• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2008 Free Dining Plan

Yea! We got free dining!!! Just got off the phone with them!! It took a hold time of 55 minutes before someone was available, they must be SWAMPED! But we got it for our stay at Wilderness Lodge (I'd already made the reservation last week and they altered it when I called this morning). :cool1:

Thanks for all the info guys!!

Anyone get free dining with a room for 57 a nite? I already had the bounce back plan but I am paying more for a room. I would love to further reduce our bill.

Anyone get free dining with a room for 57 a nite? I already had the bounce back plan but I am paying more for a room. I would love to further reduce our bill.

From what has been posted on this thread you cannot have both free dining and a reduced rate on the room. I had a heart attack when I saw this years free dining schedule. Its shorter this year and ends a week earlier! For those who were booked at the end of the month like me:

As long as your date starts on the 20th, you can get free dining up to 10 days out. (I had to change my arrival date by a week if you can do that) If for any reason your flight changes your times of your flight you are entitled to a full refund. I was able to change my Disney trip without any penalties from Delta Air. What stinks is we got a fantastic rate originally, and will probably still have to pay more now. Just keep that in mind if you were in a situation like me

DMOM(35):bride: DDAD(38)pirate: DD(7)princess: DD(4MONTHS!):cloud9:

It's not $57 a room per night...It's $52 per PERSON (per the package) per night. On average. It all really depends on the # in your group and their ages.

How does this changing Delta Flight thing work? I have a reservation with Delta. They changed the times of the flights. Can I get out of the airlines tickets without penalty? Help!!!

How does this changing Delta Flight thing work? I have a reservation with Delta. They changed the times of the flights. Can I get out of the airlines tickets without penalty? Help!!!

I have never done this, but if the airline changes your time I think they have to give you a refund if you want one. Then you can rebook, but I don't think you are guaranteed the same price that you had originally. I believe you have to call them-there is usually a number on the change email to call.

:sad1: I'm already booked. Aug 17th to 26th. i will miss the free dining. i am certainly not rebooking. these disney people probably think i'm nuts (well i am a little) o'well maybe next time, if they have it again. :sad1: :sad1:

I just called this morning and changed our reservations. We are arriving on the 23rd of August so I had to basically do two separate reservations. We are using the AAA discount on the 23rd and then on the 24th we switch over to the Free Dining package! I am really excited for this trip!!:banana: This will be my first time staying at POR, so hopefully it will be a good time!!

I am so excited!! Went in late to work so I could get free dining!!

We have 3 pref rooms at the POP 27 Aug to 6 Sept ~~free dining!

I AM SO EXCITED, I'M ABOUT TO LOSE CONTROL AND I THINK I LIKE IT....:rolleyes1

Okay, so it's out. I am a dork...

I AM SO EXCITED, I'M ABOUT TO LOSE CONTROL AND I THINK I LIKE IT....:rolleyes1

Okay, so it's out. I am a dork...

She's a dork, but she's also my sister who had a disney visa and got us free dining. So I love that dork.!!!!!!!:jumping1: :jumping1:

Jinia, I think this means we will need to begin planning our next trip soon :cloud9:

I leave on the 21st and can't change the date because ds2 is leaving for college. Have fun everyone who got the free dining.

I just called this morning and changed our reservations. We are arriving on the 23rd of August so I had to basically do two separate reservations. We are using the AAA discount on the 23rd and then on the 24th we switch over to the Free Dining package! I am really excited for this trip!!:banana: This will be my first time staying at POR, so hopefully it will be a good time!!

I am arriving on 8/22 with a split reservation. How much is the AAA discount...I never thought of applying it to my room only days. Thanks

We will be there at the exact same time! (not preferred, though - requested 70's, 1st floor). We'll have our windows decorated (2 rooms), so look for us! :)

OK, Please :flower3: can I ask for alittle help here? I'm not new to WDW but a newbie where Free Dining is concerned.
I have ressies (AAA discount, which I know I can't use if I do FD) at GF, concierge (special trip for DGD). Is GF ever included in these specials?

We will be staying a total of 5 days within the FD time period. Can I buy 2 tickets ,each one a 1 day base ticket, if our stay is for 5 days?

TIA,

Karen :)

We will be there at the exact same time! (not preferred, though - requested 70's, 1st floor). We'll have our windows decorated (2 rooms), so look for us! :)
We also requested the 70s, 1st floor. We will have connecting rooms:) 1 room for the 4 of us just isn't big enough. Lat time we stayed in the 60s and it was fine but I really don't want to be too close to the pool as it stays loud into the wee hours.
We will check in Aug23 on a AAA discount and FD Aug24-Aug30. :dance3:

We will definitely look for you! I plan to decorate our windows as well. I hope to have something to write on on the door, so drop us a note! See you there! :beach:

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter