• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 Rate Watch

Yikes! Agreed Mardi Gras week falls on Presidents week and prices are sky high! Hoping for AP rates. Anyone know if AP rates are offered during peak season?

Wow! I booked November 2015, and total price was different by $30 from what I'd estimated using this year's dates. I wonder why yours are so different?

Wow! I booked November 2015, and total price was different by $30 from what I'd estimated using this year's dates. I wonder why yours are so different?

Probably because I wasn't expecting peak season rates since the last couple of trips didn't fall on presidents week.:scared: I mean $314 a night for a mod?...I paid less than $500 a night with my AP discount for Poly club level last May....:badpc: I have never paid peak season pricing...

Mines 27 and change price increase for our time in dec versus this december.. I was plesantly shocked!

I just went to price out my 2015 trip and got sticker shock - :lmao: I'm going to wait a bit before jumping in.

Urgh same here. I'm so excited to book our honeymoon but I might wait another week or so before deciding what to do. The package we want jumped about $400 from my rough estimate, good grief.

I get sticker shock every time I look at anything Disney
With the discount I'm booked at now I feel the price is where they should be daily

It used to be airfare that would make or break a trip, not really the case anymore

Urgh same here. I'm so excited to book our honeymoon but I might wait another week or so before deciding what to do. The package we want jumped about $400 from my rough estimate, good grief.

I just priced out the exact same package I had priced out before the rates, both during value seasons, both the same resort, same days, same tickets, etc....and my 2015 package went up $600?? I am shocked and cannot figure out why! I don't go over any busy WDW days or rate changes either. I've been planning our Disney trips for the last 12 years so I'm pretty stumped here...

I just priced out the exact same package I had priced out before the rates, both during value seasons, both the same resort, same days, same tickets, etc....and my 2015 package went up $600?? I am shocked and cannot figure out why! I don't go over any busy WDW days or rate changes either. I've been planning our Disney trips for the last 12 years so I'm pretty stumped here...

What are your dates and which resort did you price?

I priced mine for 2015 and it was EXACTLY what I calculated using 2014 rates.

What are your dates and which resort did you price?

I priced mine for 2015 and it was EXACTLY what I calculated using 2014 rates.

It was POR for January. I have played around with so many dates by now that I would have to go back and figure out which ones were the originals that were that much different, but by now I have it down to a $150 difference (additional), so at least that is better than before.

I do 't know if I did the math wrong or what, but what I calculated for 2014 ended up being $167 MORE than what we've been quoted for 2015.

The big price difference for me is the actual hotel room. We might just bite the bullet and get a room with 2 queen beds instead of a king. If we go for the king, we would have to sacrifice a day of our trip and I would much rather stay longer and just deal with 2 beds. It really seems like a better deal, and of course my fiance suggested pushing the two beds together and making one big one :rotfl2:

FWIW - Running numbers on POFQ Garden View, 6 nights in "regular season" post-Easter, using MouseSavers for 2014 rates and the WDW site for 2015, the total (including tax) looks like it has gone up only about $5. Yea!

I am SO unhappy, however, about the AAA discounts going away. The past couple of February trips, Disney discounts on POFQ have been practically nothing (like 5%? when I was getting 20% off with AAA). 5% is almost not worth the hassle of making a phone call.:worried:

Our June dates for 2015 at the Wilderness Lodge are the exact same price we paid this past June so we are EXTREMELY happy!! :thumbsup2

Just wish our trip wasn't so far away....

Carla

:cool1: Yesterday booked my vacation. It has been 5 years since I was last at my 2nd home -- Pop Century :cool1: I am so excited come on 14 months go by FAST

Our June dates for 2015 at the Wilderness Lodge are the exact same price we paid this past June so we are EXTREMELY happy!! :thumbsup2

Just wish our trip wasn't so far away....

Carla

We will be there in May 2015 and our rates were about the same as 2014

rates. Good to find a neighbor on Dis!! Corbin here :)

Since mousesavers hasn't updated their list yet, I did a quick analysis of price changes in Value 1 season at my favorite resorts.A bit complicated because mousesavers listed the post-tax price.

CBR
Standard stayed the same at 162/179 weekday/weekend.Preferred is 220/237, basically the same as POR Royal Room River View! An increase of 16/17 from 2014.

POFQ
Garden and River prices are unchanged. 174/189 and 194/209.

WL
Standard stayed the same at 289/309 weekday/weekend in value 1 season.

Woods view increased to 335/361, an increase of $20 or so from 2014.

POR
Royal River stayed the same at 222/237.

Garden went up by $6 to 181/196.

River went up by $7 to 204/220.

Royal Garden went up by ~$10 to 212/229.

Overall Observations

Disney is keeping the cheapest deluxe rooms the same while upping other deluxe rooms.

Disney is following the same strategy with CBR. Standard stays the same while preferred approaches POR RR river view prices!

Most expensive room at POR stays flat while other categories increase. (didn't check standard as I avoid POR parking lot views).

POFQ river and garden stay flat. Note that these rooms are $7-10 cheaper than their POR counterparts. This is a headscratcher to me. Maybe POFQ isn't as popular in the real world as it is on disboards. Maybe they're following a strategy of slightly lower rack rates and less frequent discounts at POFQ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter