• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone with a dairy allergy in their family stayed at the BC/YC? i'd like to hear some personal experiences. let me know here and i'll pm you or pm me. thanks!

do you think it's necessary to request "a room near transportation"?

can someone tell me where in the yacht club would be "close to transportation." my husband is at a convention at the S&D, so we were aiming for an area close to S&D, but i want to balance that with being close to transportation for me & the kids, because we decided to go without a rental car.

p.s. we have a 5th guest in our room, so we get daybed priority regardless of our other requests, right?

has anyone with a dairy allergy in their family stayed at the BC/YC? i'd like to hear some personal experiences. let me know here and i'll pm you or pm me. thanks!

I have and I am again tonight! I am allergic to gluten. They have BABYCAKES at the BC marketplace and are great about allergies at all disney restaurants and quick service. If you have any specific questions let me know

A

I'm still really behind on the thread, so I will catch up soon, and post some pictures on the Princess Lily thread, but these are just too darned cute not to share now!!!

I can't believe how big Lily looks now! She looks so tall!!

Great pics and what a beautiful, blessed young lady!!

Jay

Every year we book a Bounceback for the last week of August right before we check out. This year the first day starts on the 20th, which is a Thursday. For whatever reason airfare on JetBlue out of Boston on a Thursday is way more money than leaving on a Wednesday, the day we always leave. So I was thinking that instead of spending an extra $300-400 on airfare, why not just book a single night at the BC a day earlier. If I'm going to spend the extra money, I might as well spend it on an extra day in the World. My free dining won't kick in until Thursday but we can just eat counter service our first day. I also checked on adding a day to our Park Hopper Passes and it would only be another $42 for the 4 of us.

Has anyone else ever done anything similar? We have always just booked our Bounceback and traveled on a Wednesday. Just curious if others have done this and if it worked out ok.

Disney Dreaming on this cold winters day!!!

Jay

Somewhat silly question but...
I loved the smell in the lobby at the Beach Club when we were there. This time around, I switched to YC to get a substantial discount. Does the YC lobby have the same smell? LOL

Yes, if you just want to have one while at the park, they have them for rent, on a first-come, first-served basis at the gift shop at the International Gateway.

When an off-site scooter rental was late in being delivered to us a few years ago, we had no problem renting one at EPCOT's International Gateway, where both scooters and wheelchairs are available.

If you will be park-hopping, keep this in mind:

More info:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/wheelchair-rentals/

Thank you for the info. I may also consider renting offsite but just have never done that before so not familiar with the company's.

Every year we book a Bounceback for the last week of August right before we check out. This year the first day starts on the 20th, which is a Thursday. For whatever reason airfare on JetBlue out of Boston on a Thursday is way more money than leaving on a Wednesday, the day we always leave. So I was thinking that instead of spending an extra $300-400 on airfare, why not just book a single night at the BC a day earlier. If I'm going to spend the extra money, I might as well spend it on an extra day in the World. My free dining won't kick in until Thursday but we can just eat counter service our first day. I also checked on adding a day to our Park Hopper Passes and it would only be another $42 for the 4 of us.

Has anyone else ever done anything similar? We have always just booked our Bounceback and traveled on a Wednesday. Just curious if others have done this and if it worked out ok.

Jay

We've done this, but in our case, we booked the extra night at the end of the trip. I thought it might be fun to try a different resort, so we moved to POR for one night. In retrospect, I would rather have stayed put (we were at the YC). Not because POR wasn't nice. It was actually lovely. But one night didn't give us a chance to get a feel for the resort.

I would definitely book the extra night - even if it's not included in your BB offer, could you have it added to the existing reservation so you don't have to switch rooms? If I had to spend the extra money, I'd definitely put it to another night at Disney, rather than airfare.

can someone tell me where in the yacht club would be "close to transportation." my husband is at a convention at the S&D, so we were aiming for an area close to S&D, but i want to balance that with being close to transportation for me & the kids, because we decided to go without a rental car.

p.s. we have a 5th guest in our room, so we get daybed priority regardless of our other requests, right?

That is a little hard to answer because there are many ways to get where you want to go from the YC. If you want to go to MK or AK, the bus stop is off the lobby. If you want to take a boat to Epcot or DHS, the boat dock is on the lake side of the resort. Some resort rooms will be really close to the boat dock but far from the bus stop. The same with walking to Epcot or DHS - some rooms will be close to those parks for walking but far to the bus stop for MK and AK. And then if you want a room that is the closest in walking distance to the S&D then it will be farthest from the buses.

You could request a room near the lobby, and then you would be close to everything except the S&D. :)

I had the exact situation a couple of years ago. The only issue is you say you have free dining? Unless they will let you add a day to the beginning of your package with the free dining as well, you will have to do a room only reservation and your park tickets will not be activated until your package day starts.
I had to spend the day at downtown disney cause the disney castmember said the park tickets were tied to my package and my package didn't start until the next day.

Jay

Well, after 7 days at Disneyworld in September 2013, I thought it would be years before we would return, but my family is going to be back for two days out of a slightly longer Florida trip. My wife and son insisted on the Beach Club.

Now the question is whether to go to Epcot on Monday and Magic Kingdom on Tuesday or vice-versa.

Truly look forward to being back at the Beach Club, where we made so many memories, even if only for a short while, and seeing the renovations!

Magic is always busiest on Monday and better on Tuesday what month are you going ?

I see now February calendar here ... It looks like Epcot is green on Monday and Magic green on Tuesday! It also looks like Hollywood has extra magic hours on Monday night if you wanted to squeeze that park in also!

http://www.easywdw.com/feb15-v4.jpg

Hi everyone! :wave2: After a quick 4 night stay at YC this fall, we have decided to make a couple of changes for our summer trip - one that included a switch to Beach Club CL! Woohoo! :cheer2: We will be arriving on July 7th and staying until July 14th (this is after a 7 night stay at Poly CL) - We are so excited as we LOVED the convenience of it's location - walking to 2 parks was amazing! - and we loved SAB! :thumbsup2 Hopefully we will see Teena on this trip - last summer we ran into her at GF in the pool as my daughter was playing with her granddaughter! It was so cute! :goodvibes

Is it summer yet? :confused3

Somewhat silly question but I loved the smell in the lobby at the Beach Club when we were there. This time around, I switched to YC to get a substantial discount. Does the YC lobby have the same smell?
Sorry but no, it is a different scent but one that i think you will find just as nice as the one at the BC.

WoodNymph has already responded but I thought i'd throw my two-cents in too on this. The best answer I can give you is to direct you to page one of this thread and have you look at the layout of the resort. The bus transportation is off the lobby in the front. The boat transportation is off the lobby in the back. Now if you have access to the secret entrance by the gazebo the boat dock is really close. However, the S&D is nowhere "near" any of this (but it really isn't "far, far, away" either). So, if the DH doesn't mind walking, ask for a room close to the lobby if you want to cut down your steps. If you are the thoughtful DW and want your husband to be well rested and ready for his grueling meetings during the day, you will ask for the room to be close to the S&D so that you get the exercise getting to the transportation. Either way, make good use of the secret entrances (aka fire escapes) on the lake-side of the property. Neither of you will regret it. As far as the room request goes, check out what is posted on this topic on page one of the thread and I think you will be happy with the answer you find.

Katesdad

Jay

We did this for the WL. It will be two different reservations. You will probably have a different room, but they will try to get you the same one so you won't have to move. The only thing you'll have to remember is that after your first night you have to go back to the lobby and check-out, settle any charges from that night (like magic band charges), then check-in to your next reservation. We had no problems doing this.

The bonus, you will get a second set of magic bands for the second reservation. :cheer2:

~Cari~ pluto:

Hi everyone! :wave2: After a quick 4 night stay at YC this fall, we have decided to make a couple of changes for our summer trip - one that included a switch to Beach Club CL! Woohoo! :cheer2: We will be arriving on July 7th and staying until July 14th (this is after a 7 night stay at Poly CL) - We are so excited as we LOVED the convenience of it's location - walking to 2 parks was amazing! - and we loved SAB! :thumbsup2 Hopefully we will see Teena on this trip - last summer we ran into her at GF in the pool as my daughter was playing with her granddaughter! It was so cute! :goodvibes

Is it summer yet? :confused3

Lily and Jeanne are here now and we were actually talking about you yesterday.

Jeanne and Lily will be here then but we will be done our Disney stay. Thats in june. On the 7th, 8th and 9th we will be doing parks in the mornings from our house and on the 11th we check into a condo at the beach for a week. So I won't be at work while you are there unfortunately. Your daughter will love Stormalong Bay!!!!

Maybe we can meet up at one of the parks though!

Lily and Jeanne are here now and we were actually talking about you yesterday.

Jeanne and Lily will be here then but we will be done our Disney stay. Thats in june. On the 7th, 8th and 9th we will be doing parks in the mornings from our house and on the 11th we check into a condo at the beach for a week. So I won't be at work while you are there unfortunately. Your daughter will love Stormalong Bay!!!!

Maybe we can meet up at one of the parks though!

That's so funny - anytime we talk about our summer stay, DD4 always talks about her friend from the pool! :-) I know she would love to see Lily again! How fun to do a week at the beach! We'll be in parks those mornings too so it would be fun to get them together again!

Somewhat silly question but...
I loved the smell in the lobby at the Beach Club when we were there. This time around, I switched to YC to get a substantial discount. Does the YC lobby have the same smell? LOL

The Yacht Club, lobby smells nice, it just has a different scent. I'm not sure what it is.

Since I spend way too much time hanging out in the value resorts I have come develop my own means to envelop myself in delicious, high end scents.

febreze_c_232117.jpg

I have carefully crafted a velcro cowgirl holster in which I have loaded 2 jumbo, value sized bottles of Febreeze. I regularly run through the lobby of P(L)op Century , liberally dousing everything nailed down with buckets of Febreeze.

I think of this as a service to my fellow "Ploppers" who know not the lusciousness that is the lobby in the Beach Club.

~NM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter