• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2008 Confirmed Snacks included in the Dining Plan-2009 Coming Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK the corn dog nuggets have never been a snack option according to my lists from previous years. Can anyone else confirm that they are now included?

I've never been able to get them as a snack credit they are $4.09 which puts them over the $4 mark. If I could use 2 snack credits for a corn dog nuggets and a drink, I'd be set for a lunch. (Which is why I think it's not a snack credit)

HI Just returned and when we were eating at the Main Street Bakery the family in front of us tried to use the snack credit for the Yogurt Parfait. They asked the person at the counter and they said yes but when we were behind them at the check out the cashier said no that they could not use a snack credit. The women said that they told her at the counter it was but cashier would not budge. When it was our turn to pay I asked to make sure I heard her correctly that the the Yogurt Parfait was not a snack credit. She said no it was not a snack credit. Right or wrong thought I would pass this on.

HI Just returned and when we were eating at the Main Street Bakery the family in front of us tried to use the snack credit for the Yogurt Parfait. They asked the person at the counter and they said yes but when we were behind them at the check out the cashier said no that they could not use a snack credit. The women said that they told her at the counter it was but cashier would not budge. When it was our turn to pay I asked to make sure I heard her correctly that the the Yogurt Parfait was not a snack credit. She said no it was not a snack credit. Right or wrong thought I would pass this on.

Last Oct. i got a strawberry smoothie there and it said on the sign on the wall that it was on the ddp since it had the icon next to it. when i got to the register she says it's not on the dining plan, i said yes it is... see the icon next to it on the wall there? then she gave it to us.

In August you could get a yogurt parfait as a Snack since they were 3.79 at the resorts (well, actually I noticed the price varied). It made a great breakfast that I didn't feel too bad about eating-- now sadly they are all around 4.59 so they don't fit the plan anymore. Not too many "savory" things do- which bugs me a little as you get dessert with the other options too....
HOWEVER I was able to get a salad (with Jarlsberg cheese) at Norway yesterday, along with the seafood bisque and mushroom barley soups- even the CM's didn't know if it would work but it did go thru and they were surprised. They didn't have the Jarlsberg leek- it may change daily?
Aside from the soup in the Land (which is excellent btw) I couldn't find much else in Epcot that would qualify as savory.

Aside from the soup in the Land (which is excellent btw) I couldn't find much else in Epcot that would qualify as savory.

In many places you can get the meal part of the kids meals as a snack item. (I.e. you can get the uncrustable pb&j without drink or sides.)

Is this going to be pretty current next month (Jan 09)? I'm printing it off...we leave the 6th...

Be patient with me if this doesn't work - I am new and this is my first post! We are going to WDW in April - will the snacks change for 2009?

Nobody can guarantee what will happen as of Jan 1, 2009. In previous years, there have been significant snack credit changes with every calendar year. However, this year there have been several reported changes throughout the year.

So, it's possible that they've moved to a system of more rolling changes. But, nobody knows for sure. I'd say, print this list as a base from which to guess and then come back and report your successes and failures on the soon to exist (2009 Confirmed snacks included in the dining plan).

I have a little update.

"Pizzasafari:
Breadsticks with Marinara $3.99"

This IS NOT on the dining plan anymore. When we were there last month I tried to get this as a snack and they said that it isn't included anymore. They confirmed that it used to be, but is not anymore. I ended up buying it.

Does anyone know if the candy store (the one next to the Villains store) on Sunset in MGM/DS allows more snacks than just the smores on a stick listed here? We were there in May 2008 and were able to get brownies, icees, fudge etc. There was a lot you could get then and I'm wondering if that's changed since May. We're thinking of doing the new counter service plan for our trip in May which would give us 2 snacks a day so I'm already planning how to use them all :)

Hi we used quite a few snack credits here this month and we WERE able to get candy apples, bags of cotton candy, etc all as snack credits. I asked the workers and was told I could get a candy or caramel apple (also the caramel with nuts) and ANYTHING in the glass case (like the fudge, giant peanut butter cups, etc). I did also use a snack credit for two of the giant white chocolate peanut butter cups there. We also used snack credits there on those little baby bottle suckers. We were NOT able to use it for those small tubes of sugar that is different colors where you make your own. The workers seemed surprised as we picked the smallest one and they said you couldn't share it really so they were surprised.

I can't tell you how many people asked us where we got the candy apples from. They were YUMMY!

We are going next weekend for 7 days. When we check in, will they give us a list of locations that accept the DDP?

Yes and no.

They will give you a current brochure which will tell you about quick service meals, table service meals, character meals, signature meals and dinner shows.

In terms of snacks though, there are many other places that won't be on that list and they seem to have moved away from providing an advance list of DDP snack locations.

Thank you so much to everyone who comes and posts here to keep info up to date!

This thread is what persuaded me to go ahead with the DDP. I used (I think Tricia's?) spreadsheet to compare what we would actually spend to the cost of the DDP and it was so close to break even, we were deciding against the DDP in case plans had to change for unexpected reasons. I knew Disney had great snacks and - from the brochure - an orange and a bag chips or bottle of water just didn't appeal!

Our trip is in June, and we are so excited as it's our daughter's first trip to Disney. :goodvibes It's a little disheartening to see the cuts starting to the snacks already - bread sticks from Pizzafari and on another thread cinnamon rolls?

Not a problem really, but we will use the new 2009 Snacks to decide whether we'll cancel the DDP.

Thanks to everyone!!

Gigi

On another thread, there is a report that you cannot use snack credits at Goofys Candy Company anymore.

Sad.

Yeah, I just saw that about Goofy's & the breadsticks. Hopefully there isn't much more cut from 09's list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter