180+10 ADR and System Down!

Well, I was able to book a reservation for arrival day, using the phone number, but when I tried to do anything that would fall on the +10 of the 180 I'd get an agent telling me the system was down.

I just got through too. Spoke to Jerry. He said they were going good there for a bit, but the system went down again. They think it will take another hour. I asked him what he meant by going good for a bit. Apparently, some lucky people got reservations in today despite the madness. Lucky people! I am going to keep calling and checking the website every 10 minutes even though I have a new quote of an hour. I want BOG!

My TA got my reservations today, she must have been one of the lucky few! I was wondering how she did it seeing all the problems people are having - this explains it.

I hope the system gets back up soon, good luck everyone!

Well, I was able to book a reservation for arrival day, using the phone number, but when I tried to do anything that would fall on the +10 of the 180 I'd get an agent telling me the system was down.

DITTO got Boma on automated for Oct 27th and then spoke to someone whom I could barely understand due to static and she told me to keep checking every 1/2 hr.

+ 10 come on...I cant believe I have to hold my work calls ( good thing my DH is my boss) until this gets done...UGG!!

I also noticed on the new website, I can now have the option to click on days outside my 180. Before everything after the 27th was grayed out, now I can click on everything for the duration of my trip.

I just got through too. Spoke to Jerry. He said they were going good there for a bit, but the system went down again. They think it will take another hour. I asked him what he meant by going good for a bit. Apparently, some lucky people got reservations in today despite the madness. Lucky people! I am going to keep calling and checking the website every 10 minutes even though I have a new quote of an hour. I want BOG!

I got through for my 2 ADRs on October 27th by calling in and doing the automated system, but am so bummed I can't get an earlier time for breakfast. 8:45 at Crystal Palace. Really? Since half of America can't get through and I did, shouldn't that time be available?:confused3 I tried online first, got the system unavailable message. Tried to call to make Pirate's League ressies and was told all systems were down.

OY! Gonna be a frustrating day for many for sure!!

I got through for my 2 ADRs on October 27th by calling in and doing the automated system, but am so bummed I can't get an earlier time for breakfast. 8:45 at Crystal Palace. Really? Since half of America can't get through and I did, shouldn't that time be available?:confused3 I tried online first, got the system unavailable message. Tried to call to make Pirate's League ressies and was told all systems were down.

OY! Gonna be a frustrating day for many for sure!!

People who check in between 10-17-13 and 10-27-13 have already been booking 10-27-13 for a while now. I think a lot of people anticipate free dining too, so they book a lot of extra reservations, just in case.

I arrive late on 10-27-13, so I do not need any reservations that day. We decided to just eat at Beaches and Cream after getting settled in. I know BOG is a long shot, but I really want to have dinner there.

Well, just called again and they have the message back up about agents being unable to make reservations.

kmedina, I totally get what you're saying. It's not the end of the world, but making rope drop for either of our MK days seems to be less and less likely. We decided to do BOG for a late lunch. I've been checking just for kicks and I haven't found any availability for BOG. Today is the last day I'm booking for and while I know I can switch things up if need be, I really don't want to be a slave of the WDW dining system for the next 174 days!!

How hard would it have been to write a brief sentence online explaining that?

That would require that they have a Department of Appropriate Error Messages. And they obviously don't have that. Otherwise they wouldn't say "there are no reservations" when it's actually "we are changing something and WE can't access your reservations, which you totally made 100 days ago and are still here so please breathe".

I really should offer my services to them for making proper error messages. And DH can do the coding (or whatever) to put them up in the right places. :)

You can tell they updated the website, because before the only way to get 180+10 was using the UK site, and now you can do it on the regular current site.

Aylvvgh.png

I feel so sorry for those of you trying to make ressies today. This nightmare is how I envision it will be when it's time for me to make mine. Sending pixie dust your way that it will be remedied soon :)

I was getting the 180+10 (well 7 in my case this morning before the website went down. Granted, it would not let me book them, but it was showing them at 11:30pm Pacific (2:30 eastern). It kept showing them until 2am (5 eastern) when the site went down. Since then, it shows them at times and does not at other times. Ever since I entered the old site this morning, I cannot even get into the new site anymore. I even cleared my browsing history and deleted my cookies No luck.

kmedina, I totally get what you're saying. It's not the end of the world, but making rope drop for either of our MK days seems to be less and less likely. We decided to do BOG for a late lunch. I've been checking just for kicks and I haven't found any availability for BOG. Today is the last day I'm booking for and while I know I can switch things up if need be, I really don't want to be a slave of the WDW dining system for the next 174 days!!

I know how you feel and sense I will be in the same boat as you. It is a shame when people book reservations they do not need thereby making the rest of us slaves to the system or miss out on the experience all together. I think it is the end of the world to get a late start, but DH does not. I do wish you luck. I know this does not help, but you can check in at 8:25 with an 8:45 reservation. At least it could get you out a little earlier.

That would require that they have a Department of Appropriate Error Messages. And they obviously don't have that. Otherwise they wouldn't say "there are no reservations" when it's actually "we are changing something and WE can't access your reservations, which you totally made 100 days ago and are still here so please breathe".

I really should offer my services to them for making proper error messages. And DH can do the coding (or whatever) to put them up in the right places. :)

Disney needs some serious help with its websites. Everyone always talks about Disney service, but it has NEVER provided good service on the web. I wish they would accept help from your husband!

This is soooo frustrating!!!! This is what I'm doing :surfweb:
But I want to do this!!!:badpc:

UUUUGGGHHHH!!!!! Me tooooooo!!!!!
I'm not trying to do my 180's, I'm trying to decide if I'm going to add a night to my impromptu solo trip NEXT WEEK. I only booked it the day before yesterday but I might want to make some changes.
I need the hotel res access too, so I'm double frustrated!!!!:furious::furious:

I am considering eating offsite..i am getting cranky cause I am tired! :eek:

thinking I may have to order in for dinner

IT's working!!! I just got my Chef Mickey's breakfast - My boys would have been crushed to miss that one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter