***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Sort of random off topic question but is anyone still thinking about Zika? Is anyone concerned? The temps are in the 70s it seems but the topic is out of the news. I have read that Disney does a great job at spraying and keeping mosquitos at bay anyways but I was just curious if it's still an issue in central Florida. Anyone bringing bug spray just in case?
When we were at Disney in October they had a bottle of insect repellent in our resort room. Each of the parks had a table set up by the park entrances with an assortment of different sprays.

@CaleCakes and @Candycane83, I can confirm that back in September AoA did have spray containing DEET in the rooms. If you want something specific, I would bring it along. At least there will be much less mosquitos in Orlando in December.:thumbsup2

When we were at Disney in October they had a bottle of insect repellent in our resort room. Each of the parks had a table set up by the park entrances with an assortment of different sprays.

Thanks for the info on insect repellents! I'm not overly concerned but still better safe :)

@SweetMo regarding the character meals, I will just say that on my first solo Disney trip, at the age of 29, I did a solo character meal (Tusker House lunch) and it was totally enjoyable! The only reason I'm not doing another one on this, my second solo trip, at the age of 33, is that I already have the CP Dinner Package, JBJB Dessert Party, and Savor the Savanna evening safari experience booked and I'll have no money left if I keep booking adr's! :rotfl: So the moral of my story is you're never too old for Disney characters and you should never feel embarrassed about it! :thumbsup2

Slowly but surely on the way to recovery! I went to my Friendsgiving last night and did okay (only drank seltzer though...didn't want to tempt fate by drinking alcohol.) :) I'll still be on antibiotics for another few days though.
Yay! Glad you're feeling better and on your way to full recovery! :cheer2:

@CaleCakes and @Candycane83, I can confirm that back in September AoA did have spray containing DEET in the rooms. If you want something specific, I would bring it along. At least there will be much less mosquitos in Orlando in December.:thumbsup2

Good to know. We will probably bring some non DEET stuff like that lemon eucalyptus spray. But at least they have it if we forget.

@SweetMo regarding the character meals, I will just say that on my first solo Disney trip, at the age of 29, I did a solo character meal (Tusker House lunch) and it was totally enjoyable! The only reason I'm not doing another one on this, my second solo trip, at the age of 33, is that I already have the CP Dinner Package, JBJB Dessert Party, and Savor the Savanna evening safari experience booked and I'll have no money left if I keep booking adr's! :rotfl: So the moral of my story is you're never too old for Disney characters and you should never feel embarrassed about it! :thumbsup2

Yes, this!! DH and I are going without kids and we're doing quite a few character meals :) We have done them when we've gone by ourselves in the past, and we had a blast!

:sad::sad::sad:

CLEANING!!!

Aww, it'll be okay!!

Is anyone bringing a winter coat? I don't know if it's worth packing or just a heavy sweatshirt. Temps our week say 70s during the day and high 50s at night. I could bring the baby's since it's so little but I'd hate to drag mine and my husbands.

CLEANING!!!

Me too! My kids have so much stuff and it has taken over our house. I told them Santa wouldn't visit with new toys if we didn't reduce what we already had so we have been in serious purge mode. We have a pile of toys to donate and I put a garbage bag of toys that weren't donatable in the trash (unbeknownst to them!). We still have more to go through today. And I have my own big bag of clothes and household items to donate to charity. I told myself that this all needed to be out of the house before we left on 12/1. Not that much time left.

Is anyone bringing a winter coat? I don't know if it's worth packing or just a heavy sweatshirt. Temps our week say 70s during the day and high 50s at night. I could bring the baby's since it's so little but I'd hate to drag mine and my husbands.

We are but we're driving so it doesn't take up much room. You'll have a much better guess of the 10 day forecast right before you go. I heard last year at this time it was really hot but I've also heard other years it's been super cold.

Honestly I'm a horrible overpacker, so I will probably bring our lightweight winter jackets just in case. Our plan is to wear sweatshirts in the morning and at night...and hopefully we won't need the jackets, but I would rather bring them and not need them than be there and be freezing.

I'm not. I think there is the possibility of a wide range of temperatures while we're down there, and I think having layering options will be more practical. One night might be cold while another might just be cool. I'd rather be able to just add and remove layers as necessary. I'll have long sleeve t, hoodie sweatshirt, and jacket as options.

I am also trying to get away with carry on only though, so that factors into my choices, lol

17 days!!! Got everything squared away with work on Thursday to make sure everything is covered while I'm gone. My trip has been on the calendar for 7 months, yet my boss tends to not check it or forget I'm traveling and needs periodic reminders so he's not confused when I don't show up to work!

Still trying to decide if I want to get Memory Maker for this short trip. We really loved our pictures from it last time and actually have several framed so I'm leaning toward getting it this time. *whispers* I don't think we're supposed to talk about sharing a MM on disboards but .... we can discuss via email (etz . megan @ gmail . com no spaces of course) if anyone else is thinking about getting it but doesn't want to pay $150

I've never done a character meal without kids in tow, but I LOVE characters so it should a blast. When we planned this trip we had 221 days until Disney, now 2 weeks before we leave my sister has finally started reading, researching and getting excited. In her defense, we thought we were going to have to cancel for the longest time. She's looking forward to characters the most, which is good because we have Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Akershus, MVMCP and Club Villain.

I hope to take a solo trip sometime. I'm a little nervous about the idea, but love reading TR from others.

When we travel we just go from house to car to airport so we wear layers with a light jacket on top. No boots or coats

Is anyone interested in doing a Memory Maker share? My dates are 11/30-12/7. Ideally it's best not to overlap dates if, but not a huge concern to me. The $149 price tag is still a little bit out of my reach. I'd be willing to do it with one other person or a group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter