2009 Dine Packages Available in August

Lots of nee threads popping up, merged them all here to keep the info in one spot:thumbsup2

I think the PP is correct, that the new QS package will be what is offered for free dining next year and you can upgrade to the others perhaps

Thanks so much DisneyDine!! I'm so glad that the Basic Plan will still be under $40. I can't wait to book our package!! :thumbsup2

Carla

IF the prices of the basic (apparently now called Dining Plus) and Deluxe plans remain about the same, my guess is it probably means there will be no new included additions such as appetizers or tips.

Having another choice will be of value. I liked the dining in 2007 but it felt like too much food but you want to get your money out of it so I ended up gaining 10 pounds on the trip.

I did notplan on the dining plan for the next trip but this may be a good alternative.

It was there earlier 'cause I read it too.

Yeah, it's very strange, it disappeared for a few minutes, cause there were 3 people who reported it not being there when they read it, then it reappeared. Can't figure out why that would have been. :confused3
Oh well, it's back now. :thumbsup2 I hadn't considered that maybe it would be the "free dining" offering, but I'll agree with that speculation.

$30 sounds like a lot of money for 2CS and 2Snack credits. An averate CS meal costs me $8 (I don't drink soda), an average snack $4, so that's a total of just $24/day.

IF the prices of the basic (apparently now called Dining Plus) and Deluxe plans remain about the same, my guess is it probably means there will be no new included additions such as appetizers or tips.

That's what I was thinking.

For all of you waiting for the 2009 Dine Plan, it will be available to book on August 3rd. It will be effective for all guests arriving January 11th or later.

Included in the packages is a new option. It is called Magic Your Way Package Plus Quick Service Dining. This package will include two quick service meals and two snacks for each night of the guest’s stay, and as well as a resort refillable drink mug for unlimited non-alcoholic beverage refills at Disney resort hotels.

Hope this helps those of you with 2009 planning. :)

I see this as a great option for those with little ones who can not sit for TS or for those with shorter stays. :surfweb: It will be interesting to see the cost.

OR

Was this Disney's way of freeing up some TS restaraunts? As someone else mentioned this may become the free DDP offered in Aug/Sept. :scared1: (no confirmation JUST speculation)
I sure hope not....if I am paying rack rates for rooms then I want the option of TS credits. Heaven knows between the Disney perfectly princess tea party...BBB (2 visits)...MNSSHP and paid tours they are getting my savings back....but I do enjoy walking away feeling like I got a good deal too. :wizard: That's what keeps me coming back!!! princess:

Yes I'd hard that several weeks ago. We don't do too many CS meals so this is not good for our family. I wonder what changes will be in the works for dining packages including TS meals. Time will tell, eh? :idea:

Any idea if the 2 CS can be converted to 1 TS if you want to do that a few days?

Isn't that how it was done in the 90's? So maybe....Anyone know/remember?

OK, DisneyDine - the Jan. 11 date - does that mean that those of us going from Jan 3 and leaving in the 11th can still get the 2008 meal plan, with the same 2008 pricing? Or does it mean that we can't get a meal plan at all?

I'm curious about this too as our travel dates are 1/3 - 1/11.

Okay, I have to join in here too since I'm hoping to book a bounceback when we're there in September.:thumbsup2

I think $30 is too much for 2CS & snacks, but I'd pay $40 for the TS & CS & snacks. I think the CS will cost less. I also think they will have us pay the difference to upgrade if they offer free dining again this year.

So the details come out on the 3rd? :rolleyes1 how exciting!:dance3:

Ok here is my wish, 2cs and 1ts per day, 1-2 snacks(whatever) I can not commit to 3 ts a day(deluxe) with my ds, but we do eat 3 meals per day. I do enjoy the savings but I also love having it all payed for in advance. I seem to fall through the cracks of all plans, I guess I will just stay with the basic and plan to pay oop when needed, anyone else like my dinning wish plan?

Yup this is what I want to.......

The 90's plans were more like today's DxDDP. You could use your credits for either TS or CS, but since the price was hefty, it was a much better use to go TS.

Thanks...I knew there was something similar...just was not sure.

Okay, I have to join in here too since I'm hoping to book a bounceback when we're there in September.:thumbsup2

I think $30 is too much for 2CS & snacks, but I'd pay $40 for the TS & CS & snacks. I think the CS will cost less. I also think they will have us pay the difference to upgrade if they offer free dining again this year.

So the details come out on the 3rd? :rolleyes1 how exciting!:dance3:

We are hoping for free DDP on a bounceback and if we get a good code down the road we will do deluxe or moderate and pay for DDP.

To answer some of the questions in the thread that I know the answers to.... January 11th is the day the 2009 packages go into effect because before that day the 2008 plans are still in effect. Some people who begin their trip in December on the 2008 plan carry that plan over into 2009. Does that make sense? Also, the date of August 3rd is tentative for booking the 2009 plans. When I re-read my original post I realized I left out that magic little word. ;) I have no information on what the new Dine plans will offer. As far as pricing on the new plans this is all I have.

Platinum Package:
Adult - for less than $200; Child - for less than $140

Premium Package:
Adult - for less than $150; Child - for less than $105

Wine and Dine:
Adult - for less than $40

Deluxe Dine
Adult - for less than $70; Child - for less than $20

Plus Dine
Adult - for less than $40; Child - for less than $11

Quick Service Dine
Adult - for less than $30; Child - for less than $9

Hope this is helpful.

Hey DisneyDine....thanks for your help. :worship: :worship: :worship:
We are starting to plan for next year and are very excited. :yay:
It's nice to have some info.

From what I heard (I think this was based on the UK Disney site) the new CS plan is going to be about $26US. So now I'm wondering....maybe it's better to go with 2CS/2Snacks per day and just pay OOP for any character or TS meals? Hmmmm...decisions, decisions!

Excellent!! :thumbsup2

I just hope this is not what they offer as the "free" part if they offer "free dining" again in 2009...however, I almost bet it is :sad2:

That would be sooooo terrible!!!!!!!!:scared: I am so glad we are going this year! I wanted to go back in 2007, but it didn't work. We went back and forth for this year during free dining. I was thinking, next year we might get our tips back, but your thought would ruin it all!!!! I would rather pay tips and no appetizer(not really), then have just counter services. The sit downs are the exciting part!! Who cares for burgers, hot dogs and chicken and fries every day!pirate: With the thought it might go to 2 CS for free dining, I'm glad we are going this year. You just made my day that we made the right decision!:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter