2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited. I'm staying deluxe for the first time this Sept. I just changed from AKL savanna room to BC garden view I requested patio or balcony 2 queen beds. We will see what I get. I love eating at cape may cafe and have always end loved the lobby. So I'm excited about my stay here. It offered for for us than AKL did. While I wanted the animal view BC just seemed the best choice for us.

Any tips for first timers?

Reading through the first few pages of this thread is the best thing you can do!! Dee (Natebenma) does a wonderful job keeping things updated, despite being buried in 23 feet of snow!

BTW...I posted an update to our Tokyo Disney Resort trip report last night! Check it out! Exactly four months until we are eating the Kitchen Sink! :mickeybar

In room dining menus (from July 2014).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    691.2 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    655.3 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    669.3 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    628.2 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    674.6 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 124
In room dining menus, continued (from July 2014).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    762.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    697.1 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    755.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
^ thanks I'll request the elevators. Do those rooms have patios and or /balconies too?

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! :wave2:
Add us to the guest list! We'll be staying at BCV April 6-8 before sailing on the Wonder. I read through the first post about BC renovations and I'm wondering, did they start work on BCV yet? I'm glad they're finally doing it. Since it will be Easter week, we really have no desire to navigate the mobs of people in the parks so we thought we'd just relax at SAB and do some resort activities. (campfire, MUTS, etc.) :drinking1 Are they still doing renovations there also?
We have stayed at BCV twice in the past and both times there was a fluke cold spell that kept us out of the pool. I'm determined to get in that pool!

I'm excited. I'm staying deluxe for the first time this Sept. I just changed from AKL savanna room to BC garden view I requested patio or balcony 2 queen beds. We will see what I get. I love eating at cape may cafe and have always end loved the lobby. So I'm excited about my stay here. It offered for for us than AKL did. While I wanted the animal view BC just seemed the best choice for us.

I don't really have any tips but I have stayed at BC and at AKL savanna view and you definitely made the right move. AKL felt so far away from the parks (except AK) and yes, it's beautiful and well themed, but we just feel that staying at BC is closer to the magic, if that makes sense. We just love everything about the BC, the location, the views, the theming. :cloud9:

Just trying out the new boards. Really liking them. I hope Dee, Teena, NinjaMom, etc. are doing well.

Looking forward to trying a Sunken Treasure again someday, but for now enjoying the amazing amount of snow in central Massachusetts

Read the first again! So much great information! Can't wait for September!

One question -we land on late 27 March and have booked to stay at the airport.
Can we check in early at the hotel around 10am on 28 and leave our bags and head to the park?
Can't wait to 16:00 because we already have ADR at the Royal Table.

We just paid up our balance and now super excited -all that's left to sort out are our park tickets and maybe car hire
Heading to Beach Club to stay club level lagoon/pool view on March 28th - staying with partner, sister in law and our 2 nieces and nephew.
I'm more excited about them. Our first stay on site!

Can we check in early at the hotel around 10am on 28 and leave our bags and head to the park?

We just paid up our balance and now super excited -all that's left to sort out are our park tickets and maybe car hire
Heading to Beach Club to stay club level lagoon/pool view on March 28th - staying with partner, sister in law and our 2 nieces and nephew.

You can certainly check in early in the morning ... even before 10 AM. Bell Services will hold your bags for you, you can go to the parks and then you will get a text message telling you when your room is ready and the room number. Sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned!!

Thanks for the menu's! There's more than one thing on there I'm going to have to try. Still haven't decided on a room location request yet (probably cause I'm just plain excited to be staying there in the first place lol) I'll wait until online check in begins probably and just pick something. I'm reasonably flexible though cause the resort in general is in a fantastic location.

Have a great cruise, Teena! We sailed on the Fantasy in 2013 and it was amazing. We are looking forward to our Fantasy cruise later this year. Are you doing an Eastern or Western?

Hi all,

Is anyone at Beach/Yacht Club right now? Could you tell us if they started working on the lazy river yet?

Thanks

I just made a reservation today and spoke to someone in the maintenance dept (not sure exactly, I was transferred from Beach Club's main number) He told me they were working on the slide and the snorkeling area. He didn't mention the lazy river. I'll be there Tuesday and will check for you and report back...

My family and I are going to WDW 5/30 through 6/7. We'll be at the CR through the 6th. Just booked a CL room at the YC for our last night (5/6-7). I had to get my Stormalong Bay fix! The BC was full, or else we'd have gone over there. Looking forward to the stay!

Have a great cruise, Teena! We sailed on the Fantasy in 2013 and it was amazing. We are looking forward to our Fantasy cruise later this year. Are you doing an Eastern or Western?
This is an eastern with stops at Puerto Rico and st. Thomas. I'm back on the fantasy on march 28 ..another eastern but its st. Maarten and Puerto Rico. I'm not a fan of western although we've done at least ten.

^ thanks I'll request the elevators. Do those rooms have patios and or /balconies too?
Most first floor rooms have patios; only about half of the upper floor rooms have balconies, and only some of them are large enough to have chairs.

If you would like a patio or balcony, ask that a special request for one be noted on your reservation. If you want a balcony, ask for a FULL balcony, so that you can actually sit out on it.

And, yes, some of those are close to the elevators.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

The rooms with full balconies are located all throughout the resort, so some will be near elevators and some not. Make sure you list your requests in priority order so the room assigners know what is most important to you. For example "Full balcony, please. Near elevator if possible."

:thumbsup2

Reading through the first few pages of this thread is the best thing you can do!! Dee (Natebenma) does a wonderful job keeping things updated, despite being buried in 23 feet of snow!

BTW...I posted an update to our Tokyo Disney Resort trip report last night! Check it out! Exactly four months until we are eating the Kitchen Sink! :mickeybar

Thanks for the kind words!!!

We are hunkering down for more snow over the next 3 days. "Lucky" us, we are in the jackpot ocean effect zone.

:scared1:

In room dining menus (from July 2014).

In room dining menus, continued (from July 2014).

Thank you so much for posting these!!! I am going to link these two posts to the Dining section on Page 1.

:goodvibes:

Hi Everyone! :wave2:
Add us to the guest list! We'll be staying at BCV April 6-8 before sailing on the Wonder. I read through the first post about BC renovations and I'm wondering, did they start work on BCV yet? I'm glad they're finally doing it. Since it will be Easter week, we really have no desire to navigate the mobs of people in the parks so we thought we'd just relax at SAB and do some resort activities. (campfire, MUTS, etc.) :drinking1 Are they still doing renovations there also?
We have stayed at BCV twice in the past and both times there was a fluke cold spell that kept us out of the pool. I'm determined to get in that pool!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

As far as I know, the work on the villas has not started. I have heard that the work there will start when the BC rooms are about 75% complete, and will continue before and while the YC rooms are worked on.

Waiting on live reports from poolside- My understanding is that the normal winter maintenance is taking place now, with the work on the slide/snorkel area now completed. Work on lazy river should be happening now and is scheduled to be completed in early March.

::yes::

Just trying out the new boards. Really liking them. I hope Dee, Teena, NinjaMom, etc. are doing well.

Looking forward to trying a Sunken Treasure again someday, but for now enjoying the amazing amount of snow in central Massachusetts

:wave:

Always good to see you poking your head here, at least once a year, like that pesky groundhog who has cursed us with 6 more weeks of this cr@p!

:lmao:

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

As Teena replied, yes you can check in, leave your bags and go to a park even if our room is not ready.

:woohoo:

Hi all,

Is anyone at Beach/Yacht Club right now? Could you tell us if they started working on the lazy river yet?

Thanks

BUMP!!!

Need a live update on what is happening at SAB!

::yes::

I just made a reservation today and spoke to someone in the maintenance dept (not sure exactly, I was transferred from Beach Club's main number) He told me they were working on the slide and the snorkeling area. He didn't mention the lazy river. I'll be there Tuesday and will check for you and report back...

I'll add you as a last minute addition to the Be Our Guest list.

That is not the answer I would expect about the pool maintenance. We have been told by guests in late Jan that work on the slide/snorkel area was finished ahead of schedule and that those areas are now open. We have not heard definitively if the work on the lazy river, which is scheduled through Feb/early March, has started ahead of schedule.

If we don't see an answer before you get there, we would love a live update!

Thanks!

:)

My family and I are going to WDW 5/30 through 6/7. We'll be at the CR through the 6th. Just booked a CL room at the YC for our last night (5/6-7). I had to get my Stormalong Bay fix! The BC was full, or else we'd have gone over there. Looking forward to the stay!

:wave2:

:welcome: back!

Good to see you here again.

I'll add you to the list for your visit.

:cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter