17 days of Deluxe Dining With Two Adults, One Disney Adult, One Child, And A Platypus

WOW!!!!!!!! :worship: I am totally jealous and totally in for this! Can't wait to hear all about your dining adventures!

WOW! What an awesome lineup. I have so many of those reserved for my December trip. I can't wait for your reviews and pics....

I am so VERY jealous of 17 days :worship: at the World. How I would love that vacation, I would be on :cloud9:. Can't wait to see how yours went and live a bit vicariously through you and your family for a little while. Thanks for letting me tag along. :thumbsup2

That's a lot of food. Kudos for you keeping track of it all! I am impressed. I have a hard time remembering what I'm doing today. :rotfl2: Looking forward to the food report!!!!!!!!

Yum - sounds great!

I am waiting with anticipation as we have DxDDP for 21 days in November, so it will be great to see how you guys did :cool1:

Roll on the reviews :)

So we got to Midway Airport finally, after forgetting a bag in the car and having to wait for my dad to bring it back, and got to our gate around 4:45am.

Tyler sat with our carry on bags while Skye and I ran to the bathroom and to find a McDonalds. We never did find it. I don’t know why though because there is always a McDonalds I few gates away no matter what gate you are at. So we turned around and went back to Gold Cost Dogs. We got a Fruit Cup, Blueberry Muffin , Apple Juice, and a Sprite Zero ($13.61).

Skye ate most of the fruit and the apple juice. Ty ate most of the blueberry muffin but said it tasted different. I did not have any so canot coment on that. Ty and I shared the Sprite Zero.

That's all I got so far...but it's coming. PROMISE!

In flight snacks are food too and it was on our trip so here you go...

Shortly after we took off the flight attendants came around for drinks and snacks…Skye and I got Sprites and Ty got a Coke then we each got a bag of Lorna Doones.

I ate mine on the plane, Skye ate her's later and I think Ty's never got eaten.

I finished both Sprites and Ty spilled most of his Coke all over his tray and lap.​

Oh. My. Gosh. My DREAM :cloud9: vacation !!! Did you have to buy new clothes to wear home :rotfl2:???

Ok, so, I am so mad right now! After all my careful saving amd planning...I don't know where all my receipts are from part one!!!! I am so mad...so, you'll be getting an approximation from our dining. Sorry!

We finally arrived at the Grand Floridian at 12:51pm.

At 1:00pm we checked in for lunch at Grand Floridian Café. We were right on time for our 1:00pm reservation and taken in right away. We were led to a great table along the windows looking out onto the Grand Floridian grounds.

We were very happy with our table placement…although there was almost no one else in there so we should have been given a good seat. The hostess was not friendly though…did not smile and greet us, did not talk to us…not even the kids, did not explain who our wait staff would be, nothing! Once again, I was hoping this was not foreshadowing of our whole trip!

Andrew was our waiter. He was nice but not very personable. This was weird for a Disney restaurant, especially at a Grand Floridian restaurant. We have usually had great service there! He was efficient and did his job but he did not make it very fun for us!

We ordered our drinks…two diet cokes and a coke.

(That is the only non-alcoholic drink Perry would partake in this trip and he would spend hs trip in the backpack from her on out until Lou gets here.)

The first round of all the drinks are fine but the second go-round tasted funny…all of them…not sure why. The fish of the day was pan seared rainbow trout…don’t worry, I get less detailed as the trip goes on.

For an appetizer Skye ordered the Kid’s Chicken Noodle Soup…

Which she really liked…well, she liked the noodles that she pulled out and some of the carrots and a little bit of the chicken. Do I have the only kid in the world that eats soup with a fork? She does not actually eat the soup part of the soup…what a weirdo!

Tyler ordered the Sauteed Shrimp with Corn Cakes and Brandy Cream.

He did not like them. Not his thing but there was not really anything else on the menu he wanted and I could not see wasting an appetizer on a salad he’d pick at dry. Plus, he was on an “I’m-gonna-try-new-things” kick so he tried. I, on the other hand, thought they were wonderful…and wished I had ordered them! The Corn Cakes were super sweet with the taste of a good cornbread but the texture of a pancake. The Shrimp was done perfectly, not to tough. And the Cream was a great compliment to both the Shrimp and the Cakes. I may have eaten more of Tyler’s appetizer than my own!

I ordered the Crab Cakes served Pan-Seared with Mango Relish.

They were good but nothing special. I ate most of them but I would have been more happy if Tyler’s appetizer were mine…not that it mattered because he did not want it but if he had, it would have been disaster! I should have ordered the Onion Soup to try instead. Oh well, live and learn!

For entrees, Skye got the Kid’s Cheese Pizza…

…which she liked just fine. They are both pizza fiends so it would have to be really odd pizza or really bad pizza for them to not like it.

Tyler got the New York Strip medium rare and substituted Fries for the Mashed Potatoes (Ty doesn’t do potatoes…except fries!) and also had two Carrots and Fresh String Beans (which Skye and I ate…Ty does not eat cooked carrots and would never eat a bean!) …

He loved it…But he scraped all the fried onions off the top even though he loves Blooming Onions and Onion rings. It was perfectly cooked to his liking. They had no problems with his substitution of the fries. This began his quest for beef around the World!

For my entrée I ordered the Grand Floridian Burger which is an Angus Chuck Burger, Lobster, Asparagus, and Horseradish-Chive Hollandaise with a Tomato Salad…

It is a huge burger and it was difficult to pick up to eat so I ended up using a fork and knife. I was disappointed though. I had been craving this burger for ever! The burger was tough. The bun was hard. And I think the sauce was different…I remember a whiter sauce. It wasn’t horrible. I ate at least half of it. And the tomato salad was really good…so that helped a little.

Dessert made up for any entrée disappointments though!

Skye had the Worms-In-Dirt…

Now last time she ordered it, she refused to eat the “dirty worms”…Tyler had to eat them. She insisted that she was going to eat them this time. Well, she didn’t…and Tyler had too much other things to deal with than Skye’s worms!

Tyler and I shared a Dessert Sampler for Two…

… that included smaller versions of all the desserts on the menu…Lemon Cheesecake, a Fruit Tart, a Boston Crème Cake, and a Key Lime Tart...and the best part???? The solid chocolate Mickey standing among them all!!!! Tyler liked the Boston Crème Cake the best and I liked the Fruit Tart the best…and Skye, well, she went right for the Mickey! He was really good chocolate so I cannot blame her. But when we got to his head, she shoved it in her mouth and apparently did not realize it would be so difficult to bite into a solid chocolate Mickey head the size of a ping pong ball and dripped chocolate slobber down the front of her dress!!!! This was not in my plans for the day…she was supposed to wear that dress to dinner tonight! Luckily, butt wipes work wonders on stains and most of it came out. UGH!

Our total for lunch was $ 95.24. We charged the $16.00 tip to the room charge. We had no out of pocket expense here. We used 2 adult and 1 child’s meal credit…and I was disappointed to not see that all spelled out for us like it used to be. The rece.ipt says we were leaving at 1:57pm

Overall, we had a good meal. It is quiet here and never crowded. Usually we have great service. I don’t know what was wrong today but it was not up to par with what we have come to expect here. In the future, we would return here. I don’t know that I’d go out of my way for a meal here but on a “do-nothing” day or of you were going to the Grand Floridian for some other reason, it is a great little spot. The place reminds me of a local kind of family restaurant but up a notch…like there are fresh roses on all the tables…nice touch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter