21 nights in WDW+DXDDP =over 300 food pics!! (& a huge weight gain!)COMPLETED 11/30!

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews. I hope to try quite a few of the same restaurants when I am there in January.

Great reviews. Love the pics (especially the cocktails ; ) ). looking forward to the rest. I wish I could stay as long as you did!! We only manage 4 or 5 days at a time .Of course, I don't live in England! You definitely ate well while you where there.

Yummy! Looks great so far! I cant wait to hear about the rest of your meals!

Great review, can't wait for the rest. It took me a while to get over your 3 week stay!! I found myself feeling quite envious! LOL We got to go for 2 weeks once and everyone asked didn't you get TIRED of being at WDW for that long! My brother who was there with me and I decided that some people just don't get it, I believe I could live there and not get tired of it. You just have to feel sorry for those people!!! :)

Wow, I did 4 nights of DxDDP and I was sooooo full!! I need to see how you did 14 nights!

Oooh I'm in! It boggles my mind to think you hit all those places in one trip! I have very severe gastroparesis, which means my stomach doesn't digest right, so I've been on basically bread-and-water diet for the last couple months. That said, I've always been a big foodie, and am living vicariously through your lovely pictures and descriptions!!

The milkshake sounds amazing and the vegetarian option looks really good. I had planned on requesting veggie burgers, but now I'm not so sure! I can already see our food bill increasing...:eek:

The milkshake was really good and DH enjoyed the tofu. Personally I don't like the texture of tofu, but the tiny bite I had was quite nicely flavoured.

I am so jealous!!! Not necessarily for the food but 21 days at AKL!!!! What a treat!

It was lovely being there for so long. We really got to enjoy how beautiful the lodge was.

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews. I hope to try quite a few of the same restaurants when I am there in January.

Thanks, hope you enjoy them.

Great Reviews! Can't wait for more!

Thank you.

Great reviews. Love the pics (especially the cocktails ; ) ). looking forward to the rest. I wish I could stay as long as you did!! We only manage 4 or 5 days at a time .Of course, I don't live in England! You definitely ate well while you where there.

Thank you. We're spoilt with long trips, but as the flight cost is a huge part of the holiday budget, it makes sense for us to stay longer.

Great start! Looking forward to the rest of your reviews! :)

Thanks for joining in.

Yummy! Looks great so far! I cant wait to hear about the rest of your meals!

Thanks

OH MY GOSH :scared1: 56 SNACK CREDITS!
I know, and the really scary thing is we only left 2 credits unused!

Count me in for the review... great start. Can't wait for more.
Thank you.

Great review, can't wait for the rest. It took me a while to get over your 3 week stay!! I found myself feeling quite envious! LOL We got to go for 2 weeks once and everyone asked didn't you get TIRED of being at WDW for that long! My brother who was there with me and I decided that some people just don't get it, I believe I could live there and not get tired of it. You just have to feel sorry for those people!!! :)

Thank you. I really enjoyed spending that much time there, and can't imagine going for less days now. It's relaxing to spend that much time there, we just hit the parks in the morning, had lunch then came back to the hotel to relax at about 2ish. Only going back out again for dinner in the evening.

Looks good, cant wait to see more!:)

Cheers.

Wow, I did 4 nights of DxDDP and I was sooooo full!! I need to see how you did 14 nights!

I loved the dxddp, I was pretty full but we didn't often order a 3 course lunch, and only had 3 table service meals a day twice, the rest of the time it was 2 a day. I also rarely finished a meal, I just ate how ever much of it I wanted, which at lunch time was often less than half a portion.

Great reviews and pics! Can't wait to read more. :)

Thank you.

Ditto on the 56 snack credits!!!:eek:

Can't wait to hear how you used them!!!!popcorn::

I have to be honest and say we did use a fair few of them for water and breakfast, but there's definitely a few goodies thrown in there too.

Count me in too popcorn::

Thank you

Great reviews so far - looking forward to the rest!
Thank you

Oooh I'm in! It boggles my mind to think you hit all those places in one trip! I have very severe gastroparesis, which means my stomach doesn't digest right, so I've been on basically bread-and-water diet for the last couple months. That said, I've always been a big foodie, and am living vicariously through your lovely pictures and descriptions!!

We did eat at a ton of restaurants! Sorry you haven't been well, bread and water diet definitely doesn't sound fun, but hope you enjoy the reviews.

I'll write the next update after I get home from my first day back at work (going back after 3 weeks holiday is no fun at all!:sad1: )

Today we started by sharing breakfast at The Mara. I'm not a huge breakfast eater, so we shared a Mickey Waffle. This was ok, it was served with bacon which we skipped due to DH being vegetarian. It was a little overdone, meaning some parts were quite hard and I preferred the choices at POFQ and ASMU food courts where you could get the waffle served with fruit.

We had a 12pm reservation at Tokyo Dining which is when they start serving lunch. We checked in about 10 minutes early, were given a pager and took a seat in the waiting area which is shared with Teppan Edo. Just before 12 all the staff from both Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining came out to do an opening greeting. They all stood in a semi circle, welcomed everyone and bowed, I thought it was quite a nice idea.

Although there were quite a lot of people waiting, most were dining at Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining was very quiet the entire time we were there.

We were seated at a corner window table with a fantastic view of World Showcase. If you happened to be seated there during Illuminations it would be a great vantage point.

Our server was very polite and efficient. She bowed everytime she left the table, which was sweet. To drink I initally went with diet coke, then caved in to my love of cocktails and ordered a Midori, which was very sweet with a strong melon flavour.
td_drink.jpg

DH initally went with hot green tea, which was included in the dining plan and you got the whole pot.
tdtea.jpg

Then he decided to try the sake sampler which he enjoyed. Our waitress warned him that the middle one was very dry, and she wasn't wrong. He enjoyed the other two samples, but I didn't note down what they were.
td_sake.jpg

For an appetiser I ordered the vegetable croquette which I split with DH. I really enjoyed this, it was just mashed potato with mainly carrots and sweetcorn, covered in breadcrumbs and fried till golden. The brown sauce drizzled on it was really tasty.

This is how it's initially presented:
td_croq_close.jpg

Then what it looks like when opened:
td_croq_open.jpg

DH had the miso soup which he said was good but much more mellow tasting than the miso we get in chinese restaurants in the UK.
td_soup.jpg

For my entree I went for the Tempura/Sushi combo. The tempura was very light and included green beans, mushroom, courgette, shrimp and scallops. All were good but the scallops were fantastic, beautifully cooked, tasty and not at all rubbery.
The sushi included prawn, tuna and salmon(I think) nigri and 2 california rolls. All were very good, with really nice sushi rice and fresh fish.

It was served with sticky rice which was very good, a dipping sauce for the tempura which was ok and a seaweed salad, which was tasty. This was a massive lunch and even with giving away half my appetiser, there was no way I could finish it all. I did eat most of the sushi though.
td_combo.jpg

DH had the vegetable tempura, which was the only vegetarian entree on the menu. He enjoyed this, again the tempura batter was nice and light and included all the veg that I received with my tempura, but more of them. He also got a tempura of grated carrot and onion, which is the big flat round one you can see in the pic below.
This was served with the same accompaniments as mine. Again it was too big a portion and he didn't manage to finish it all.
td_temp.jpg

We were both pretty stuffed at this point but DH has a really sweet tooth and always has room for dessert.
He opted for the chocolate ginger cake which he said was quite light, and had a good ginger flavour.
td_cake.jpg

I gave into temptation and decided to just order something light and went for vanilla icecream. This was a nice light finish, but was a big serving and I only ate about half.
td_ice.jpg

Overall we really enjoyed Tokyo Dining and it is now one of our favourite 1 TS credit restaurants. The decor is very nice, it was quiet with great service and good food. It's definitely on our list of restaurants to return to.

I'll update later tonight with our Jiko dinner.

i'm going to end up upgrading to the deluxe plan just to try all these places.

Looks SO good....wish the kid were old enough to enjoy and behave well enough to go!! Maybe next time......btw, the Midori looks yummy!!!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter