• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a standard room booked at the beach club. What area of the resort should I request if I want to be away from early morning noise (trucks outside and noisy vacationers running down the halls on the inside, etc)? Is there anywhere safe from these things??

We have a standard room booked at the beach club. What area of the resort should I request if I want to be away from early morning noise (trucks outside and noisy vacationers running down the halls on the inside, etc)? Is there anywhere safe from these things??

The trucks are near the Yacht Club end of the resort, so if you request a room close to Epcot, you would be safe from most early morning noise. There is nothing you can do about noisy people in the hall, but since there aren't any standard rooms on the ground floor, you really shouldn't have to worry about a lot of traffic. :)

Hi all! We are checking in at the YC tomorrow :-)dance3:) for a quick adults-only three-night stay. We've stayed at the BC and BCV before, but never the YC for some reason... I guess since the more casual BC theme appeals to us more, but we thought we'd switch it up this time since we booked GV and those views seem to be better at the YC. So looking forward to giving it a try! And to indulging in a No Way Jose too, of course... :goodvibes

If anyone has any questions that they would like answered while we are there, just let me know and I'll try to respond!

It still hasn't even hit me that we'll be there at this time tomorrow! :cloud9:

That's so funny - anytime we talk about our summer stay, DD4 always talks about her friend from the pool! :-) I know she would love to see Lily again! How fun to do a week at the beach! We'll be in parks those mornings too so it would be fun to get them together again!

The 7th we will be at Epcot in the morning and have lunch at Norway at 12:25. On the 8th we will be at Animal Kingdom and have lunch at Tusker House at 12:55. Then plan on Hollywood Studios with no lunch plans on the 9th and on the 10th Magic Kingdom with no lunch plans. We'd love to see you!!!

The 7th we will be at Epcot in the morning and have lunch at Norway at 12:25. On the 8th we will be at Animal Kingdom and have lunch at Tusker House at 12:55. Then plan on Hollywood Studios with no lunch plans on the 9th and on the 10th Magic Kingdom with no lunch plans. We'd love to see you!!!

We will be at Epcot on the 7th with a B&C lunch and AK on the 8th as well! On the 9th we are going to TL for the first time. Hopefully we will get to meet up at one of those locations! :-)

So, MickeyT is headed home from his Disney family marathon trip, but before leaving he and his wife attended a little-known private princess breakfast at Trail's End Restaurant.

They met up with Princess Lily, Princess Jeanne and the Fairy Grandmother (better known as Nanny):

:goodvibes

The Yacht Club, lobby smells nice, it just has a different scent. I'm not sure what it is.

Since I spend way too much time hanging out in the value resorts I have come develop my own means to envelop myself in delicious, high end scents.

febreze_c_232117.jpg

I have carefully crafted a velcro cowgirl holster in which I have loaded 2 jumbo, value sized bottles of Febreeze. I regularly run through the lobby of P(L)op Century , liberally dousing everything nailed down with buckets of Febreeze.

I think of this as a service to my fellow "Ploppers" who know not the lusciousness that is the lobby in the Beach Club.

~NM

Hi all! We are checking in at the YC tomorrow :-)dance3:) for a quick adults-only three-night stay. We've stayed at the BC and BCV before, but never the YC for some reason...

If anyone has any questions that they would like answered while we are there, just let me know and I'll try to respond!

I have a question... will you let us know if you see anyone running around the Yacht Club Lobby with a cowgirl holster filled with giant jugs of Febreeze velcroed to their sides? I need to know if I should be jealous that someone stole my idea.

~NM

What is the best way to go about room requests?

We rented points for April through the DVC Rental Store. The day we arrive, we will already have been there for a number of days. Is it best to request before we arrive or can we request our preferred studio villa upon check-in early on check-in day?

I mostly just care about being on the ground floor and not looking at a parking lot/road, etc.

As I was trying to make our Beach Club reservation the first of June, I noticed that it says the pool will be refurbished. I read the first page of this thread and it says just normal winter maintenance. Does anyone know if the pool will be fully operational in June? Thanks so much!

Please add my family to the list. I just made our reservation for June 16-23. We will be there celebrating my daughter's 10th birthday. This will
be our first stay at the BC.

We will be there at the same time to celebrate my son's 9th birthday!! We may see ya'll around the pool! You will love BC. It's our favorite "summer" resort!

As I was trying to make our Beach Club reservation the first of June, I noticed that it says the pool will be refurbished. I read the first page of this thread and it says just normal winter maintenance. Does anyone know if the pool will be fully operational in June? Thanks so much!

They are doing the normal pool maintenance this winter and sections of the pool will be closed in January and February. Unless something unexpected happens, it should be fine in June. :)

I have a question... will you let us know if you see anyone running around the Yacht Club Lobby with a cowgirl holster filled with giant jugs of Febreeze velcroed to their sides? I need to know if I should be jealous that someone stole my idea.

~NM

Done ;)

Hi everyone. My BC vaca is fast approaching and I remember reading that you request a microwave for your room. Did I make that up?

Hi everyone. My BC vaca is fast approaching and I remember reading that you request a microwave for your room. Did I make that up?
No, you didn't make it up, but I don't remember reading anything recently where someone did ask for one.

Has anyone gotten a refurbished room yet on the 4th floor? I can only assume that they are still working on the 4th floor still ....or have we moved onto the 3rd?

So, MickeyT is headed home from his Disney family marathon trip, but before leaving he and his wife attended a little-known private princess breakfast at Trail's End Restaurant.

They met up with Princess Lily, Princess Jeanne and the Fairy Grandmother (better known as Nanny):

:goodvibes

A couple more pic's of our group. I love these people!

It does say SAB refurb until spring 2015 on the Disney website. It seems as though they are only closing parts of the pool at a time and the rest will remain open.

Natebenma...thanks for sharing the pics of Teena and MickeyT with us. It looks like everyone was so happy.

It does say SAB refurb until spring 2015 on the Disney website. It seems as though they are only closing parts of the pool at a time and the rest will remain open. Natebenma...thanks for sharing the pics of Teena and MickeyT with us. It looks like everyone was so happy.

I saw that too We will be there Easter week Apr.4-10. We booked this resort for the pool. The only other time we've been to Disney, 7 years ago, the resort pool was closed (CBR) but we had water park tickets so it didn't matter that much. This time I didn't get WP tickets knowing the pool will be amazing for my 3 kids 12, 9, 3. Fingers crossed it will be done by then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter