***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

19 days!! Picked up our suitcases this weekend, mouse keeping envelopes (dd is decorating them), glow Sticks! Getting there. Going to start doing day by day itinerary next week. Also thanks to touring plans, moved our skippers canteen dinnER to 615pm which makes everything flow better. It means we need to catch Elsa lighting the castle the next day but that's fine...we will watch it and then go straight to gf foe dinner.

If anyone still needs a powerbank, Amazon has 3 RavPower versions on sale today. I own the big one and it's currently $24.99, which I think is a great deal!

Link here

I got the ankar one yesterday in the mail (smaller one) that @DisneyBelle27 suggested. Tested it once last night and worked great. Will test today at work too. Fingers crossed it works today too!

Happy Monday!!!

12 days to go.... I'm moving my final prep into high gear. Operation laundry :laundy:was completed this weekend. In the process I've identifies any remaining items that we need to purchase for our trip...

The kids are both getting the forms they need from school today and having their teachers sign them. As long as the teachers ign them they are required to allow the kids to make up any missed work. I'm hoping that they can get a bunch of stuff before the break next week.

I think I'm the only one actually doing this now, so I hope y'all don't mind if I check in anyway. #OL10LB is still going strong! I haven't had sugar since a week ago Thursday and I'm down nearly 3 pounds. I had a birthday party tonight and ate ham but avoided the sweet potatoes w/ apples and marshmallows, jello salad, corn muffins, and cupcakes. :scared: I kept thinking about the Butterfinger cupcake I'm going to eat guilt-free in 2 weeks! :thumbsup2 I can do this... I can do this... :drive:I'll just keep telling myself that...

Nice job!! I'm doing it too, but this week because I've been sick, and the only thing I can eat is carbs, I haven't been talking about it much. However, I stepped on the scale this morning and realized I've lost almost 5 pounds this week!!

@Iowamomof4, I'm still with it, go #OL10LB! Doing my exercise every day and no snacking after dinner. . .
We CAN do this!!!

So proud of all of you the the #OL10LBS!!!! go go go!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I have one portable charger and I think mi get one of these at the parks....
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...to-sell-portable-chargers-for-mobile-devices/

I have a little immediate family, (only the 3 of us), and I agree more screen time lowers our interactions and conversations. Certainly not magical by any means. And WDW has created some truly magical moments for me and DS, so the stress and planning part (up to a point) always seems worth it.
I can tell you have thought quite a bit about the matter, so you know what is right for you and your family.:grouphug:
I could go on and on about these topics . . . but I have been told I am a good listener, too:goodvibes.
You are welcome a bunch! :hug:

I hope you don't feel like you are at work!!

We are a family of 3 as well, though its me, DD18 and DS14. Not very original, but we do say we are the 3 musketeers! :-) Or that we're small in number but mighty in spirit! lol We're very close and strongly connected, and having felt some disconnect there for a while is precisely why I have thought about this screen time/planning time thing so much.

The planning is totally worth it, I think! "To a point" really stands out to me though because I seriously had issues with going way beyond "to a certain point". Some things were reflected back to me during this planning process that really opened my eyes to the fact that I was going overboard. Among other things, we concluded that magic really cannot be planned (at least for us, we feel it happens outside of the plans). I think I'm in recovery now! ;)

This self-care you mention...I'm terrible at it (I think many moms are). I think of it as "getting in my own head" and I need to do it more. It's so necessary and I don't know why I always throw it on the back burner. The way you talked about it was very inspiring...like, wow, that is the best idea EVER and I REALLY want to do that ASAP!!

It's true, you ARE a good listener!! haha Thanks. :flower3:

I'm also taking the 23rd off and plan to go to see Moana that day! Hopefully we find time to see Fantastic Beasts before then.
LOL, I made a date to watch Fantastic Beasts that day with a friend... and am thinking about watching Moana alone before or after that! :D I'm going to have a few sleepless nights to prep everything at a different time but it'll be worth it :thumbsup2

I've been trying to figure out how to organize the tips/tidbits I've gathered along the way with all the aspects of Disney planning. I wanted something relatively small, simple and non-electronic. So I went with a couple of these (Amazon). Lots of ways to organize this, but in my mind I'll label the tabs by date and I figure I'll use 4 cards per day. I'm thinking...

#1: ADR/FP times and any extras that day with confirmation numbers.
#2: Snacks in that day's park(s). These get their own card! haha Photo op spots on the back.
#3: Loose outline of our touring plan.
#4: Random info that doesn't fit into the other 3.

Will stick this in a quart-size Ziplock so it's waterproofed and just pop it in the park bag. Maybe I'll use them a lot, maybe I won't. But I like they idea of relying on these rather than my memory! ;)

51DZemuk46L._SL1100_.jpg

I've been trying to figure out how to organize the tips/tidbits I've gathered along the way with all the aspects of Disney planning. I wanted something relatively small, simple and non-electronic. So I went with a couple of these (Amazon). Lots of ways to organize this, but in my mind I'll label the tabs by date and I figure I'll use 4 cards per day. I'm thinking...

#1: ADR/FP times and any extras that day with confirmation numbers.
#2: Snacks in that day's park(s). These get their own card! haha Photo op spots on the back.
#3: Loose outline of our touring plan.
#4: Random info that doesn't fit into the other 3.

Will stick this in a quart-size Ziplock so it's waterproofed and just pop it in the park bag. Maybe I'll use them a lot, maybe I won't. But I like they idea of relying on these rather than my memory! ;)

51DZemuk46L._SL1100_.jpg
Love this idea. I made one for snacks and I can't shrink it more, LOL! It's half a page...
upload_2016-11-14_9-39-20.png

Hey all!

Crazy weekend! We did get a lot done, so I'm feel pretty okay with everything. Currently, my dining room table is stuffed with our Disney junk, in hopes I get it packed today. I need to update and finish our trip binder that has all of our confirmations in it. I do realize that this probably isn't necessary, but because we're renting points, I want all of it with me, in paper form. :)

I also need to bake my famous pumpkin bars for DD's class for Friday.

15 days!

Hey all!

Crazy weekend! We did get a lot done, so I'm feel pretty okay with everything. Currently, my dining room table is stuffed with our Disney junk, in hopes I get it packed today. I need to update and finish our trip binder that has all of our confirmations in it. I do realize that this probably isn't necessary, but because we're renting points, I want all of it with me, in paper form. :)

I also need to bake my famous pumpkin bars for DD's class for Friday.

15 days!
I wish there was an emoji to applaud! So great you were able to finish a lot! I need to get my butt moving! 16 days to go and I just got my suitcases out. Still waiting for my teepublic order to arrive... (it takes more than 2 weeks to get to me!) and one more package from walmart... need to go to the dollarstore.... need to get my little notes done and printed... still so much to be done.

Ooohhh...that is SUCH a great list!! I just laugh and laugh and how much we talk about food and snacks here! haha It IS an important part of the vacation though!! Thanks for sharing that list! :love::love::love:
LOL it's a huge list. But we'll get what we feel like, just a visual for options, especially since I have 24 snack credits at the last leg of my trip. If you want a file, PM me your email and I'll send it to you :D it's ready to be printed ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter