• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2008 Free Dining Plan

Can someone help? We're trying to determine vacation dates.

Thanks!

AM

Free dining has never been offered in April. Generally you are able to book your package some time in April, however the travel dates it's available for are late August to mid September.

Would love to get Free Dining, keeping my fingers crossed, but we didn't plan on it when we booked so it will be just an added "Disney Dream" if we get it.

I'll do the reasearch if I have to, but it's easier to just ask you guys, I have FL Resident passes so don't need to buy MYW tickets, planning on a trip in Sept. IF they offer free dining, is it worth it to get new tickets just for the free dining and give up FL residents rates and not use my paid for tickets? It will be a short trip for DS's b-day, so me, DH, DS (21) maybe 3 nights. Thanks for any info.

I'll do the reasearch if I have to, but it's easier to just ask you guys, I have FL Resident passes so don't need to buy MYW tickets, planning on a trip in Sept. IF they offer free dining, is it worth it to get new tickets just for the free dining and give up FL residents rates and not use my paid for tickets? It will be a short trip for DS's b-day, so me, DH, DS (21) maybe 3 nights. Thanks for any info.

I know for sure that you would only have to purchase 1 MYW ticket per person. I have heard that some people get the no expiration option & don't use the ticket & put it toward their AP passes. DOn't know if you can put it toward the FL resident pass. I'm basically babbling.

I researched the 2007 thread last year, and the first official Free Dining Announcements came around April 6th from Visa...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1388457&page=74

For those who feel slightly cheated that everyone was getting there "supposed great deal" I went last year to Disney and paid for my plan while everyone else bragged how they were eating for free. popcorn:: We never knew about this free plan. We did not take advantage of the bounceback since we didnt think we could come back. :surfweb: Now here we are, decided to go, and freaking out that we might not get the room or the free dining. So consider yourselves lucky who already have what you want. We already booked our cheap flight and have no idea whether they will extend the free Dining until we leave on September 30th.:confused3

I talked to a lady last week when I made my dining reservations (we are on the bounceback plan 9/9-9/20) she said she has been told that it is supposed to happen again, but no word when. The last 2 years has been early April.

I know for sure that you would only have to purchase 1 MYW ticket per person. I have heard that some people get the no expiration option & don't use the ticket & put it toward their AP passes. DOn't know if you can put it toward the FL resident pass. I'm basically babbling.

In order to get the free dining you need a 1 day base ticket. As long as you don't use the ticket for park entry then it will never expire. You do not need to add no expiration. That is an option for tix that you purchase that you plan on using during your trip, ex. you purchase a 10 day no expire ticket then you can use 5 of those days on your trip and the other five on another trip.For any Disney ticket the use only begins when you actually enter a park.

Here is the quote from that thread:

Originally Posted by merlinspride
I cant believe I am the first to post this. My Mom is a travel agent. She recieved an email this morning from her Disney Rep. Here are the details for 2008 Free Dining. 08/24/08 - 09/20/08. Disney Visa holders can book on 04/07/08 with code AYG...General public opens up on 04/10/08...sorry she didnt give me hte code for this one, as I have been waiting for the Disney visa code.
Good Luck to all.

She has also said:
the email was short and sweet

I will call my MOm in the morning to get the exact wording. It basically stated that she knew her travel agents were on the look out for the free dining promo and she gave them the details. It did NOT say that values were excluded.

The email did not mention any discount on the DxDDP. Based on hte bounceback offer, I was toying with the idea of upgrading to the deluxe dining.

No problem at all for posting the details. We are in South Jersey and my Mom's Disney rep emailed all of her agents right after lunch letting them know it was coming.

The email did not say anything about checking in on the last day and getting Free dining for the duration of your stay. I am waiting for that too as we are booked 9/20 - 9/27 @ Pop.

I am actually booked through AAA as their MYW + Dining vaca price was better than booking through Dis w/ a code attached to my name. I did go into their office today and my AAA rep called Dis, and they said they didnt know about hte code yet, but if I was a Dis Visa holder to call back on 4/7 for booking details.

Magic Your Way Package FREE Dining Plan

A 5-night/6-day package includes: (longer and shorter stays are available)

5 nights at a select Disney Resort
6 Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket
FREE Disney Dining Plan
3 night minimum length of stay - 14 night maximum

Booking Dates:
4/07/08 – 6/22/08 - Disney VISA Card Holders
4/10/08 – 6/22/08 - Everyone

Travel Dates: 8/24/08 – 9/20/08

Prices start at:
$57 per person, per day for family of 4 at select Value Resorts (std room)
$73 per person, per day for family of 4 at select Moderate Resorts (std room)
$104 per person, per day for family of 4 at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (studio)

Booking Codes:
Magic Your Way Package plus Dining - AYG
Magic Your Way Package plus Deluxe Dining - AYI
Magic Your Way Package plus Dine with Wine - AYH
Magic Your Way Package plus Deluxe Dining with Wine - AYJ
*Offer available for stays most nights 8/24/08-9/20/08. Availability is limited and certain restrictions apply. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter