2013 Candlelight Processional Watch

We will be with the earlier posters on Christmas Eve (just love being there then...can't keep my eyes from leaking) and we were hoping that Gary Sinese would be the narrator as we have heard him on a couple of occasions and loved him. But, whoever it turns out to be, the evening will be wonderful.
I confess to be becoming excited, though, waiting for the shoe to drop! I do hope it's someone who is invested in being there.
I can't understand why someone would accept that gig, though, especially during the holidays, and not care.
It will be great to be sharing it with all of you Dis'ers!
Don't forget to stand for the Hallelujah chorus!

I have my ressie for Christmas Eve too!

We will be there on "The Day before the Night before Christmas!" It is also somewhat less colorfully known as December 23rd.

We are about ready to chew off our nails and bark at the moon. Which actor will have the pleasure of reading our family the Christmas account from the book of Luke?

GRRRrrrr.....The deranged Disney obsessed super planning maniac must know!:headache:

We will spend Christmas Eve at the Magic Kingdom and on Christmas Day we will have Church Service at the Contemporary and then head over to the putt putt golf course to play 9 holes with Santa! Take a quick jaunt to Riverside for some deep fried love followed by a boat ride to Downtown Disney. Add in a Movie at Downtown Disney and I am on:cloud9:.

I am already so much in the Christmas spirit I would happily wear my Red Fur hat lined with white trim to Church tomorrow, but I would end up with heat stroke.:santa:

Anyone know why other places have listed NPH as filling the November 2-3 slot but the official WDW website still has it as TBD?

So you got me curious ... I did a live chat with someone on the WDW site and they confirmed that he is NOT confirmed as of today.

The cast member said this (copy and pasted):

"Neil Patrick Harris was one of our featured speakers last year for the Candlelight Processional, and while we do still have some dates without confirmed speakers, he may not return as one of them. Our website will always have the most up to date information, so please check their for our complete listing of celebrity speakers! Walt Disney World® Resort is not affiliated with [Orlando Sentinel], so there is no way to know why [they would publish that]. Our website will always list the most up to date information."

So .... THAT sucks.

:rotfl2: They are telling people that their web page is the location of the most up to date and accurate information.:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I just laughed so hard I might need to go change my big girl panties.

:rotfl2: They are telling people that their web page is the location of the most up to date and accurate information.:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I just laughed so hard I might need to go change my big girl panties.

I definitely got the sense that they were reading from a script, so to speak, but I can't let it go that they didn't confirm that he was a narrator. Until they have it on their site, I'm guessing it's best not to bank on it.

Yes, someone in a call center, far far away, is telling you what their computer screen is telling them, and that is ALL they are allowed to say.

It is unfortunate, but they are not even in the top ten most reliable sources of Disney information. If I had a dollar for every time they gave a friend or family member bad advice I could book another trip for my hubby and I.

All of that aside, I'm still wondering why the Sentinel would have information on Disney events, but Disney wouldn't advertise it themselves? It does Disney no good to keep that info to themselves, is there? (I'm not being difficult, I'm just trying to "get" it, you know? :) )

All of that aside, I'm still wondering why the Sentinel would have information on Disney events, but Disney wouldn't advertise it themselves? It does Disney no good to keep that info to themselves, is there? (I'm not being difficult, I'm just trying to "get" it, you know? :) )

Its really not just this instance. For most things, outside info sources are a better source of info than Disney's own website. A prime example is that park hours are listed and available on the TA calendar weeks before they are up on the official page. It is baffling and frustrating.

(Just as an aside, even though the list for narrators is mostly up, it can and does change right up until the actual dates.)

Disney regularly does NOT do what is in its best interest.

Their on-line presence and software upgrades are almost always fraught with frustration and sub-par performance.

The most recent free dining offered on August 1st would not even be confirmed on July 31st by the phone CMs or the Computer Chat folks. If you did not hang out here on the Dis you could easily have missed the chance to book Free dining for the fall.

Disney will not allow people to add the "Disney dining plan" within the 72 hours before arrival at WDW. I see no reason to keep people from adding the QSDP at check in as it does not require any reservations, but they seem happy to encourage those people to eat off property rather than give them all their dining dollars.

Disney is a huge corporation and while I love Disney, it sometimes does really stupid things, (check out The Lone Ranger if you do not believe me.)

I see all points made ... just strange. I have a hard time accepting things that aren't logical LOL

We have the package for Dec 15 at GG. It was for 4:30 but Disney didn't specify show times and I got conflicting info on other sites about show times- not sure if our 4:30 ressie would put us at the 6:45 show or 8:15 show. Plus I had some concerns about trying to get all the way back over to the Showcase entrance for fireworks. So I changed the ressie to 3:30. It's early for dinner but at least we know what show to attend and won't be so rushed.

The narrator can change at any time. Sometimes they drop out or can't make it for whatever reason, and they bring in a substitute. Disney will never guarantee the actual presence of any narrator.

Disney will not allow people to add the "Disney dining plan" within the 72 hours before arrival at WDW. I see no reason to keep people from adding the QSDP at check in as it does not require any reservations, but they seem happy to encourage those people to eat off property rather than give them all their dining dollars.

DDP is a package add-on. Packages cannot be added to or changed (except for cancellation) less than 72 hours from arrival. Don't know why they can't, but they can't. I think that at that point they are transferred to a different system. Has nothing to do with whether reservations are required or not, because reservations can be made up to and including the same day of the meal.

We will be there on "The Day before the Night before Christmas!" It is also somewhat less colorfully known as December 23rd.

Great choice. We always used to go on Christmas eve but found that we really missed all the going ons at the Wilderness Lodge on the night before Christmas

There is nothing like spending Christmas at Disney, especially the three or four days leading up to the 25'th. So Magical!!!

Yes - NPH used to be listed on the Disney website but it is back to listing TBD for 12/2 and 12/3. Oh well, the 3rd is the date that I have my reservation on so I guess I will get to see TBD.

Yes - NPH used to be listed on the Disney website but it is back to listing TBD for 12/2 and 12/3. Oh well, the 3rd is the date that I have my reservation on so I guess I will get to see TBD.

:(

popcorn:::rolleyes1 Back to "patiently waiting".

I see all points made ... just strange. I have a hard time accepting things that aren't logical LOL

I'm with you. I have to see it listed EVERYWHERE to completely believe it (including the Disney website). ;) I'm hopeful, when I see something listed on other websites, but not completely a believer. Doesn't really matter too much to me who it is, except that I'd like to see SOMEONE listed on the Disney website. I'd love to see NPH, but won't be crushed if it's not him since this is our first time seeing the Candlelight Processional. Maybe I just shouldn't look at all till we get there and then will be surprised!! :bitelip: If only my little mind worked that way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter