• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
TY very much Dee!!!! Do you think that means I could use the gym, then use the sauna without purchasing any services at the spa?

I am wondering exactly where the sauna is located. And where is the spa in relation to the workout room and sauna?

TIA for any advice!!!

I hope that is what it means.

That is why I would like someone who was just there to let me know what is in the info packet/directory of services you get when you check in. This info is all from before the recent policy change restricting the use of the locker room and showers to guests who have a spa reservation.

To the best of my knowledge resort guests can still use the equipment in the health club, but I don't work out on vacation (or ever), so I can't verify this.

;)

Oh...wow. Maybe tonight if you're back in your room in time, see if you can see some sort of fireworks from your balcony. Maybe that would constitute the TPV comment... Otherwise, have a great trip -- we love the BC and will be there Easter week!

I'm hoping to see some fireworks, to help convince me this is TPV :lmao:

We are stuck in the room right now because of thunder, lightning and rain....lots of rain, so I don't know if Illuminations will go off tonight.

We have and ADR for 50s Prime Time tonight at 7:30. I hope the rain lets up! We are probably going to forfeit our FPs at HS tonight as well....no fun in the pouring rain.

OK, this is what is says in the current Directory of Services you receive upon checkin (Thanks, MickeyT)

Ship Shape Massage, Salon and Fitness
Adjacent to Storm Along Bay Pool
Full service facilities with strength training equipment, cardio equipment massages and facials. Fitness Center open 24 hours with Magic Band or card access.

To book a massage or facial please press Massage/Health Club on your in room phone

I hope that is what it means.

That is why I would like someone who was just there to let me know what is in the info packet/directory of services you get when you check in. This info is all from before the recent policy change restricting the use of the locker room and showers to guests who have a spa reservation.

To the best of my knowledge resort guests can still use the equipment in the health club, but I don't work out on vacation (or ever), so I can't verify this.

;)

LOL, thanks!! I only do a little workout, like walking ( around 2 miles) light arm weights, then my treat is to sit in the sauna for about 15 minutes. I would do this very early, probably around 5 am.

I think I will call the resort directly to be sure I am able to use this facility.

Thank you so much for helping me out!!!!

How do you tour the parks? My family always goes to the early morning EMH park, so if you are concentrating on AK/MK during a POR stay and EP/HS this strategy might not line up. But during spring break, there may be multiple parks open earlier than normal.

Do you usually go to one park during the day or do you hop? Beach Club is an awesome resort if you are hopping or even going to other resorts to dine because you can take Disney transportation back to EP or HS and spend time there before returning to your room.

If you will be dining in EPCOT a lot, or visiting a lot at night, BC can't be beat.

Are you going to be spending any time in DTD?

Good points! We also did the island hop for our honeymoon in Hawaii. I suppose I could remind DH of that and how it wasn't bad. ;)

EMH are actually not our thing. We are much more leisurely, go with the flow kind of people. I even gave up our Seven Dwarfs FP during our June trip because my DH and DS really wanted to sleep in! :eek:

We do like to park hop. Since the flower and garden festival is going on during the time we're looking at going we will want to be popping into epcot often (which is why we wouldn't just do POR). And DTD annoyed us the last time we went there. Too crowded, and not worth the hassle.

Overall, I imagine this next trip to be foodie-focused and leisurely. It's all about the restaurants (and food booths) and enjoying the resorts. Of course we will still enjoy the rides/shows/etc. but it will not be a run-run-run trip.

~Cari~ pluto:

For me, if staying at Beach Club would mean fewer nights at Disney, I would pick POR every time. In fact, I would stay at POR the entire trip and bump it to 7 nights! Especially during a busy spring break week when you may not get as much done each day because of the crowds. I also like the idea of a seamless vacation now that there are fast passes & magic bands, etc....

Thanks for this. I love the look of POR and want to check it out, but I really want the BC for all its loveliness as well. Plus, DH is harder to convince that Disney needs to be a regular trip, so I don't have the flexibility to do what I want on the next trip because I'm not sure how long I have to wait for it:

DH: "There are other places in the world to visit, ya know."
Me: "Yeah, that's what Epcot is for."

~Cari~ pluto:

Thanks for this. I love the look of POR and want to check it out, but I really want the BC for all its loveliness as well. Plus, DH is harder to convince that Disney needs to be a regular trip, so I don't have the flexibility to do what I want on the next trip because I'm not sure how long I have to wait for it:

DH: "There are other places in the world to visit, ya know."
Me: "Yeah, that's what Epcot is for."

~Cari~ pluto:

As you can see from my signature (and by the fact that I am on this thread!), I also enjoy the BC and I am heading back on Feb 1. I can't argue w/ wanting the stay at the BC! Not sure what I was thinking suggesting that you only stay at POR :)

Thanks for this. I love the look of POR and want to check it out, but I really want the BC for all its loveliness as well. Plus, DH is harder to convince that Disney needs to be a regular trip, so I don't have the flexibility to do what I want on the next trip because I'm not sure how long I have to wait for it: DH: "There are other places in the world to visit, ya know." Me: "Yeah, that's what Epcot is for." ~Cari~ pluto:
DH and I have this conversation EVERY time we start planning a WDW trip! LOL! Then we go and he admits it was awesome....give him time! :)

We arrived! We were greeted and taken to check in.We checked in about 8:30am this morning. Our room wasn't ready so we dropped our luggage with Bell Services and drove over to Animal Kingdom.

So we are at BCV and I had requested an upper floor and water view (initally so that we might face the quiet pool) but then noticed that Water View wasn't an option any longer on the online check in. When I asked this morning, we were told we had a 'Theme Park' view. Ok, no problem that is different!

This... Is our view.

Not quite happy with it, and we are about a mile from the Villas lobby, but I am at Disney and that's what matters.
Bell Services was quite quick in delivering our luggage when we called for it, so that's a plus :)

Maybe they consider that a Test Track view ;)

Jay

Are there wheelchairs available to rent at the International gateway entrance to Epcot? I don't recall there being bus service to the main entrance and we will be needing a wheelchair each day.

Are there wheelchairs available to rent at the International gateway entrance to Epcot? I don't recall there being bus service to the main entrance and we will be needing a wheelchair each day.

Have you considered renting one from one of the companies around Orlando? I used one back in 2009 (I'd torn two muscles in my left calf and could NOT put in the miles) and it was nice to know it was always available for me and I could bring it with me.

Yes, if you just want to have one while at the park, they have them for rent, on a first-come, first-served basis at the gift shop at the International Gateway.

When an off-site scooter rental was late in being delivered to us a few years ago, we had no problem renting one at EPCOT's International Gateway, where both scooters and wheelchairs are available.

If you will be park-hopping, keep this in mind:

Multi-Park Wheelchair Rentals
Wheelchairs cannot be removed from the theme park in which they were rented. When visiting more than one park per day, simply return your wheelchair to receive your deposit. Then, present your rental receipt at the second theme park to secure a replacement wheelchair, if available, at no additional charge.

More info:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/wheelchair-rentals/

I have been reading through a lot of this thread & it has so much helpful info. Thank you! One thing I've noticed here is that there seems to be a lot of discussion & concern over getting a Club Level room. When I have looked at prices of these rooms on another site they are sooooo much higher than a regular room. Can anyone tell me the benefit of staying in a CL room, other than the lounge that has light breakfast food, snacks, beer & wine? This alone cannot justify the high cost, can it???

Checking in Wednesday September 2nd. Will probably be there around 11:00am. I doubt a room would be ready that early? Would we be allowed to change in a bathroom then hang out at the pool?

Checking in Wednesday September 2nd. Will probably be there around 11:00am. I doubt a room would be ready that early? Would we be allowed to change in a bathroom then hang out at the pool?

We have arrived on Wednesdays around 11am - 11:30am at the YC, the BC and WL and have had our room ready each time. (We like to travel on Wednesdays). We did online check in and maybe that helped. But if your room isn't ready then you would be able to use the pool after you check in. There are bathrooms located near the pools. :)

Can anyone tell me the benefit of staying in a CL room, other than the lounge that has light breakfast food, snacks, beer & wine? This alone cannot justify the high cost, can it???
For those that have used CL services (I have not) the breakfast, snacks, deserts, and drinks are a major factor in why they choose that option. You also have the service of the resort staff dedicated to the CL guests for making reservations and other arrangements. They can be very helpful. If you are a person that likes to control the whole Disney experience then this particular benefit will not be as beneficial as it is for those willing to let others help. The CL rooms aren't any "nicer" than a regular room. When you check in you do it with the hotel staff on the fifth floor, not with the staff at the front desk which heightens the CL experience. It's just a way to pamper yourself while staying at WDW. You should look at the thread on this forum dedicated to just the CL experience if you want more information. I find it to be very entertaining at times.

Katesdad

I have been reading through a lot of this thread & it has so much helpful info. Thank you! One thing I've noticed here is that there seems to be a lot of discussion & concern over getting a Club Level room. When I have looked at prices of these rooms on another site they are sooooo much higher than a regular room. Can anyone tell me the benefit of staying in a CL room, other than the lounge that has light breakfast food, snacks, beer & wine? This alone cannot justify the high cost, can it???

I find that if your room includes a family of 4 & you are able to book using a 30% off code, that the cost is justified. Also, it is super convenient to have breakfast right there for you.....there are also appetizers in the evenings & if we had a big lunch that day, the apps and beer/wine are all we need in the evening.....until they bring out the desserts! I think it is totally worth it for a family of 4. My upcoming trip will just be my husband & myself - we chose a non-CL room this time since it will just be the 2 of us.

We will be staying at BC Sept 12-20. So excited! First time staying on property. Celebrating our 5th anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter