• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2007 Free Dining Details - "Your Next Disney Vacation"

I am hoping like crazy they offer the free dining again this fall...DH and I went last September and will likely take the kids this August if they offer it.

I wonder though if they give free dining for September if it's not going to than make the parks over-over-over crowded!! Usually that time is the value season & September is not usually busy once the kids go back to school but if they offer free dining, maybe A LOT more people will take the trip at that time.....does it still make it worth it? We're planning an early October trip but have not confirmed our tickets, waiting to see if free dining is offered in September, but I'm beginning to think, if that many people are willing to go now in September, it might be too busy to be worth it. What do you think? :confused3

I wonder though if they give free dining for September if it's not going to than make the parks over-over-over crowded!! Usually that time is the value season & September is not usually busy once the kids go back to school but if they offer free dining, maybe A LOT more people will take the trip at that time.....does it still make it worth it? We're planning an early October trip but have not confirmed our tickets, waiting to see if free dining is offered in September, but I'm beginning to think, if that many people are willing to go now in September, it might be too busy to be worth it. What do you think? :confused3

Went the last two years in Sept w/free dining & I didn't think the parks were crowded at all. Others have said that getting ADRs were hard to get though. However, I didn't have any problems...maybe because we went the week of Labor Day or maybe because it's just the two of us? Either way, we thought it was great! Going again in Sept!!

Clearly,the objective is to make the parks (or at least the hotels!) crowded that time of year -- they'll probably continue to try things to get closer and closer to that.

I've been thinking about this and I wonder if Disney is going to not offer the free DDP because they don't want to set a precidence? Having it 2 years in a row makes people start to expect it every year, 3 years in a row and it's almost considered a right to have it. So maybe they will try to shake things up by offering a different deal?

We went to WDW both years during Free Dining. The first year we went the third week of September and the park was absolutely quiet. We didn't wait for 1 ride and in fact, we only ever saw 1 Fast Pass machine that was in action because they just simply didn't need them.
Last summer we went from Aug.26th-Sept.1st and because of the increase in popularity of the Free Dining promotion and all the buzz about how difficult it was to get an ADR I was expecting much bigger crowds. While it definitely was busier than our first trip, we still didn't experience the massive crowds that I thought might be in the World. With some advanced planning with regards to meals we didn't have any trouble. The wait times for rides were a bit longer, but really not too bad at all, although we did use Fast Pass for the big rides.
I think a big part of the problem last year was that many people were not aware of the fact that they should have made ADR's. If you've never been to WDW before a lot of people don't realize just how big a part of the planning those ADR's can be. So people were arriving for their trips and weren't able to use the dining plan the way they expected and we heard reports of people being turned away at all the TS restaurants, but my guess would be that most of those people were trying to get into a restaurant without an ADR at peak meal times.
I'm sure that a lot of people will take advantage of the Free Dining if it's offered, but many people,especially those with school-aged children will simply not be able to do it or will be unwilling to do it because they don't want their child to miss the beginning of school. Now that schools in Florida aren't going back until later in August that may also play into the scenario, but no one really knows. All we can do is hope and wait. It is fun to speculate though, isn't it???

Yesterday morning at 7AM the 180+10 day window for ADRs opened, for those arriving on August 5th for the free dining promotion. I was wondering whether anyone else booked those ADRs yet? We were ten for ten, with all chosen TS restaurants, dates and times.

Last year we booked our ADRs for free dining approximately 90 days in advance, and although we did get most (but not all) of our first choices of restaurants, the times weren't the best.

I'd imagine that August ADRs will really begin to fill up, once the UK residents begin booking their free dining, in a week or so...so call soon folks!

We're not going till mid September, so we've got a little while yet. I just wish they would post the September hours soon.

Still waiting to see if it is going to be free dining or not. Hope they let us know soon!!!

Yesterday morning at 7AM the 180+10 day window for ADRs opened, for those arriving on August 5th for the free dining promotion. I was wondering whether anyone else booked those ADRs yet? We were ten for ten, with all chosen TS restaurants, dates and times.

Last year we booked our ADRs for free dining approximately 90 days in advance, and although we did get most (but not all) of our first choices of restaurants, the times weren't the best.

I'd imagine that August ADRs will really begin to fill up, once the UK residents begin booking their free dining, in a week or so...so call soon folks!

No, I think I am going to wait to see if they offer free dining to the public. I feel, if we fill the restaurants why offer the free dinning. If I did make ressie and they don't offer free dining, I would have to call back and cancel them.:guilty:

OK, I probably should have stated this clearer. I meant that those who booked the free dining program on-site at WDW in November and December should call in those ADRs soon... :goodvibes

Hi M-I-C-K-E-Y! Thanks for the reminder. I've been waiting on pins and needles to make our ADRs ever since the Aug. park hours were released Feb. 1st. I have exactly 14 days before I can officially make them. Hopefully I'll have our itinerary finalized by this weekend.:)

BTW, just noticed you'll be staying at the Polynesian too. We arrive 8/21 - can't wait!

You guys are so lucky. I am hopping they offer this offer when we go in august. I would differently sign up.

I am worried about restaurants filling up...but I have a list ready to go:rotfl2: So if they do offer I can call right away.

We're not going till mid September, so we've got a little while yet. I just wish they would post the September hours soon.

They should have the hours posted end of the month:cool1: I am waiting on the same thing so I can book ADR's for our bounce back and free dining :banana:

Key Kelli-am on here too-NOT stalking you though:lmao: I can make ADR's on 3-4, looks like I'll be in the air though:thumbsup2 .
Do you know what yours are yet?:hippie:

Narcooses(sp). Yes, IMO it was worth 2. We are going back, DS#1 still talks about that & Kona. You are able to go out and watch Wishes if you are dining at that time. BTW that is also where I got none of my crab cakes:lmao:

Hi Castillo Mom,

I'm glad to hear that you'll be ready to go with the ADRs soon. From what you posted, it looks as though we'll be leaving the Polynesian only a few days before you folks arrive. We'll be there at the beginning of the Free Dining, just after Tikifest ends (unfortunate but true!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter