***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I don't care about the zika virus. the oven is closed and there are tons of microscopic bugs out there, I'm not going to overly focus on just one (I would if it could harm an unborn child).

Is anyone interested in doing a Memory Maker share? My dates are 11/30-12/7. Ideally it's best not to overlap dates if, but not a huge concern to me. The $149 price tag is still a little bit out of my reach. I'd be willing to do it with one other person or a group.

Me! I actually just posted about this a little while ago. I did one last time with 8 people and our dates all overlapped but it was fine. My dates are 11/30-12/5 (but no park photos on arrival day). It seems like most people coordinate via a private Facebook page or via email since this site doesn't support discussion of shares.

I've never done a character meal without kids in tow, but I LOVE characters so it should a blast. When we planned this trip we had 221 days until Disney, now 2 weeks before we leave my sister has finally started reading, researching and getting excited. In her defense, we thought we were going to have to cancel for the longest time. She's looking forward to characters the most, which is good because we have Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Akershus, MVMCP and Club Villain.

I hope to take a solo trip sometime. I'm a little nervous about the idea, but love reading TR from others.

Solo trips are great if you ever get the chance to do them. And def liberating! You get to do whatever you want whenever you want! Lol. So far I've done WDW once and San Juan, PR once, and now Disney again. Disney is a great trip to do as your first solo trip because it's so easy, contained, and comfortable feeling. Less intimidating feeling than something like a big city. Definitely recommend it if you ever get the chance!

It's not reasonable to have an 8:25 ADR at Boma and make it to the 10:00 Festival of the Lion King, is it? I'm thinking no even though we have a car and are only two adults who eat fairly quickly. But maybe? Do they (Boma) usually seat on time? We have a FP+ for the 4:00 show but I really want to get to MVMCP earlier and 10:00 is the only other show that makes sense to try to attend, I really doubt we'll make it though.

I've never done a character meal without kids in tow, but I LOVE characters so it should a blast. When we planned this trip we had 221 days until Disney, now 2 weeks before we leave my sister has finally started reading, researching and getting excited. In her defense, we thought we were going to have to cancel for the longest time. She's looking forward to characters the most, which is good because we have Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Akershus, MVMCP and Club Villain.

I hope to take a solo trip sometime. I'm a little nervous about the idea, but love reading TR from others.
DD20 and I are doing Hollywood and Vine Minnie's seasonal dinner, Garden Grill breakfast, and Cape May Breakfast with Minnie...so you won't be the only adult group at these character meals. Should be fun...why not??? YOLO

Last edited:
Is anyone bringing a winter coat? I don't know if it's worth packing or just a heavy sweatshirt. Temps our week say 70s during the day and high 50s at night. I could bring the baby's since it's so little but I'd hate to drag mine and my husbands.

I won't make a decision about the winter coat until the night before we leave. Florida weather is notoriously unpredictable, especially in the winter months. I would rather drag my winter coat to Florida and have it sit unused in the closet than to leave it at home and be freezing cold at night. If the highs are predicted to be in the 80's then the coat stays home. If the highs are predicted to be in the high 60's then the coat comes with me.

Mostly off-topic but can I just say yay for the little things in life! Got home from our family weekend away in Delaware visiting family friends, feeling a little off, just really tired, like I might be fighting a little bug, but still got out on a 6 mile run (yay #OL10LB!). It was absolutely beautiful out, and now I'm home, in pajamas, cat on my lap, hot chocolate in my hand, and just found the last 40 min of Finding Nemo on, followed by How to Train Your Dragon, followed by Aladdin on ABCFamily (yes yes, I know it's called Freeform now, lol, and also that was my Disney tie-in!) and I couldn't be happier! :cloud9: Plus I get to sit here and daydream about my trip and skim this awesome thread with these awesome peeps! :goodvibes That feeling of simple contentment is a wonderful thing

Checking in from Texas... I don't even own a winter coat! I'll probably bring a fleece jacket and a hoodie and call it good. Unless something crazy happens to the forecast between now and then, in that case I'll borrow a coat from my sister who used to live in Boston.

Mostly off-topic but can I just say yay for the little things in life! Got home from our family weekend away in Delaware visiting family friends, feeling a little off, just really tired, like I might be fighting a little bug, but still got out on a 6 mile run (yay #OL10LB!). It was absolutely beautiful out, and now I'm home, in pajamas, cat on my lap, hot chocolate in my hand, and just found the last 40 min of Finding Nemo on, followed by How to Train Your Dragon, followed by Aladdin on ABCFamily (yes yes, I know it's called Freeform now, lol, and also that was my Disney tie-in!) and I couldn't be happier! :cloud9: Plus I get to sit here and daydream about my trip and skim this awesome thread with these awesome peeps! :goodvibes That feeling of simple contentment is a wonderful thing
DH all of a sudden today got all excited for Disney today and we're watching Disney movies today. We watched Aladdin, Mulan 2, and now Tangled. I love that he's starting to get excited!! :love:

Sort of random off topic question but is anyone still thinking about Zika? Is anyone concerned? The temps are in the 70s it seems but the topic is out of the news. I have read that Disney does a great job at spraying and keeping mosquitos at bay anyways but I was just curious if it's still an issue in central Florida. Anyone bringing bug spray just in case?

We have Deet free bug spray because we always get attacked at Fantasmic.

I think I'm the only one actually doing this now, so I hope y'all don't mind if I check in anyway. #OL10LB is still going strong! I haven't had sugar since a week ago Thursday and I'm down nearly 3 pounds. I had a birthday party tonight and ate ham but avoided the sweet potatoes w/ apples and marshmallows, jello salad, corn muffins, and cupcakes. :scared: I kept thinking about the Butterfinger cupcake I'm going to eat guilt-free in 2 weeks! :thumbsup2 I can do this... I can do this... :drive:I'll just keep telling myself that...

I've been on program, but I'm still not losing (not gaining either). Congrats on your loss!

Is anyone bringing a winter coat? I don't know if it's worth packing or just a heavy sweatshirt. Temps our week say 70s during the day and high 50s at night. I could bring the baby's since it's so little but I'd hate to drag mine and my husbands.

I've been there this time of year before and we left the coats in the car at the airport and froze our butts off down there. We bought hoodies, scarves, gloves and were still numb. We won't know what the temps will be, so I'd rather be prepared (when you marry a military man, this statement happens often).

Woohoo--MBs arrived this morning and I put my cover and bow on!

I won't make a decision about the winter coat until the night before we leave. Florida weather is notoriously unpredictable, especially in the winter months. I would rather drag my winter coat to Florida and have it sit unused in the closet than to leave it at home and be freezing cold at night. If the highs are predicted to be in the 80's then the coat stays home. If the highs are predicted to be in the high 60's then the coat comes with me.

This is good logic. I will look at the weather when it gets closer. As of now I don't think I'm going to take them. Maybe the baby's like I said but not mine or husbands. We can always layer up and warm up with a hot chocolate. I will bring a hats and gloves though.

There was a post several pages back about decorating stroller with battery lights. We're going to do this. I bough some cheap ones at JobLot bit they're too cheap since they only have 10 lights and take 2c batteries. Thats ridiculous. I think I saw a 50 light battery operated one at target for 7 bucks. I'll grab thst on lunch break tomorrow while I return a shirt husband's mother bought the baby. Ugh I don't like when people buy my kid clothes. I am very particular about his clothes.

It's not reasonable to have an 8:25 ADR at Boma and make it to the 10:00 Festival of the Lion King, is it? I'm thinking no even though we have a car and are only two adults who eat fairly quickly. But maybe? Do they (Boma) usually seat on time? We have a FP+ for the 4:00 show but I really want to get to MVMCP earlier and 10:00 is the only other show that makes sense to try to attend, I really doubt we'll make it though.

Doesn't sound reasonable to me but I've not been to either boma or the lion king show. But, even if you eat fast, you'll have to drive, park, go through security and walk to the back corner of the park really fast. If you are doing standby seating you need to get their earlier for the 10am show. Is there an 11am show? We are seeing the 12 noon show on our day.

Doesn't sound reasonable to me but I've not been to either boma or the lion king show. But, even if you eat fast, you'll have to drive, park, go through security and walk to the back corner of the park really fast. If you are doing standby seating you need to get their earlier for the 10am show. Is there an 11am show? We are seeing the 12 noon show on our day.

I ended up moving our FP+ to the 3:00 show instead of the 4:00 show. Which will still be tight after our lunch ADR at Y&Y at 1:30 but I'm hoping we'll make it to that one if we walk fast. Then we'll head to the car, drop the car off at OKW and jump on the bus to MK for the party. Sounds so easy....

I ended up moving our FP+ to the 3:00 show instead of the 4:00 show. Which will still be tight after our lunch ADR at Y&Y at 1:30 but I'm hoping we'll make it to that one if we walk fast. Then we'll head to the car, drop the car off at OKW and jump on the bus to MK for the party. Sounds so easy....

Totally not related to your question but I just noticed you're staying at OKW. I am too, for the 2nd half of my trip, 8th-11th. Have you stayed there before? It's my first time, I'm looking forward to it!

Totally not related to your question but I just noticed you're staying at OKW. I am too, for the 2nd half of my trip, 8th-11th. Have you stayed there before? It's my first time, I'm looking forward to it!

This is our first time too. We stayed at Saratoga Springs last trip and really enjoyed it and it seems like OKW kind of has a similar vibe so I'm looking forward to our stay! We liked how laid back and quiet SSR was, it was really nice after the sensory overload of being in the parks around crowds of people all day!

This is our first time too. We stayed at Saratoga Springs last trip and really enjoyed it and it seems like OKW kind of has a similar vibe so I'm looking forward to our stay! We liked how laid back and quiet SSR was, it was really nice after the sensory overload of being in the parks around crowds of people all day!

Oh that's actually really great to hear because the first half of my trip, the 6th-8th, I'm staying at Saratoga for the first time! Laid back and quiet sounds good to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter