2013 Candlelight Processional Watch

No, I just checked. I've been on Disney's website every day - I don't think they've ever reported him for those days - other boards and the Orlando Sentinel have, but I never saw it on Disney's page.

I've never seen it confirmed on the website either, the Disney blog was the original rumor though so I think it's very likely to be him.

I'm going on the 2nd and I'd love to see NPH but I'm much more excited about the Christmas story and the songs than the narrator. I kind of wish they'd have narrators with Disney/Pixar movie connections, how cool would it be to see John Lasseter, Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, John Ratzenberger, etc?

Neil Patrick Harris is finally on the Disney site!!!!!!

Neil Patrick Harris
December 2 to December 3, 2013

Is it difficult to get a DR for Christmas Eve for CP? It doesn't really who does the reading, we just want to be there for Christmas Eve.

Just went to the Disney website and tried to book a reservation for lunch and dinner for Christmas Eve for 4 people. It said nothing was available - if you really want a dining reservation then I would try to go ahead and book something, if nothing is available on the 24th at all then start checking the December cancelled thread.

You can always stand over by the American Pavilion and watch/listen - I am sure that it isn't the same as sitting in the theatre but at least you can see the show.

Just went to the Disney website and tried to book a reservation for lunch and dinner for Christmas Eve for 4 people. It said nothing was available - if you really want a dining reservation then I would try to go ahead and book something, if nothing is available on the 24th at all then start checking the December cancelled thread.

You can always stand over by the American Pavilion and watch/listen - I am sure that it isn't the same as sitting in the theatre but at least you can see the show.

Yes, ty for checking..wasn't sure if it was just moi, or if there was nothing available. I have a dinner reservation but when I try to book it for the Candlelight Processional, it shows up as nothing available. Yes, we've done the standing outside and not the same. I'll keep trying and ty for responding to my question.

I just booked a lunch package for the CP at Biergarten. Not my first choice but it's in the budget so that's what it will be. I've never been to the CP & excited to see Neil Patrick Harris! As I booked the package online, I saw in the policies it said that if it was a family style or buffet restaurant that it would not be all-you-care-to-eat but it would be one meal. The CM I confirmed it with on the phone said she did not see this in the policy & the one I chatted with did not have access to it but insisted that it would be a buffet because there is no other option at Biergarten. I went as if I were booking it again just to see if I misread. Nope, it still says the same thing under the policy. Does this only apply to certain restaurants such as Garden Grill (I don't see any others that are all-you-can-eat listed for the package)? Either way it doesn't matter much to me but I like to know things before I get there.

I'm actually beginning to rethink the whole package at this point & wonder if I should take my chances w/out one for a seat at one of his later shows to get the full effect in the dark. Just not sure if I'm willing to wait over an hour in line to do so.. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

I just booked a lunch package for the CP at Biergarten. Not my first choice but it's in the budget so that's what it will be. I've never been to the CP & excited to see Neil Patrick Harris! As I booked the package online, I saw in the policies it said that if it was a family style or buffet restaurant that it would not be all-you-care-to-eat but it would be one meal. The CM I confirmed it with on the phone said she did not see this in the policy & the one I chatted with did not have access to it but insisted that it would be a buffet because there is no other option at Biergarten. I went as if I were booking it again just to see if I misread. Nope, it still says the same thing under the policy. Does this only apply to certain restaurants such as Garden Grill (I don't see any others that are all-you-can-eat listed for the package)? Either way it doesn't matter much to me but I like to know things before I get there.

I'm actually beginning to rethink the whole package at this point & wonder if I should take my chances w/out one for a seat at one of his later shows to get the full effect in the dark. Just not sure if I'm willing to wait over an hour in line to do so.. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

For NPH you will likely be waiting more than an hour. There was a thread last year that said people started lining up for him around noon. He is one of the narrators I would not take a chance in the SB line for.

That notice has been discussed here on the restaurant board before, it seems to cause a lot of confusion. While I don't see it in my ADR, I'm pretty certain that it refers to special meals, ie: kosher meals. It means that if the restaurant prepares a special plate for you, that special meal is not all you care to eat. If you eat from the regular buffet, it is still aycte.

For NPH you will likely be waiting more than an hour. There was a thread last year that said people started lining up for him around noon. He is one of the narrators I would not take a chance in the SB line for.

That notice has been discussed here on the restaurant board before, it seems to cause a lot of confusion. While I don't see it in my ADR, I'm pretty certain that it refers to special meals, ie: kosher meals. It means that if the restaurant prepares a special plate for you, that special meal is not all you care to eat. If you eat from the regular buffet, it is still aycte.

Forgive my ignorance -but were the people lining up at noon the ones with dinner packages or without? I have a reservation confirmed for the final show on one of NPH's nights, and I'm wondering how early I'll have to get in line with the package - especially since 2 shows happen before that.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Forgive my ignorance -but were the people lining up at noon the ones with dinner packages or without? I have a reservation confirmed for the final show on one of NPH's nights, and I'm wondering how early I'll have to get in line with the package - especially since 2 shows happen before that.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The people lining up that early are those without dinner packages. With the package, 30-45 min should be fine.

The people lining up that early are those without dinner packages. With the package, 30-45 min should be fine.

Oh phew. Thanks for clarifying! (I'm one of those ridiculous types that try to line up early to get a good seat - but that's way early even for me!! :))

Just an FYI. Last night, I was able to book the Rose/Crown for a 12:35 lunch on 12/11, giving us the 5pm show, with Dennis Haysbert..the Allstate guy! Whoo Hoo! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Just an FYI. Last night, I was able to book the Rose/Crown for a 12:35 lunch on 12/11, giving us the 5pm show, with Dennis Haysbert..the Allstate guy! Whoo Hoo! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Wish I was going to see him. He was awesome in 24.

That's who we're seeing.

I wish they had the camel from Geico. LOL Or at least his voice. ;)

Hump Daaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

I'm sorry for being off topic but I don't see where I can delete this post. I thought it did not post at first and then it showed up after I re-posted! :confused3

Ok, thanks! That makes more sense if it only applies to special requests.

I'm definitely excited to see NPH, even if it is for the first show. I'm looking forward to being able to include the dinner package in my budget & seeing it while it's dark out in the future as well! :)

When I went to book my reservations for CP, I couldn't find hardly any openings online. I decided to call. Glad I did. There were a whole bunch of options available that I couldn't pull up online and I was able to get a 6:00 show with Dennis Haysbert. Glad I called.

Btw, one of my options was with Sigourney. The CM told me that she has a reputation of canceling. Don't know the validity of that statement, but that's what she told me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter