• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2009 Dine Packages Available in August

Highly doubtful that they will tier the free DDP. They will make a ton more $$$ if they just give you the CS meal plan and make you pay. DW is all about the bottom line just like every other company. We all know that many will pay for the upgrade to at least the basic.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I'm not talking about Free Dining at all as I have no experiece with that, I am speaking of the 3 Dining Plans in relation to other Disney products offered in similar categories:

Value = CS Plan
Moderate = Reg. Plan
Deluxe = Deluxe

Happy eating to all, Tiger :)

Hi Disneydine. Just wondering if they will still have the DxDDP and regulare DDP? If this question has already been asked I am sorry. thanks

I was very excited to stumble upon this posting! My husband and I have never opted for the Dining Plan (though we know many personally who rave about it----as I'm sure many of you do!). We didn't care for the commitment of having to be in a certain park on a certain day at a certain time to eat a meal. I can appreciate how this is a very enjoyable part of some people's vacation----it just isn't our style. A few table service meals sure. . .but every day? Just wasn't for us. We were happy with the convenience of CS-----salads, wraps, a hot dog at Casey's or whatever worked for us. . .if we were hungry, we could find something with little or no effort. . . I know, I know. . .more information than anyone cares about, right? Anyhow. . .I think this lesser dining option will be a hit for other people like ourselves----and am looking forward to the announcement and details!!! Makes sense to have various options (like I've seen others here compare it to the tiered resort offerings!) to suit each and every guest!

I was wondering the same.

Yes, this has been answered on page 5 I think.

The value dine plan is the CS plan you talked about. Then they will have a 'DinePlus' plan- that's the 'basic DDP' as we know it, and they will have a deluxe plan also.

As for pricing, so far we know the CS plan is under 30per adult, the DinePlus plan is under 40 and the deluxe is under 70. Based on this pricing we are all presuming the DDP for deluxe and dineplus will remain the same as before (no appy, no tip for dineplus, and no tip for deluxe).

I think you may have misunderstood me. I'm not talking about Free Dining at all as I have no experiece with that, I am speaking of the 3 Dining Plans in relation to other Disney products offered in similar categories:

Value = CS Plan
Moderate = Reg. Plan
Deluxe = Deluxe

Happy eating to all, Tiger :)

Yup! I quoted the wrong person- I wanted to quote tricia1972 who wrote about the possibility of the free DDP being connected to resort, values get the Value plan free, mods get the dineplus plan free etc. I don't think they will do this.

Yup! I quoted the wrong person- I wanted to quote tricia1972 who wrote about the possibility of the free DDP being connected to resort, values get the Value plan free, mods get the dineplus plan free etc. I don't think they will do this.

'Twas not I who came up with the idea. I just was saying that it's cool that if they do a tiered program and if they do bounceback, we'll have our answers soon. :goodvibes

'Twas not I who came up with the idea. I just was saying that it's cool that if they do a tiered program and if they do bounceback, we'll have our answers soon. :goodvibes

Twas me
Paulh

but i find the new ddp more open to abuse
Were a party of 10,
ok 1 party of 4 books the new plan say on the free DDP
then we share the credits betwen us so we have a CS,and then pay oop for evening meal
Just a thought
Paulh

but i find the new ddp more open to abuse
Were a party of 10,
ok 1 party of 4 books the new plan say on the free DDP
then we share the credits betwen us so we have a CS,and then pay oop for evening meal
Just a thought
Paulh

So with 4 people for a week on the new plan you have 8CS meals per day...so 2 people share (say the youngest) and you each get a CS meal for lunch, plus you each get a snack (with 2 people sharing).

Actually this is a great way to use the plan! LOL! You all eat breakfast in the room, use the CS for lunch, have the snacks around 3ish, then pay OOP for dinner. For 4 people that's (26x4)=104. So for 104 bucks per day, 10 people get 1CS and 1 snack each day. :wizard: Gotta add a few extra drinks to be shared of course...so perhaps another 5-10 per day.

Granted just as I submit this- the dispolice will be coming to get me! :scared1: Let it be known that most DW trips for us consist of my mom and I- as the hubbys aren't DW fans...so WE won't be 'abusing' the system :)

but it wont take long for folks to cotton on to it,heck i thought about it weeks ago
Paulh

I'm sure people will do this- but my 1 thought is 'why is it so wrong'? Ok, I totally get that DW has a policy about not sharing- but beyond that- Say I go with my mom and just her. We use our CS credits for lunch and dinner, and use our 2 snacks for breakfast (1 tea, 1 muffin each).

How is it hurting DW if I take a family of 8, and only 4 get the meal plan (I make 2 ressies) and we also eat all the credits? We are all using the credits- just in a different way. It's not like we are getting more for our $$, just buying only what we need- (we would eat bfast in the room, use the CSs for lunch, snacks, and pay OOP for dinner).

I'm thinking that DW knows people will do this and they don't really care- either way the credits get used and with the family of 8, they are paying above and beyond OOP.

I'm sure people will do this- but my 1 thought is 'why is it so wrong'? Ok, I totally get that DW has a policy about not sharing- but beyond that- Say I go with my mom and just her. We use our CS credits for lunch and dinner, and use our 2 snacks for breakfast (1 tea, 1 muffin each).

How is it hurting DW if I take a family of 8, and only 4 get the meal plan (I make 2 ressies) and we also eat all the credits? We are all using the credits- just in a different way. It's not like we are getting more for our $$, just buying only what we need- (we would eat bfast in the room, use the CSs for lunch, snacks, and pay OOP for dinner).

I'm thinking that DW knows people will do this and they don't really care- either way the credits get used and with the family of 8, they are paying above and beyond OOP.

This is something I posted on a different thread about this same sharing issue...

I have never really asked...my guess would be because it provides the opportunity for guests to book even more ADRs during a given trip thus clogging up the locations that are already so booked that some people (DDP guest, locals, & those paying OOP) have a difficult time getting much of anything they want. Myself, I have no problem at all with 2 people splitting a meal...my thoughts are "why waste the food??"...however, I also wish to follow the rules of the dining establishment so I know it is not an option when I dine at WDW. I guess I know if it becomes an issue/problem for Disney (like children using adult credits) they might do away with the program all together...I would hate to see that happen. Just my thoughts...not trying to flame anyone.

This is something I posted on a different thread about this same sharing issue...

I have never really asked...my guess would be because it provides the opportunity for guests to book even more ADRs during a given trip thus clogging up the locations that are already so booked that some people (DDP guest, locals, & those paying OOP) have a difficult time getting much of anything they want. Myself, I have no problem at all with 2 people splitting a meal...my thoughts are "why waste the food??"...however, I also wish to follow the rules of the dining establishment so I know it is not an option when I dine at WDW. I guess I know if it becomes an issue/problem for Disney (like children using adult credits) they might do away with the program all together...I would hate to see that happen. Just my thoughts...not trying to flame anyone.

Yeah but they arent talking about TS restaurants, their talking about the credits for the proposed CS dining plan, ergo, no ADR's and LESS crowding at the TS restaurants. BTW, I dont think it was ever a problem of children using adult credits...but I get what you mean.

Yeah but they arent talking about TS restaurants, their talking about the credits for the proposed CS dining plan, ergo, no ADR's and LESS crowding at the TS restaurants. BTW, I dont think it was ever a problem of children using adult credits...but I get what you mean.

Duuuuhhhh! :rolleyes1 Sorry, that is what I get for flipping back and forth between threads (looking like a silly-nilly)...it would be CS. There was an issue a couple years back with using TS child credits to purchase TS adult meals (when credits were pooled), that is why they now have the credits separated for TS. Most of the time what happened was that 1 adult and 1 child would share a meal using an adult credit and save the child credit for another meal...then when they did use the so-called child credit, they would use it to purchase an adult meal. ..thus getting more bang for their buck & and another TS meal. This type of abuse led to Disney separating the adult & child credits for table service. They even try to enforce the CS credits for child & adults when using the DDP...the CMs are supposed to check your KTTW card to see how many adults are listed on the card...they are not supposed to allow anyone to order anymore adult meals than adults listed unless they pay OOP for the extra adult meals...however, some people still get around the system because it is so hard to enforce at CS locations.

There isn't a general policy about not sharing. There is a policy about not sharing your dining plan meals with people who are not on your reservation and not on your dining plan. You also can't share at buffets and all-you-can-eat meals but that's sort of obvious.

From what I heard (I think this was based on the UK Disney site) the new CS plan is going to be about $26US. So now I'm wondering....maybe it's better to go with 2CS/2Snacks per day and just pay OOP for any character or TS meals? Hmmmm...decisions, decisions!

That's what I'm thinking, too. I went back and looked at my figures from last September, and for the three days I ate two CS meals and one snack, the total was between $18-22, and that doesn't include the refillable mug. The cost of the mug would be $2/day (based on 7 days), but it saved me over $50 for the trip, so that would average another $7 a day in the value to consider. Sooooooooo, $20 for 2 CS meals + 1 snack, $3 for the second snack, $2/day for the cost of the mug, and $7/day for the value of the mug...a total of $32. If the cost is about $26 + tax, or $27.69/day, that's a pretty good value for me. I'll have to wait and see what the price is for the children before I make a decision. I'd use the DDE card for 2-3 character meals. All this assuming, of course, that's it's even available to DVC members :confused3

It looks like there will be no appie on the Deluxe plan for 2009??:confused3
Seems like they just keep giving you less for more money every year?? There is not an appie listed until you reach premium and we just don't need all those things that come with the premium.:sad2:

Just talked to a CM who said that the cost of the DDP for the CS option will be less than $30 for adults and less than $9 for 3-9 yr olds. It includes 2 counter service and 2 snacks. Looks like a good addition for those that do not do many TS. CM also said that info on 2009 plan will be up in the next couple hours on the site as well as ability to do a vacation package quote.

Good luck everyone!

It looks like there will be no appie on the Deluxe plan for 2009??:confused3
Seems like they just keep giving you less for more money every year?? There is not an appie listed until you reach premium and we just don't need all those things that come with the premium.:sad2:

The appetizer is listed there now!!!

Weird!!

I guess they're still getting things organised. I hope it stays there!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter