• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10 Days Of Glorious Disney Dining! Lots Of Pics!~Complete!

Loved the GG pictures! We're going there this trip & it is a first for me. Everything looks SOOOO good. You did get my stomach talking with that cookies & cream picture. Yummy!

It all tasted as good as it looks! I hope you really enjoy it there too!

Thanks for the Garden Grill review! I have never really thought about making a reservation there but now its on my list!

It is definitely worth checking out! The food was great and it's always nice to get your picture taken with The Mouse himself :)

:lmao: LOL!!!! So in between getting ready for work I checked back here & saw the GG review!!! Now... I'm gonna be late!!! :rolleyes1 I am sooo happy you guys went & loved it! We are going too, for the 1st time! This was hard for us since we are going during f&w fest & just cause it's Epcot. We have a baby[who LOVES Mickey] we knew we'd be trying GG this trip. It's just awesome to see an adult couple enjoy the food so much! Thanks! >So excited!!!:woohoo:

Sorry to make you late for work. I am currently on the computer at work and not working :laughing: But I'm the boss, so it's okay, it's a slow day. I think your little one will love the characters and so will you! They were really fun. It's so hard to eat anything else at all in Epcot when F&W is going on, but this place was worth it. I hope you and your family have a fantastic time there on your next trip :goodvibes

Those sundaes look amazing. I've never had a sundae with peanut butter in it. Does it taste totally like peanuts or do you still get the flavors of the ice cream and fudge?

The peanut butter really didn't overwhelm it. I could definitely still taste the fudge and the ice cream. This was kind of a chunky peanut butter too, so I liked the additional texture that it gave the sundae.

That is the second rave review I have seen on the Samoan....now I dont know what to do, mac nut and pineapple pancakes or the Samoan? Oh wait, why not book 2 breakfast reservations so I can have both!!

I must admit the food from GG looks good..we have never been there before because the food didnt wow us but I would love the salad and the dessert...and the rolls and butter of course!

WOW ! Garden Grill looks fantastic ! We've always just kind of bypassed that one... it's never been in contention. But after your review looking so yummy, we might have to try this one. The dinner entree presentation looks so nice too ! :goodvibes

Just read all your reviews...Wow, great job!! I have to say that this made me REALLY want to try Kona for dinner in the future...Looks so good! :lovestruc

Wow!! Thanks for all of the reviews and pictures!I now have a BUNCH of new things to try thanks to you guys-thanks again!:thumbsup2

:cloud9: Oooo I loved your review and pics and I'm so glad I canceled our ressie to the Wave!

Just signing on here!

We are just starting to plan our dining for Feb and were considering The Wave for breakfast since we're staying at BLT, not sure now.

Now I know what I'm getting for breakfast at KONA, the Samoan!!!!:thumbsup2

That is the second rave review I have seen on the Samoan....now I dont know what to do, mac nut and pineapple pancakes or the Samoan? Oh wait, why not book 2 breakfast reservations so I can have both!!

I must admit the food from GG looks good..we have never been there before because the food didnt wow us but I would love the salad and the dessert...and the rolls and butter of course!

I 'm w/you on booking Kona 2x!!:lmao: I was thinking the SAME thing after seeing those eggs on 2 reviews!!! Must be reading the same ones!!;)

I would definitely go with two breakfast reservations :thumbsup2 I think I'm definitely going to book two next time because I want to try so many things there!

Garden Grill was really good! That salad was delicious and I am a sucker for really good rolls and butter. DH hates when I eat to much "filler" but what can I say, I love carbs! :rotfl2:

WOW ! Garden Grill looks fantastic ! We've always just kind of bypassed that one... it's never been in contention. But after your review looking so yummy, we might have to try this one. The dinner entree presentation looks so nice too ! :goodvibes

I'm glad to see I'm turning everyone on to Garden Grill! It was really cool to look out onto the Living with the Land ride as well. At a certain point when the restaurant is turning you can see the boats from the ride going by, which was pretty neat.

Just read all your reviews...Wow, great job!! I have to say that this made me REALLY want to try Kona for dinner in the future...Looks so good! :lovestruc

Kona is at the very top of my must-do list. I've seen on here where a lot of other people haven't had good experiences there, but we always love it. I can't wait to have the Tuna Oscar again in December!

Wow!! Thanks for all of the reviews and pictures!I now have a BUNCH of new things to try thanks to you guys-thanks again!:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for reading my reviews! :goodvibes I'm happy I could turn you on to some new Disney food!

:cloud9: Oooo I loved your review and pics and I'm so glad I canceled our ressie to the Wave!

Thanks! :goodvibes I'm not sure what you canceled The Wave for, but I'm sure it MUST be better than that place. :thumbsup2

Just signing on here!

We are just starting to plan our dining for Feb and were considering The Wave for breakfast since we're staying at BLT, not sure now.

Now I know what I'm getting for breakfast at KONA, the Samoan!!!!:thumbsup2

BLT, I'm jealous! We couldn't get in there this trip, but I hope to stay there in the future. I don't know how The Wave's b-fast is, but since Poly is just a short monorail trip away for you, I would definitely suggest having breakfast there at least once on your trip :thumbsup2

Oh no, it's our last full day at Disney! Where did the time go? Why doesn't my work week go by this fast? Well, for our last full day we decided on full relaxation! We canceled our late night reservation for 'Ohana and added Jiko in it's place and decided to stick to DTD and the hotel for the whole day. No parks today.

We started out the morning fairly early and made some coffee and drank it out on the balcony and then we got ready and hopped on a bus to DTD.

Once at DTD we headed straight to Wolfgang Puck Express for breakfast!

I knew what I wanted, but DH was torn between and omlette and the Breakfast Pocket. He was worried that the breakfast pocket was going to be small, so he went with the omelette. We placed our order and sat down with our number.

P1030937.jpg

For drinks I got a bottle of Dasani.

P1030936.jpg

Not sure why I'm posting this. I would think that you all know what a bottle of water looks like. :rotfl2: But, hey, I'm going to be very detailed for this review.

DH wanted apple juice to drink, but they only had small cartons of apple juice. The girl at the register was nice enough to give him two cartons of juice.

P1030935.jpg

It was pretty empty in there first thing in the morning and our food was out very quick. Here is DH's Spinach, Mushroom and Cheese Omelette.

P1030938.jpg

Here's a pic of the inside of the omelette.

P1030941.jpg

Sorry those pictures aren't the greatest. My flash was really washing out the omelette, but it's kind of grainy without it.

He thought it was good, but not great. He loved the breakfast potaotes and wished there were more of them. Also, he saw a waiter walk by with one of the Breakfast Pockets and they are HUGE!!!! So, he was kind of disappointed in his choice.

I got the Smoked Bacon Pizza, which is scrambled eggs, tomatoes, mozzarella, and cheddar. I got it without the Ranch on it.

P1030940.jpg

Are you drooling?

Oh cow! This thing was GINORMOUS!!!! It was so much food for breakfast! Love it! I ate so much of this and gave DH two pieces (which he loved too) and I was still super full. Everything about this was yummy! The bacon was cooked nice and crisp, which I love. The tomatoes were ripe and tasty and there was a ton of cheese on this which went really well with the eggs. Also, the crust on this was perfect! Just the right balance between thick and thin. To me this is the perfect pizza crust. Yum! I could eat this for breakfast every day!

Now that we stuffed ourselves to the gills we head over to the West Side to catch a matinee at AMC!

Up next... WPE... Again!

Well, we went to AMC after breakfast and saw... Shark Night! In 3-D! Ugh, It was awful. We knew it would be bad, but it was really really bad. Why do we keep watching bad movies this trip? :rotfl2: Anyway, after that we did some shopping and headed back to the Marketplace and WPE for lunch.

DH knew what he wanted going in. He had been wanting the Spaghetti and Meatballs, but for some reason he changed his mind and got the Warm Turkey Melt with Cheddar, Arugula, Caramelized Onions and Port Wine Sauce.

P1030949.jpg

He said this was good and definitely better than most counter service meals you can get, but he didn't love it. He said the sauce was "kinda weird" and he hated the sweet potato fries. He kept trying to pawn them off on me, but I hate them too, so he ended up leaving a big pile of them on his plate. It didn't say on the menu that it came with sweet potato fries instead of the regular ones he got with the Meatloaf Sandwich. If he had known, he would have asked for the regular french fries.

I got the Four Cheese Pesto Pizza which is mozzarella, fontina, parmesan, goat cheese, roma tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and pesto.

P1030950.jpg

P1030951.jpg

D'oh! Left my camera on the wrong setting and didn't realize it. Sorry these pics aren't very good.

Yum! I love the flavor of all the different cheeses together and the sundried tomatoes on it were wonderful! I really enjoyed the pesto on it and I absolutly love fresh tomatoes on my pizza instead of tomato sauce. I ate every last little bit of this. I would definitely get this again!

For dessert we got the Vanilla Bean Cheesecake again.

P1030952.jpg

This was even better than it was our first time here! The crust on the top was a little bit thicker, which was amazing! We devoured our dessert too.

I must say, I really enjoyed all three trips we made here this trip and I will definitely be eating here on many more trips to come! So far, we have found WPE and Flame Tree to be the best counter service locations in all of WDW.

Up next... Jiko!

Your WPE pictures are great! We have not been there in a few years and in May we tried to go there but it was closed....I really think we are missing out and we have got to get our butts back there!

Dont you love the movies in DTD? On our last trip we saw Fast Five and POTC 4 and we had a great time...its so nice to take a break in the afternoon...DH is already planning on a repeat performance next month :thumbsup2

After a nice relaxing day together DH & I walked over to Jambo house for our dinner at Jiko.

We were seated along the Sunrise Wall, or Sunset Wall, or something like that. This is our fourth time here and this was the first time we were seated up here along this wall, which was a nice change of pace.

They brought out the warm towels for us, which I always like because my hands smell so good for the rest of the night.

We decided for our last night to really splurge and get drinks and appetizers. We just got wine and beer, which I didn't take pictures of, sorry. But first they started us off with two types of bread and their signature butter.

P1030953.jpg

I tried the sweet bread, but I really am not crazy about there butter here. I find it very strange. So, I ate the bread minus the butter and it was pretty good. DH likes the butter though and he enjoyed a piece of bread as well.

Ok, so then our waiter brought out this.

P1030954.jpg

He said it was a special thank you from the chef for staying at The Lodge. I have no idea what it was because he talked so darn fast that the only word I caught was salad. :confused3 This was NASTY! DH said, "We are supposed to eat this right? This isn't like the towels where we're supposed to rub it on our hands or something right?" :lmao::lmao::lmao: This sent me into a hysterical fit of giggles and then I really couldn't eat this thing. Maybe we're just a couple of unsophisticated bumpkins, but I don't know how anyone could possibly enjoy this. It was just some type of grain with a piece of orange in it. I don't know what else to say about this other than, Ewwww! I saw a family at another table later on were given the same thing and they had two daughters who looked like they were around 10 years old and I saw them look at it suspiciously and ask their parent, "Do we have to eat this?" :rotfl2: The parents seemed kind of horrified by this too, so hey, at least we weren't the only ones!

Now for something appealing. For an appetizer DH got the Roasted Mushroom Flatbread.

P1030955.jpg

DH is a sucker for anything with mushrooms and he really loved it! He ate the whole thing.

I got the Crispy Beef "Bobotie" Rolls.

P1030956.jpg

I had these last year and loved them! This time was no exception. These are delicious! I put the cucumber raita all over them, which goes perfectly with them and it was heavenly! I was thrilled that they still had these on the menu.

For our entrees I was torn. I really wanted the Filet, but I loved the Duck last time and wanted that again. I ended up deciding on the Seared Barbarie Duck Breast with Potato and Spinach Masala, Royal Trumpet Mushrooms, Port Emulsion.

P1030958.jpg

This was good, but not as good as last year. The mushrooms didn't have a lot of flavor and I got a really small portion of duck. It was definitely good, but not great. I wish I had asked if I could get the Filet with the Mac and Cheese even though it's not on the menu.

DH did get the Filet which came with come kind of risotto I believe.

P1030957.jpg

He loved this! It looked really good and I was regretting my choice. He ordered it medium and as soon as he cut into it we could see that it was cooked perfectly. He gave me a bite and it was heavenly! It was so tender! Darn! Bad choice by me.

I was really disappointed in my dessert last year, so I was hoping to get a good one this time. I tried One Last Cup.

P1030960.jpg

I can't find a description for this online, but it was some sort of flavored mousse (i think) on the right with a little chocolate handle so that it looked like a cup. There was a flavored cream on the top of it. Then in the cup on the left was "hot chocolate" which was a warm chocolate ganache, which I poured all over the mousse. The spoon was just cocoa powder done in the shape of a spoon. I saw in someone else's review that they got a spoon that was a cookie! I feel jipped! I want a cookie spoon :laughing: This was delicious! The warm ganache really made this dessert incredible! It was rich, but not heavy. A perfect end to my meal!

DH got some kind of cheesecake. Again, I can't find a description, but I think it was lemon and blueberry.

P1030959.jpg

DH of course liked this. I don't think he's ever found a cheesecake he hasn't liked.

Our last night in Disney! :sad1: I don't want to go home! You can't make me! Call security because I refuse to leave! :rotfl2: Alright, alright. I guess I'll pack so that we're ready to go in the morning.

Up next... The last review! 1900 Park Fare and a few last minute snacks.

Your WPE pictures are great! We have not been there in a few years and in May we tried to go there but it was closed....I really think we are missing out and we have got to get our butts back there!

Dont you love the movies in DTD? On our last trip we saw Fast Five and POTC 4 and we had a great time...its so nice to take a break in the afternoon...DH is already planning on a repeat performance next month :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh we love the movie theater there! We are about 20 minutes away from the nearest movie theater at home and it does not even compare to AMC 24! Every theater in there is so amazing! No one understands why we go to the movies while we're down there, but like you said, it really is nice to take a break sometimes, especially in the heat.

Wow, those were two great movies to see there! We had a limited selection this time. Everything we wanted to see was in the Fork & Screen and we didn't want to pay the extra since we weren't eating in there. I do want to check out F&S in the future though.

We saw 7 movies at AMC 24 on our Disneymoon two years ago! The only downside of that is I now find Zombieland romantic because everytime I watch it, it reminds me of my honeymoon! :lmao:

I was really disappointed in my dessert last year, so I was hoping to get a good one this time. I tried One Last Cup.

P1030960.jpg

I can't find a description for this online, but it was some sort of flavored mousse (i think) on the right with a little chocolate handle so that it looked like a cup. There was a flavored cream on the top of it. Then in the cup on the left was "hot chocolate" which was a warm chocolate ganache, which I poured all over the mousse. The spoon was just cocoa powder done in the shape of a spoon. I saw in someone else's review that they got a spoon that was a cookie! I feel jipped! I want a cookie spoon :laughing: This was delicious! The warm ganache really made this dessert incredible! It was rich, but not heavy. A perfect end to my meal!

DH got some kind of cheesecake. Again, I can't find a description, but I think

OMG I couldn't stop laughing as I read the bolded part of your dessert review above. I was the poster that got the cookie spoon! It was in May 2011, so maybe they have changed the presentation slightly?

Here was my version:

IMG_7652.jpg

And what on earth was that "gift" from the chef?? :lmao: I am a very adventurous foodie and even I wouldn't try that :rotfl:

OMG I couldn't stop laughing as I read the bolded part of your dessert review above. I was the poster that got the cookie spoon! It was in May 2011, so maybe they have changed the presentation slightly?

Here was my version:

IMG_7652.jpg

And what on earth was that "gift" from the chef?? :lmao: I am a very adventurous foodie and even I wouldn't try that :rotfl:

Oh man, you got the cookie spoon! :lmao::lmao: Actually, I didn't even see your picture. There is another current review of someone's trip who was there the same week as me and they had one too. I think I was punished for not eating that slop from the chef! :lmao:

Ok, I'm glad you thought that stuff was nasty looking too! What the heck? :rotfl2:

Loving all the WPE reviews! Can't wait to eat there next month and the cheese pizza you had looks super yummy!:lovestruc

Oh man, you got the cookie spoon! :lmao::lmao: Actually, I didn't even see your picture. There is another current review of someone's trip who was there the same week as me and they had one too. I think I was punished for not eating that slop from the chef! :lmao:

Ok, I'm glad you thought that stuff was nasty looking too! What the heck? :rotfl2:

LOL. Maybe they only prep so many cookie spoons per night and after that they do the cocoa powder? :confused3

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck it was. We have been given many amuse bouches at many restaurants over the years but I've never seen anything like that.

This is quinoa (KEEN-wah)! It's actually not a grain even though it looks and cooks like one. I'm not sure why they were serving it at Jiko -- it's almost exclusively from South America, so not typically African at all. Nutritionally, it's very, very good for you. It can be served sweet or savory, pretty much the way you'd use rice. I did make it like oatmeal for breakfast one morning, with brown sugar and cinnamon and butter, and it was delicious.

Oh man, you got the cookie spoon! :lmao::lmao: Actually, I didn't even see your picture. There is another current review of someone's trip who was there the same week as me and they had one too. I think I was punished for not eating that slop from the chef!

:lmao: Maybe they're taking a hint from 50's Prime Time. "No cookie unless you eat your veggies!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter