• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10 Days Of Glorious Disney Dining! Lots Of Pics!~Complete!

jerseytinkerbell

DIS Veteran
Hi there! Jerseytinkerbell back for my second dining trip report! I had so much fun doing one last year and I couldn't wait to start this one. Now, let me give you a little bit of background info for this trip.

This trip is just me & hubby. We have taken 6 trips to WDW together and this is only the second trip with just the two of us. We always have family come along too, which is nice, but we were looking forward to just us this time.

We stayed 1 night at All Star Music and 8 nights at AKL Kidani. Here we are at the bus stop.

P1030751-1-1-1.jpg

After 2 trips on Deluxe Dining we decided to go back to the basic dining plan this trip. I booked some new places to eat for our Table service meals and we got to try some new counter services places we've never had before as well.

I hope you enjoy our 10 day Disney Dining Experience!

Day 1-Cosmic Ray's (dinner) & Main Street Bakery (snack)

Day 2-All Star Music Intermission Food Court (breakfast)

Day 2-Rose & Crown (lunch)

Day 2-La Cava del Tequila (drinks) & Karamell-Kuche (snack)

Day 2-Earl Of Sandwich (dinner)

Day 3-Flame Tree BBQ (lunch)

Day 3-Kona Cafe (dinner)

Day 3-Aloha Isle (snack)

Day 4-Yak & Yeti counter service (lunch)

Day 4-Kusafiri Bakery (snack) & Maji Pool Bar (drink)

Day 4-Wolfgang Puck Express (dinner)

Day 5-Sunshine Seasons (breakfast)

Day 5-La Cantina de San Angel (lunch) & Cool Wash (snack)

Day 5-Turf Club (dinner)

Day 6-Starring Rolls & Fairfax Fare (breakfast)

Day 6-Backlot Express (lunch) & Writer's Stop (snack)

Day 6-The Wave (dinner)

Day 7-Main Street Bakery (breakfast)

Day 7-Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)

Day 7-Aloha Isle (snack)

Day 7-Mara

Day 8-Kona Cafe (breakfast)

Day 8-Ghirardelli (snack)

Day 8-Garden Grill (dinner)

Day 9-Wolfgang Puck Express (breakfast)

Day 9-Wolfgang Puck Express (lunch)

Day 9-Jiko (dinner)

Day 10-1900 Park Fare (breakfast)

First up... Arrival day at Magic Kingdom!

10 days at Disney World sounds great! We stayed at Kidani for 3 nights in May and loved it there. Despite being far away from all the other parks it was a beautiful resort and very relaxing there!

I'm looking forward to your reviews!

Count me in, gets my more excited for my trip in just 44 days :goodvibes

Hey, neighbor (I'm also from South Jersey)! I am eager to hear your experience.

10 days at Disney World sounds great! We stayed at Kidani for 3 nights in May and loved it there. Despite being far away from all the other parks it was a beautiful resort and very relaxing there!

I'm looking forward to your reviews!

10 days was great, but somehow still not enough! We hated to come home! We loved Kidani too. It was very quiet and peaceful there.

Count me in, gets my more excited for my trip in just 44 days :goodvibes

I always love your dining reviews! I can't wait to hear about your trip to F&W. I'm sad we haven't caught that the last 2 years. I definitely have to come down for it next year!

Subbing!! I am leaving in two days for my long weekend getaway at POP. Looking forward to seeing your pics when I get back.

Isn't the first day at Disney the best?! You have your whole trip ahead of you and it's so exciting! After a 16 hour drive from Jersey we checked in at ASMu at 10:30 am on Friday August 26. After a long nap we got ready and headed to Magic Kingdom for the night.

As soon as we got there I wanted to eat! I had an Egg McMuffin :crazy2: at 6am and I was now starving. DH insisted on a few rides first, but after about 2 rides I was insisting that we eat something.

Now, for our one day at ASMu we were not on the dining plan and I did not book any food reservations for this day since I wasn't sure how we would feel after our long ride. Today we were just going to wing it!

We tried to get in at Tony's for dinner, but they weren't taking walk-ins, so off we go to Cosmic Ray's.

P1030821.jpg

At this point I was REALLY REALLY HUNGRY, so sorry that the pics here aren't the greatest. I just wanted to snap them quick and dig into my food!

DH had the BBQ Pork Sandwich and the Triple Chocolate Cake, which can be seen at the top of the picture:
P1030269.jpg

I had the 1/3 lb. Angus Bacon Cheeseburger and loaded it with mushrooms at the toppings bar:
P1030270.jpg

I demolished my burger and fries! I have always loved Disney's counter service burgers for some reason, but this trip it wasn't as good. I'm going to have to agree with what I've seen a lot of other people put on the boards. I am not crazy about the bun! This might change some of the other counter services I had planned for this trip.

After a few more rides we decided to call it a night and on the way out of Magic Kingdom I stopped at Main Street Bakery for a late night snack to take back to the room. I decided on a Red Velvet Cupcake:
P1030288.jpg

It got a little bit smushed in the container on the bus ride back, but it was delicious! I have a hard time finding a good Red Velvet Cupcake back at home, but I make them all the time and love my recipe so I am very critical. This one was really amazing! A great end to our first evening!

Up next... A day of firsts!

I'm in too! I love a good red velvet cupcake too. They are my favorite! Can't wait to read more reviews!

Looking forward to your review! I'm also from South Jersey and we head back in November! Can't wait!

Thanks for joining in!

Subbing!! I am leaving in two days for my long weekend getaway at POP. Looking forward to seeing your pics when I get back.

Excellent! Have a wonderful trip :goodvibes

Very excited to read about your dining, and of course the pictures!

Thanks! Lots of good stuff to come!

I'm in too! I love a good red velvet cupcake too. They are my favorite! Can't wait to read more reviews!

Alright! I've been loving your dining report btw. "Hangry" is a pretty acurate description of myself before meals on vacation :lmao:

Looking forward for more reviews!

Thanks for joining in :goodvibes

Count me in too! My trip is also in just 44 more days!

Yay! I love going in October! Hope you have a great time!

Looking forward to your review! I'm also from South Jersey and we head back in November! Can't wait!

Good to see so many South Jersey people! Thanks for joining in!

It's Day 2 and we're up early to get ready and switch resorts! We will now be headed to AKL Kidani for the rest of our stay. We are out of the room by 7:30am and decide to head to the ASMu food court for a quick breakfast.

I didn't really want to eat anything big, so we decided to split something. I prefer the sweet, but DH likes the savory. I decided to be a nice wife and split an omelette with him. :goodvibes The omelette of the day was Turkey and Cheese. Omelette of the day it is!
P1030291.jpg

The omelette was good. Nothing spectacular. The breakfast potatoes were kind of disappointing. The flavor of them was good, but they weren't really cooked enough for my taste. I would have liked for them to be a little bit softer. But, DH is a champ and didn't have any problem finishing my portion that I didn't eat.

And to wash it all down, some apple juice:
P1030292.jpg

Now we are ready to hop back in the car and get over to AKL and start our vacation for real!

Subbing as well.

After having the deluxe dining, how is the regular plan? I have had the deluxe the past four visits, but this time (in October in [see below number of days]), we have the Disney Dining (I think) and I am nervous about having enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter