• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

101 Ways My Son Entertained Himself at WDW--The Last Day--New 11/18

After riding Test Track twice, we decided we should head over to Canada for our dinner reservation at Le Cellier. EVen though we had ADRs, there was quite a wait, so the kids ran over to Kidcot to color. It was starting to sprinkle (remember this!), so I smooshed into the restaurant with all the other people waiting.

Our steaks were "okay", but we loved the cheddar soup and breads. I wasn't a fan of the potatoes and veggie mix. I think I had built up the idea of this fabulous meal so much that it was just okay once we got there. :confused3

On our way out the ground was a little wet and we were really tired. We stopped at the potties by the front entrance where some crazy man and woman were fighting. She came into the bathroom flipping out and ranting. When I walked out, Kirt said the kids had seen them fighting, the man grab the woman, and the woman yell for help. I guess once security came over, he let go and she went into the bathroom. My poor kids were really upset. Those stupid people took away some of my babies' Disney magic. :mad:

After we got back to the room, we got the kids in bed and packed us up. I can't believe we're leaving in the morning! :guilty:

Great update Dawn !! I enjoed RR but I don't think th kids would . Oh the joy of solo trips !!!! Le Celleier isn't on my lsit this time due to sooo many bad reviews !! I can see it being esy to get a ressie there if they don'tdo something soon!!

Great update Dawn !! I enjoed RR but I don't think th kids would . Oh the joy of solo trips !!!! Le Celleier isn't on my lsit this time due to sooo many bad reviews !! I can see it being esy to get a ressie there if they don'tdo something soon!!
Yeah, I would skip it. My steak was much better at Mama Melrose's. It just took forever. :sad2:

What a great EPCOT day. We never seem to hit the World Showcase when it is daylight, so we never see all the shows and stuff you did. I think we need to plan an extra EPCOT day to do this.

I can't believe that couple fighting like that in front of your kids.:sad2:

When it was time to pay, I was astounded that it was 65 DOLLARS! WHAT?! :eek: I was so shocked I had to drink it off.

Have I mentioned lately how glad I am to just have boys? :rotfl:
I would have to say this was the meal we enjoyed the least of all the table service meals we had on the trip. The food was too unusual for the kids and the bread was too sweet. I did enjoy my steak and asparagus, but my whining, hungry children blurred my memory of it.

Oh, no! We loved it solo AND with the kids. Buzz won't eat cheese, but Woody did - they both got the burger, and they loved the appetizer too. I'm so sorry.

Kirt and I were cracking up and what this kid will play with! Why do we buy him toys?! :rolleyes:

::yes:: I wonder about this daily. Boys.
We settled in to watch the Chinese acrobats with our treats. Ouch! I don't usually do this when I'm hanging out with my firends, but to each her own, I suppose.

:rotfl:

Lovely family, Dawn. :goodvibes

We had a pit stop to make and while we were waiting for the girls to come back, Aiden had a great time stepping on little berries and whipping these tree branch things. Kirt and I were cracking up and what this kid will play with! Why do we buy him toys?! :rolleyes:
So cute, at least you now know what to get him for Christmas :rotfl2:

Aren't mimes supposed to be quiet?!:sad2:
::yes:: :sad2:

IMG_0087.jpg
OMG :scared:

I knew we couldn't be the only ones to do silly poses :rotfl2:

Our steaks were "okay", but we loved the cheddar soup and breads. I wasn't a fan of the potatoes and veggie mix. I think I had built up the idea of this fabulous meal so much that it was just okay once we got there. :confused3
Exactly how we felt this year :sad2:

What a great EPCOT day. We never seem to hit the World Showcase when it is daylight, so we never see all the shows and stuff you did. I think we need to plan an extra EPCOT day to do this.
Yeah, I had written out when each person/performer would perform and we ran around trying to see them. Next time I will enjoy each country without having to feel like I missed them.

Lovely family, Dawn. :goodvibes
Thank you. :lovestruc

I knew we couldn't be the only ones to do silly poses :rotfl2:
You gave me the idea! :rotfl: I told everyone to do a scared pose before we got to the wall so it would be funny, right? We'll, when Aiden saw the picture he said, "Looks like I'm the only one who wasn't scared." Goober. It's like he forgot we were faking and though he was the tough one. He's so funny. :lmao:

all caught up!! loved that tt picture!! :lmao: too funny

and OMG on the fighting couple. what is wrong with people??!!:scared1:

Well, here it is. The last installment. I'm happy to finally be done with the whole trip report thing. I'm just not very good at keeping it up and I'm sorry about that. :rolleyes: I think Janet did it best: less detail and be done with it FAST! :thumbsup2

On our last morning, we decided to enjoy a nice, big breakfast at Boatrights at Port Orleans. There was only one other table with people at it in the whole restaurant. it was nice to relax. I'm not sure what everyone ordered, but I know I ordered the cinnamon covered french toast and it was so good.

Our plan for the day was to go over to the race track and let Kirt use his Richard Petty Driving Experience ride along pass. We took the bus to the Magik Kingdom, then loaded onto the monorail. We got off at the TTC and walked to the van who was waiting at his little sign there.

He quickly :eek: drive us over to the track and chatted us up. When we climbed out I must have left my camera and didn't realize it. Inside, we were informed that the track was too wet from the little rain shower we had the night before while we were in Le Cellier. They guessed the track wouldn't be dry enough until after noon. :headache: Guess when we were scheduled to meet Mgaicl Express? Noon. :guilty:

So, I got very upset. I was trying not to let the kids see me upset. I wanted to take a picture of everybody in front of the race car. Of course, I don't know I left it in the car and I can't find it. I tell Kirt I lost the camera, still trying not to cry.

The RPDE people felt so bad for us. They loaded us up in the van (Hey! Look what I found! My camera!) and drove us around the track once fairly slowly. The driver then stopped so I could take my picture and then drove us back to the sign at the TTC. As soon as we stepped out of the van and walked a few steps, I lost it for the second time on the trip. I bawled so hard. I felt so bad that Kirt wasn't going to get to use his Christmas present from us.

IMG_0014.jpg

Poor Kirt and the kids- once again, they comforted me. We left Disney and I was so down. I think the trip was a magical trip. It really was. It just started and ended badly. :sad2:

So, it's over. We've been home for months now. I have a gorgeous scrapbook I've made and we have such great memories. :lovestruc

But, then the new deal comes out and I wanna go back!

So we are!

Look out Disney! We're heading back in April!!!

But, shhhhh! It's a secret right now. We'll tell the kids at Christmas.

:( stinks for DH, but glad the rest of the trip was good.

I'm come out of another horrific meeting and am pleasantly surprised with an update:cool1:

I think Janet did it best: less detail and be done with it FAST! :thumbsup2

Aw, thanks! I freely admit I am not a good writer though, I think it has to do with the type of job I do. Just the facts...kind of like Joe Friday ::yes::

They guessed the track wouldn't be dry enough until after noon. :headache: Guess when we were scheduled to meet Mgaicl Express? Noon. :guilty:

Awww, poor K. Are you still able to use the credit? Maybe in April:confused3

So, it's over. We've been home for months now. I have a gorgeous scrapbook I've made and we have such great memories. :lovestruc

Pictures:confused3

Look out Disney! We're heading back in April!!!

:woohoo:

But, shhhhh! It's a secret right now. We'll tell the kids at Christmas.
[/CENTER][/COLOR]

You will video the kids reaction on Christmas morning right!????

Great TR Dawn, thanks so much sharing...the good, the bad and the ugly:hug:

What a shame it was too wet but how sweet of the driver and that you found your camera too :thumbsup2

BTW love the girls shirts :)

Thanks for a lovely TR Dawn, can't wait to read the next one :hug:

I'm come out of another horrific meeting and am pleasantly surprised with an update:cool1:
I'm glad it was a pleasant surprise and sorry about the meeting. :hug:

Janet said:
Aw, thanks! I freely admit I am not a good writer though, I think it has to do with the type of job I do. Just the facts...kind of like Joe Friday ::yes::
:hug:

Janet said:
Awww, poor K. Are you still able to use the credit? Maybe in April:confused3
Yes. :thumbsup2

Janet said:
I posted them on TFW a long time ago. :confused3

Janet said:
You will video the kids reaction on Christmas morning right!????

Great TR Dawn, thanks so much sharing...the good, the bad and the ugly:hug:
Thanks for sticking it out with me and being so faithful posting along the way! :hug:

What a shame it was too wet but how sweet of the driver and that you found your camera too :thumbsup2
He was nice. :flower3:

Jo said:
BTW love the girls shirts :)
Thank you much. I'm not doing anything for them this trip. The little farts don't wear any of the clothes I made or bought. They are past it. :guilty:

Jo said:
Thanks for a lovely TR Dawn, can't wait to read the next one :hug:
Geez. You guys don't read so good. Or is that peer pressure? :headache: :rolleyes1

Oh, honey, I'm so sorry you had a sad last day. :hug:

Great reporting, though, and I'm glad you're heading back. :goodvibes

aww dawn , i have goosebumps just thinking of you telling the kids about your trip on christmas morning. i can't wait to hear their reaction!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter