• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2007 Free Dining Details - "Your Next Disney Vacation"

We booked this package at POR in Dec. The CM that we booked with said this promotion was being used in a test to evaluate the results of having a reservation agent on site. He did say they used the free dining promo for the test because this promo did so well in the past.

To answer dizneedrmr's question about paying for the package with a Disney Visa isn't it normally only the deposit that must be paid with a Disney Visa? Does anyone know how it works for sure because I'm also curious?

Thanks!:wave2:
Carla

To answer dizneedrmr's question about paying for the package with a Disney Visa isn't it normally only the deposit that must be paid with a Disney Visa? Does anyone know how it works for sure because I'm also curious?

Thanks!:wave2:
Carla

You're correct. You would only need to pay the deposit with your Disney Visa card. I'm a new cardholder and I recently called WDW to ask that specific question. All subsequent payments can be made by any other acceptable method.

Those who are worried about using their card, just set aside the cash for the deposit and when your Disney Visa bill comes with the charge on it, pay it right away.

Here is some information for those of you waiting on a public free dining release. What it really means I'm not sure. :)

On 12/13/06 I booked a 9 night bounce back at CSR with a starting date of 9/28. I was told at that time I could change my dates, number of days and resort if I changed my mind later. I called CRO(regular CRO) on 1/4/07 and asked to change my dates and increase it to 10 nights. I changed it to arriving on 8/30 and departing on 9/9. Today I got my confirmation in the mail it shows the new dates and says "MYW + FREE DINE AUG-SEP".

So to me it looks like not all of the resorts are booked solid and that they do have some rooms that they could use for a general publib free dining offer. Now whether they have enough rooms to satisfy demand or enough to make it worth doing a public offer is debatable.

So to me it looks like not all of the resorts are booked solid and that they do have some rooms that they could use for a general publib free dining offer. Now whether they have enough rooms to satisfy demand or enough to make it worth doing a public offer is debatable.

I hope you're right. :wizard:

Here is some information for those of you waiting on a public free dining release. What it really means I'm not sure. :)

On 12/13/06 I booked a 9 night bounce back at CSR with a starting date of 9/28. I was told at that time I could change my dates, number of days and resort if I changed my mind later. I called CRO(regular CRO) on 1/4/07 and asked to change my dates and increase it to 10 nights. I changed it to arriving on 8/30 and departing on 9/9. Today I got my confirmation in the mail it shows the new dates and says "MYW + FREE DINE AUG-SEP".

I hope your right too!! Going down for Easter and upgrading to an annual pass. I hope, if free dining is out by then, keeping my fingers crossed!:goodvibes

For my family's sake, I hope the free DDP is offered in April. It's a great incentive to just go ahead and book. I booked last year for 6 days as a suprise to my wife and my 3 year old son...yes it would have been his first trip. But wifey decided that he was too young and wouldn't handle the trip very well...so I cancelled. I could kick myself now. My wife and I got married at the Poly in 2001 and have longed to go back since and now with my son here, I can't wait. I would leave this very minute to go. We now watch the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse everyday, not to mention Cars on almost a daily basis. And he jumps and screams everytime a WDW commercial may be on. So I know it's time to go. I want to stay longer and the free DDP would be and added bonus. I wonder if there's any chance I could call now and but some stroke of luck they would be able to offer it to me? Probably just wishful thinking. Anyways, thanks for the wonderful info and giving some hope to us sorry sapsuckers who cancelled last year. Counting the days till April!

For my family's sake, I hope the free DDP is offered in April. It's a great incentive to just go ahead and book. I booked last year for 6 days as a suprise to my wife and my 3 year old son...yes it would have been his first trip. But wifey decided that he was too young and wouldn't handle the trip very well...so I cancelled. I could kick myself now. My wife and I got married at the Poly in 2001 and have longed to go back since and now with my son here, I can't wait. I would leave this very minute to go. We now watch the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse everyday, not to mention Cars on almost a daily basis. And he jumps and screams everytime a WDW commercial may be on. So I know it's time to go. I want to stay longer and the free DDP would be and added bonus. I wonder if there's any chance I could call now and but some stroke of luck they would be able to offer it to me? Probably just wishful thinking. Anyways, thanks for the wonderful info and giving some hope to us sorry sapsuckers who cancelled last year. Counting the days till April! :thanks:

Thanks for clearing up the Disney Visa question! I can definitely pay that deposit right away! Hurry up April!!!

I have a pretty good feeling about free dining after booking my vacation package today. But to be honest heck I would be happy with free cs and a couple snacks, maybe a couple ts meals. I don't have to have as many ts meals if its free. Just feed me and I will be happy and made to feel like I saved a ton of money on my insurance.:rotfl2:

I keep thinking we will hear something, some new rumors or something, soon since the last promotion is now over.

Aren't there any Disney insiders around who could give us a hint? :thumbsup2 :rolleyes1

The insiders usually find out about 20 minutes before we do. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter