• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

24 Desserts and 124 Food Pics!! A June 2011 Dining Report**Pics Back & Complete 8/17

Those Bertie Bot flavors are horrid. I saw a preview of Treasure Planet and the theater was handing out boxes with those flavors (too early to be HP though so don't know why). The little girl with me fed me a few in the dark and I didn't know what they were. Oh man that was nasty!

You say it was boring? Nah--not many resort food courts have salmon with the fixins! It's my oldest son's 2nd favorite counter service (just barely behind the chicken alfredo also at Pop....). I think it's a very, very good bang for the buck!

Sorry it has come to an end, but sure enjoyed reading all about it!:banana:

You say it was boring? Nah--not many resort food courts have salmon with the fixins! It's my oldest son's 2nd favorite counter service (just barely behind the chicken alfredo also at Pop....). I think it's a very, very good bang for the buck!

I agree! VERY delicious looking.

I love your photos from the Wishes Dessert party! You're right...until your pic with the fork, I never realized how much smaller the servings are than what you get at buffets. Now the quantity of food makes sense to me!

I have to say, despite your bad luck with the view, your review makes me really want to treat my kids to this on our next trip. I think they'd rather do this than a table service meal!

Geez you are obsessed with Harry Potter! What did you think about the last movie?? I didn't love the end but liked the beginning! I couldn't even drink one sip of that pumpking juice! I would love to go back but I don't know when I will go back.

Haha yes, I definitely am! I was actually there just a few weeks ago as part of a Harry Potter convention - we got to go in the HP section of the park after it closed at 10 pm for a private event until 2 in the morning - it was so cool!

My thoughts on the movie are just like yours - the beginning was really good, but the ending had a lot of things I didn't like. When I watch the movies I try not to judge them too much based on the differences in the books, but some things just seemed a little ridiculous. It was definitely emotional though - I cried a lot, probably more than any other movie I've ever seen.

And I'm looking forward to your analysis and list of favorites and least favorites from this trip!

Have enjoyed reading your Dining reviews. Looking forward to hearing if you thought the dining plan was worth it.

Mmm the meal at Pop looks great. Look forward to trying that cheesecake!

I love your WWoHP souvenirs. I want to get the Bertie Botts beans but am not looking forward to them gross flavours! :laughing:

That salmon looked quite good! I can't believe all those nasty flavors in the Bertie Botts beans. I think I would have to pass on those.

Awww, I'm sad this review has come to an end. I really enjoyed this report and thanks so much for taking the time to write it! :goodvibes

Spent my afternoon reading your reviews! I really enjoyed them!! Hope you get to visit WDW again in December!!!

:wizard: Thanks for the great reviews! My DD and I are leaving in 5 days and reading your review got me even more excited than I already am! I love the pictures and your detailed and thoughtful comments. I'm really pulling for you for that December trip!

Since, I am all done with my reviews I am going to go through my final analysis: cost wise and best food wise!

Cost Analysis:
Counter Services:
Pop Century: Chicken Penne Alfredo and Tye Dyed Cheesecake $12.76
Cosmic Rays: Rotisserie Chicken, Carrot Cake, and Diet Coke $16.80
Flame Tree BBQ: Pulled Pork Sandwich, Chocolate Mousse, and Diet Coke $15.73
Pizza Planet: Pepperoni Pizza, Star Wars Cupcake, and Diet Coke $15.41
Sunshine Seasons: Goat Cheese Salad, Creme Brulee, and Diet Coke $14.45
WPE: Mac & Cheese, Creme Brulee, and Diet Coke $21.14
Pop Century: Salmon, Cheesecake, and Diet Coke $16.80

Counter Service Grand Total :$113.08

Sit Down Dinners:
Teppan Edo: Steak & Shrimp, Diet Coke, and Green Tea Pudding $42.44
Crystal Palace Breakfast: $24.48
Ohana Dinner: $35.13
Captains Grille: Crab Legs, Chocolate Cake, Diet Coke $41.18
Sci Fi: Shrimp Pasta, Milkshake, and Cheesecake $35.86
1900 Park Fare Breakfast $22.35
Via Napoli: Pizza, Cheese Fritters, and Diet Coke $33.02

Sit Down Restaurant Grand Total: $234.47

Snacks Grand Total @ $4 each: $28

Total Food: $375.55

Now I got free Dining so I actually paid $77 to upgrade at $11 per day. Here is a hint. If you want to go during a peak season, check in on the last day of the normal season. We checked in on the last day of normal season and only had to pay the non peak rate our entire trip!

If I were to pay normal price on the dining plan at $45.99 it would have been $321.93 and I would have only saved $53.62! That is not a lot but I guess it is a decent amount if you have multiple people in your party. I don't think we saved as much because we went to those two character breakfasts. They weren't much and next time I want to do a breakfast I will just pay out of pocket.

Here are my favorites!

Favorte Table Service: Ohana once again! A huge hit with my family and you just can't go wrong there.
Favorite Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare- beats all the other breakfasts I have had.
Favorite Counter Service: I enjoyed Flame Tree the most! That pork sandwhich redeemed Flame Tree. Of course Wolfgang Puck Express is excellent as well.
Favorite Snack Credit: Kaki Gori! So refreshing
Favorite TS Dessert: Chocolate Guianduja Hazelnut Cake at Captains Grille
Least Favorite TS Dessert: Honestly Ricotta Cheese Fritters, they were slightly underwhelming.
Least Favorite TS: Sci Fi! I did not like my entree, everything else was good.
Least Favorite Counter Service: None! they were all delicious! Actually i guess it would be Pop breakfast but I didn't count that as one of the 7 because I used my dads leftover credits for that.
Least Favorite Snack: Bottled Water! Next time I will learn to not waste snacks.

Well, there you have it. This June 2011 Dining Report is complete! So sad.

On a side note we BOOKED our December trip!!!! Well we still have to put $200 down but it seems like we are for surely going! It is going to be my boyfriend and I, his sister, brother in law, and 5 year old nephew! Can't Wait! We are signed up for Garden Grille, Tusker Breakfast, Ohana, Cape May, Chef Mickeys, Tonys, Le Cellier, Biergarten/Coral Reef, and 1900 Park Fare, minus a few of them.

I will leave you with some of my favorite photopass pics from this trip!

and I guess my bandwith was exceeded again so I guess you will have to wait to see the pics on the 17th!

DisneyPhotoPassPicsJune2011158.jpg

DisneyPhotoPassPicsJune2011139.jpg

DisneyPhotoPassPicsJune2011124.jpg

DisneyPhotoPassPicsJune2011102.jpg

DisneyPhotoPassPicsJune2011095.jpg

DisneyPhotoPassPicsJune2011075.jpg

DisneyPhotoPassPicsJune2011030.jpg

I have really enjoyed reading your reviews and love the summary and cost analysis! :thumbsup2

We are eating at Captain's Grille so will have to try that Chocolate Guianduja Hazelnut Cake. Will be back later to view the Photopass pics.

Thanks for your list of favorites and cost analysis!

And YAY for booking your December trip!! I'm so glad you are going to be able to go. :goodvibes It sounds like you booked some really good TS restaurants.

I'll definitely be back on the 17th to check out the rest of your pics!

I've been on vacation (not Disney) so I missed your latest installment of pics so I'll have to come back on the 17th. HOWEVER...I'm so happy that everything worked out for you to go back to WDW in December!!! :yay:

I would totally be up for a MN DIS get together at Rainforest and a trip to the Disney store!:banana: How fun would that be?

That would be fun. I would be up for that but I am kind of carless right now :headache:

Wonderful review of the WWoHP! I LOVE Harry Potter and am quite obsessed with the entire series. I really wish I could have gone there on my last trip to WDW, but our family really could justify spending that much on admission just to see the Harry Potter section. Hopefully I will be able to make it there next year because that frozen butterbeer is calling my name!!

Also, it is AWESOME that you got to see Fred and George! So cool!

It was really cool to see them. They didn't look like themselves though! It is expensive to get in. I mean I guess it isn't any more expensive than one disney day but it averages out at Disney whereas Universal would only be on day.

Pizza Planet is always our 1st meal at Disney. Tradition for us, boys loved Toy Story and so do I.

Me too =) I always get it at least once.

Well you'll make it back soon enough! Ur reviews make me wish u could go when we go!! lol!!! we'd have fun if ur bf likes to eat too! My husband will try anything! Anddd ummm... :lmao: "that" only happened once for us on that trip. ah ha ha!!

Harry Potter looks like fun! Now is that butterbeer like a real beer or root beer? Ur mom's fruit looks yummy& I'm eating my husbands leftover fish right now urs looks wayyyy better.:goodvibes

Lol to the once thing!! We are heading back December 3rd-December 8th so it should be fun! The butterbeer is kind of like creme soda, it isn't real beer. The frozen is soo much better.

You saw Fred and George! How cool is that?:cool1:

Great review :thumbsup2

It was cool and fun, it made that day so worth it

Yay, I finally got to come back and finish reading your delicious report! Desserts as SO up my alley. I've got a list in my "planning spreadsheet 'o fun" of yummy desserts all over the parks so I'll know what's closest at any given time. ;) Thanks especially for the Dessert Party review. DD8 and I are REALLY hoping they open it up into December. We'd love to do that our last night in the parks.

You're teasing me with those yummy chocolate covered strawberries though! I can't eat seeds anymore and choc strawberries are one of my most missed things. :sad1: Never fear, though, DD will eat enough for both of us! :thumbsup2

You had me so curious on that fruit tray that I just spent 10 minutes looking at menus on all the different planning sites trying to figure out where your mom got it. My best guess is that counter in the back of the seating area, it's just not listed on anything.

Thanks for all of the great reviews and pictures. It all looks so yummy!

haha I do those lists too on my spreadsheet with all desserts and snacks I want! Yeah, I am not sure where that dessert tray is at. Thanks for reading!

Those Bertie Bot flavors are horrid. I saw a preview of Treasure Planet and the theater was handing out boxes with those flavors (too early to be HP though so don't know why). The little girl with me fed me a few in the dark and I didn't know what they were. Oh man that was nasty!

Lol, they are so gross!! I can't believe they actually taste so gross. I would hate to be the taste tester.

It wasn't really boring, it was just boring that there was only one entree to show guys!:lmao: It was yummy though and the chicken alfredo is my favorite of all counter services!!

I can't WAIT to try the Dessert Party! Everything looks soo good!

You will have a blast, I really enjoyed it.

Cheesecake is always yum!!! Hope that Our Resort has a good one!!

I hope so too! Where are you staying?

I agree! VERY delicious looking.

It was yummy!

Awesome reviews...and pics! I'm now semi-regretting canceling my dinner ressie at Captain's Grille for Sanaa ;)

I would regret it but I don't think Sanaa would interest me that much. Nothing really sounds that great to me there. You will have to let us know how you liked it!:thumbsup2

I really enjoyed your review!! So sad it's over :(

Thank you so much for reading

I love your photos from the Wishes Dessert party! You're right...until your pic with the fork, I never realized how much smaller the servings are than what you get at buffets. Now the quantity of food makes sense to me!

I have to say, despite your bad luck with the view, your review makes me really want to treat my kids to this on our next trip. I think they'd rather do this than a table service meal!
Thats what we did, we skipped a dinner or any table service that day. It was perfect because it fills you up, as long as you don't mind your kids wired up all night =)

Haha yes, I definitely am! I was actually there just a few weeks ago as part of a Harry Potter convention - we got to go in the HP section of the park after it closed at 10 pm for a private event until 2 in the morning - it was so cool!

My thoughts on the movie are just like yours - the beginning was really good, but the ending had a lot of things I didn't like. When I watch the movies I try not to judge them too much based on the differences in the books, but some things just seemed a little ridiculous. It was definitely emotional though - I cried a lot, probably more than any other movie I've ever seen.

And I'm looking forward to your analysis and list of favorites and least favorites from this trip!

That is really cool that you were there for a private convention! Were they any celebs there?? I don't think I cried at this one, maybe only when they showed the Weasley's after Fred/George??

Have enjoyed reading your Dining reviews. Looking forward to hearing if you thought the dining plan was worth it.

Mmm the meal at Pop looks great. Look forward to trying that cheesecake!

I love your WWoHP souvenirs. I want to get the Bertie Botts beans but am not looking forward to them gross flavours! :laughing:
I recommend the chocolate wand! I really liked that and it wasn't too expensive. They have great souvenirs there, although expensive.

That salmon looked quite good! I can't believe all those nasty flavors in the Bertie Botts beans. I think I would have to pass on those.

Awww, I'm sad this review has come to an end. I really enjoyed this report and thanks so much for taking the time to write it! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for reading, I will be back in December. Although, I am worried about taking pics because I am going with my boyfriend's family and I am worried what they will think if I start taking pics of food, haha

Spent my afternoon reading your reviews! I really enjoyed them!! Hope you get to visit WDW again in December!!!

Thank you and we are!!

:wizard: Thanks for the great reviews! My DD and I are leaving in 5 days and reading your review got me even more excited than I already am! I love the pictures and your detailed and thoughtful comments. I'm really pulling for you for that December trip!

Thanks for pulling for me because we are going!! We keep adding nights too lol! I hope you had a great trip, you are probabaly back by now.

I have really enjoyed reading your reviews and love the summary and cost analysis! :thumbsup2

We are eating at Captain's Grille so will have to try that Chocolate Guianduja Hazelnut Cake. Will be back later to view the Photopass pics.

Oooh fun!! I love Captains Grille! It really is a great one credit restaurant. Thank you sooo much for reading!!
Thanks for your list of favorites and cost analysis!

And YAY for booking your December trip!! I'm so glad you are going to be able to go. :goodvibes It sounds like you booked some really good TS restaurants.

I'll definitely be back on the 17th to check out the rest of your pics!

Thanks for your congrats, haha! I just wish we were going next week. It is sad that i want summer to be over so it can be closer to december.

I've been on vacation (not Disney) so I missed your latest installment of pics so I'll have to come back on the 17th. HOWEVER...I'm so happy that everything worked out for you to go back to WDW in December!!! :yay:
Yeah, stupid photobucket! Thanks for your congrats. I am super happy that we are going, It will be a fun trip with my boyfriend's family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter