• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 Rate Watch

disneyfam5608

Earning My Ears
Anyone else just sitting around waiting for the 2015 rates/packages to come out?? The suspense is KILLING me

Yes! Trying to plan our very first trip! Once we get it all booked it will seem that much more real :)

Oh yes!!! There are plenty of us waiting with you!!! Our trip will be July 2015 and being more than a year away makes it seem light years away (Buzz Lightyears :rotfl2:).......

We have been planning our trip for March 2015 since March 2013! I totally know what you mean about "light years"!! I want to hold off on booking it until the rates come out though!! Hopefully just a few more weeks ;)

Me! Me! Me!

Want to book a "girls only" trip in March and a "whole family + an extra kid" Disney & Universal bash for August!

Glad I'm not the only Disboards stalker out there! :)

I'm here too! I'm looking to book for February, and I've been waiting for months!

Does anyone know when they will be released?

So I have a question about booking when the rates come out:

When you book your 2015 trip, do you worry about whether a promotion such as this year's free dining will be out or do you just book and then if something is released later you change your booking.

Here's why I ask, because I'm planning on going next October definitely around the time frame that was included in this year's free dining. I saw that allot of the people who already had existing reservations had to wait hours on hold in order to change their reservations to include free dining.

Also, the day that it was offered to the public, quite a few rooms were gone by the end of that day.

I went online that morning and if I were going this year could have booked what I wanted but checking back a few days later, there wasn't anything I wanted available (at least online).

So I just wonder if I should book the resort that I want when package rates come out but know that I'd be willing to change if a free dining offer became available or just wait to book until the promotions come out next year and then take whatever I can get knowing I have a certain price/few resorts in mind.

Part of me wants to book because it becomes more "real" but then part of me thinks I should just wait and see. I know if I book now I can make payments along the way, but I also think I can just put that money aside and once I book make a big payment then. Just trying to figure out what advantage their might be for booking a trip that's over a year away now versus later.

Me too! We have known for over a year now that we will be going in April 2015. I've been stalking the sites waiting for prices to come out. I asked a travel agent that specializes in Disney trips and they told me probably July.

Another one just waiting and waiting and waiting for the rates! LOL! We've got our dates picked out and all the "preliminary" plans made. Now we just need to book WDW and our flights (which doesn't happen until 7/21). I hate waiting...:(

When you book your 2015 trip, do you worry about whether a promotion such as this year's free dining will be out or do you just book and then if something is released later you change your booking.

Here's why I ask, because I'm planning on going next October definitely around the time frame that was included in this year's free dining. I saw that allot of the people who already had existing reservations had to wait hours on hold in order to change their reservations to include free dining.

I always book the dates I want without worrying about promotions because it's not always so easy to get the time off from work. I have always been able to add a PIN or free dining without any issue when those promotions have come out later. I consider any discount I get a "bonus". I think it helps keep me from driving myself crazy trying to time everything just perfectly.

I always book the dates I want without worrying about promotions because it's not always so easy to get the time off from work. I have always been able to add a PIN or free dining without any issue when those promotions have come out later. I consider any discount I get a "bonus". I think it helps keep me from driving myself crazy trying to time everything just perfectly.

I agree. And Disney's super about adding discounts to your currently booked trip when they come out. :goodvibes

joining!

We have our cruise booked and need rates for the week before the cruise...

I agree. And Disney's super about adding discounts to your currently booked trip when they come out.

It looks like we'll be there at the same time hsmamainva! Here's to beautiful weather and lots of magic for our vacations...and everyone else's trips too!:goodvibes

We're waiting anxiously too for a January or February trip for our twins 1st trip :)

It looks like we'll be there at the same time hsmamainva! Here's to beautiful weather and lots of magic for our vacations...and everyone else's trips too!:goodvibes

Same to you!!!! Yes it's my college daughter's Spring Break week. This will be her senior year and I thought I'd treat her to a pre-graduation treat! :cloud9:

Last year, I was able to book our May, 2014 vacation on July 12, 2013. I booked our May, 2013 trip on July 11, 2012. I believe that both were booked on the first day that the rates became available. If Disney sticks with the same pattern, the 2015 rates should be out soon.

We were just in Disney (May 24th to June 7th) and I'm already missing it. As soon as the 2015 rates are published, I'm booking our 2015 two week trip.

For the poster who wondered if they should book early, you will probably get different answers. Some think that you should wait until a promotion becomes available and then book. They think that Disney sees that rooms are already booked so there is no need for a promotion. The others (myself included) say to book as soon as you know the dates you want and the prices come out. I haven't paid rack rate for a Disney vacation in, well, I can't remember. I have never had a problem getting a promotion applied to an existing reservation.

Add me to the waiting list. We will be booking for Sept. as soon as they release the packages. I started a Sept 2015 countdown thread under Resorts - Countdown board if anyone wants to join us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter