• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2008 Free Dining Plan

4disney

Earning My Ears
Has anyone heard if Disney will offer free dining plan for 2008? We did this in 2006 and loved it. Hoping it will be offered again.popcorn::

I heard that they offered free dining to those who were down this year, as a bounceback program. I also heard that they offered it to the Europeans if they booked in a moderate resort. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for free dining!! It's looking like the odds are in our favor!

I was offered free dining as a bounceback. I can't say for sure, but my guess is that they'll offer it again.

Does any one know when free dining started? We had free dining in '06 but went in Sept. This year due to work schedules, we'll have to go in Aug. We're flexible with the dates so if free dining starts in Aug we would book then.

For 2007 it began on the 26th of August. For those of us offered bounceback this year, I believe it was the 30th. Bounceback free dining 2008 ends on 9/27 and while they did allow some, I was denied by three different people, to extend it into October (last year it was OK as long as your beginning date was before the promo ended). I tried on three different occasions, with three different people of varying rank, to make my dates a bit later and into the beginning of October for 2008, to no avail. Free dining was offered this fall to the UK, however they were not allowed to book Value Resorts... it had to be Moderates and up (still a good deal)! :goodvibes Those (US residents) in Values in 2007 were allowed to bounceback in Values. Time will tell... but I hope it is offered! :thumbsup2 If it is, my sister and her two precious girls will come down as well!

I heard that they offered free dining to those who were down this year, as a bounceback program. I also heard that they offered it to the Europeans if they booked in a moderate resort. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for free dining!! It's looking like the odds are in our favor!

Yes they offered it on the UK site for definate with any Moderate resort bookings booked in October. However with the change of the dining plan this year it isnt as good a deal as it used to be (especially if youre someone who prefers a good apertiser to a bad dessert)

Yes they offered it on the UK site for definate with any Moderate resort bookings booked in October. However with the change of the dining plan this year it isnt as good a deal as it used to be (especially if youre someone who prefers a good apertiser to a bad dessert)[/QUOTE]

Yes, the appetizer was removed from the 2008 DDP, as was the gratuity. Being free, you still come out ahead (well ecspecially if offered, they do not mandate Moderates and higher), however buying the DDP it is not quite as good of a value as before! We are still thrilled at returning with free dining! :thumbsup2

For 2007 it began on the 26th of August. For those of us offered bounceback this year, I believe it was the 30th. Bounceback free dining 2008 ends on 9/27 and while they did allow some, I was denied by three different people, to extend it into October (last year it was OK as long as your beginning date was before the promo ended). I tried on three different occasions, with three different people of varying rank, to make my dates a bit later and into the beginning of October for 2008, to no avail. Free dining was offered this fall to the UK, however they were not allowed to book Value Resorts... it had to be Moderates and up (still a good deal)! :goodvibes Those (US residents) in Values in 2007 were allowed to bounceback in Values. Time will tell... but I hope it is offered! :thumbsup2 If it is, my sister and her two precious girls will come down as well!

Have to say I did a whole calculation thing and paying the difference between Moderate and Value if there's 1 of you wasn't worth it. If however there are a couple of you sharing a room I think its more economical.

I was just wondering what free dining is? :confused3 And how do you get it ?
Were going to Disney for the second time at the end of February staying at the CBR. Does it apply to us?

(Our first trip was BC in Jan 06 if that changes something)

Free Dining = the Disney Dining Plan at no charge, in conjunction with your Magic Your Way Package.

You get it by checking these boards, the Disney website, your local paper's travel section, television ads, Mousesavers.com, etc, to see if and when this promotion is made available in 2008.

It does NOT apply to your upcoming trip, since when/if this promotion is offered, it is for stays in September and part of August.

I was just wondering what free dining is? :confused3 And how do you get it ?
Were going to Disney for the second time at the end of February staying at the CBR. Does it apply to us?

(Our first trip was BC in Jan 06 if that changes something)
Since 2005, Disney has been offereing Free Dining during the last part of August until the end of September, give or take a few days. It has already been offered to UK visitors for this September and to those of us who were there at WDW during Free Dining this past September for the dates of August 30 - September 27 2008. The free dining for this year should be announced during the first week of April. The first couple of days it will only be open to Disney Visa holders and then will open up to the general public. We aren't going back this year because the heat was so terrible and we thought we would have low crowds, and the crowds were not that low to us.

If there is going to be free dining this year when will it be announced?

TIA

I sure do hope they offer it. It's the best Disney deal ever! Even better than the cheaper rooms deal!

The "complimentary" dining (as the CM called it) is attached to rooms at rack rate. So depending on which resort you stay in and how many are in your party, you would need to determine if the dining is worth it if you have to pay full price for your room.

Last year we paid about $90.00 a night to stay at AS Mu (however we were given a free upgrade to SSR)... so for $90.00 nightly, the three of us stayed at a beautiful resort AND got the free DDP (which still included the appetizer and tip) so it made for an AWESOME first trip! :thumbsup2

We did bounceback, staying at Pop, and it is still a great deal... but nothing like last year! :goodvibes

We cannot wait to come back to WDW, we are hooked!

The "complimentary" dining (as the CM called it) is attached to rooms at rack rate. So depending on which resort you stay in and how many are in your party, you would need to determine if the dining is worth it if you have to pay full price for your room.
Free Dining saved us about $1,300.00 last September. I can't imagine we'll ever get a room only discount that would save us that much. I wish!!! September was too hot and too crowded for us. It would be a dream to be able to get a discount like that a "cooler" time of year. Oh well, I can dream. lol

how were you offered a bounceback? We stayed in CSR last Sept and had the free dining plan. We are planning on going back this Sept but have not heard of the bounceback offer. Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter