• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10 Days Of Glorious Disney Dining! Lots Of Pics!~Complete!

Loving all the WPE reviews! Can't wait to eat there next month and the cheese pizza you had looks super yummy!:lovestruc

Thanks :goodvibes I really love WPE! I'm an addict now! Enjoy your trip there next month :)

LOL. Maybe they only prep so many cookie spoons per night and after that they do the cocoa powder? :confused3

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck it was. We have been given many amuse bouches at many restaurants over the years but I've never seen anything like that.

That's what I was thinking too. They were probably out of them by the time we got dessert.

This is quinoa (KEEN-wah)! It's actually not a grain even though it looks and cooks like one. I'm not sure why they were serving it at Jiko -- it's almost exclusively from South America, so not typically African at all. Nutritionally, it's very, very good for you. It can be served sweet or savory, pretty much the way you'd use rice. I did make it like oatmeal for breakfast one morning, with brown sugar and cinnamon and butter, and it was delicious.

Wow! Interesting! Thanks for posting that. I'll bet it would be pretty good the way you described it. The way we had it was incredibly plain. I don't even know how else to describe it, but it definitely was savory rather than sweet.

:lmao: Maybe they're taking a hint from 50's Prime Time. "No cookie unless you eat your veggies!"

:rotfl::rotfl: You might be right!

Oh man, you got the cookie spoon! :lmao::lmao: Actually, I didn't even see your picture. There is another current review of someone's trip who was there the same week as me and they had one too. I think I was punished for not eating that slop from the chef! :lmao:

Ok, I'm glad you thought that stuff was nasty looking too! What the heck? :rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao: It's too funny! Yep, that present from the chef does not look appetizing (especially for the beginning of your meal). Anyways, I've only seen the one with the cookie spoon so it's a bit surprising that yours came without one. I just love Jiko filet with mac & cheese and I don't even like mac & cheese normally.

P1030954.jpg

He said it was a special thank you from the chef for staying at The Lodge. I have no idea what it was because he talked so darn fast that the only word I caught was salad. :confused3 This was NASTY! DH said, "We are supposed to eat this right? This isn't like the towels where we're supposed to rub it on our hands or something right?" :lmao::lmao::lmao: This sent me into a hysterical fit of giggles and then I really couldn't eat this thing. Maybe we're just a couple of unsophisticated bumpkins, but I don't know how anyone could possibly enjoy this. It was just some type of grain with a piece of orange in it. I don't know what else to say about this other than, Ewwww! I saw a family at another table later on were given the same thing and they had two daughters who looked like they were around 10 years old and I saw them look at it suspiciously and ask their parent, "Do we have to eat this?" :rotfl2: The parents seemed kind of horrified by this too, so hey, at least we weren't the only ones!

COLOR]

The thank you that you recieved is also known as a special taste or, more commonly known as an amuse-bouche. This small taste is the chef's selection and is meant to get the taste buds excited, prepare you for the meal to come, and to offer some insight into the chef's cooking style.

I always look forward to the amuse-bouche because I know it will be a creative bite of food, and a new experience for me.

Your last day looks just like mine did! I went to WPE for breakfast, then the movies, then Jiko for dinner! AND I had the smoked bacon pizza for my breakfast meal!

Great minds :lovestruc

Wow! :goodvibes What a wonderful food review. :thumbsup2 I really enjoyed reading and seeing all of your wonderful food pictures. You have given me some new restaurants to try out this trip. Thank you for sharing with us.:)

:lmao::lmao: It's too funny! Yep, that present from the chef does not look appetizing (especially for the beginning of your meal). Anyways, I've only seen the one with the cookie spoon so it's a bit surprising that yours came without one. I just love Jiko filet with mac & cheese and I don't even like mac & cheese normally.

I had the filet with mac & cheese our first time here, but I wasn't feeling very well that night and didn't get to fully enjoy it. I would really like to have it again some time. That is, if they still even let you order it.

The thank you that you recieved is also known as a special taste or, more commonly known as an amuse-bouche. This small taste is the chef's selection and is meant to get the taste buds excited, prepare you for the meal to come, and to offer some insight into the chef's cooking style.

I always look forward to the amuse-bouche because I know it will be a creative bite of food, and a new experience for me.

I get what it was, but it just wasn't my thing I guess. A little too fancy-shmancy for me I suppose :rotfl:

Thank you for your reviews! I truly enjoyed them!:)

Thank you so much! :goodvibes

Your last day looks just like mine did! I went to WPE for breakfast, then the movies, then Jiko for dinner! AND I had the smoked bacon pizza for my breakfast meal!

Great minds :lovestruc

Wow that's too funny! Very true on the great minds comment :thumbsup2

Wow! :goodvibes What a wonderful food review. :thumbsup2 I really enjoyed reading and seeing all of your wonderful food pictures. You have given me some new restaurants to try out this trip. Thank you for sharing with us.:)

Thanks so much! So glad you enjoyed them! :goodvibes

Ugh. The last day of vacation is the worst! I think this trip was the hardest for us to leave. We had such a good time together and we knew we had too much nonsense to deal with once we were home. Maybe we'll just stay and have our family pack up our house and ship our stuff to us! Sounds like a good plan to me! But, alas, we must leave our happy place today. We woke up early and packed up the car and drove to the TTC. We hopped on a monorail and went to Grand Floridian for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.

P1030973.jpg

We ate here on our trip last year and we really liked it. I am a die-hard Crystal Palace fanatic, but DH was kinda sick of it since I've made him eat breakfast there two or three times every trip for four trips in a row. So, I decided to be a nice wife once again and book 1900 Park Fare for our last morning instead of CP. We waited about 15 minutes to be seated, but we were really early for our reservation, so we were actually seated about 10 minutes before our scheduled time.

They quickly took our picture and we were seated. Let me just say, that the whole picture thing before the meal really annoys me. I am a picture taking junkie and I will gladly drop money on pictures from the rides in the park (as long as DH isn't around to see how much I'm spending :laughing:). But, these pictures are ridiculous. It's one thing have them print out and then pay for a picture that you want, but here and other places we've been to it feels like the biggest waste to print out pictures and then try and gouge you with a high price. I hate that they already spent the time and the money to print these pictures and then have the nerve to ask $30 for them and if you don't buy them they probably just get thrown away. I'm sure Disney already had someone do the math on this and they charge $30 for a reason, but it seems to me that they would sell a lot more at $15 then they would at $30. They already have them printed out! I don't get it! What's with the insanely high price! When the girl came around with our picture I barely even glanced at it. As soon as I heard the price it was an automatic "no" from the both of us. Ok, sorry, picture rant over! :)

The characters were pretty far away from us, so we went up for our first plates. Here is my messy first plate.

P1030975.jpg

Let's start at top left hand corner of the plate and work our way around clockwise. I had the brekfast potatoes, which I really like. I love shredded cheesy potatoes! Then I got a Mickey waffle and put the banana sauce on it. This was pretty good! Who doesn't love a Mickey waffle? Then I got some bacon, which was actually very crisp and tasty considering it was sitting in a big bowl on a buffet. It's normally only so-so, but the bacon was excellent today. Then I got a piece of french toast, which I put the vanilla sauce on. This seemed like a good idea, but it backfired. It was not very good that way. Then I had the bread pudding with the vanilla bean sauce. Now this was amazing! Loved it! Then I tried the Lobster Benedict. Not a fan. I thought it would be extra yummy on a biscuit rather than an english muffin, but I didn't like the texture it gave the whole thing. Too mushy. And it was very salty and very fishy. Yuck! I left a lot of it on my plate.

Here is DH's plate.

P1030976.jpg

I truly don't remember his thoughts on most of his food. I only remember that he loved the sticky bun because he got another one later, but I know he basically liked everything.

We started off with a pot of coffee on the table, but only one mug. I must look like I'm already too tense and don't need coffee I guess. :rotfl2: So, we asked for another mug, a water (for me), and their special juice blend for both of us. They have some sort of blend of three different juices that is very similar to the juice at Poly. It's really good! Here is a picture.

P1030986.jpg

The only problem is they give you a really tiny glass of it. They will refill it for you as often as you like, but we were constantly out of it and we could never find our waiter. Last time we were drinking so much of it that our waitress just gave us the whole pitcher, which we finished. This time we only got two little glasses of it. Bummer.

We both went back for a second plate. I didn't get a picture of his second plate, but here is a picture of mine.

P1030980.jpg

Ummm... I think I liked the bread pudding. :rotfl2: I really could have had even more of it, but I knew we had a long drive ahead of us in a few hours and I didn't want to be ridiculously stuffed and sleepy.

The characters here were really great! We had a really really funny interaction with Mad Hatter. He sat down with us and was trying to get me to eat a gummy bear he had in his pocket. :laughing: Here he is with DH.

P1030977.jpg

When we were here last year Alice wasn't in the rotation that day and I was very disappointed, but she was here today! She was very funny and really talked with us for awhile. Here is me with Alice.

P1030984.jpg

Here is DH with Alice.

P1030985.jpg

Tigger and Pooh just stopped for pics and didn't really interact with us, but that's fine with us. Mary Poppins was also great with us! She talked to us for awhile too. We never saw Bert, but he was there somewhere.

We were out of there fairly quick, which was great because I wanted some time in MK before we had to leave.

We got to do a few rides in MK before it got too busy and DH used his last snack credit on his last Pineapple Float of the trip. I stopped and grabbed myself a few treats and used my last snack credit and then it was time to leave. :sad1:

We took the Ferry back to TTC, which I really love doing, especially on the last day. It's so nice to sit in the back of the ferry and watch the castle fade from sight.

P1040003.jpg

Awww, bye castle!

Now it's time to make the 16 hour drive back to Jersey. No awesome Disney food on the way back, just a really bad Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger. Definitely not the same as WPE!

We made it home safe and sound at 5am and as we were unpacking the car I realized I still had two treats to take a picture of!

First, I got one of the really cute new boxes of candy. They were all so cool looking, but I decided on the chocolate and candy coated peanuts.

P1040015.jpg

I've been snacking on a few of these at a time since we've been back. They're basically just peanut M&Ms, but they're better because they're Disney! :thumbsup2

I also got this colorful popcorn.

P1040017.jpg

I was so excited when I saw this at the candy store on Main Street! I used to love this stuff as a kid, but I haven't been able to find it ANYWHERE for years and years! Each one is a different fruit flavor, but it's a very subtle fruit flavor. It basically tastes like caramel corn, but just a little extra flavor to it. It was just as good as I remember! I love it! I hope they carry it for awhile. It might not be for everyone, but I am a fan. :thumbsup2

Oh no, it's all over! Thank you so much to everyone for reading along and for all the really positive comments. It makes me feel like this little guy.:goodvibes You are all so awesome :woohoo: I will be back again in December with a dining report. Next time it's just me and my dad in Disney, so it should be interesting. He hasn't been to Disney in over 20 years, so this trip will be a lot more about the rides than the food, but hopefully there will be a lot of Christmas goodies for me to share with all of you!

Now I shall leave you the same way that you leave IASW. With lots of good-byes! Thanks again everyone!

P1030779.jpg

Awwww. It's over. I loved the pics and reviews! Thanks so much for sharing! May you have many more years of Disney Dining. :D

Great reviews. I feel so bad that you did not have a good experience at The Wave. We loved it, but I agree the portions are not very big! We didn't hear the spiel about "nothing is fried" or I might have said the same thing as you - ha ha - :rotfl:

I especially enjoyed the review of the Garden Grill (did I get the name right?) -- not heard much on that but it looked good and I might have to consider it for one of our trips! ... to many restaurants and not enough time ... ARG - I need to plan more trips! :thumbsup2

Great reviews. I am so hoping to get to WPE this trip. We keep saying we're going but never actually end up making it there. The pics look amazing!!! Plus I'm hoping to STOP AND SMELL THE SWEETS this trip. This will be our first trip not on the DxDDP so I'm hoping to add some incredible sweets in place of a meal!!!

Thanks for all the great reviews!

I can't believe you drove straight through to NJ! We do the 16 hour trek from GA to NY every year but we have to stop halfway!

Enjoy your December trip! We can't wait for ours!

First of all, LOVED this report! I was going back and forth trying to decide where to have breakfast on our final day before we leave, and now I'm on a serious mission to devour that breakfast pizza from WPE! Anywho... I wanted to ask you about the tuna oscar from Kona, I REEEALLY want to be adventurous and try this dish. I've never had tuna before, but I'm not a fan of strong fishy fish, if that makes sense lol! I love crab, lobster, shrimp, scallops, tilapia, halibut etc. I am a sucker for fried green tomatoes so I wanted to go out on a limb and order this when we go next month, how was the tuna? As a newbie should I just order the dish as is, or cooked a little more toward the well done side? Thanks!!

Thanks for all of the great reviews! I really enjoyed reading them! :)

Thank you so much :goodvibes

Awwww. It's over. I loved the pics and reviews! Thanks so much for sharing! May you have many more years of Disney Dining. :D

Thanks so much for reading along this whole time :goodvibes I'll have lots more to come in December. Hope to see you on here then!

Great reviews. I feel so bad that you did not have a good experience at The Wave. We loved it, but I agree the portions are not very big! We didn't hear the spiel about "nothing is fried" or I might have said the same thing as you - ha ha - :rotfl:

I especially enjoyed the review of the Garden Grill (did I get the name right?) -- not heard much on that but it looked good and I might have to consider it for one of our trips! ... to many restaurants and not enough time ... ARG - I need to plan more trips! :thumbsup2

:lmao: Fried food is pretty much a food group for us! We need it! LOL

Garden Grill is definitely worth a try! I know what you mean about too many restaurants and not enough time. I think we would need to stay for a month to try all the food that we want to try!

Great reviews. I am so hoping to get to WPE this trip. We keep saying we're going but never actually end up making it there. The pics look amazing!!! Plus I'm hoping to STOP AND SMELL THE SWEETS this trip. This will be our first trip not on the DxDDP so I'm hoping to add some incredible sweets in place of a meal!!!

That's exactly what happened for me this trip. I finally got to try some great snacks since I wasn't ridiculously full from two huge meals everyday. I'm gonna try and get some more snacks in on this next trip because we plan on being in the park all day since it won't be really hot in December. I think longer park days will equal more treats. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the great reviews!

I can't believe you drove straight through to NJ! We do the 16 hour trek from GA to NY every year but we have to stop halfway!

Enjoy your December trip! We can't wait for ours!

I can't believe we did it either! DH drove the whole way down and we split the driving coming back and we were exhausted! We must be crazy! But, at least we saved a fortune on air fare. I have a Honda Fit and it only cost us about $180 in gas, so I guess it was worth it.

My December trip will be just my dad and myself since DH is finishing up some college classes, so it will be a new experience for me. It should be really fun though! It's Disney! How could it not be fun?! Hope you have a wonderful trip as well. :goodvibes

Great dining report. Thanks for taking the time to share you experiences with us.

Thank you so much for reading it! :goodvibes

First of all, LOVED this report! I was going back and forth trying to decide where to have breakfast on our final day before we leave, and now I'm on a serious mission to devour that breakfast pizza from WPE! Anywho... I wanted to ask you about the tuna oscar from Kona, I REEEALLY want to be adventurous and try this dish. I've never had tuna before, but I'm not a fan of strong fishy fish, if that makes sense lol! I love crab, lobster, shrimp, scallops, tilapia, halibut etc. I am a sucker for fried green tomatoes so I wanted to go out on a limb and order this when we go next month, how was the tuna? As a newbie should I just order the dish as is, or cooked a little more toward the well done side? Thanks!!

That breakfast pizaa at WPE was really amazing! Definitely make the trip to DTD for it. :thumbsup2

I am the same as you with the fish. Love all the same stuff, but had never had tuna like this before. It was not overly fishy at all! Our waitress recommended ordering it cooked the same as you like your steak, so I got it medium and it was perfect! I was kinda worried about ordering it too, but it really was delicious. I had never had fried green tomatoes before this either and I am a huge fan now. I would definitely recommend the Tuna Oscar to you!

Thank you so much for such a wonderful report!! My DH and I will be there on Tuesday for our much anticipated adults only anniversary celebration. I said that I needed a good dining review to read today before I left and thank goodness I was able to find yours!! Sounds like you guys had a great vacation and some awesome meals. I was particularly interested in your Kona review as that will be a new one for us. So glad to hear you enjoyed it so much. We will eating here on our first night and are very excited about it. Thanks again, I will be looking forward to your next review!!:wizard:

Oh no, it's our last full day at Disney! Where did the time go? Why doesn't my work week go by this fast? Well, for our last full day we decided on full relaxation! We canceled our late night reservation for 'Ohana and added Jiko in it's place and decided to stick to DTD and the hotel for the whole day. No parks today.

We started out the morning fairly early and made some coffee and drank it out on the balcony and then we got ready and hopped on a bus to DTD.

Once at DTD we headed straight to Wolfgang Puck Express for breakfast!

I knew what I wanted, but DH was torn between and omlette and the Breakfast Pocket. He was worried that the breakfast pocket was going to be small, so he went with the omelette. We placed our order and sat down with our number.

P1030937.jpg

For drinks I got a bottle of Dasani.

P1030936.jpg

Not sure why I'm posting this. I would think that you all know what a bottle of water looks like. :rotfl2: But, hey, I'm going to be very detailed for this review.

DH wanted apple juice to drink, but they only had small cartons of apple juice. The girl at the register was nice enough to give him two cartons of juice.

P1030935.jpg

It was pretty empty in there first thing in the morning and our food was out very quick. Here is DH's Spinach, Mushroom and Cheese Omelette.

P1030938.jpg

Here's a pic of the inside of the omelette.

P1030941.jpg

Sorry those pictures aren't the greatest. My flash was really washing out the omelette, but it's kind of grainy without it.

He thought it was good, but not great. He loved the breakfast potaotes and wished there were more of them. Also, he saw a waiter walk by with one of the Breakfast Pockets and they are HUGE!!!! So, he was kind of disappointed in his choice.

I got the Smoked Bacon Pizza, which is scrambled eggs, tomatoes, mozzarella, and cheddar. I got it without the Ranch on it.

P1030940.jpg

Are you drooling?

Oh cow! This thing was GINORMOUS!!!! It was so much food for breakfast! Love it! I ate so much of this and gave DH two pieces (which he loved too) and I was still super full. Everything about this was yummy! The bacon was cooked nice and crisp, which I love. The tomatoes were ripe and tasty and there was a ton of cheese on this which went really well with the eggs. Also, the crust on this was perfect! Just the right balance between thick and thin. To me this is the perfect pizza crust. Yum! I could eat this for breakfast every day!

Now that we stuffed ourselves to the gills we head over to the West Side to catch a matinee at AMC!

Up next... WPE... Again!
Here's that breakfast pocket if anyone wants to see it. I had it in Jan. And yes, that is a brownie. We actually got dessert instead of a second drink with our CS credit.
11%2010:18:50%20PM

Sorry to make you late for work. I am currently on the computer at work and not working :laughing: But I'm the boss, so it's okay, it's a slow day. I think your little one will love the characters and so will you! They were really fun. It's so hard to eat anything else at all in Epcot when F&W is going on, but this place was worth it. I hope you and your family have a fantastic time there on your next trip :goodvibes

:rotfl: U'd make a great boss!! lol!!! I wish I could sneak onto the computer @ work. This would be a much better use of time than cutting my customer's hair. Don't you think?

The review has been so much fun & helpful!! You did great job & I'm ready for WDW!!!! I'll be looking for your dec review as well!!! popcorn::

I am subbing to this !!!First I have to say I totally agree with you on WPE , I always look at the menu and order the meatloaf every time !!Just a side note I was the first to have the meatloaf there the first day it was put on the menu and I have eaten it every chance I get since !! The cheescake is great too but the creme brulee has my heart!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter