape may. Were sticking towards the basics! Garden Grille and Tonys will be new.

Next up- favorites/least favorites and Disney Dining Plan Analysis?? Did I get my money's worth?? It was free so yes, but might not have been if I paid full price!

I forgot to mention my photobucket limit is reaching the maximum so my pictures might be disabled again! Since I am almost done no way will I be purchasing the year service. That is why I wanted to get this in. If that does happen I think they will be back on on the 17th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter