• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2007 Free Dining Details - "Your Next Disney Vacation"

what is the "free" dining plan?

First off the Dining Plan is a package component which includes one table service, one counter service and one snack credit per person per night of your package. Your package must include some form of theme park tickets and hotel. Free Dining is the discounted portion of the package - the Dining Plan would be included for free for everyone on the package but you'd be paying rack rate for the hotel. The Free Dining promo was first offered in '05 then '06 for stays in late summer which is the low season for Disney. For '07 it has only been offered to UK residents traveling during a specific time period as well as through a pilot program. The pilot program ran from last Nov.- Dec. and was called the Bounceback or Future Stay Promo. If you were staying on site during Nov.-Dec. and you booked your next stay while at WDW and your next stay fell between Aug.-Sept. '07, you got Free Dining.

I have free dining (also booked via the Bounce Back Program) for Sept 29th-Oct 7th. When I look online dining is not mentioned, but on the confirmation they send you it has the CS, TS, and snacks listed for each night. I wouldn't panic (unless the confirmation they send you doesn't list the dining). You should receive it in the mail in just a few days.

I just saw this thread! And funny, Lisa was the SAME girl we booked our vacation with while we were there! We were staying on DVC points and went to POR just to make this ressie. We were the FIRST ones in line and got POP for 7 nights, 1 day MYW ticket for 2 Adults, 1 Child for $843 (something like that). FREE DINING...what can be better? Lisa was SUCH a great help and a PLEASURE to deal with. She even gave the kids Disney stickers and Goofy figures to keep while they waited.

Now I get to make my ADRs on 2/27! I CAN'T WAIT! Congrats to everyone who is already booked! :cool2:

Congrats to all those now booking free dining! We were hoping that you'd all get a chance to participate. Enjoy!! :goodvibes

I dont know if anyone can answer this but i'll give it a shot...

I know that the free dining begins 8/26... but I was wondering if I begin my stay on the 23rd, and went through the 29th, would I get free dining for the entire vacation? Or only half of it (if thats even possible)?

I can help with this, since last year we were in a similar situation. You'll have to arrange for two different reservations, one checking in on 8/23 and checking out on the morning of 8/26 (three nights on that reservation). Immediately following the check-out, they will sign you back in for the final nights (8/26-29), and those would be under the free dining package. Unfortunately, the first three days will be out of pocket dining - you can't get an advance on the dining credits. We were able to keep the same room, but there's always a chance you'll have to move to a new room at the same resort, but it's well worth the risk!!

Best of luck! :goodvibes

So...doesn't look like there will be any free dining for new packages booked in April as the last 2 years. :guilty: Oh well...I guess I better get down there THIS Nov/Dec. to snag it for '08!!! :yay:

It's just over one month until the first of the free dining begins. How many of you will be there beginning August 5th? It seems like only yesterday that we all booked our future stay trips, doesn't it? All in all, it makes that brief December trip very much worth while.

We'll be starting our bounceback package on August 16th. :hyper:

I was trying to remember, but I can't - did the available dates for the bounceback package end at the same time as the ones open to the general public? Also, when do the general public dates begin?

Bounce-back started 8/5 thru 9/29/07. Think first booking for FDP was 8/26? Sure if I am wrong someone will correct very quickly:lmao:

Only two days until Bounce Back free dining begins! Here's hoping that everyone who took advantage of the promotion has a wonderful time. Just remember, all those calories are off-set by all that walking... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter