“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

:thanks:

They did indeed. Though I will warn you, they have a bit of funky to them now. (I haven't gotten around to trying to wash them yet to see if it helps. I will report back once I have) We found them to be perfect for the trip. They do indeed work great as water shoes as well.

:rolleyes1

I find that sandals (or shoes without socks) ALWAYS gives my kids smelly feet. And my twins like to take off their socks and put their shoes back on the wrong feet. So the ability to wash these shoes was a selling point.

First ride -- Peter Pan

I still can't believe you had a real human for the wake-up call. In over 30 visits to Disney, I've never had that happen.

I'm sorry you ended up on the wrong side to go see Mickey, but the look on DD's face when the Welcome Show came is absolutely priceless.

We've not gone to see Mickey up front since he started talking; I'm still not sure how I feel about that.

The pictures of DD with Mickey are great.

Last edited:
We've not gone to see Mickey up front since he started talking; I'm still not sure how I feel about that.

I feel the same, I find it strange. One of the things I like about meeting non-face characters is not having to come up with witty things to say in conversation. I can see the charm for children though being able to chat with Mickey.

I'm gonna go with Peter Pan too....cause that would be what I would do lol. Your pics with Mickey look pretty cute though...even if it wasn't a stellar interaction. I would like to go see Mickey once but...I'm never sure when is a good time to do it.

Following your posts, I love your daughter and it's just getting me more excited to take my 2 year old in November!

I just caught up! And ...I'm so sorry for your loss. Your grandmother looks like a beautiful woman. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Hope this TR is therapeutic and helping you deal with a difficult time! We on the Disboards are here for you!

First ride -- Peter Pan

I still can't believe you had a real human for the wake-up call. In over 30 visits to Disney, I've never had that happen.
I know! I haven't ever heard of that ever happening either! It was just weird! :confused3

I'm sorry you ended up on the wrong side to go see Mickey, but the look on DD's face when the Welcome Show came is absolutely priceless.
The lighting on her in those shots is quite good isn't it?

I wasn't sure how I felt about it either. TO be frank I don't think I know even now after having done it. Little Miss wasn't wowed by him and I kinda think its disappointing that he isn't wearing his standard outfit.

The pictures of DD with Mickey are great.
:thanks: There are some good ones in there.

I feel the same, I find it strange. One of the things I like about meeting non-face characters is not having to come up with witty things to say in conversation. I can see the charm for children though being able to chat with Mickey.
::yes:: He's definitely not a must do next trip.

'm gonna go with Peter Pan too....cause that would be what I would do lol.

Your pics with Mickey look pretty cute though...even if it wasn't a stellar interaction.
Indeed. And really there was nothing wrong with the interaction, its just that the interactions from the night before had set the bar SO HIGH! :rotfl2:

I would like to go see Mickey once but...I'm never sure when is a good time to do it.
I might use a FP for it. I got the impression that its not one that is used much and it could get you in quick.

Following your posts, I love your daughter and it's just getting me more excited to take my 2 year old in November!
:dogdance::welcome:

I just caught up!
:dogdance:

And ...I'm so sorry for your loss. Your grandmother looks like a beautiful woman. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Thank you. Indeed she was.

Hope this TR is therapeutic and helping you deal with a difficult time! We on the Disboards are here for you!
It truly is. Being able to escape back to the magic when I need has been wonderful.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :sad1: It sounds like you've had a heck of a week and I hope things start looking up for you soon :hug:.

Hopefully writing about your trip is slightly therapeutic. Little Miss meeting Mickey is absolutely adorable!!

While I still occasionally have moments where it hits me all over again they are getting a bit fewer and farther apart and I am trying to focus on the blessings my life is filled with and looking back on the wonderful memories with her. I know she wouldn't want me to dwell in sadness.
Again, I'm sorry for your loss. But I think you're in the right frame of mind. Taking some time to reflect on good times will definitely be good for you. :goodvibes

We were bummed when the wakeup call came to the room. I set it for 15 minutes before we had to leave the room so that Little Miss could experience the fun character waking her up. Instead what we got was an actual human being that seemed rather confused at the rather alert person answering the phone. :confused3 Awkward and Disappointing. I never bothered to attempt it again.
That really is a bummer! Maybe they were having some trouble with the system and had to do things a little bit differently. :confused3 I guess it is hard to tell since you didn't try it again.

Before long we had found ourselves through bag check and discovering the extra layer of magic that is settled over the magic kingdom when it is mostly empty.
Wow. That place is a ghost town. Great pictures! :thumbsup2

(If you are paid attention while looking at those photos you’ve probably already caught our first mistake of the trip. :headache:)
::yes:: Wrong side for the mouse. :headache:

Watching her face light up like that was magical!
::yes:: She is beyond cute. Her excitement definitely shows through the pictures!

It was a fun meet for sure. But Nothing about it stood out as a favorite. Which was a tad surprising. Mickey is always a favorite at home.
From the looks on Little Miss's face, if this meet was nothing special, I can't wait to see how some of the rest of them go.

***Bonus Question: What is our First ride?*****
Are you allowed to take a first trip to Disney World and not start on Dumbo? :confused3 It really doesn't make much sense from a park touring standpoint as the park is set up now, but I'll still stick with Dumbo. :dumbo:

I was just getting all caught up. I'm so sorry about your loss. Seeing the magic through a child's eyes is delightful! I'm going to guess the carousel.
-Lindsey

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :sad1:
Thank you.

It sounds like you've had a heck of a week and I hope things start looking up for you soon :hug:.
A heck of a week indeed! ::yes::

Hopefully writing about your trip is slightly therapeutic. Little Miss meeting Mickey is absolutely adorable!!
It is. And hey on the bright side I have breazed through the writting for the next 6 posts! I'm taking a mental break before striking out on Day two. I want to get it all down while its still fresh as possible.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. But I think you're in the right frame of mind. Taking some time to reflect on good times will definitely be good for you. :goodvibes
Thank you.

That really is a bummer! Maybe they were having some trouble with the system and had to do things a little bit differently. :confused3 I guess it is hard to tell since you didn't try it again.
It was just so awkward that it was almost disruptive to getting out on time.

Wow. That place is a ghost town. Great pictures! :thumbsup2
It really was! It was magical! and so worth the extra wait time.

::yes:: Wrong side for the mouse. :headache:
Indeed!

::yes:: She is beyond cute. Her excitement definitely shows through the pictures!
It really does.

From the looks on Little Miss's face, if this meet was nothing special, I can't wait to see how some of the rest of them go.
There were one or two that set the bar pretty high. I'm not saying that this meet was bad it just didn't have any stand out moments.

Are you allowed to take a first trip to Disney World and not start on Dumbo? :confused3 It really doesn't make much sense from a park touring standpoint as the park is set up now, but I'll still stick with Dumbo. :dumbo:

I have to say, seeing your DD's face light up was just magical! It makes this preggo mama weep a bit. ;)

I have a feeling you started with Peter Pan!

Reading along. I know I am late, but so sorry about your loss. I am voting Buzz for your first ride. I thought Luke's first ride would be Dumbo, but as we were walking that way, Buzz was right there with no line so we jumped on. Maybe you did the same?

My guess would be Under the Sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid or Dumbo. Little Miss is adorable. I am so sorry for your loss and sickness this last couple of weeks. I hope your family gets to feeling betterpixiedust:and am LOVIN your trip report!!

I am impressed that you were able to make the opening show after a semi-late night (with a toddler)! :thumbsup2

That is a really empty MK! :eek: Bummer that the CM advised you on the wrong area.

I just love all the shots of the pure joy on her face seeing that opening show! :lovestruc

Despite the Mickey meet not being a standout for you, Little Miss looks absolutely delighted to be in his presence. I love all the little looks of disbelief she's giving Mickey. Love that toddler joy.

I'm going to pick something different and guess Barnstormer for your first ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter