2009 Dine Packages Available in August

My average CS cost me between $8.50-10.50 depending on what I buy, not including desserts. The CS option on the regular dining plan includes dessert and a drink so one would expect that to carry through to this plan also. For those who purchase the deluxe meals at CS (ie- chicken & ribs combo @ Cosmic Ray's)this will definitely be a bargain. I know when I have had meal coupons or CS credits in the past I have definitely ordered the more expensive menu items & a dessert to get the most value out of it most of the time. I would definitely consider this option for many of my trips. I would prefer a point based option that gave more flexibility such as maybe a TS every other day, something that can be tailored to many different ways of eating. This plan may work well for F & W with the extra snack credit each day although if you are snacking around the world I don't need regular meals on those days. I also don't really like having to plan 1 TS each day let alone 2 or 3 that are available on the deluxe plans. I'd much rather only spend a few nights eating big scheduled dinners without using 2 TS per dinner at the fancier places just to use them up. I don't think that many of the 2TS have that much more expensive food to warrant being charged 2TS (ie - CRT for breakfast or lunch or Hoop de Doo non-prime seating, late show).

Ok here is my wish, 2cs and 1ts per day, 1-2 snacks(whatever) I can not commit to 3 ts a day(deluxe) with my ds, but we do eat 3 meals per day. I do enjoy the savings but I also love having it all payed for in advance. I seem to fall through the cracks of all plans, I guess I will just stay with the basic and plan to pay oop when needed, anyone else like my dinning wish plan?

Well, technically, they already have this. This is what the Deluxe Dining Plan is.

From what I heard (I think this was based on the UK Disney site) the new CS plan is going to be about $26US. So now I'm wondering....maybe it's better to go with 2CS/2Snacks per day and just pay OOP for any character or TS meals? Hmmmm...decisions, decisions!

That's what I would do. We would probably only do 1 or 2 TS meals per trip.

No flames please, but why would the CS DDP not be okay for free dining? I think if it is FREE than who should complain? I think it is a better option than cutting into the TS/CS DDP and taking away things like filets, tips, apps..etc.

Disney obviously takes a huge hit with FREE dining. With people trying to max their meals, I think this is Disney's way of not ending the FREE dining that so many love, all while trying to give people who PAY for the DDP a chance to get an ADR and have a filet.

I think they are trying to please everyone with this. I for one hope to see this as the standard FREE DDP. I have never been to WDW during FREE Dining. However, there are many posts on the boards from people who pay and get shutout of ADRs at most TS restaurants. I think it is a great idea for FREE Dining. If one plans it right they can still have a quality sit down meals (WP Express, Pepper Market...)

How many people who don't go during FREE dinning like the additional choice for DDPs?
JMHO!:)

No flames please, but why would the CS DDP not be okay for free dining? I think if it is FREE than who should complain? I think it is a better option than cutting into the TS/CS DDP and taking away things like filets, tips, apps..etc.

Disney obviously takes a huge hit with FREE dining. With people trying to max their meals, I think this is Disney's way of not ending the FREE dining that so many love, all while trying to give people who PAY for the DDP a chance to get an ADR and have a filet.

I think they are trying to please everyone with this. I for one hope to see this as the standard FREE DDP. I have never been to WDW during FREE Dining. However, there are many posts on the boards from people who pay and get shutout of ADRs at most TS restaurants. I think it is a great idea for FREE Dining. If one plans it right they can still have a quality sit down meals (WP Express, Pepper Market...)

How many people who don't go during FREE dinning like the additional choice for DDPs?

In the interest of freeing up space in the TS restaurants, I think this is a good idea for Disney to move any free dining to CS only.

And I agree with you, free is free. It is a shame when people are offered something as a perk or bonus, they always expect something for free. As long as I am not being cheated out of anything, Disney is okay to set pricing and promotions as they wish, they are not forcing me to purchase it. I may not see some of the choices they are making as good and I may strongly disagree, but I am in no way obligated to visit WDW or choose their dining plans. JMO.

We don't participate in free dining but we have gone during that time and the TS is very busy. So, I would like this to be an option.

Although we would not be interested in the CS Dining Plan, I think that this is a great option and I'm sure a very popular one. I think those who chose not to get the DDP this year may consider this option, less food, less cost and to some, more flexibility since some do not like to make ADRs and be tied down to a specific time and restaurant for their meals.

I think it was smart for Disney to offer this in response to many complaints.

Also, I like the idea that the TS will be less crowded. We love eating at TS restaurants, but lately they seem to be a lot more crowded and the tables seemed to be closer together....or is that just me?:confused:

But unfortunately, I can see this being a problem for the CS restaurants. Hopefully, Disney is aware of this possibility and have taken steps to ensure all guests have plenty of places to sit and eat.

Now, for the basic TS Dining Plan. They really need to put the gratuities back on. I don't mind losing the appetizers (mind you, I love them) but it is clearly simpler with the tips already included. And for those of us that do not order anything extra....it's just a matter of a signature..done.;)

Basically the perceived problem with this being the possible "free Dining" offer next year is that you are required to pay rack rate for the room in order to get the "free dining". When I've done the "free Dining" there have been 2 of us in the room at a value resort and the savings has been worth paying rack rate for the room. I don't think it is worth it for the Moderates or even the Deluxes even at the current level so I don't think this lower level option would be desirable even for the value resorts. I certainly wouldn't do it as a single person and pay rack rate for the room, but I might consider it with a room mate. I won't even do the current plan as an individual. Of course any of the free dining options are of value to a standard family of 4 with children that fall within the Disney age criteria for "Child" when staying at a value and even possibly a moderate resort. And for those willing to pay any rate for any type resort they will consider any type "free dining" a bonus. I'd love to be offered "free Dining" at my DVC resorts during the promotion period but unfortunately we don't have that option. So at the present time I have to consider whether the total cost to me of any "free dining" offer is something I am willing to spend extra money on since if I choose to stay on my DVC points I don't figure the cost of a room or admission media into the equation (I have an AP). I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep my current reservation for this years program. If I were to keep it I would need to alter the dates I currently have booked and as of now I do not have anyone to share the room with so it is a large chunk of money that I will probably choose not to part with this year and use my DVC points instead. if I choose to purchase the meal plan I will pay that full cost myself.

To answer some of the questions in the thread that I know the answers to.... January 11th is the day the 2009 packages go into effect because before that day the 2008 plans are still in effect. Some people who begin their trip in December on the 2008 plan carry that plan over into 2009. Does that make sense? Also, the date of August 3rd is tentative for booking the 2009 plans. When I re-read my original post I realized I left out that magic little word. ;) I have no information on what the new Dine plans will offer. As far as pricing on the new plans this is all I have.

Platinum Package:
Adult - for less than $200; Child - for less than $140

Premium Package:
Adult - for less than $150; Child - for less than $105

Wine and Dine:
Adult - for less than $40

Deluxe Dine
Adult - for less than $70; Child - for less than $20

Plus Dine
Adult - for less than $40; Child - for less than $11

Quick Service Dine
Adult - for less than $30; Child - for less than $9

Hope this is helpful.

Helpful? That's the understatement of the day! Thank you so much for the info!

That would be sooooo terrible!!!!!!!!:scared: I am so glad we are going this year! I wanted to go back in 2007, but it didn't work. We went back and forth for this year during free dining. I was thinking, next year we might get our tips back, but your thought would ruin it all!!!! I would rather pay tips and no appetizer(not really), then have just counter services. The sit downs are the exciting part!! Who cares for burgers, hot dogs and chicken and fries every day!pirate: With the thought it might go to 2 CS for free dining, I'm glad we are going this year. You just made my day that we made the right decision!:upsidedow

As someone who has done the free DDP 3 years running, I completely agree with you. However, I wouldn't be surprised if you could pay the difference to upgrade from the "Quick Service Dine" to the "Plus Dine," just like you can now to upgrade to the deluxe DDP. If the gratuities and appetizers are back in, it wouldn't end up being such a bad deal. For example:

Using the #'s from DisneyDine above (thanks again!), it would cost my family of 3A/1C ~$32 to upgrade from the Quick Service to the Plus. To go to Crystal Palace for dinner, it will cost us ~$18 gratuity, so there's a bit of a loss there. But at Le Cellier, 3 orders of mussels (the most expensive appetizer) plus 18% gratuity on a $150 check (again, assuming we're all ordering the most expensive items) would be $62.70--quite a bit more than the $32 cost to upgrade. Of course, we wouldn't all order the same thing just because it was the most expensive, but you could.

Once we know all the details of next year's plans, I'll have to pay attention to my #'s on our next trip to see whether it would be worth it to us to take the free Quick Service plan and upgrade to the Plus.

I don't remeber feeling so overwhelmed before about the DDP. Why do I get the feeling the 2009 season is going to give me a headache to figure out.

If the gratuities and appetizers are back in, it wouldn't end up being such a bad deal. For example:

Given the delta between the 2008 and 2009 pricing for the basic plan, it does not look like the app or tip are being added back in. :(

...so the $64,000 question is:

Are the appetizers and tips coming back? If anyone can find that out, put it on a sticky for us!

Well, technically, they already have this. This is what the Deluxe Dining Plan is.

That is right but when I worked it out if you don't do mostly TS the cost for deluxe is not justified. I am going to plan what meals I want where and then see what plan will suit us the best. When I did the math I just did a rough idea of where we ate last time, the reality might be that Deluxe will work for me. I guess we will see soon!

I highly doubt they are modifying the existing plans. It sounds just like they are adding another tier. It really sounds like they are structuring for a value, moderate and deluxe DDP options.

I saw someone had suggested that maybe if free dining is offered next year, it may be a tiered approach. WHo knows!

Hopefully the prices will be released soon

I highly doubt they are modifying the existing plans. It sounds just like they are adding another tier. It really sounds like they are structuring for a value, moderate and deluxe DDP options.

I saw someone had suggested that maybe if free dining is offered next year, it may be a tiered approach. WHo knows!

Hopefully the prices will be released soon

This is exactly what I think too - value, moderate and deluxe plans just like resorts.

Smart for Disney to do this as they target all families with this, Tiger :)

What's cool is that if it is a tiered program for Free Dining and IF they do bounceback - we'll know soon. :goodvibes

I'm subbing to this thread....

And HUGE thanks to DisneyDine for the info about pricing for next year's plans. That's exactly what DH and I have been waiting for!

thanks again! :flower3:

This is exactly what I think too - value, moderate and deluxe plans just like resorts.

Smart for Disney to do this as they target all families with this, Tiger :)

Highly doubtful that they will tier the free DDP. They will make a ton more $$$ if they just give you the CS meal plan and make you pay. DW is all about the bottom line just like every other company. We all know that many will pay for the upgrade to at least the basic.

Given the delta between the 2008 and 2009 pricing for the basic plan, it does not look like the app or tip are being added back in. :(

I think it is smart of Disney to add the third tier for many reasons. One being it should ease up the sit downs and two (not me but) some people would like 2 cs. I do think it would be very stupid of Disney to not add the tip and appetizers back into the old regular plan. ( and I mean real stupid!!! If they don't they are still going to have people upset. If they do I think people will think Disney is smart in trying to cater to 3 tiers of people!):goodvibes

Please Disney :woohoo: add back the tips and the appetizers!!!! You have to add back in the tips and we really do want the appetizers, it's just your hearing more whine about the tip if we can only pick one. But we really want the appetizers for that tier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter