• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

101 Ways My Son Entertained Himself at WDW--The Last Day--New 11/18

HomeschoolMama

I raise kids... What's your super power?
I know... it's early. We're not even going to DW until January 2nd.
But when you've waited over ELEVEN years to go back, I think you should get to start a pre-trippie whenever you want. So there. People who have no patience, UNITE!

Index to posts-
Pre-trip Report-
Welcome: You are here!
Who We Are: Page 1 Post #2
ADRs and Park Plans- Page 2 Post #25
Resort/Flight Plans and Finally, a Package!: Page 2 Post #27
Shopping, Part One: Page 6 #88
Shopping, Part Two: Page 7 #96
Another Project Anyone Can Do: Page 7 #103
Day One: MGM: Page 8 #107
Famous People: Page 8 #110
Day Two: Magic Kingdom: Page 10 #143
Day Three: Magic Kingdom Day #2
Day Four: Animal Kingdom
Trip Project Weekend, Part One
Project Weekend, Part Two
Day Five: Epcot
Changes and the Overview
More Changes-or Improvements
Disney Magic
What I've been up to...
What do you think this means?

Trip Report-
We're on our way, but who has the boarding passes?!?
Way #1
Port Orleans Riverside in the How-se (or Apartment...)
Tower of Terror: Not all Fluff and Games...
Tower of Terror: the Aftermath
Epcot Opening Show- Not For Shy Kids...
Snacks and Clam Shells
Just Keep Swimmin'
Fish ARE Food
Oh Canada!
England and France- All in one Day
Can't. Stop. Shaking.
Can't. Stop. Shaking. (and you thought it was over...)
Mermaids and My Musical Friends
Two Shows for the Price of One
Mama Melrose and Chris Farley
Twinkling Lights
Becoming Princesses
Wake up, Tink!
Eating with Princesses
Burying Airforce One
Aloha!
She'll Have the Chicken Door, Please.
He's Just Killin' Time
Dreams Didn't Come True with Mickey
We Be Jammin'
Whip it! Whip it good! Part one Part Two
The Last Day

Next up: "Who we are"

My peeps! :love:

Who we are-

100_1384.jpg

Homeschool Mama: I'm a mid-thirties, homeschooling mama to three. I love to sing (not that I would do that here.. :rolleyes1 ) and talk. I'm a plan-aholic too. Yup, that's pretty much me...

3Dgoggles.1.jpg

Homeschool Daddy: Is my DH of 11 years. The last time we went to Disney World was for our Honeymoon. We didn't know much of anything and didn't even tell the hotel it was our honeymoon. No special treatment for us! I'm not sure he's completely excited about this trip. I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm crazy with all the hours of planning I've done.
***updated*** My hubby who read what I wrote here about him not being excited and demanded that I write the following: "I (being me-HSmama) am certain that my DH is so gung-ho about this trip that it sickens me and that likelihood that he will act like a complete immature child is very great."

Sears-Baylie.jpg

DD10, B: Wow. Who knew 10 yr olds were already so tween-agery? DD10 is into fashion and dance and rolling her eyes at me. She's a lot of fun and we enjoy telling jokes to each other.

Sears-Camryn.jpg

DD6, C: Sugar and spice, I'm telling you. She also dances competitively. She is so unselfish and kind. She amazes me.

Sears-Aiden.jpg

DS4, A: All boy. ('Nuff said?) He does have a very sweet, cuddly side he likes to bring out to get his momma wrapped even tighter around his pinkie.

So, that's my family. They're my life and I adore each of them.

4 months isn't really that far off. Hope you have a great vacation and looking forward to seeing the rest of your pre-planning.

:thumbsup2 Our kids are very close in age: I have a DD10, DD8, and DS5. Can't wait to read more. popcorn::

do we get to SEE you???? Subbing on...and it's nevah too early chicadee!

Great start....your kids sound so cute! Glad you are starting your pre-trippie and its not too early...I started mine 3 or 4 months in advance too so I wouldnt forget anything! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear all about your plans, and change in plans :rotfl2:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cheer2: I am here! Now I gotta go back and read! :goodvibes
Yeah! Welcome! I am just reading on your TR right now! I also posted about the TT thing. Sorry about that. I'm a dork!

do we get to SEE you???? Subbing on...and it's nevah too early chicadee!
Really? Picture? Boo... I'm not a fan of my pics... I never post on my blog our real names or photos, but I guess I may here. TR's are so much better with pics, right?!

:thumbsup2 Our kids are very close in age: I have a DD10, DD8, and DS5. Can't wait to read more. popcorn::
Thanks for coming by! I'm glad to meetcha!

4 months isn't really that far off. Hope you have a great vacation and looking forward to seeing the rest of your pre-planning.
Oh, you don't even know! I've got mad planning skillz, girl! Welcome to the PTR!

I'm really touched by you guys coming by! I'll try to add pics to my family stuff soon. I'm just not sure how to do it yet. :surfweb:

Okay-I still can't get pictures up, because I don't have them hosted on a site. Maybe I'll work on that tomorrow?

So, getting to know me... I'm very silly. I tend to be sarcastic and goofy. I love to laugh (Great-now I have that song from Mary Poppins in my head!) and goof off with my kids. I probably spend too much time planning fun and not enough time doing fun, if you know what I mean.

I started dreaming of this idea to go to Disney a few years ago. I've wanted to take the kids, but I've waited because I was worried they wouldn't appreciate it until they were all over 4-ish. I wanted to take the kids last year for DH and I's 10th anniversary, but we were building a new house, so it was forgotten about again.

Last July, DH was offered a promotion in our new town. So we got out of our contract in our old town and moved within 3 weeks to our new town. Can we please go to Disney World now?!

DH finally decided we were out of debt enough that it was high time we have a family vacation-- NEXT year. We had been to the beach several times, but we have never gone somewhere alone (without extended family). We certainly never went somewhere that's a tourist destination!
So, now it's spring of 2007 and I'm FINALLY getting my hubby to commit to a date...

Next: Room ressies...

I did it!!! :woohoo:
I added a picture of me with DD6 (when she was 4? 3?), one of the kids with Homeschool Daddy at the History Museum's 3D show this spring. There's also a picture of each of them from a few weeks ago they had taken at Sears. For some reason DD10 took her glasses off for the picture.
Enjoy~~~

Great start and what a beautiful family you have there. I too have a 6 year old starting 1st grade Aug 20th.

We will be there the same time as you....Jan 2nd to the 5th...going for her 7th bday which is the 2nd. But dh is not coming....grandpa (my dad) is.

Your kids will have a blast...Aviva has gone 11 times and we have 2 upcoming trips!!

Cannot wait to read more.

Your kids are beautiful(and you are too!) and it is never too early to plan.Looking forward to reading more...:surfweb:

Alrighty, here to support a fellow Focker :thumbsup2

Great start so far! Those 4 months will go by quickly with this Pre TR, you'll see!

Can't wait to hear about your plans popcorn::

Great start and what a beautiful family you have there. I too have a 6 year old starting 1st grade Aug 20th.

We will be there the same time as you....Jan 2nd to the 5th...going for her 7th bday which is the 2nd. But dh is not coming....grandpa (my dad) is.

Your kids will have a blast...Aviva has gone 11 times and we have 2 upcoming trips!!

Cannot wait to read more.

You should be happy with the prices for hotels that week too, then! I was so glad to see we didn't have a hike or even a weekend price!

What a lucky girl- a Bday in Disney! :cloud9:

Your kids are beautiful(and you are too!) and it is never too early to plan.Looking forward to reading more...:surfweb:

Awww! You're my new BFF! :goodvibes

Alrighty, here to support a fellow Focker :thumbsup2

Great start so far! Those 4 months will go by quickly with this Pre TR, you'll see!

Can't wait to hear about your plans popcorn::
I'm a Focker? Cool. :cool2: I don't really get what a focker is, but I know the sign from other people's TRs. I do it to my kids when I want then to know I'm watching their sneaky little selves.

You guys are all so sweet to act like I only started 4 months early. I believe it was 4 months, 4 weeks and 2 days! :laughing: I know once school starts, it's 90 to nothing to Christmas and we leave the next week, so why not start now, right? :thumbsup2
BTW- I have been reading your TR. I loved it! You crack me up. Note to self: Don't go to DW with people who may be grumpy about plans I make! I swear I wanted to stomp her toe for making you sad. :mad:

OK. Caught up. More pleasepopcorn::

Welcome! I'm thinking about how to write all this planning stuff down. Maybe I should go next with where we're staying and where we're eating?
Doesn't revealing all the info (and pics) on the www make anyone else nervous? :eek: NO? Just me? Gr-eaaaaat. :sad2:
I'll post more tomorrow while the kids are doing school. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter