21 nights in WDW+DXDDP =over 300 food pics!! (& a huge weight gain!)COMPLETED 11/30!

i'm going to end up upgrading to the deluxe plan just to try all these places.

You should! We loved the deluxe plan and the reason I chose it was to try all the restaurants that I've always fancied but never had time to try in the past.

I can't wait to read more! I'm subscribing.

Thank you

Looks SO good....wish the kid were old enough to enjoy and behave well enough to go!! Maybe next time......btw, the Midori looks yummy!!!:lovestruc

Thank you. It was good, they did seem to have a good child menu there and the kids meals were the cutest I saw out of any of the restaurants, presented on a little china monarail. The children at the table next to us loved them! And the midori was good!

Wow that is alot of places, can't wait for more!!

Thank you. Hopefully I'll have Jiko written up soon.

You ate at a lot of the same places that I am reviewing on my Dining Review. Interested in seeing how your opinion matches up to ours.

Thanks!! Awesome reviews!! I don't eat meat, so I'm really happy to read about the vegetarian reviews!!

great reviews! hungry for more!

(they even set the your tray table with a tablecloth and everything!!).

Like in the olden days! :lovestruc

The vegetarian option was Mushroom ravioli. This was open ravioli so looked a bit different to what I was expecting. The pasta was slightly undercooked making it very chewy, but the filling was very good with a strong mushroom flavour and large pieces of mushroom.
ys_veg.jpg

I'm not a big meat eater and often order veg, so I'm glad to see the option here. :thumbsup2

We have eaten at most of the places you did and it's good to remember a nice meal. Also looking forward to reviews of places we'll try soon. :)

Can't wait to read more!!!

Thank you, I'll get Jiko written up tonight.
WOW... can't wait to read more....sounds wonderful

Thank you very much.

You ate at a lot of the same places that I am reviewing on my Dining Review. Interested in seeing how your opinion matches up to ours.

I've just had a look at your review (which I'm enjoying reading by the way) and we did hit a lot of the same restaurants.

Thanks!! Awesome reviews!! I don't eat meat, so I'm really happy to read about the vegetarian reviews!!

Thank you. I really loved reading vegetarian reviews while I was planning where we could eat so happy to give something back.

great reviews! hungry for more!

Thank you

Keep them coming

Thanks

I'm not a big meat eater and often order veg, so I'm glad to see the option here. :thumbsup2

We have eaten at most of the places you did and it's good to remember a nice meal. Also looking forward to reviews of places we'll try soon. :)

Thanks for reading along. Hope my reviews of the places you've yet to try are helpful to you.

That night we had a 7:50 ADR at Jiko. We checked in just a few minutes early, and were given a pager.

It was a bit chaotic at the reception desk with lots of parties waiting to be seated, but we finally grabbed a seat at the little bar there. We were called about 15 minutes after our ADR time.

Honestly service wasn't the best tonight. Our waiter was pleasant enough, but took a long time to greet us, bring us drinks and didn't bring any bread until we'd finished our appetiser. He just didn't seem on the ball and this was definitely below par service compared to the other signature restaurants.

We firstly ordered wine and the Pinot Noir we chose was very, very good.

For an appetiser I went for the Lamb Patis (which by the way have now been changed to Beef Patis on the latest menu). I rarely eat lamb but thought these sounded interesting and I was really pleased I chose them. The lamb was very tender and flavourful, combined with well cooked flaky pastry. For my palate they were a bit too spicy, but the mint chutney acted as a cooling dipping sauce. I surprised myself by how much I enjoyed these and almost cleared the plate.
jk_lamb.jpg

Although there were a few vegetarian appetisers, DH decided he fancied the cheese selection. Unlike at the Yachtsman he was supplied with a description of the cheeses. He rated this cheese plate as very good, the Torta del Casar ended up being his favourite cheese of the trip, even beating those served up at V&A. I had a little taste of most of them, even though I'm not a huge cheese eater, I do love goats cheese and I liked most of these cheeses. The cheese was served with crostini, a blackcurrant jam and champagne grapes, all of which were good.
jk_list.jpg

jk_ches.jpg

For my entree I chose the Maize crusted Halibut. I really liked this dish, but I didn't love it. The halibut was perfectly cooked and the sauce was smooth and buttery, but it just didn't wow me for some reason. It was served with veg, which I think were a little undercooked for my taste and the crispy strips on top were a little too salty for me.
jk_halibut.jpg

DH chose the vegetarian option, Stuffed Piquillo Peppers with Five Grain Risotto and Truffle Beurre Blanc. He said the risotto was absolutely gorgeous, and you could really taste the truffles. The risotto wasn't made with traditional risotto rice, instead some other type of grain that he couldn't identify. He wasn't too keen on the peppers, he said they just didn't seem to pair well with the risotto, and he would have been happier with just the risotto.
jk_pep.jpg

By the time we got to dessert (due to slow service it was late by this point), I was feeling pretty tired and just a little bit 'off' so we decided to get dessert to go. I chose the chocolate cheesecake which was served with lavendar icecream. I really liked the cheesecake, it was very rich and creamy with a good chocolate flavour. I wasn't keen at all on the lavendar icecream, as it was too strongly flavoured for me, so I stole a bit of DH's sour cream icecream instead.
jk_choc.jpg

Lavendar icecream
jk_ice.jpg

DH chose the lemon curd which was served with blueberry compote, a biscotti (which was sweet and nice and crunchy) and sour cream ice cream. We both really liked this and it was definitely the winner out of the two, it was nice and light and the curd had a nice lemon flavour. It was sweet and yet tart at the same time, and was a very well balanced dessert, which I'm sure looks much prettier when eaten in the restaurant.
jk_curd.jpg

Overall I really enjoyed the food at Jiko, but the service let the experience down slightly. The atmosphere was a bit different to the last time we dined here,it was very, very busy and there were lots more young children there than last time, increasing the noise level slightly. Also this was the only restaurant I actually felt overdressed in, as the vast majority of diners were in shorts and t-shirts. I guess this isn't the norm and may be we were just there on an odd night. The tables for 2 seemed very close together compared to most of the other signature restaurants and I felt a bit too close to our neighbours for comfort. I'd definitely still return, as the food was fab but it's dropped slightly down the list of my favourite restaurants.

Subscribing...
This is a great way for me to await our March trip...
and remember our past trips. The food is one of the highlights of my vacation!

Subscribing...
This is a great way for me to await our March trip...
and remember our past trips. The food is one of the highlights of my vacation!

Thanks for joining in. I must admit, I do plan our trips around the food, but then you really have to if you choose the DxDDP!!

Can't wait for more!

Thank you. I will get the next installment up tonight.

Great reviews and pics! Love the variety of cocktails!

Thanks. I'm all about the cocktails!

I'm in! Love the reviews of Yachstman and Jiko. I'll be trying those this December along with some other places you've tried. Can't wait to read all your reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter