• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2007 Free Dining Details - "Your Next Disney Vacation"

M-I-C-K-E-Y

DIS Veteran
I've just returned from a 30 hour trip down to WDW, specifically to book a family vacation for August 2007.

While there, I had the chance to have an in depth conversation with the lady who began this program, in early November. As a fellow Disboard member, she was more than happy to give me the official details and clear up some misconceptions:

Details:

1) You DO need to be staying at a WDW resort to book the August/September 2007 free dining plan. They have computers on site and can easily verify that you're lodging there. HOWEVER, if you do check out and hit the parks, then make your way home, you can STILL book the room for next year. They are there until 10PM every night. As she stated "we're not going to deny someone a room in 2007 just on a technicality, because they didn't phone prior to checking out." However, you DO need to book that room before 10PM that same evening. It states this clearly on the 2007 reservation card I received "or call once you return home."

2) To book your room, DO NOT phone the usual 1-407-W-DISNEY line (even though it states this on the 2007 reservation card). Only about 33 CMs even know about this program - it's a special group. THE NUMBER TO CALL IS: 1-407-541-5527. When phoning this number, you will probably speak with someone very familiar with the program. If you have any difficulties, please ask to speak directly with Lisa B. from Disney Vacations, who is the CM that passed along these details. She may also be found at the Port Orleans - Riverside "Your Next Disney Vacation" desk, in the main reception area of the resort (as pictured below):

future-stay.jpg

This desk also serves double-duty as the cruise line desk (sans the special markings you see above) so if you visit either before 1PM or after 10PM, it may be confusing. If you need to speak with Lisa directly, they may transfer you to the Disney Cruise Line extension at Port Orleans - Riverside, but before 1PM expect a cruise line employee to answer that call and be thoroughly confused!

4) While there is a three day MINIMUM for booking the future stay, there is NO MAXIMUM. It has been stated here that 10 days was the maximum, but I was told that a Canadian family had booked a 20 day future stay the first day this program began, in early November.

5) ALL RESORTS are available and you're eligible to book this no matter where you are staying at present. I lodged in a room at Pop Century and it ran somewhere around $72 for one night, including taxes and fees. We're booking a stay at the Polynesian, so you can definitely see that there's no connection as to where you're lodging now and where you wish to be in the future.

6) Interesting Fact: This is the first time in 35 years that WDW has ever done face-to-face vacation booking.

7) Deadline: DECEMBER 31, 2006. This program will officially end then, and depending on how well it is received, may or may not be opened to the public in April (no official word on this yet). Now, here's an interesting detail. She mentioned that September 2007 is booking very fast. I attempted to book for 10 nights at the Polynesian beginning August 5th, but there were no Garden View rooms left. Thankfully, by moving the beginning night to August 6th, 10 nights were available. The key points on this are plan on being slightly flexible with your travel dates and if you're looking to book free dining at a smaller, desirable resort (especially since British residents that have been booking for quite some time now) get down there and lock in your 2007 trip before the end of December. Folks - for these saving, why take a chance? While the program may be offered in April, you could miss out on the hotel or dates of your choice.

8) Special details. You can take care of all of your needs, including special requests, when you book. It helps to come prepared, but if you're not sure where you wish to stay, simply check out the maps and views, then call that special number by December 31st to put that request in. After that date, call the regular WDW number and they will also be able to assist.

That's all I can recall from my 30 hour quick trip. Think of it as a wonderful investment for next year and the chance to do some quick holiday shopping for the members of your Disney Family!

Thanks to Lisa for all the wonderful information and help for the Disboard members! If I got anything wrong, I'm sure she'll be in touch here, to pass along revised information.

I'm sure there will be some questions, so fire away...

Wow,
It makes sense why I had some difficulty getting my "bounceback" vacation booked while at disney last weekend while at AKL. (I posted the experience elsewhere) It was like NO ONE knew...I actually DID book thru central reservations after being transferred to a "special someone". I am so glad I was able to get in on the deal.
Your post is excellent, so thorough, thank you, I am sure you will be helping out many people.
Enjoy the Holiday Season!

Glad to hear you were able to sort through the red tape and book that 2007 trip!

I'm just hoping that these details might help others make that "quick trip" down there prior to Christmas (imagine it then!) I'd do it again, in a second!

I think you meant that the offer expires December 31, 2006, not 2007, right?

Awesome info.!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for posting!!! :thumbsup2

Lisa took care of us too. She is awesome & very knowledgeable. Just wondering, did she know you posted her picture? Have a great vacation & happy eating :thumbsup2

I just booked this 2 nights ago. I called CRO from my cell phone and was transferred to someone who knew about the program. I kept getting cut off but she had taken my cell phone number and called back. We booked 3 woods view rooms at WL for 5 nights. I wanted standard view but they weren't available.

We may change dates and even resorts; the important thing is to book while you are still there. By the way, we stayed 5 nights at CBR and never saw or heard anything about this program.

Thanks for the 2006 vs. 2007 edit point - I've changed the typo on the OP.

Yes, Lisa approved the photo, and was pleased to have it posted here. I made a point of asking her whether she thought a photo was a good idea, and she believed it might clear up some of the confusion here. When I offered her the chance to step out, so the photo would just feature the reservation desk, she told me that it would be fine for her to be in the picture (I wasn't sure whether Disney would approve, but she said it was OK). :thumbsup2

M-I-C-K-E-Y--you're awesome! Thanks for all the detailed info.

No maximum stay for the free DDP--really? I wonder if this will be true for those of us booking in April (assuming it's offered in April)? We'd love to stay more than 10 days, but don't want to have to switch hotels or purchase a second set of tickets. Time will tell, I suppose.

M-I-C-K-E-Y, thank you so much for posting this information. My SIL/BIL moved to South Carolina about a month ago and they're joining us on our upcoming trip in Aug. After reading your post, my lightbulb went on. Orlando is only about 6 hours away from where they live, so why not drive down and spend the night at Pop Century and book our package. I called her last night and she didn't even hesitate, so I booked a quick little trip. The cost of one night is worth it to us. Thanks again! :worship:

Hi Castillo Mom,

That's great news - I am so pleased that someone decided to bite the proverbial bullet and make the booking trip this month! It was a wonderful little visit, and in addition to booking the room for next August, I also had a chance to do some quick Christmas shopping. WDW looks wonderful this time of year, and will look even better once you book that future stay! :thumbsup2

We just booked this and got our confirmation in the mail. For ASMu, value, it is $793.64 which includes the 1 day, MYW pass, for 2 adults for 7 nights. Looks like they are including the Planet Hollywood voucher again and a Miniature Golf voucher (what ever that is!). And a Sea Raycer offer voucher (again, what ever that is!)

We had a heck of a time finding this offer while there. They hid it well and most knew nothing of it. I had to book with that 'special person' on the phone!

Muushka said:
We just booked this and got our confirmation in the mail. For ASMu, value, it is $793.64 which includes the 1 day, MYW pass, for 2 adults for 7 nights. Looks like they are including the Planet Hollywood voucher again and a Miniature Golf voucher (what ever that is!). And a Sea Raycer offer voucher (again, what ever that is!)

We had a heck of a time finding this offer while there. They hid it well and most knew nothing of it. I had to book with that 'special person' on the phone!

I booked ASMu for eight nights in Sept with one day MYW tickets for two adults and mine was $994.78. I wonder why it was $200.00 higher for just one more night?

Castillo Mom said:
M-I-C-K-E-Y, thank you so much for posting this information. My SIL/BIL moved to South Carolina about a month ago and they're joining us on our upcoming trip in Aug. After reading your post, my lightbulb went on. Orlando is only about 6 hours away from where they live, so why not drive down and spend the night at Pop Century and book our package. I called her last night and she didn't even hesitate, so I booked a quick little trip. The cost of one night is worth it to us. Thanks again! :worship:

You're soooo lucky!!!! :cool1: Any chance she'd want to go again???? :confused3 Heck, I'll even spring for 2 nights!!!! :rotfl:

Ok can someone please help a Quebec resident ? So far I am willing to make the 24hrs drive to take that special but have one question : can I book for 3 days and take only 1 day ticket and add more nights and day tickets afterwards?

Merci !

aubriee said:
I booked ASMu for eight nights in Sept with one day MYW tickets for two adults and mine was $994.78. I wonder why it was $200.00 higher for just one more night?

Hmmm, not sure why. Did you get the park-hopper option and the option to use water parks or PI? Mine did not include any extras.

lgaston said:
Ok can someone please help a Quebec resident ? So far I am willing to make the 24hrs drive to take that special but have one question : can I book for 3 days and take only 1 day ticket and add more nights and day tickets afterwards?

Merci !

I know that you can add days on to the tickets right up until the last minute during the trip, but I don't know about adding more nights after arrival. Someone else may be able to help, hopefully!

Ok, yes, I would like to take advantage of free dining next year like this year. But I am not making a special trip there to do so. What is stopping you from making reservations now, online, with everything except free dining Then adding it to your reservation once it (most likely) will be available?

penjen said:
Ok, yes, I would like to take advantage of free dining next year like this year. But I am not making a special trip there to do so. What is stopping you from making reservations now, online, with everything except free dining Then adding it to your reservation once it (most likely) will be available?

Penjen, you stated the exact reason for the special trip, Free Dining will most likely be offered to the general public, but there is no guarantee. What I'm spending for a quick trip down is minor in comparison to what I'll be saving. We currently have 11 nights booked at the Polynesian in Aug. I have 3 teenage sons and for the 4 of us, it will save me over $1,500 if we get Free Dining. For someone staying fewer nights, or who have children under 10, a special trip may not make sense. Your mileage may vary as they say. :)

Edited to add: I have also read reports that the response to the pilot program has been good and that some dates are already not available at some resorts. Keep in mind that there would only be a select number of rooms alotted for this discount so you can't aways just add Free Dining. I've also already purchased airfare, so my travel dates are pretty much set in stone. My preference is the Polynesian because this is a special trip for my son's graduation, but would be flexible as to the resort if absolutely necessary.

Oh, and I re-ran the numbers because my sister is joining my boys and I on this trip and will be staying in the same room with us. So that would be 5 x 38.99 per night = 194.95 x 11 nights = a total of 2,144.45 for dining. I'm not wealthy so that's a significant savings for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter