2005 Solos - Check in here!

May be going solo April 9 to 17 (or maybe less time) since my cousin was to go with me, but her Mom isn't doing well and we don't think she will recover by that time. I feel terrible, but I am hoping that this does turn into a solo as I have been to WDW with her once before and she loves Disney. BUT you cannot imagine how long she takes with her makeup and hair and being Miss Perfect............Hours----I finally gave up on her last year and said that I would meet her somewhere and I think she was insulted. I am not sure that I could tolerate her waste of time again!!!!!!! Otherwise she is a great person and we are very close and I love her dearly! Last year was the first time in our adult lives (59 & 61)that we had "lived" together, so I was rather surprised that she took so long to get ready, only to have makeup slide off and her hair frizz........I feel guilty thinking like this, but I can't help it.

:guilty:

Hey...

I'll be moving to Tavares, FL - which is just outside of Orlando in mid-January. I figure hopefully by the last weekend of January I'll be settled enough to go. I can't wait - it's been five or six years since I've been to WDW. Went to DL in Anaheim a few times - NOT the same in my mind.

I think I'm going to get one of the t-shirts and a button so I can see if I spot anyone from on here. I'm new on here so don't "know" anyone on here yet - but if someone has a button or a shirt when I'm there - I'll say "hi".

I'm hoping to be able to go a LOT! I won't know anyone but my parents when I move down there. But what a great place to be near!!!

Smiles,

Holly

Hadn't really planned on going this year but as it turns out I'll be in Orlando for a work conference and plan to get to WDW while I'm there. I think I'll use some DVC points and head down the weekend before the conference or the weekend after...maybe both! I've been to DIS a time or two alone for an afternoon or evening, also during onferences but this will be my first time specifically solo. If all works out I'll be there Sept 9-11 and/or 16-18! Thinking of staying at the Villas at WL or the Beachclub Villas.

Jovidan, stay in touch, it may be fun to meet up with someone I "sort of" know - even if it's only for one drink! I'll send you a picture of me if you like so you'll recognise me.

I just confirmed my dates for May. I'll be at the Dolphin from May 25-30. My dear mother will be joining me (she hasn't been to WDW in 3+ years), so while it won't be a solo trip, it's a trip nonetheless.

Who else is traveling to WDW solo in 2005?

Haven't firmed up dates yet, but a solo trip definitely is in my 2005 plans. Had a solo trip planned for January-DS shocked me by offering to go with me.
I planned a solo trip in May, but then Mom wanted to come with me. Now I'm looking at a solo trip in late November, or hopefully the very first week in December.

living so close to WDW i am there about every weekend (not june july or august). at least one weekend day or both im there solo. if anyone wants to meet for lunch or see an attraction, let me know. send email or PM as i get lost on these longs threads of who is coming and when LOL <G>

oh and i do drop by sometimes after work during week when possible.

I've never taken a solo trip before. I'm not sure about it. Do you feel lonely at some point? I may try it some time in the future, but I don't know how comfortable I'd feel. It would be a whole new experience, I guess.

Sorta going solo April 12 to April 17. DD is going on a bus, 20 hour ride, with her high school music group, and I do not want to spend 20 hours on a bus there and back with over 50 HS students. I am going to fly down so I will be there a day before and a day after, with sometime inbetween also on my own. I can hook up with her and the class when I want and be alone went I want. When I was in my 20's I traveled solo alot, but that was a long time ago. LOL I am a little nervous and glad I will have her around.

Only thing is, they are not staying on disney property, and I want to, so I am not sure about my hotel yet. Stay at WDW or off property at their hotel?

In the Kingdom from early Jan - Early Feb for some business and some pleasure. Email me at brianw@pga.com if you would be interested in hanging out at oneof the parks.

32 - Male - From Iowa

See ya later

Joining in the ranks!... I just booked my trip.. feb 9-15 solo at the POP ... First time staying at a Value... and I am looking forward to it... I have no real plans except to have fun! ONLY down side to staying at POP is no internet access! Anyone have any tips on this one? I have a WiFi on my computer... and am really just learning about it.... so.. any ideas! And Ladies meeting at the pool bar..keep your lime green visable.. I will do the same.. maybe we can all run into each other!

Kathy :sunny: :wave:

Kathy, it's a shame you don't turn up until the 9th. I will be leaving on the 10th. I maybe at the bar at Pop Century on the evening of the 9th.

Zoe.

I'll be in Florida twice in 2005, April 17-23 and again for the entire month of July. I'm staying with friends for free and have been trying to tell myself that I will simply enjoy the beach and save money by not going to WDW. However, I enjoyed my solo trip last year so much that I'm finding it hard to resist the siren song of WDW! I like ASMu (to each her own, right? ;) ), and would probably stay there to justify the expense; then again, DS wants to stay at POP for his birthday trip in 2006, so I may check that out as well. If I came into unexpected cash or a great code, maybe a return to POR... OK, so I may as well admit I'll be there!! :)

I'll be solo at the Swan May 9 - 16. I'm planning to meet DIS friends during my stay, but I'll be solo the rest of the time. I had such a great time during my solo days in December, I can't wait!

2BoysMum&Dad said:
Kathy, it's a shame you don't turn up until the 9th. I will be leaving on the 10th. I maybe at the bar at Pop Century on the evening of the 9th.

Zoe.

Hiya Zoe...If these schedules are at all correct.. it seems there are emh at the mk on the 9th... so I probably will do that.. then head over to the bar... so.. if you are still there, I will look for ya!

Kathy

I am coming down with my teen sons and if there are any other solo travelers going to be there during this time, I would love to go to Pleasure Island or just hang out with adults for once, as I don't get that chance much being a full time single mom! Between work and being mom, I don't get that interaction much,haha...So let me know if anyone will be there from Feb 27-March 4th!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter