2011 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I"m totally bummed about this trip, I should be in the BC Lobby right now. However I will just plan plan plan for September. Now I'll just have to avoid hurricanes instead of snow.

Besides it's my birthday that month so the nice reservations lady said she'll get me a princess birthday button.:rotfl:

Sorry about your trip. Naughty, Naughty weather! But it will be nice having you around the boards these next few months!

Sorry about your trip. Naughty, Naughty weather! But it will be nice having you around the boards these next few months!

Yeah, I look forward to this thread. You guys are so nice and very funny! I had kinda thought maybe of going back down to a MOD since the new reservations are at rack rate (value season, but rack rate) but I don't want to leave THIS thread. So I'll just keep them and hope (hopehopehope) for a Fall Room only discount. LOL Besides by September I can easily double my budget for rooms if one doesn't come out. I refuse to give up my spot as a YC/BC'er.

Pixarmom- thanks for the lists! I'll post them to the front page.

How did you make out during the storms? School cancellations? We had an early release Tuesday, snow day Wednesday, they went to school on Thursday then had Friday off due to concerns about too much snow on the school rooftops.

I can't even imagine how excited you must be about your trip!

I have lost track of what I have requested for photos. The Sunken Treasure I remember! :rotfl: Oh, and the kids meal at Hurricane Hanna's if you have a chance. I thought of a couple more. If you find yourself near the kids playground (I've never seen it- I think it is near the YC side of SAB). Unless it will cause problems trying to drag your little guy away. I am also not thrilled with the photo of the Jib Slide I have on the front page, so I am looking for a picture of the slide in a portrait orientation.

Thanks again!

Wow - what a week in Boston! What are the boys doing with all that time inside? Super busy week here with lots of things unrelated to our trip and no school on Wednesday! I love the photo of your slide and I meant to run out and get a photo of our snow fort/igloo but ran out of time.

We're so excited about our trip - just two days away! We were so happy to learn that the Super Bowl parade in MK is on Monday at 2:15. So if the Packers win, we'll need to check in quickly, juggle our lunch ADR and get to MK for the parade!

Here's the list of photo missions I have:

BC Marketplace (especially meal options and snacks for Robyn's gift baskets)
Sunken Treasure
Hurricane Hanna’s kids' meal and pail
Cape May Cafe entrance/sign
Yachtsman entrance/sign
Captain's Grille entrance/sign
Beaches and Cream entrance/sign
Hurricane Hanna's sign with seating area
Playground
Jib Slide (portait orientation)

I also thought I'd get one of the plain kiddie pool. And I'll see if I can find an angle that shows how that the shallow zero depth area is not directly connected to the lazy river. My overall goal is to demonstrate that SAB is great for small kids and that guests will find something to eat while staying at BC/YC!

Wow - what a week in Boston! What are the boys doing with all that time inside? Super busy week here with lots of things unrelated to our trip and no school on Wednesday! I love the photo of your slide and I meant to run out and get a photo of our snow fort/igloo but ran out of time.

We're so excited about our trip - just two days away! We were so happy to learn that the Super Bowl parade in MK is on Monday at 2:15. So if the Packers win, we'll need to check in quickly, juggle our lunch ADR and get to MK for the parade!

Here's the list of photo missions I have:

BC Marketplace (especially meal options and snacks for Robyn's gift baskets)
Sunken Treasure
Hurricane Hanna’s kids' meal and pail
Cape May Cafe entrance/sign
Yachtsman entrance/sign
Captain's Grille entrance/sign
Beaches and Cream entrance/sign
Hurricane Hanna's sign with seating area
Playground
Jib Slide (portait orientation)

I also thought I'd get one of the plain kiddie pool. And I'll see if I can find an angle that shows how that the shallow zero depth area is not directly connected to the lazy river. My overall goal is to demonstrate that SAB is great for small kids and that guests will find something to eat while staying at BC/YC!

See you Monday ... what time do you think you'll arrive?

We will be arriving at the Yacht Club - Club Level Monday Feb 7th until the 13th. We are coming down for our wedding at Sea Breeze Point on Feb 10th.

Thank you everybody for this thread; I have been reading and learning

Great job on the new thread!! Thanks for all your hard work!:worship:

I really enjoyed our Dis Meet last August. We're going in May this year to celebrate my oldest son's graduation from college and taking four of his friends (also graduating from college) with us.

We have some exciting things planned like a pirate (ECU pirates) themed Illuminations Dessert Party at UK Pubside and a Grand 1 dinner/dessert Wishes cruise. I think all the guys will have a blast so if anyone sees a middle aged woman walking around with a group of young hot looking men, no I'm not a pervert, just a proud Mom!:hug:

I'll be wearing my YC/BC Dis Pin so please say hello if you see us.:goodvibes

Sorry I'll miss you this year. Wasn't the BC/YC Dis Meet great?

I can't wait to hear all about your Illuminations Dessert Party and the Grand 1 Wishes Cruise (la de da!!!).

Do you mind me asking how much the Illuminations Dessert Party cost?

Congratulations to your DS on his college graduation! I'm 4 down - 3 to go!

I have one graduating from Law School in May and then I can breathe a sigh of relief for a few years.

PixarMom - thanks so much (in advance) for getting the BC Marketplace pictures for me. That will really help me in getting the gift baskets together!
I always have them put in a $20 arcade card and $20 Disney dollars and it's nice to be able to know what kind of snacks I should request.

HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!!!!!

I'll be at BCV for the first time from Feb. 9 -13. :woohoo: It's my first solo trip and I am SO excited. :cheer2: This new thread is terrific and has helped me so much. Thanks for everyone's hard work and input.

We will be arriving at the Yacht Club - Club Level Monday Feb 7th until the 13th. We are coming down for our wedding at Sea Breeze Point on Feb 10th.

Thank you everybody for this thread; I have been reading and learning

Congratulations on your wedding! :cheer2: :bride::groom: :cheer2:

I hope you have a fabulous time and wonderful weather to boot!

:thumbsup2
Marlton Mom

I know your pain.....ours did the same thing 4 weeks before our vacation last November which forced us to postpone to this September

Yuck! We contemplated postponing but changed our minds... I'm a nurse and work PT and stay home most the time so I figured between now and may i'll have to pick up some shifts. Thank goodness for my field. (even if I'll be tired )

Yay! Our flight is scheduled to land at 10:50am, so I'm hoping we'll arrive at BC around noon!

Magical Express? If so, I think 12:30-1:00 is probably closer to the time you'll get there. (sent you a PM)

wow!! this thread is AMAZING!!! :yay: We decided to stay at either the Beach Club or Yacht Club for our June 2012 trip. We haven't decided which one yet. Last trip we stayed at the GF, which was fantastic for quick access to MK. This time, since we didn't spend the kind of time we wanted at Epcot and HS, we thought it would be fun to stay at BC / YC.

I know we can't go wrong w/ either one. If you request a full balcony at BC, are you likely to get it ? I absolutely LOVED the balcony and sitting outside reading.:goodvibes (DH could care less either way, he just wants the cool pool !!)

It's going to be fun living vicariously through everyone here until we get to finally go!! So please write in all the fun you have !!! Inquiring minds want to know!! :woohoo:

Teena or anyone- we will be at the YC Nov 11-18. :yay::banana::dance3::cheer2:

I love the Christmas decorations at the resorts!!! Will the Christmas decorations be up at this time? or do they wait until Thanksgiving?:santa::santa:

Great job on the new thread!! Thanks for all your hard work!:worship:

I really enjoyed our Dis Meet last August. We're going in May this year to celebrate my oldest son's graduation from college and taking four of his friends (also graduating from college) with us.

We have some exciting things planned like a pirate (ECU pirates) themed Illuminations Dessert Party at UK Pubside and a Grand 1 dinner/dessert Wishes cruise. I think all the guys will have a blast so if anyone sees a middle aged woman walking around with a group of young hot looking men, no I'm not a pervert, just a proud Mom!:hug:

I'll be wearing my YC/BC Dis Pin so please say hello if you see us.:goodvibes

Congrats!! And hey enjoy hanging out with a bunch of "hot" guys!

Magical Express? If so, I think 12:30-1:00 is probably closer to the time you'll get there. (sent you a PM)

Yes, Magical Express! I think you're right about the timing. We've had such good luck with Magical Express for our last two trips - amazingly quick from plane to resort - that sometimes I forget it's supposed to take approx. two hours!

Any other missions from anyone? I'll have internet access until late Sunday night, so let me know! :wizard:

Teena or anyone- we will be at the YC Nov 11-18. :yay::banana::dance3::cheer2:

I love the Christmas decorations at the resorts!!! Will the Christmas decorations be up at this time? or do they wait until Thanksgiving?:santa::santa:

Each year it is different as to when the decorations go up. The Y&B has no say in it. It's totally done by the holiday department. Sometimes it is done by the 8th or 9th of November, sometimes not until the 20th. You never know. We were on the late side this past year.

wow!! this thread is AMAZING!!! :yay: We decided to stay at either the Beach Club or Yacht Club for our June 2012 trip. We haven't decided which one yet. Last trip we stayed at the GF, which was fantastic for quick access to MK. This time, since we didn't spend the kind of time we wanted at Epcot and HS, we thought it would be fun to stay at BC / YC.

I know we can't go wrong w/ either one. If you request a full balcony at BC, are you likely to get it ? I absolutely LOVED the balcony and sitting outside reading.:goodvibes (DH could care less either way, he just wants the cool pool !!)

It's going to be fun living vicariously through everyone here until we get to finally go!! So please write in all the fun you have !!! Inquiring minds want to know!! :woohoo:

About 50% of the rooms have a full balcony. If you make "full balcony requested" your one and only request (make sure it is on your reservation now) and if you do not do an on-line check-in and instead go to the regular check-in line and ask the CM as you are checking in whether or not you got a full balcony, you'll have a good chance of getting one. If the CM says no, then ask them if they could please change your room to one with a full balcony...tell them you are willing to wait if one isn't available right that moment but would be available in a few hours. Also, if one is not available on the day you check-in, if it's really a big deal, tell them you'd like to do a room change the next day when one is available.

If the October list has been started, please add my DH and I to the list. This will be our first stay at the Beach Club and by all the information I see, it wont be the last. We got a surprise discount so the finances worked out. I cant believe we are going to be just minutes away from Epcot. We are going during F&W so it will be so convenient. We have never stayed for Illuminations because we did not want to get stuck in the rush to get out. Now we will stay!!!!

Hoping your days wont change Teena, if not, we will probably meet you at check in. Only 8+ short months away!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter