• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question on online check...We've only done it once last year @CBR. I really didn't see the need to do it they asked me a few questions and it wasn't any faster than normally. There wasn't a line in either of check-in lines. I also did a poem for our stay with a couple of request...

This year I am thinking of not writing up a poem and just going by what ever they give us...I am requesting(I know it's not guarenteed) a room with a daybed, we are a family of 5 but the youngest will be 2 not 3:sad1: So I am hoping we will get a daybed it will be a lot easier than a pack-n-play!

Have you ever got an upgrade?? We booked a garden view, we will be celebrating our 9th anniversary:yay::cheer2:

Do you think I will have a chance of getting an upgrade...water view will be great but we wern't going to take a Disney vacation this year but I talked DH into saying "yes":hug: So any view is a great view especially when we are staying at B&YC:cheer2:

Do you think I should write up a cute poem? On-line check-in? Or just let things be the way they are and any Magic that happens makes for a special trip!

TIA
Diana

Natebenma- Fantastic job on the new "2011" thread - Thanks for all your hard work on it :thumbsup2

Excited for our 3rd summer stay at BC...:dance3:....we are planning 7/22-30...

Thanks for keeping up this great informative thread:goodvibes

I have a question on online check...We've only done it once last year @CBR. I really didn't see the need to do it they asked me a few questions and it wasn't any faster than normally. There wasn't a line in either of check-in lines. I also did a poem for our stay with a couple of request...

This year I am thinking of not writing up a poem and just going by what ever they give us...I am requesting(I know it's not guarenteed) a room with a daybed, we are a family of 5 but the youngest will be 2 not 3:sad1: So I am hoping we will get a daybed it will be a lot easier than a pack-n-play!

Have you ever got an upgrade?? We booked a garden view, we will be celebrating our 9th anniversary:yay::cheer2:

Do you think I will have a chance of getting an upgrade...water view will be great but we wern't going to take a Disney vacation this year but I talked DH into saying "yes":hug: So any view is a great view especially when we are staying at B&YC:cheer2:

Do you think I should write up a cute poem? On-line check-in? Or just let things be the way they are and any Magic that happens makes for a special trip!

TIA
Diana

Upgrades are done when we sell out of a certain category. Your poem won't work with the new reservation system. It automatically picks who fits the profile and upgrades them. In other words, if we are oversold for the time frame you are here in the category you booked, depending on the dates you are here, the type of room you requested or are assigned (two queens and a daybed), etc., then the computer picks who should be upgraded -- there are a number of factors it goes by. The room assignors who read the poems don't upgrade now, the reservation system does instead. Back before the new reservation system, loads of people faxed in poems, letters, etc. sayinig its their anniversary, birthday, engagement, etc. and asked for free upgrades. To be perfectly honest, most of those requests got the opposite result because most of the cast members get upset when people ask for a free upgrade. I know when I worked the front desk and someone would ask "are there upgrades available", even if I needed to upgrade people because we were oversold in a category, there is no way I would do it ... simply because they asked. I would tell them how much an upgrade would cost but I would never ever give them a free upgrade. However, I upgraded people at times when they were just so happy to be there and just super nice people and of course didn't ask for a free upgrade.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! See what can happen when Mother Nature holds you hostage for a couple of days!

TIA
Diana

My advice for you about checkin is NOT to do the advanced check-in. First, you didn't really see much of an advantage when you used it at CBR, and I think the checkin desk at BC would be even less crowded so there is even less of a need for it. Since you have requested a daybed, doing the regular checkin when you arrive at the resort will give you the opportunity to ask before you take your keys if the room you are assigned has a daybed. If it doesn't, you can ask if there is a room available that does have a daybed and ask if you can switch to that room.

Upgrades can happen in rare circumstances, but I would think it would be based on the occupancy of the resort more than anything else. Although a cute poem may bring a smile to a CM's face, I don't think it would increase your chances of getting an upgrade. In fact, from what I have read, the surest way NOT to get a (complimentary) upgrade is to ask about one.

I'm glad you are taking the stance that the trip will be magical no matter what. The Yacht and Beach Club are awesome resorts!

JINX!!!

We were posting at the same time!

Teena- you know that I couldn't have done this without all of the advice I have read from you over the past couple of years. Staying at the Beach Club twice does not make me an expert, but listening to you and remembering what you have said certainly helps!

I loved my stay at the YC last August! Thank you for having such a good resource on these two hotels.:thumbsup2

Dee,
This looks great! Thank you so much for tackling this job and for all you do to keep things current. Makes me wish we were taking a trip this November instead of next

New thread looks great. So much information, this will be a wealth of information to those trying to decide on a resort.

I'll have lot's of time to learn the thread, since I will NOT be checking into BCV's tomorrow (stupid snow and freak southern storm).

However I am now booked for September 17th thru 21st.

Dee, super job. Thanks for everything you do to make the YC/BC/BCV thread the best one on the Boards. I just wish some people would learn to start from the front before they ask the questions. I think you've covered about everything here.

Doccoc2000, best advise in an upgrade is if you want one, call or go on line and reserve a room that costs more than the one you are paying for now. Sometimes it happens. I can say in the thirty years we've been going to WDW it hasn't happened for us. And we aren't in the minority in this matter.

Thank you for starting a new thread! :worship: I love looking at all the pictures in the first post. Great job! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter