2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Aunt, stick with us! We will talk you off of the ledge and back into the building of this new Disboards design :hug:. I have a feeling that doing certain things just got a lot easier :thumbsup2. It's like the Dis boards FINALLY joined the 21st century. Perhaps it took them so long to catch up because the powers that be still feared that Y2K would rear it's ghostly head and set their clocks back to 1900 ;) ::yes:: .

~NM

So on this particular thread, are you guys seeing the "go to 1st unread" button? Because it seems to be missing for me on this thread and it always starts on page 1. I was able to click on the last page, but I don't think I should have to do that? Or does it not make a difference? I always want to start reading the most recent post, and work my way back until I get to the posts I have already read.

P.S. I think NateBenMa mentioned the need to buy ice cream before a snowstorm. I should have heeded her advice. We got 10 inches of snow, the guy who is supposed to do my driveway didn't show up, I was stuck in the house... and I had no junk food. I had thought it would force me to eat healthy for a day or two. Big mistake. It just made me cranky. Obviously.

Oh my gosh!! LOL!!! Adding leaf blower to my packing list :)

I always pack the ride on leaf blower as during the warmer months there can be a metric ton of Chair Hogs that need to be blown away!

Figured out the new DiS and secured all my FPs early this morning! Feeling

Sooo.... whatcha get? Are we Mine Training or getting completely soaked on the new Pirates of the Carribbean Tidal wave of Aquatic Terror ride?

So on this particular thread, are you guys seeing the "go to 1st unread" button? Because it seems to be missing for me on this thread and it always starts on page 1. I was able to click on the last page, but I don't think I should have to do that? Or does it not make a difference? I always want to start reading the most recent post, and work my way back until I get to the posts I have already read.

P.S. I think NateBenMa mentioned the need to buy ice cream before a snowstorm. I should have heeded her advice. We got 10 inches of snow, the guy who is supposed to do my driveway didn't show up, I was stuck in the house... and I had no junk food. I had thought it would force me to eat healthy for a day or two. Big mistake. It just made me cranky. Obviously.

The go to First unread button only seems to be around if there are any unread posts. These days this thread is moving at a glacial pace to match the weather so there might not be any "un-reads" by the time you wander back. I, Ninja Mom, am doing my level best to keep the readers of this thread informed and entertained until the rest of the slackers that post here awaken from their slumber and start to post (Nannette I am looking at YOU!).

It almost makes one pine for the days of hysteria surrounding a tiny, partial, pool closure or the "O.M.G.!!!!!! IS THE ENTIRE RESORT SURROUNDED BY WALLS (LIKE THE POLY) DURING THIS LATEST REFURB" postings.

...Then again maybe not.

~NM

I'm here .... been packing for our cruise on Saturday and trying to keep warm. It's only in the 60's here!!! I don't like this new format ... my notices keep going into my junk folder on Hotmail even though I keep telling it to put it in the inbox. And I tried to post a picture and it said it was too big or something.

I'm here .... been packing for our cruise on Saturday and trying to keep warm. It's only in the 60's here!!! I don't like this new format ... my notices keep going into my junk folder on Hotmail even though I keep telling it to put it in the inbox. And I tried to post a picture and it said it was too big or something.

Have a great cruise Teena, I am jealous.
Here in the Boston area we set a record for the most snow over 10 days ever. They have been keeping records since the late 1800's. And to add insult to injury it was 4 F when I went out to work this morning - 18 wind chill factor. It is hard for me to breathe at that temp.
Have Fun!!

Have a great cruise Teena, I am jealous.
Here in the Boston area we set a record for the most snow over 10 days ever. They have been keeping records since the late 1800's. And to add insult to injury it was 4 F when I went out to work this morning - 18 wind chill factor. It is hard for me to breathe at that temp.
Have Fun!!

I remember those days in Harrisburg. With the wind chill it would be below zero and walking to the parking lot at work into work you would get so chilled that it kept with you the entire day. Guess I shouldn't be upset with the 60's we've been having. But darn, when I went out to feed my sandhill cranes this morning in the backyard, it was really chilly!!

Dee,

I have photos of the Room Service dining menus that I took in August 2014.

Now that I don't have to be a rocket scientist to post pics, I can post them if you need them.

Oh Teena enjoy packing and I am sure you are so looking forward to that cruise and getting to warmer weather! We have friends staying at the YC CL as of today and I am totally jealous. They sent me a picture of them swimming in SAB, so, I guess people from farther north think it is warm. :rotfl2:(and it took me a few minutes to find this guy with the new format).

Rebecca

We are at Poly (maybe...if construction is mostly done) from 8/14-8/19, then we move to BC from 8/19-8/23.

Still very on the fence about Poly, as it was never my dream resort to begin with, but DP has always wanted to stay there, and we could not be the "magical" price we got. I am keeping an eye on construction almost daily. If the quiet pool is really torn up and or any of the restaurants are down for refurbishment, we will be jumping ship.

Looks like we'll miss again!! You'll be leaving just as we're arriving!! We jumped ship last August to GF, you may remember. Because of Nanea pool closure, but quiet pool closing doesn't matter to me. I hope the restaurants wI'll be open, but there's enough dining in the area to keep me happy. GF is just one monorail stop away. And Epcot area is also!
Will also be keeping an eye on Tikiman updates! I think we'll most likely stick to Poly, as you say, can't beat the deal! And I can get my Tonga Toast at Cooks!
Hope this August isn't as HOT!

Hey all...trying this trip report thing out...writing one on our trip to Tokyo Disney Resort last summer. Just got started...check it out...even if you want to match a name to an ugly face!!! LOL! Link is in my signature!

Sooo.... whatcha get? Are we Mine Training or getting completely soaked on the new Pirates of the Carribbean Tidal wave of Aquatic Terror ride?[/QUOTE

We are going mining! It's hard since my kids range from 3-12...tried to get a little something for everyone!

Hello. Loving the new pictures everyone is posting! I have to dig some up too!! Anyone figure out how to subscribe? I see Watched Forums. Is that the new subscribe? Hmm.

Long time readers groupies of the thread will recall that at one time we had managed to capture Johnny Depp and keep him chained in the closet of the Fantasy Beach Club Suite of imaginary rooms.

Johnny-johnny-depp-31158283-373-500.jpg

Unfortunately, it seems that he got out and is going to get married to some sexy trollop this weekend. In light of this tragic event I'd like to remind thread readers that it is imperative that we keep the door to the fantasy closet locked at all times. Do not be fooled by enticements that the sultry male strumpets we keep in this closet will make, stating that they will help with suite chores like refilling the margarita machine or take out the trash. This is just a ruse to facilitate their untimely departure from our clutches!

~NM

Hello. Loving the new pictures everyone is posting! I have to dig some up too!! Anyone figure out how to subscribe? I see Watched Forums. Is that the new subscribe? Hmm.
Everything I've previously subscribed to is now under "watched threads" ....though I haven't subscribed to anything new since the conversion, so not sure how to add a thread?

Everything I've previously subscribed to is now under "watched threads" ....though I haven't subscribed to anything new since the conversion, so not sure how to add a thread?
i can see the option to watch this thread when I reply to a post and choose "more options".

page 143-145

Had a series of replies in process yesterday, but the DIS ate them. Trying again.

It's not super-recent info, but as of August 2014, the machines took quarters. There was a change machine in the laundry room but it was finicky. Next time I'm going in prepared with a bag of quarters. I used the credit card system at AoA earlier that stay and I wish Y&BC would switch over (and get some better washers and dryers!).

Thanks for this info. Can't remember if I have greeted you in this or a previous thread, but just in case

:welcome:

We will be there May 15-20. The number I got from the conference confirmation won't link with MDE? In any case I am super excited! We are surprising out boys with the trip. They are 9&11. We are picking them up from school on that Friday and taking them straight to the airport. I am a big trip planner to this is very odd for me to take a "go with the flow" trip! I have covertly been asking questions like magic band color!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

Wow, maybe now I can post my own pics :-) lol

:cheer2:

Every resort has that "little something" that makes it special and evokes good feelings when you remember your stay. What's YOUR favorite thing about the beach/yacht club?

In addition to visiting with Teena when she is working, I love the quick trip to the World Showcase. I have made the trip to Morocco for takeout and back to the Beach Club to eat on our balcony in less than 30 minutes.

::yes::

Oh BOY! I dig this new board; very clean!
Dee, the Fabulous and Wonderful, could you add me to the Be Our Guest list for Sept. 4-12? We are buying into DVC :-)jumping1:) and staying at BCV for the first time!

Edit: well, the smilies are um… no longer jumping as they were from my add. Weird.

:welcome: back and :welcome: home!!!

Congrats on your DVC purchase.

I will add you to the list.

:banana::banana::banana:

Hooray...I can finally easily post my recent visit's photos, without trying to figure out how to do it.

BC room 4545 was recently refurbed, and I was probably one of the first guests to occupy the newly-redone room, which had two queens, but no daybed.

The room had a full balcony and overlooked the Quiet Pool and Boardwalk.

Hopefully, the pics will give a better idea of what some of the new features and furnishings look like. I will post a follow-up, as I was only allowed to attach 10 photos with this post.

All in all, the room looked very nice. However, the Roman shades simply let in too much of the very bright light from around the Quiet Pool, as they are mounted too far away from the door lite's surface. I fear that the attractive but light-colored carpet will become increasingly more stained. Its multi-level loop texture was already showing pulls and snags.

The wall switches were just the right height to operate the bedside lighting, while lying in bed. The lighted magnifying mirror, above the sink/vanity area (can't remember details about old mirror)is a nice feature.

As can be seen in photo, the desk and table combo are very similar to the old pieces; the new desk has outlets for charging/connecting devices (electrical +USB), as does the bedside table.

There are more photos, which will be posted in a follow-up.

Okay, so now that posting photos is so easy, I'll post some more from my recent visit to the BC. The photos were taken in my refurbed 4th floor room.

Though I have personally experienced some poorly-soundproofed guest rooms, during prior visits, I must admit that the room was very quiet, this time, except for hearing the two kids swimming in the Quiet Pool after 8:30 PM. For the life of me, I don't understand how they could be having so much fun in the pool, when the temp outside was in the mid 40s. Brrrrrrr!

The new bathroom flooring looks like wood laminate, but I believe it's actually ceramic tile. As somebody else mentioned, the flooring now extends into the sink/vanity area, with a wide threshold dividing that area from the fully-carpeted hall and sleeping area. The new light-colored carpet would not survive very long at the sink area, before showing soiling and wear.

View attachment 436

Thanks so much for these posts with all of the great pictures and your thoughtful comments. I am going to quote these over on the BC view thread if you haven't already.

:thumbsup2

Well, it seems like for now, some of us are only getting notifications for threads we've posted on today, so here's my post:

Gorgeous picture!!! Thanks for sharing.

Oh my gosh, Thank you.

Can't remember if I have welcomed you here, so :welcome:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter