101 Ways My Son Entertained Himself at WDW--The Last Day--New 11/18

Ok, I had no idea there was a character meal in the Liberty Tavern:scared1: I can't believe it. I want to hit that one up. Pluto, Chip and Dale, Goofy!!??? All the greats! Beautiful pictures, can I borrow your parade spot when I go back? :flower3:
It was really yummy! of course I'll share my parade spot! :goodvibes

:goodvibes I`m all caught up Dawn!! We like that girl from O hanas!! I have nice picture of her and Steve. O`hanas Bread pudding!! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Your pictures all came out great! the kids look very happy! :goodvibes but where were the pictures of you? :confused3
Waiting for more!! popcorn:: what day are we on?
No one really takes pics of me, I guess. That was Saturday and we leave Tuesday. I'm going to try and do another post this week. :thumbsup2

Great Updates I am finally catching up on everything and just spotted your update !
Thank you, Rosie! :goodvibes

I can't believe, after all my gentle nagging, that you update on the day I went to WDW :sad: Are you trying to tell me something? ;) :rotfl2:

Great photos with Buzz and at LTT, love the slogan :lmao:

I can't believe, after all my gentle nagging, that you update on the day I went to WDW :sad: Are you trying to tell me something? ;) :rotfl2:

Great photos with Buzz and at LTT, love the slogan :lmao:
I think I updated because Janet was so bored at work and wishing it was her vacation time already. Sorry! :hug:
I saw you posted and thought I'd gotten in trouble for not posting in so long!

:lmao:

angel.gif

It's Animal Kingdom Day!
Right off I knew we weren't going to spend all day AK. We have animals at home. We can see them there. This is Disney and we don't want to walk around at animal habitats here, people.

Walking up to the gates, we see Wes Palm. Isn't he cool guys? We're walking, keep walking. Wes is cool , but he will not distract me from geting up to the front of the line, no sir.

IMG_0975.jpg

Once we got through the gates a CM was showing the kids this spider. I tried to let the kids "ooh and ahh" over it, but all I was thinking is that she's keeping us from getting fastpasses to Kilamanjaro Safaris. I didn't realize that we would have to wait in a crowd inside the park for rope drop. :sad2:

IMG_0981.jpg

The plan was for Kirt to go ride Expedition Everest and Dinosaur while I took the kids to get fast passes. After we got the FPs, we had time to enjoy making music with some new friends.

IMG_0983.jpg

We bought some really cool instruments for the kids in one of the shops after we were done jamming. :lovestruc

I decided to head over to Camp Minnie Mickey so we could meet Mickey and his friends. Kirt met up with us and we met the hosts of our vacation.

MickeyChristmas.jpg

Next, we headed over to the Festival of the Lion King. What an amazing show!

After the show, we used our fast passes for the safari ride. The animals were out and happy.

A few more pics:
bearsanimalkingdom.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

And, that's where it ends, folks. We left Animal Kingdom to head to Downtown Disney for another yummy sammie from Earl of Sandwich. :cloud9:

IMG_1106.jpg

After lunch, the girls wanted to do hair wraps and the boys headed to Disney Quest (DQ- not the ice cream place... :rolleyes1 ). The girls picked out their colors and happily sat still while their hair was done up purty.
When it was time to pay, I was astounded that it was 65 DOLLARS! WHAT?! :eek: I was so shocked I had to drink it off.

IMG_1109.jpg

But, they do look cute, don't they? :lovestruc
IMG_1113.jpg

We made some treats at Goofy's Candy shop for later and went to meet the boys at Raglan Road.

IMG_1115.jpg

I would have to say this was the meal we enjoyed the least of all the table service meals we had on the trip. The food was too unusual for the kids and the bread was too sweet. I did enjoy my steak and asparagus, but my whining, hungry children blurred my memory of it.

After dinner we went back to POR for our horse and carriage ride (sorry, no pics...:guilty: ). It was quite cold still and it was so nice to snuggle under blankets and see the resorts. We had a few drinks in the lounge and headed to the room for bed.

Next up: Epcot (Our last full day :sad1: )

It's Animal Kingdom Day!
Right off I knew we weren't going to spend all day AK. We have animals at home. We can see them there. This is Disney and we don't want to walk around at animal habitats here, people.​

We usually never spend the whole day...this year was an anomoly!

Once we got through the gates a CM was showing the kids this spider. I tried to let the kids "ooh and ahh" over it, but all I was thinking is that she's keeping us from getting fastpasses to Kilamanjaro Safaris. I didn't realize that we would have to wait in a crowd inside the park for rope drop. :sad2:

Priorities:rolleyes:

Next, we headed over to the Festival of the Lion King. What an amazing show!

My favorite:thumbsup2

When it was time to pay, I was astounded that it was 65 DOLLARS! WHAT?! :eek:

:faint:

I would have to say this was the meal we enjoyed the least of all the table service meals we had on the trip. The food was too unusual for the kids and the bread was too sweet. I did enjoy my steak and asparagus, but my whining, hungry children blurred my memory of it.

Jimmy didn't like his burger here either. The cheese had a bit of a bite, not something he is used too:sad2:

Next up: Epcot (Our last full day :sad1: )

popcorn::

The girls matching outfits look so cute!
Kind of too bad C didn't cut her hair before the trip, so the hair wrap would be cheaper. :lmao: :lmao:

Wes is cool , but he will not distract me from geting up to the front of the line, no sir.
Oh Dawn :rotfl2:

I'd forgotten you went at Christmas time :rotfl2:

And, that's where it ends, folks. We left Animal Kingdom to head to Downtown Disney for another yummy sammie from Earl of Sandwich. :cloud9:
We do AK quickly too and oooh EoS :thumbsup2

When it was time to pay, I was astounded that it was 65 DOLLARS! WHAT?! :eek: I was so shocked I had to drink it off.
OMG :faint: How long did they last?

After dinner we went back to POR for our horse and carriage ride (sorry, no pics...:guilty: ). It was quite cold still and it was so nice to snuggle under blankets and see the resorts.
Sounded nice :goodvibes

oh good an update already .i love the girls shirts. i too got a little obsessed with custom clothes for my past trip i made ds5 3 outfits and dd2 5 outfits and i had no clue how to sew before this, those disboutiquers are great at helping to figure things out gotta love em. i am not a big animal kingdom lover we actually skipped all together in november on our 1st ever christmas trip. i am loving your report and yes i would definitely need a drink after paying 65 for hair wraps. yes your girls look adorable but 65 is a bit much. grand marnier slushie from epcot would be my drink of choice

The girls matching outfits look so cute!
Kind of too bad C didn't cut her hair before the trip, so the hair wrap would be cheaper. :lmao: :lmao:
No kidding! :sad2: I also know now to say to wrap it from the underside of the hair, instead of from the top. The charge is per inch! :scared1:

Jimmy didn't like his burger here either. The cheese had a bit of a bite, not something he is used too:sad2:
Why can't they just not fancy up the kids meal choices? Geez. :mad:

OMG :faint: How long did they last?
They last several weeks to a month, I think. I ended up undoing them because you could see where it was breaking off the hair that was wrapped! In other words, save your money. :sad2:

oh good an update already .i love the girls shirts. i too got a little obsessed with custom clothes for my past trip i made ds5 3 outfits and dd2 5 outfits and i had no clue how to sew before this, those disboutiquers are great at helping to figure things out gotta love em. i am not a big animal kingdom lover we actually skipped all together in november on our 1st ever christmas trip. i am loving your report and yes i would definitely need a drink after paying 65 for hair wraps. yes your girls look adorable but 65 is a bit much. grand marnier slushie from epcot would be my drink of choice
Thanks! B won't wear her shirt now. It was fine for WDW, but she's never worn it again. I don't sew, so I did all the prep work and ironed them together and K sewed them on the machine (He has experience from his tux shop days). I made a ton of things too. It's fun to do to waste time while you're waiting. :goodvibes

It's here. The last full day of our trip. :sad1:

The plan was for the boys to head to Test Track and the girls would ride Soarin' and get FPs for later.

We also walked onto Living with the Land and then Imagination with Figment. I know, not so exciting, but we were trying to waste time until the boys came back.
We played around with the pictures and different things and got the girls' pictures made with the High School Musical crew. Oh, yeah, we know them. :lmao:

Flowerface-c.jpg

The boys showed up while we were waiting for our pictures. Nothing like wasting time trying to catch jumping water...
IMG_0037.jpg

We rode Soarin' with our fast passes and ended up on the first row for the 3rd time! We got the Disney magic, baybee! :yay:

Next, we walked through Morocco and on to Japan to eat. We shopped a little and got the lady at the shop to write the girls' names on their fans in Japanese. How cool is that? We watched Miyuki make candy, and show the drums show.

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

We had a pit stop to make and while we were waiting for the girls to come back, Aiden had a great time stepping on little berries and whipping these tree branch things. Kirt and I were cracking up and what this kid will play with! Why do we buy him toys?! :rolleyes:

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

In America, we heard an acapella group sing a song or two. I was bummed to realize that was thing I knew I had to do the first visit because USA was closed today. :headache:
IMG_0051.jpg

Italy had that funny mime guy (Sergio) out front performing. The kids liked to watch him, but didn't want to be called on. So, they got shy when he asked for help. I wanted to yank his whistle out of his mouth and throw it inthe lagoon. :mad: Shut up with that thing! Aren't mimes supposed to be quiet?!:sad2:
IMG_0052-1.jpg

Next, Germany and ice cream from the outpost. I didn't get an ice cream because I knew it was practically a requirement of all good Fockers to get a slushie at the Joy of Tea cart. I got the gree tea plum wime slushie and it was very good. :lovestruc

We settled in to watch the Chinese acrobats with our treats. Ouch! I don't usually do this when I'm hanging out with my friends, but to each her own, I suppose.
IMG_0087.jpg

kidswithmulan-1.jpg

Norway and Maelstrom is next. Baylie was a little leery of the ride, and squeezed my arm a lot, but I think she was fine once the unknown was over.
We bought a cool book here about being a Viking and Camryn posed for a photot next to everyone's favorite gnome. What's up with that look on her face. I'm going to have to keep my eye on her! :rolleyes:

IMG_0090.jpg

Mexico time!
I can't believe I never went inside the pyramid before. How cool is that?! We had a lot of fun on this ride (what do you call it, T? ;) ) and bought several things. I got a little serape of the Mexican flag, an activity book and my favorite mexican candy. :cloud9: The kids had fun trying on the sombreros...
IMG_0100.jpg

Anyone wanna buy a hat?
IMG_0101.jpg

We headed over to use Fast passes at Jo's favorite ride--- Test Track! I didn't want to ride it, really. But once we did, we went on it a few more times that evening. I can see why Jo's family loves it so much.
Here's our "we're so scared" pose:
Testtrack-1.jpg

Continued in next post...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter