2013 Candlelight Processional Watch

ses1230

DIS Veteran
Is anyone else waiting for the CP info to be released? Last year a partial narrator list was first available on June 13, and packages were able to be booked on June 26, so hopefully soon!

I'm hoping for December 1 or December 4. What is everyone hoping for?

Edited to add some information (please note all info is from 2012/2011):

Info from allears.net

Info from wdwinfo.com

Is it worth it??

And still more!

Partial narrator list for 2013 (updated 8/5/2013):

Gary Sinise November 29-December 1

Neil Patrick Harris December 2-3

Ashley Judd December 4-5

Whoopi Goldberg December 6-7

Sigourney Weaver December 8-10

Dennis Haysbert December 11-13

James Denton December 14-16

Edward James Olmos December 17-19

Trace Adkins December 20-22

TBA December 23-25

Blair Underwood December 26-28

Amy Grant December 29-30

Yes, I am! Hoping for Dec 5 for 5pm show. I went years ago but we were all the way in the back...we will do the CP package this time to hopefully get a better seat.

My family has decided not to pay for the package and to just try and find seating somewhere in which we will be able to hear the reading. The package is to much money especially when we have very picky eaters and not everyone would be able to unanimously decide on one restaurant. I definitely want to at least hear it if I can not see it though.
Does anyone know of a good spot to sit to hear it?

Yes and I would expect that Le Cellier isn't going to be one of the participating restaurants. I booked it this morning for our December trip and there was PLENTY of slots available, unlike in years past.

I'm waiting as well. We're planning on going to the CP on 12/3 at Le Chefs de France.

let us know when they release the dates and narrators.

Me too. Am looking for the 6:45pm show on December 3, December 5, December 6 & December 8th. I find the 5pm show still too light outside, so like the 6:45pm show to get the full effect. Hoping to be able to see 4 different narrators.

Me too. Am looking for the 6:45pm show on December 3, December 5, December 6 & December 8th. I find the 5pm show still too light outside, so like the 6:45pm show to get the full effect. Hoping to be able to see 4 different narrators.

I was thinking of the 5 PM show since we have a pre- rope drop breakfast that morning.

Does it make that big of a difference? We will be TIRED by then :)

Planning on December 14th.

A couple of questions for those who have done the CP package:

How long is the CP?

If we do the package aren't we reserved a seat? So why the need to line up and wait for our guaranteed seat?

I was thinking of the 5 PM show since we have a pre- rope drop breakfast that morning.

Does it make that big of a difference? We will be TIRED by then :)

Were you planning on staying for Illuminations? If so, it really doesn't matter what show you go to because you'll at Epcot til closing.

Staying on-site?
Traveling with young kids?

Were you planning on staying for Illuminations? If so, it really doesn't matter what show you go to because you'll at Epcot til closing.

Staying on-site?
Traveling with young kids?

They are not too young, 8 & 10. We are staying at the Poly for the first time. :) However, on our last trip we did commando style Disney. 3 nonstop days in the parks from RD to park close. I will never do that again. We were so grumpy, and my feet were killing me by day three!

So, we have have a pre- RD breakfast I was going to do the CP lunch package and the 5 PM CP. Then chill at the pool and maybe watch Wishes from the Poly beach.
I promised my family a laid- back vacation this time!! But if the CP is way better at 6:45 because of the darkness we will consider staying. We have never seen it.

They are not too young, 8 & 10. We are staying at the Poly for the first time. :) However, on our last trip we did commando style Disney. 3 nonstop days in the parks from RD to park close. I will never do that again. We were so grumpy, and my feet were killing me by day three!

So, we have have a pre- RD breakfast I was going to do the CP lunch package and the 5 PM CP. Then chill at the pool and maybe watch Wishes from the Poly beach.
I promised my family a laid- back vacation this time!! But if the CP is way better at 6:45 because of the darkness we will consider staying. We have never seen it.

Your plan will definitely work. Yes, it's a long day - perhaps keep the evening before an easy one then the next morning low key. Doing the CP dinner package may allow you to go back to your room mid-day to rest and freshen up.

At least it won't be HOT!

We plan on doing the Candlelight Package as well, but after our poor experience this morning trying to make ADRs, I'm anxious that we'll lose out on a package, too. Have others had a hard time securing the package in the past?

Question, I have a TS booked during the time frame needed for the 6:45 CP show on the day I want. But there was VERY little to choose from. When the CP packages are released, does more dining options typically open up? Just curious cause where I'm booked isn't my first, second, nor third choice.

Yes and I would expect that Le Cellier isn't going to be one of the participating restaurants. I booked it this morning for our December trip and there was PLENTY of slots available, unlike in years past.

Question (to make sure I did this right). I was told they are not booking CP yet. Did I do something wrong? I did make an Epcot dinner reservation, but they said the date wasn't open yet. I wanted 12/7.

Thanks!

We plan on doing the Candlelight Package as well, but after our poor experience this morning trying to make ADRs, I'm anxious that we'll lose out on a package, too. Have others had a hard time securing the package in the past?

^^^wondering the same myself!

Your plan will definitely work. Yes, it's a long day - perhaps keep the evening before an easy one then the next morning low key. Doing the CP dinner package may allow you to go back to your room mid-day to rest and freshen up.

At least it won't be HOT!

That's true, it should be good weather! We are going to sleep in the next day and do MVMCP, so we could handle the full day.

So many decisions! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter